Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread

Loaded up on LESL today.  I think POOL might be the better safer play.  They just seem to go up.  I know they are out of stock.  But I dont know if thats a good thing (hey we sold a ton) or a bad thing.. (Hey we have nothing to sell)

Not sure how much Ill hold through earnings on 8/4 as Im overbought right now.

Edited by KGB

Warning - TLDR

My cuz is a big chart guy. I asked him “What are your thoughts on AMZN? Is the chart telling you it should bounce back, or is there more potential downside?”

His reply (there were also charts that I couldn’t paste):

I think for the Long-Term, this was a gift. One thing that seems to hold true is that every reaction in the market is an overreaction, especially for companies with solid balance sheets  (not so much for speculative plays like growth stocks, IPOs, penny stocks, crypto, etc.)

Looks like we could test the daily 200 around 3270. We opened on Friday just underneath the 100ma on the daily chart, tested it - and it acted as resistance. So, that tells me that buyers are not jumping at that price.

On the weekly, going back to 2011 - the weekly 55ema and 100ma have been solid support to bounce off, only being breached 2x (2015 and 2000 market crash. I don't see anything in Q1 2015 that would have causes the drop. Maybe ER).

If it were me, the weekly 55ema (green) would be a solid entry, as long as we are finding some buying there, and not just blowing through it.  I would only think that's likely if overall market was doing the same, but even then, AMZN already dropped a lot.

Obviously there's always the threat of a more serious market pullback or crash , but sentiment seems bullish despite all the constant fear. An investor could theoretically put a SL underneath the weekly 100ma right there if they wanted to enter there and got a solid bounce. Ie: Risk 2% on 10k if worried about a further drop. Doing that always invites the risk of getting stopped out and then the stock taking off upward though.

The 2x it breached the weekly 55 in this screenshot was the market correction in late 2018, and market crash in 2020.

But I do think AMZN was consolidating in a range for about a year. So definitely a long-term hold.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

$YOU (company behind Clear) up 25% today and I can't find any news.  Anyone?

I bought some on 7/1 and some more on a dip a week later after a CNBC recommendation and after I used it to show vaccine status at the Olympic Trials.  I'd been underwater until last week, and now this spike.

20 hours ago, Desert_Power said:

Looks like a 30% premium for AFTPY shareholders :thumbup:

Ooof, had Afterpay on my watchlist for maybe a year and a half, since $25 or so, just never got around to pulling the trigger. Didn't like their valuation compared to the competition. Once again, turns out I'm just dumb. 

35 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Had three stocks go up 10% today: $SQ, $DOCN, and $UPST. I punched the market in its balls.

👍 I had one go up 6% ($SPCE) and another go up 26% ($SAENF, but that one has killed me lately and I'm just too stubborn to sell my 20000 shares)

Not that anyone cares, but I'm down to 4 individual stocks. SE, SPCE, SAENF, and Shamazon. Honestly, mitigating some of my risk.

Still plenty of sector funds.

18 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Not that anyone cares, but I'm down to 4 individual stocks. SE, SPCE, SAENF, and Shamazon. Honestly, mitigating some of my risk.

Still plenty of sector funds.

I care, GB. I care. 🤗

• Love 1

2 hours ago, McBokonon said:

Had three stocks go up 10% today: $SQ, $DOCN, and $UPST. I punched the market in its balls.

I own two of those and SEDG was up 11% after earnings. Did better than the market but not amazing with everything else especially since SEDG was after market. I’ve had 100 shares of that for a while so that’ll be nice. 

10 hours ago, KGB said:

SARK made me chuckle. But if it's one of these daily re-balancing funds I think it is possible for ARKK to decline over time and this short fund to also go down. And ARKK has more upside.  If SARK is selling ARKK shares short, they could attract some apes. What is the downside to shorting SARK? 

On 6/7/2021 at 11:29 AM, -OZ- said:

Had swapped some AI for FLGT late last week, might have to swap back today.

On 6/7/2021 at 11:49 AM, McBokonon said:

Just keep in mind FLGT has a large short interest (twice that of AI it looks like) and is extremely cheap. I'm a giant FLGT bull so I'm biased as hell and plan to hold for years and years, but I think it's better short term, too. IMO, anyway - you never know what's really gonna happen short term.

Saw FLGT spiking today and remembered this - hope you stayed with FLGT!

06/07 FLGT closed: 80.62 (today around 99)

06/07 AI close 60.91 (today around 48.92)

That said, AI is starting to look kind of interesting, but just for a watchlist.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Saw FLGT spiking today and remembered this - hope you stayed with FLGT!

06/07 FLGT closed: 80.62 (today around 99)

06/07 AI close 60.91 (today around 48.92)

That said, AI is starting to look kind of interesting, but just for a watchlist.

I sold off at $92.50 🤷‍♂️ (bought Amazon with the funds)

Don't have AI now either. 

Edited by -OZ-

19 hours ago, SFBayDuck said:

$YOU (company behind Clear) up 25% today and I can't find any news.  Anyone?

I bought some on 7/1 and some more on a dip a week later after a CNBC recommendation and after I used it to show vaccine status at the Olympic Trials.  I'd been underwater until last week, and now this spike.

And now down 17% a day later thanks to a JPM downgrade.  This thing is all over the place.

1 hour ago, JetMaxx said:

3 stocks recommended in this thread:

BLDP

NARI

EVFM

my 3 worst positions since purchase, any thoughts on them?

BLDP was recommended by Todem and a 5 year horizon.  Can't speak to the rest.  I've been accumulating BLDP personally. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

Doubled my DKNG position with NFL right around the corner. 

Speaking of, so is winter.  Natural gas went crazy last year.  Any recommendations on a play there? 

Winter is coming? $STARK

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

1 hour ago, JetMaxx said:

3 stocks recommended in this thread:

BLDP

NARI

EVFM

my 3 worst positions since purchase, any thoughts on them?

I've bought more EVFM a few times now and keep averaging down.  I'm patiently waiting there, they are trying to launch a new product, sales are picking up week to week, there is talk about expansion overseas as well. 

I think it's a good product but they are needing to spend a lot of money on marketing to get the word out, some say too much.  Eventually I think this scales back and they are able to get more organic interest but for now they are doing everything they can to push the word out.  So more revenue  in sales and less money on advertising and I'm betting that they will eventually be fine but may not be as quick a win as we like.

They also have a product in development to reduce infections that I believe will also ultimately help them grow a lot.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dwayne Hoover said:

AMD is crushing it right now but are decoupling even more than they were from XLNX. 

I've got a little XLNX but almost don't see a reason to not just take the sure thing right now and just go all in with AMD.

Im in deep on XLNX, counting on the merge.

:unsure:

1 hour ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

AMD and FTNT are both in price discovery mode. I don't obsess over trying to hit the top. I'll wait and see when they level off for a few days before taking profit. Let em run. 

Thanks. I'm a n00b with stocks, so I'm just taking in as much knowledge as I can right now. Read from a few publications each day and stop (lurk) in here to get a more everyman temperature of what's going on.

16 hours ago, identikit said:

Im in deep on XLNX, counting on the merge.

:unsure:

I don’t get the decoupling as we’re closer to the end. The funny part is that XLNX had a solid earnings report recently. I didn’t expect it to move much because it’s tied to AMD now. Maybe it’s impatience or so many people dove into AMD for their earnings call and aren’t aware of the merger winces it’s kind of old news? It’s definitely weird but as long as someone hands me my 172.34 shares of AMD before the end of the year, I’m cool. 

• Thanks 1

Been a weird earnings season. S&P has beaten me since start of the year (Amazon shave hurt), but I’ve had a ton of big winners this earnings season. Last night ATVI, INSP and NVTA all popped and it seems like there’s been a few every day for the past week. Feels like a lot of my stocks got hit way too hard with the whole inflation kills growth until they have another solid earnings report and they pop more than they would have.

3 minutes ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

HOOD is running extremely hot and I don't get it. Halted twice already today. No position but watching it...

Its like the same people that were pissed at HOOD for not allowing full trading on GME at times are now running this one up.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

HOOD is running extremely hot and I don't get it. Halted twice already today. No position but watching it...

Congrats to anyone who got in a few days ago. I considered it :kicksrock: but it absolutely would havebbeen a short term play

4 minutes ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

3 minutes ago, beef said:

Its like the same people that were pissed at HOOD for not allowing full trading on GME at times are now running this one up.  

My bet is that Goldman and JPMorgan are the ones running it and yolo dudes attracted to any moon shot get sucked in.