What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (11 Viewers)

FLGT - Bought bought 10% of what I sold yesterday $7 cheaper.

UWMC - Limit tripped at $5.51.  I may be one of the top 10 shareholders now.  I'm officially getting worried that something shady is up here.  CEO sounds like he gets it, but may be a snake oil salesman.  @Chadstroma are you still in love with there guys?

LYB - An @Todem selection.  PE = 5, Dividend = 5%.  Bought at $91.55 replacing the shares I sold two days ago at $95.84 when I was trying to raise cash.  I'll continue to add on weakness.

ZOM - I've made some money previously trading this by acquiring on the dips.  I would not suggest following.

TLRY - It was down over 12% when I bought at $10.84.  

T - 52 week low.  I know people hate it and they are spinning off businesses.  Results last quarter were strong, we have to be near the floor.

ETHE - Always add $100 in cypto on any day I see a 5% pullback.  Just a sliver of my portfolio.

SOFI - $20.25.  Just increased my position by 5%  I'll double down every further $2 drop.

DNMR - $14.12, down about 13% at the time.  I love the clearance rack

DM - $6.76.  I've chased this down from the mid-$20s...ouch.  Lately I've done well on this stock buying the big dips.  Sold all my $6 and $7 shares around $9 10 days ago.  

BFLY - $8.40.  Cathie Wood loves it...ouch.  It's bounces around a lot, looking for a Santa rally.

KALA - $1.81.  Made some money buying this around this price point last month.
Still long on UWM. All mortgage stocks are down in similar or more. I still think Wall St is looking at UWM in the wrong light as basically just another mortgage lender, where I see it more as a tech company doing mortgages really well and the leading, largest and highest growth potential wholesale lender. The wholesale mortgage continues to grow on the strength of the broker come back with broker share roughly about 25% and climbing (about 5 years ago it was about 5% I believe) with 50% being seen as the target in the next couple of years. 

Mat Ishbia is the real deal. Visionary. Leader. Integrity. Driven. Smart. Measured. Energetic. Genuine. Caring. Spartan. Are a few of the words I think of with him. I am not going to try to act like a big deal but I have interacted with him in person one on one and in small zoom calls where I talked to him, asking questions etc. That is more about him being accessible. I know brokers who have his personal phone number. If I really wanted to, I could call and schedule an appointment with him and he would be all good for it. A couple of quick stories about him... a few years ago, I had a refi loan that didn't close on time causing a bit of an embarrassment to me. It was due to some odd software glitch. Ishbia called me to personally apologize. I didn't even make a big deal about it or complained, he caught wind of it somehow and proactively reached out (though I missed the call cause he called the physical office and the broker/owner answered then fanboyed out). Another story is when COVID hit and things went sideways real fast with mortgages, Ishbia said he would not lay off any employees... he would sell his house and live in his office before that. 

I believe in UWM and Mat Ishbia strongly. It may take Wall St a while to catch up and stop pricing it like just anothrr mortgage company though. 

caught $CRDF on the vwap bounce @ 1328 for 5.60 a share

$CRDF Announces $15M Equity Investment from Pfizer through its $PFE Breakthrough Growth Initiative. Pfizer Bought 2.4M shares at $6.22/share

$PFE Investment in cancer therapy with $CRDF

Bought some UWMC as a gamble in the premarket. Still have zero interest in them as an actual stock for the long term but the short term gamble potential is pretty enticing and my sports betting has taken a turn for the worse.

Bought some UWMC as a gamble in the premarket. Still have zero interest in them as an actual stock for the long term but the short term gamble potential is pretty enticing and my sports betting has taken a turn for the worse.

What price did you get in at what is to exit target?

If the current price holds I could very well be back in the green on this all-time.  I own an embarrassingly stupid amount of this...like more shares than I have of Playgon and Truff.

What price did you get in at what is to exit target?

If the current price holds I could very well be back in the green on this all-time.  I own an embarrassingly stupid amount of this...like more shares than I have of Playgon and Truff.
$6.63. No real exit target, gonna watch price action.

$6.63. No real exit target, gonna watch price action.

Can company buybacks happen in the pre-market?

I will need to lighten my position today.  Mat will have some very pissed off people gunning to take this stock down.  You don't screw with the Big Banks.  I see a lot of talk about a short squeeze, but I don't see any catalyst and suspect the big boys will just wait it out.

Hopefully Mat tweets a piece of poo today to entice guys like Dodds to jump in.

Happy to see UWMC fight back to make me look stupid for all my negative talk about them this past week.   Glad that could motivate them to perform.  :thumbup:    Still got about 10% to go to break even.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not sure, and I don’t think this will happen all in one day. I’m strictly gambling here on momentum, no more thought put into it than that. 

3% of the float has changed hands pre-market.

Speaking of which...who the heck is trading all these stocks?  With most stocks tied up in index funds and held by your grandparents the daily volumes of many of these companies is surprising.  Are their automated day-trading programs just swapping stock back and forth?

Less pre-market volume than Playgon.  I was just shocked to see nothing today with COVID splashed all over the front page of CNBC.
I don’t recall them being a big volume AHs type of company. They really aren’t well known at all outside of Motley Fool. You might find some stuff on other services but still a relative unknown and small company.

Trimming both TTD and PUBM at 40-45%+.  Will lets the remaining shares go for a long ride. 

Thanks @McBokonon for pointing these two out as buys when you did.  @stbugs too, I know this was a bigger holding for you that you often talked about.  :thumbup:

Trimming both TTD and PUBM at 40-45%+.  Will lets the remaining shares go for a long ride. 

Thanks @McBokonon for pointing these two out as buys when you did.  :thumbup:
@McBokonon on TTD? You ungrateful SOB! I posted in about them back when I bought it at $17 (split adjusted) and many, many times after that. TTD is my boy, 2nd largest holding. If I had held on to all the shares I bought (was a newbie with little diversification), I’d have a #### ton. 🤦‍♂️ If only I knew how much of a winner it would be.

PUBM has been a nice 50% but I’m holding that for a while.

Anybody buying anything exciting today?
I’m kind of sitting on my hands. I bought a couple small portions a couple weeks ago and it hasn’t been good so far and I feel like people might be running to safety, the bigger more well known names. I’ve got some things I want to add but I’m just waiting a little.

What's the latest on the Uranium Dolomite Project, @General Malaise?

I'm hanging tough...
Spot price is $47 and the Spott Physical Trust is now trading at a discount to NAV.  Guessing some profit taking in these names.  I'm sticking with UUUU but I might puke out URG now that I'm slipping deeper into the red on it.  Never had faith in URG, but UUUU is legit.  

Cameco (world's leading producer of Uranium) was upgraded today by BMO.  Price target raised to $32.  

Spot price is $47 and the Spott Physical Trust is now trading at a discount to NAV.  Guessing some profit taking in these names.  I'm sticking with UUUU but I might puke out URG now that I'm slipping deeper into the red on it.  Never had faith in URG, but UUUU is legit.  

Cameco (world's leading producer of Uranium) was upgraded today by BMO.  Price target raised to $32.  

Thanks gb

I eked out a Costco hot dog meal gain out of URG before dumping it

Solely UUUU now

Will look @ Cameco

I bought 500 shares of MJ at the suggestion of my brother. Also bought four February TLT $144 puts for $3.40. Will buy more if the price dips. Wasn't sure if January was far enough out so I burned some cash on premium to get to February.
The price on TLT rose 1% today so I bought another tranche of these puts. I'm pretty heavily hedged, between GLD, SLV, TLT puts, cash and some Ethereum. When is the financial apocalypse scheduled?

The price on TLT rose 1% today so I bought another tranche of these puts. I'm pretty heavily hedged, between GLD, SLV, TLT puts, cash and some Ethereum. When is the financial apocalypse scheduled?

This is one of those words that should mean something other than what it actually does. Something like:

"I picked up this tranche from the bar last night."

CRSP has really taken a beating.  I have this in my portfolio and I'm certainly underwater right now but its a minimal amount overall.

Am thinking this may be a good one to average down on,  just a matter of timing.

Anyone else?

CRSP has really taken a beating.  I have this in my portfolio and I'm certainly underwater right now but its a minimal amount overall.

Am thinking this may be a good one to average down on,  just a matter of timing.

Anyone else?

I'm way down on this too, but I'm waiting for some evidence that the drop in price is over before considering buying more.  If they eventually have anything that works and it gets approved I'll be OK at the price I have so no rush to add more right now, at least for me.

Users who are viewing this thread