What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (16 Viewers)

So, I have a large sum of cash from some recent real estate transactions that are just sitting there . . . I was about to engage a financial advisor/planner with a large firm to invest on my behalf for retirement, mutual funds etc. (while setting some funds aside for single stocks on my own).    Would you hold off on that until 2Q?

VOO is a S&P 500 index fund.  Low cost, no long term risk unless there's a nuclear war or something.  I would chop your cash into 1/4's and buy every three months.

JMHO FWIW

GLGB

Banking sector seems to have hit it's correction.  Of the 9 companies that make up BNKU, they're all 8% or more below their 52 week highs.  MS, GS are 11% off, C is 20% down. 

Added more BNKU at 53.50 

Banking sector seems to have hit it's correction.  Of the 9 companies that make up BNKU, they're all 8% or more below their 52 week highs.  MS, GS are 11% off, C is 20% down. 

Added more BNKU at 53.50 
So banking and vaccine makers are correcting because of the fear of interest rate hikes and a new variant. Makes sense.

When do they announce that?  

Full disclose, I work there and have options that are still under water and curious when/if they will be worth anything. 

Not sure when it will be but they will announce it prior to making the shares available. 

Hope you make a fortune GB! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
$BBW saw a large revenue increase, increased their profit margin, and declared a special dividend this morning. I guess this makes sense with more guys working from home with constant access to internet that their employer isn’t tracking. It’s also refreshing to see that more dollars are going towards real body types, instead of unrealistically skinny models that…

Wait, I’m being told $BBW is Build a Bear Workshop. Never mind.

FLGT tanking big today.  I guess Covid went away last night.  

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries. Guess not.  100,000 cases in the US yesterday.

Just acquired the rest of the shares I sold at $100.  Will dollar cost down from here as needed.  Currently 7% of my portfolio.  Willing to go to 15%
LA County Sherriff said he's going to stop using Fulgent tests because of "China" ties. Fulgent has invested in a Chinese firm (this was actually another reason to buy them, in my opinion) but he claims the FBI warned him in a secret meeting they may share DNA with China or something. Fulgent has, of course, denied this and I have no reason to believe the Sherriff's fever dreams (he also didn't want to enforce vaccine mandates) over Fulgent. Not wanting to enforce the mandate isn't enough for me to label him a total kook but it's a glimpse into where/how he may potentially gain and interpret information. 

LA County Sherriff said he's going to stop using Fulgent tests because of "China" ties. Fulgent has invested in a Chinese firm (this was actually another reason to buy them, in my opinion) but he claims the FBI warned him in a secret meeting they may share DNA with China or something. Fulgent has, of course, denied this and I have no reason to believe the Sherriff's fever dreams (he also didn't want to enforce vaccine mandates) over Fulgent. Not wanting to enforce the mandate isn't enough for me to label him a total kook but it's a glimpse into where/how he may potentially gain and interpret information. 
We truly live in a stupid timeline :lol:  

Not that I'm really wanting more exposure to stocks the market is overcorrelating with COVID, but DOCU and CRWD both looking really beat up ahead of earnings

Not that I'm really wanting more exposure to stocks the market is overcorrelating with COVID, but DOCU and CRWD both looking really beat up ahead of earnings
ZS had great earnings was up 5-7% all night and morning and is now down. I’m having a very underwhelming day except Amazon and my 401ks that basically track the market. 

Buying more BROS now that is down in the $48 range and getting hammered today.
This was the pullback I predicted and why I advised selling last month after it passed all the upside targets in GMs reports. I just took a small position with a target of $70 in the next 15 months. Hope to add more at even a better price

McBokonon said:

I feel like we survived the swamping of the SS Minnow but instead of one Gilligan there's a whole squadron of them.  We're never getting off this island. 

I'm holding.  Stock market may crash, but if I go 30% cash the tax hit would be huge.  I'd rather just wait for the rebound.  I don't need the money for another 20 years anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread