What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (32 Viewers)

Oh I agree but they don’t care about the shareholders at all. Not even a little bit. Bezos seemed to actually despise us. 
I don’t think it was despising shareholders. I mean SharkNZima aside, the stocks gone from $1.50 to $3600 in 24 years. He just always said that he didn’t worry about the share price, just growing the business and the share price will handle itself. When a CEO is worrying about share price, it likely means that things aren’t going as well and he/she is trying to figure out how* to prop it up so I always agreed with him. If your business is flying, you can let the share price follow you.

I’m very doubtful that there will be a split announcement any time soon.

* Like free popcorn. I’m so looking forward to that earnings report next week.

AMD/XLNX also cranking. Hopefully AMD leaves 100 in the rearview mirror here. 

Lisa Su is my favorite Exec
GB Lisa Su

Emily Chang

In my 10+ years covering tech, not sure I’ve ever seen this many superlatives to describe a quarter?

@AMD’s@LisaSu

Bloomberg TV

"Amazing," "flawless," "superior" — all words analysts used to describe AMD's results. CEO Lisa Su tells

@emilychangtv how she plans to keep delivering despite a chip shortage that's crippling production of everything from iPhones to cars https://trib.al/HCBy7xA

Nice call.  I'm up 50%.  Do you think 90 Cents is realistic this year?  I would like to sell half there and free roll.
I certainly think it is still undervalued even though it is sitting on 52-week highs.  Unlike most penny stocks or miners/exploration companies, this company has assets and production and leverage to a critical element that is trading at absurd levels.  Now, the downside risk is that it's best asset is in a region of the Congo that's.....well, not all that stable.  But, they employ locals, build hospitals and the gov takes 20% of their sales so want to protect their cash cow in the region. 

If you see .90, definitely sell some.  But I think this thing is poised to break higher.   If they do announce a cash dividend that will signify conviction by management.  As an aside, their CEO is now a partner in one of our funds, so we have ongoing dialog and access to him, which is key.  Also know two major tin traders with running dialog who see no changes on the horizon for tin prices.  Not in this environment where chip manufacturers can't make chips fast enough and tin is the soldering agent.

Oh I agree but they don’t care about the shareholders at all. Not even a little bit. Bezos seemed to actually despise us. 
I completely disagree GB. From what I understand Bezos wanted AMZN shares to be like Berkshire with a massive price. Look mine is bigger kind of thing. 

Is this the next step in getting EUA or is this to support eventual approval? If the former, the timeline just shifted. Doesn't seem like that's the case, but I really can't tell. 
no not used for EUA. I *think* it’s for the BLA which is for full approval. Definitely not for the EUA though. 

I completely disagree GB. From what I understand Bezos wanted AMZN shares to be like Berkshire with a massive price. Look mine is bigger kind of thing. 
I am speaking more towards the calls where he seemed to have a lot of disdain for any questions or comments that had anything to do with shareholders. I do agree he wants it to be an elite stock; and maybe he is right this is the way to go. 

Looks like $HOOD will open right at their $38 IPO price. Anybody gambling? As a long term investment, I feel like this company might be a disaster and am avoiding it like the plague, but there will be action one way or the other.

Looks like $HOOD will open right at their $38 IPO price. Anybody gambling? As a long term investment, I feel like this company might be a disaster and am avoiding it like the plague, but there will be action one way or the other.
I’m not a fan long term. Not saying it goes away but that I’m sure it’s fairly valued at $32B and I’m not a fan as an investor. Schwab is $130B and Fidelity is private but they are much larger with way more other products and services.

My eyeball test says a miss on the retail side. Just not seeing the trucks out I did last year. That said, the web services is where the profit is at. 
You aren’t? I’m in a cul de sac and do order Amazon but I see them all over our neighborhood and all the time driving. I see them more than I see FedEx/UPS combined.

Last year it exploded on a good report in this quarter after having a so so day prior
But that was before the huge beats were expected. The last few seem like they’ve handily crushed but still didn’t pop.

I’m interested to see if they’re still rolling along or they see any hiccups. I’m thinking the former. I still have faith in my 4K by end of the year target.

But that was before the huge beats were expected. The last few seem like they’ve handily crushed but still didn’t pop.

I’m interested to see if they’re still rolling along or they see any hiccups. I’m thinking the former. I still have faith in my 4K by end of the year target.
Me too on the 4k. This is just a sentiment to the earnings call. It’ll gain steam last quarter imo 

Portfolio has been on autopilot lately, which has probably been a good thing given my track record with trades in 2021. The one thing I've still been checking periodically is HGEN, are we still going to get rich off that thing? 

You aren’t? I’m in a cul de sac and do order Amazon but I see them all over our neighborhood and all the time driving. I see them more than I see FedEx/UPS combined.

They are still out there and I agree they dwarf the others.  Just seems like last year they were everywhere on the road and you couldn't go 30 seconds without seeing one.  Maybe they are getting more efficient in the deliveries???

Bob Sacamano said:
Will be interesting. TEAM did well.

I still can’t figure out if KNSL had good earnings or not. I can’t figure out their financial stuff. It’s also lightly traded after hours. The only thing that I could glean is that their per share earnings were about $1.50 and expectations looked like $1. Should be good, right?

Wow I've been on vacation and not really following but what the heck happened to the market after hours? Was that all just a reaction to Amazon? 

Love that HOOD crashed.  

There will be a play here though.  hmmm

They would have done better going public a few months ago I think. At least those who buy the shares that is. 

I don't short companies, but it would be tempting here. 

Wow I've been on vacation and not really following but what the heck happened to the market after hours? Was that all just a reaction to Amazon? 
Maybe 🤷‍♂️ it's mostly tech that seems to be falling.

I'd have thought with the infrastructure bill looking to pass, things would be a bit brighter. 

Suppose I won’t look at my account much today. 
It’ll be a bad day for me. Even my KNSL is down, although still up a few percent since I added some more. It might have been green since it beat top and bottom lines nicely. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread