Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread

27 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Started a position in $PUBM. Bought some and also sold a put. $1.4 Billion adtech so will be volatile. Long term hold here. IPO’d last year and I think it’s gone through most of the post-IPO craziness and should just be small-cap craziness now. Swapped $PD for it.

Saw that but seeing as how I have to work it was already pumped so I’m planning to wait a bit for the post-rec dip which may or may not happen. 

On 12/9/2020 at 8:15 AM, McBokonon said:

There's another IPO today that's a little interesting - $PUBM - Pubmatic. 

Just now, stbugs said:

Saw that but seeing as how I have to work it was already pumped so I’m planning to wait a bit for the post-rec dip which may or may not happen. 

I've been watching it since December. I didn't even know there was a rec on it - looks like it was earlier this week? Was there one today, too?

Just now, McBokonon said:

I've been watching it since December. I didn't even know there was a rec on it - looks like it was earlier this week? Was there one today, too?

I see it - normally the dip happens a lot sooner, this jump seems to have held.

Oh well, you know I'd prefer to get some and wait over getting none and waiting.

12 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

I see it - normally the dip happens a lot sooner, this jump seems to have held.

Oh well, you know I'd prefer to get some and wait over getting none and waiting.

It was Wednesday at 1 although it is annoying when others appear to know early as it starting jumping before 1. I think I first saw it at almost $28 and I wasn’t watching it. I’ll just wait a bit and see what happens. TTD is my second largest holding and ROKU is more than a share for me too even though I sold half this summer (good choice at $450), so I’ve got a lot of advertising exposure. I don’t know much about them so I’ll check and see if I want to add. Heck, looking at the long chart, it’s definitely at the bottom of the trading range regardless.

Edited by stbugs

9 hours ago, Todem said:

Two great Chemical companies here we have posted about in the past.

LYB

DOW

Super low valuations.....awesome dividends.......love em. 

Just heard some negative language on CNBC regarding DOW, describing it as a potential value trap (not exactly sure what that means) and "dead money". The sentiments were offered by Mike Khouw who is often wrong so I'm taking them with a grain of salt.. I assume you like DOW as a long term hold. Thoughts on his claims?

6 hours ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

I appreciate you letting me, us, know this.  It's in my cash account though and pretty close to even.   I don't make trades in my IRA, I have a FA for that. A FA that has done a great job and earned every penny I've paid him. :)

You really should reverse that and be trading in your IRA and letting the FA handle the cash account.  Assume they aren't balanced, you could break off a portion of the IRA for you to trade that equals your cash account and let the FA handle the cash account.

10 hours ago, McBokonon said:

Started a position in $PUBM. Bought some and also sold a put. $1.4 Billion adtech so will be volatile. Long term hold here. IPO’d last year and I think it’s gone through most of the post-IPO craziness and should just be small-cap craziness now. Swapped $PD for it.

I think this was discussed on a recent Motley Fool Money podcast. I think they had a favorable take. 

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

You really should reverse that and be trading in your IRA and letting the FA handle the cash account.  Assume they aren't balanced, you could break off a portion of the IRA for you to trade that equals your cash account and let the FA handle the cash account.

I sincerely appreciate the advice GB but there's a lot of leads on that ball of twine.  

On 10/15/2021 at 7:16 AM, General Malaise said:

Got a couple positive reports on BROS if anybody is interested.  PM your email and I'll forward along this morning.  

All I know is the one on Coburg Rd by my place must have had 15 cars in line yesterday as we headed to the Duck game.  And the Sheldon High kids are lined up outside the walk-up window at lunch time.

• Love 1

For those keeping track it looks like Michael Burry took the loss and closed out his short position on TSLA.

I bought 50 shares when it dipped into the $500's and I've been selling along the way and have about half of those left.  I'm tempted to sell more since my last sell was $70 ago but this chart looks like it still has some major legs to some stupid numbers as we approach ATH's.  My best guess is we reject hard off the ATH one time then slide back up to it and burst through to something much higher, but of course that has little to do with fundamentals.  Not something I'm interested in owning long-term but I'm not sure this swing trade is done yet.

If I do sell I'll probably move it into UPST which I started buying on the last pullback but only got less than 1/4 of my desired position before it blew up again.  I'd like to buy that on a dip but that's how I felt about SHOP when it was in a similar price range and I kept just saying "next dip, next dip" which never really came and then $1000 bucks later I was sitting there kicking myself.  Not sure if UPST has that kind of legs but man that chart is crazy.

Would also funnel a little more into ASAN which I used to have a ton of but sold most when it ran $27 to mid $40's.  As usual when I take a good gain it ends up being a 5-10 bagger without me, and when I forego the good gain to hold for the 5-10 bagger it pulls back into the red.

It's really a good metaphor for how incredible the market has been the last 18 months that I could have gotten that decision wrong in almost every case yet my account is still up by absurd amounts.  I had 2000 DKNG shares at $19, 10 SQ $30 calls, 10 ROKU $130 calls, and a lot more similar things that I piked out on for "measly" for 10-20% gains.

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

I sincerely appreciate the advice GB but there's a lot of leads on that ball of twine.  

Yeah...I understand.  Tough/frustrating having to add the tax timing variable into the equation.

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2021 at 11:15 AM, McBokonon said:

Bought some today @ $29.50

Edited by identikit
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sand said:

SOFI is a nice, solid double so far - as with all hindsight I should have bought way, way more.  Runway is long and I'll be holding this a long time.

I bought this on the dip, then sold a good chunk on the rebound.

I wish I had held all of it now.

:doh:

11 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Grayscale sucks.

How come they haven’t just converted to an ETF? Bitcoin ETFs have opened and I know they wanted to convert. If they do, should be a nice pop, right? I have some GBTC and it has been lagging a lot more lately.

12 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Grayscale sucks.

Greyscale Ethereum (ETHE) has done well for me, up 33% over 6 months.

Between that and SI (up 251% over 10 months) , that's my crypto exposure.

Edited by identikit

49 minutes ago, stbugs said:

How come they haven’t just converted to an ETF? Bitcoin ETFs have opened and I know they wanted to convert. If they do, should be a nice pop, right? I have some GBTC and it has been lagging a lot more lately.

I'd like to see a list of these.

Thought the first (US) one was launching today....

BITO is the one starting today

Edited by identikit

11 minutes ago, identikit said:

I'd like to see a list of these.

Thought the first (US) one was launching today....

BITO is the one starting today

That’s the one I was talking about. I wasn’t sure if there were others and I am wondering what Grayscale will do.

6 minutes ago, stbugs said:

That’s the one I was talking about. I wasn’t sure if there were others and I am wondering what Grayscale will do.

BITO is  the first US one

So the list is one.

It seems to have been a tough slog to get to this point for other hopeful crypto ETFs.

Edited by identikit

SoFi Technologies Option Alert: Dec 17 $35 Calls Sweep (17) near the Ask: 1847 @ $0.224 vs 402 OI

Someone buying up $35 SOFI calls?  I have to be misunderstanding this.  That seems insanely high.   

S0ld half my UUUU at $8.48 this morning.  Added 1/5th of that amount back at $8.15.  I expect to it fall lower.  

Been adding ACI (Albertson's) on the dip.  It's down close to 7% today.  Great earnings and guidance yesterday and the dividend was increased.

KR currently trading at $38.38.  This had been as highas $48 recently.  You won't get rich here, but it's a good defensive stock.  I'll continue to add as it falls.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

They're not allowed (yet).  

The reason BITO has been greenlighted is that the futures market, on which that ETF is based, is covered by the CFTC.  The spot market isn't.  Though I'd argue the spot market is just a future with an infinitesimally small timeline.  Somehow I don't see bureaucrats seeing it that way. 

So GBTC isn't able to convert, at least yet.  If it does (and I think it eventually will) it gains 20% overnight as that is the current discount to spot.

Edited by Sand

1 hour ago, beef said:

Someone buying up $35 SOFI calls?  I have to be misunderstanding this.  That seems insanely high.   

I hope they're right, whomever they are.  (Goes to check WSB to see if it's one of those apes doing stupid ####).

9 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Been adding ACI (Albertson's) on the dip.  It's down close to 7% today.  Great earnings and guidance yesterday and the dividend was increased.

----

In other news, my swing for the fences stuff - IONQ, MTTR, GLBE are all 🚀 today.

Edited by Sand
  • Like 1

Just now, Sand said:

They're not allowed (yet).  

The reason BITO has been greenlighted is that the futured market, on which that ETF is based, is covered by the CFTC.  The spot market isn't.  Though I'd argue the spot market is just a future with an infinitesimally small timeline.  Somehow I don't see bureaucrats seeing it that way. 

So GBTC isn't able to convert, at least yet.  If it does (and I think it eventually will) it gains 20% overnight as that is the current discount to spot.

Thanks. I’m just sitting on it as it definitely seems like they want to switch over. It would suck to give up the 20%. Only downside is they never convert.

Just now, stbugs said:

Thanks. I’m just sitting on it as it definitely seems like they want to switch over. It would suck to give up the 20%. Only downside is they never convert.

They want to switch - it's up to the SEC at this point.  I can't sell this until next year (taxes), so I'm going to hodl and see what happens.

16 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

S0ld half my UUUU at $8.48 this morning.  Added 1/5th of that amount back at $8.15.  I expect to it fall lower.  

KR currently trading at $38.38.  This had been as highas $48 recently.  You won't get rich here, but it's a good defensive stock.  I'll continue to add as it falls.

In for some ACI

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Desert_Power said:

Not sure if anyone is still holding Proterra, but the warrants need to be redeemed or sold by 5PM 10/27. I'll probably just sell.

I am.  I need to hold long term. I got in way too high and will just hold. :shrug: