Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread

6 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

At least our AMC short is looking much better.   @KGB

Nice!  I had to sell 10% down ☹️

I wanted to throw everything I had into dutch bros.  So far so good.

I may have have on vacation drunk in key west while making that decision lol

56 minutes ago, KGB said:

Anyone else in Dutch BROS?

I think I amy hold for a long long time.  Its all 20 year olds that go there.

I put a limit order to buy at $33 on IPO day when it was at $32.90 and it jumped quickly and I never got it.  Sad banana.  :toilet:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/17/2021 at 12:22 PM, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

Sold my MARA lost about $800.  Need to stick to Grayscale and buy when it starts sniffing around 40k again.

I've moved from RIOT to actually buying the coins.

ETH is easy to buy in robinhood or coinbase and is a steal right now.  Thoughts?

1 minute ago, General Malaise said:

I'm not but my son is.  These places are always packed.  Always.  

Theres like 10+ cars in line at EVERY one I drive by.  and from what I hear, its all young people.  $$$$

In the history of market dips of 2% or more has there ever been a subsequent rise on the next day not called a dead cat bounce?  Is there any other type of bounce?  A happy fun ball bounce?  Do cats only bounce when dead?  

1 minute ago, culdeus said:

In the history of market dips of 2% or more has there ever been a subsequent rise on the next day not called a dead cat bounce?  Is there any other type of bounce?  A happy fun ball bounce?  Do cats only bounce when dead?  

And from the various trials I’ve run, they barely bounce then, either.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

12 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

Possibly but good chance it's a DC bounce.  I think tomorrow will be a better indicator of how the next couple of weeks go. 

I'll find some more cats.

• Like 2

I'm betting it's not a bounce and yesterday was more of an overreaction.  My largest buys were in BNKU and NRGU so really just looking at this from a US Big Bank and Oil side.

I didn't deploy all my cash though so if I'm wrong I will be buying more.  

Edited by beef
  • Like 1

QS up over 11% premarket.  No, this is not a repost from November 2020.  

9:05 am ET

*QuantumScape shares are trading higher after an 8-K from the company showed it signed an agreement with a second top ten automotive original equipment manufacturer.(Benzinga)

8:36 am ET

*QuantumScape 8-K Shows Co. Signed Deal With Second Top 10 Auto Original Equipment Manufacturer, Will Collab To Evaluate Prototypes Of Co.'s Solid-State Battery Cells, Buy 10 MWh Capacity From Co.'s Pre-Pilot Production Line Facility, No Terms Disclosed(Benzinga)

Quantumscape Insider Trades $15.56 Million In Company Stock

10:18 am ET September 17, 2021 (Benzinga) Print

Timothy Holme, Chief Technology Officer at Quantumscape (NYSE:QS), made a large insider sell on September 15, according to a new SEC filing.

What Happened: A Form 4 filing from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Wednesday showed that Holme sold 739,106 shares of Quantumscape at a price of $21.08 per share. The total transaction amounted to $15,559,445.

Following the transaction, Holme still owns 595,070 shares of the company, worth $12,856,487.

:oldunsure: 

Edited by beef
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, identikit said:

I'm down for today so far...

Thanks DKNG

Same here, same stock.  DKNG is my 3rd largest holding and I really don't want to add to that, but it sure is tempting me to.  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, beef said:

Same here, same stock.  DKNG is my 3rd largest holding and I really don't want to add to that, but it sure is tempting me to.  

Bought it @ $24.77

I sold some @ $70

Have been waiting to sell some more at that same point.

:shrug:  I'm the only one hoping it drops another 2% today?  That's near correction territory and we are due and that's ok.  Have a large amount of cash that needs to go in long term.  Not pulling the trigger just yet as the dead cat has just been erased.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonydead said:

:shrug:  I'm the only one hoping it drops another 2% today?  That's near correction territory and we are due and that's ok.  Have a large amount of cash that needs to go in long term.  Not pulling the trigger just yet as the dead cat has just been erased.

Looks like the market is giving up its gains, I think you see 5% additional drop by the end of the.month.  I also am sitting on a good amount of cash, doesn’t feel right to buy anything right now.

3 hours ago, cosjobs said:

I got all the way back in UVXY at the opening discount

I just bought 100 shares at $26.54. Small hedge that I should have done earlier. I'm down about 6% this month. 

You're all welcome. The market should rebound nicely now.

5 hours ago, beef said:

QS up over 11% premarket.  No, this is not a repost from November 2020.  

Now up 17%.  Just 30% to go!  :excited:

*QuantumScape Option Alert: Oct 15 $26 Calls Sweep (46) above Ask!: 783 @ $1.08 vs 44 OI; Earnings 11/2 Before Open [est] Ref=$23.72

I'm assuming this is a option they don't plan on calling 10/15 since they could just buy the shares now for less?  Very bullish move for maybe a week or so???   

Edited by beef
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gopher State said:

Looks like the market is giving up its gains, I think you see 5% additional drop by the end of the.month.  I also am sitting on a good amount of cash, doesn’t feel right to buy anything right now.

Are you sure?  A couple things are for sure, these are discount prices compared to the last 6 months and your cash isn't going to be worth as much 6 months from now.  I want to be greedy too though so moving in cautiously with about about a third to half of what I need to invest that way I lock in some discounts.

Edited by tonydead

On 9/20/2021 at 11:00 AM, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

Wanted to generate some cash so sold my DIS stock I bought in March 2020 at a 70% gain.  I believe every bit of good news is baked in to the price and without a dividend there's no reason to hold.  I think it's more likely to move lower from here. 

Well this was lucky timing, closed down $7.44 a share today. 

Disney shares tumble as CEO projects lower fourth-quarter subscriber growth than estimates

18 hours ago, KGB said:

Theres like 10+ cars in line at EVERY one I drive by.  and from what I hear, its all young people.  $$$$

Yeah, and it's been like that since forever here.  It's like the first thing a teen wants to do when they get a license.  Grab the car and buy a $6 Iced Anhilator (sp?).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, beef said:

I feel like this is a good one to buy when it takes big dips like it is now.  Just wish I had cash.  

Uranium spot price is $50/Lb.  Stocks got pulverized yesterday which is understandable considering how much they ran.  They may still be overvalued but the spot price is what you want to follow because the leverage in the equities is tied right into that so if it maintains $50 and even climbs, get ya some.  But if it dips, don't be the last guy in the room to turn off the lights. 

@TylerRoseFan

4 minutes ago, beef said:

Closed out ARKG and Q in my Roth and moved it all to TQQQ this morning (not huge, talking under $10k here).  That money has done better in the last hour than it did over the last 9 months.  :lol:

I'll never understand this fascination with Cathy Wood recently.  She had one good year and all of a sudden she's Buffet. 

17 hours ago, General Malaise said:

I feel like this is a good one to buy when it takes big dips like it is now.  Just wish I had cash.  

Uranium spot price is $50/Lb.  Stocks got pulverized yesterday which is understandable considering how much they ran.  They may still be overvalued but the spot price is what you want to follow because the leverage in the equities is tied right into that so if it maintains $50 and even climbs, get ya some.  But if it dips, don't be the last guy in the room to turn off the lights. 

@TylerRoseFan

So what are you thinking about the uranium market?  Seems like a blow off top to me at the moment just looking at the spot price exponential rise.  Might be a good choice to ring the register.