What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (10 Viewers)

Wish  was...

:kicksrock:
My youngest and middle son’s accounts are up almost 3% even with 20% cash. 3 stocks, all up nicely. Not huge money yet, but still 2-4 more years before college and more job money and they might have a real nice nest egg and I might not have to pay for a lot of stuff.

Waiting for ONON to come down so I can buy some.

My brother bought a couple pair some months back.

He swears by them.

And he buys a lot of shoes, so...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: KGB
Hell of a last month for MTTR
I added 10 days ago and that portion is up 40%.  Warrants up way more than that (should have bought warrants instead!).  I believe this has a lot of legs and is a disruptive technology.  HODLing.  

Same with SOFI, BTW. I like both and hold both.  Only SPAC based stocks I still hold other than DMYI.  DMYI with their quantum computing will soon rule the world.

Down about $280 right now...

Hanging on a while longer....

SI is a very good indirect crypto investment imo.

I've been in that one for since last December.

Up 147%
I missed SI, but I saw it lingering around $80 not that long ago and knew it was a good deal.

Thats said, up 0.25% for the day on a down day (overcame AMZN being down) is not bad at all. My boys rolled. Up about 5%.

Down about $280 right now...

Hanging on a while longer....

SI is a very good indirect crypto investment imo.

I've been in that one for since last December.

Up 147%

I own some crypto that I'm going to hold for years.   

This 40-50k range has been so darn predictable though.   If MARA/RIOT synced liked it was that would have been a winning trade.   Chalking it up to to "can't win them all" and wait for the entry point again.   Now that I'm not a dumb dum and have a better trading vehicle that will make it easier. 

Plus, these aren't investments, it's gambling.  From where I started at the beginning of the year I've made money on roughly 75% of these trades.  If were picking NFL games with this degree of accuracy I would be living in Vegas already. 

I own some crypto that I'm going to hold for years.   

This 40-50k range has been so darn predictable though.   If MARA/RIOT synced liked it was that would have been a winning trade.   Chalking it up to to "can't win them all" and wait for the entry point again.   Now that I'm not a dumb dum and have a better trading vehicle that will make it easier. 

Plus, these aren't investments, it's gambling.  From where I started at the beginning of the year I've made money on roughly 75% of these trades.  If were picking NFL games with this degree of accuracy I would be living in Vegas already. 

GBTC definitely tracks it more reliably than MARA/RIOT, but it has its fair share of bouts where it does a poor job tracking it as well.

Essentially when one of the crypto trading vehicles is correlating extra strong, the rest suffer.  When Mara/Riot were blowing up previously GBTC was lagging behind BTC.

Just woke up and read a little. Now that I’m an expert in Chinese mortgages and liquidity issues, here’s what everyone should do:
Already done, thanks for the advice. There were a few sells on my plate last week. Looks like I should have just pulled all those triggers as they hadn’t done well. I guess it doesn’t really matter since the replacements are getting whacked at the same time so really a wash. Hey, thanks again for making me feel better about that too!

The stock that shall not be named is up 13% today.  I knew I should have moved everything into that.

I know it always happens on down days but I have to laugh when tech companies who have nothing to do with Chinese real estate and any type of default wave get whacked more than companies with business in China and are financial and maybe have exposure. It’s like clockwork because people run to safety but isn’t a company growing great with no exposure a safe place? It’s always amusing. Unfortunately, not feeling any super great bargains yet.

What do you find appealing in this one?  Seems tinder box-ish.

-----

DAL and EXC are green - I have two!   :P

That's exactly it.  The 3x adds volatility making it a fun day trader, and I also like big banks long term so I feel less likely to get trapped.  All the cash I'm deploying on BNKU today is from selling BNKU when it was 60+.  

I know it always happens on down days but I have to laugh when tech companies who have nothing to do with Chinese real estate and any type of default wave get whacked more than companies with business in China and are financial and maybe have exposure. It’s like clockwork because people run to safety but isn’t a company growing great with no exposure a safe place? It’s always amusing. Unfortunately, not feeling any super great bargains yet.
Agreed no bargains for a while, this feels like a week long sell off.

Wanted to generate some cash so sold my DIS stock I bought in March 2020 at a 70% gain.  I believe every bit of good news is baked in to the price and without a dividend there's no reason to hold.  I think it's more likely to move lower from here. 

Agreed no bargains for a while, this feels like a week long sell off.

We're about half way to correction territory.  Another day like today and there will be good entry points abound.  Closely watching for long term (Running 200 day average in parenthesis):

AFL(51.15)

EMR(91.06)

PYPL(256.91)

JNJ(164.42)

MMM(188.04)

Bought 2000 more UVXy this morning.

I think it runs to at least 32 and 50 is not our of the question

Users who are viewing this thread