What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (16 Viewers)

I'm in for NVDA at around $289, seems like a good buying opp
I may nibble but likely waiting for a little more drop. Still hurts knowing I almost pulled the trigger at $190…before the split. 🤦‍♂️ One of many during the big drop last year.

I did add more DOCN but not new cash. Sold my BL. I liked that stock and made some money but not as good long term growth and I already owned some DOCN I bought a while back lower than now. Been consolidating into my favorites rather than spending new cash. Still feel like there could be a little more down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought 5, $20.00, 1/21/22 SPXS calls at $0.99 each for some protection. 

I trust  @Todemintiution that there's another big sell off coming.  Adding another 5, 1/21/22 SPXS $18 calls at $1.03

ETA

I thought I could still buy these after hours but can't.   On hold for now, will re-visit tomorrow morning.

Are we still confident in SE, I bought at 279 thinking we were near the bottom 👀🤕
I was reading about the options action from Whales on SE and its really split with strike price ranges from $140 to $370.   That's meme stock options craziness.  

Seems like it’s going to be another soul sucking day. Still sitting on around 15% cash in the brokerage/IRA accounts. Rebalancing but no new buys. That may change soon but just sitting on the sidelines for now.

SE down 35% in a month would usually get my attention to buy some for a short term play, but since SE rose 65+% over a 6 month span I'm not sure the pain is over yet.  Especially since, as pointed out, it's still up on the year and over 20% above it's 52 week low.  Taking a step back and looking at it as a long, SE at 220 doesn't look so bad.  

SE down 35% in a month would usually get my attention to buy some for a short term play, but since SE rose 65+% over a 6 month span I'm not sure the pain is over yet.  Especially since, as pointed out, it's still up on the year and over 20% above it's 52 week low.  Taking a step back, SE at 220 doesn't look so bad.  
Yep. Zooming out helps.

I understand a lot of people just started buying growth stocks (or stocks in general) in 2021 and if you did, you’re getting hammered. And this might be the first time you’ve gone through this and it’s terrifying and depressing. It DOES get easier. Not easy, but easier. 

Yep. Zooming out helps.

I understand a lot of people just started buying growth stocks (or stocks in general) in 2021 and if you did, you’re getting hammered. And this might be the first time you’ve gone through this and it’s terrifying and depressing. It DOES get easier. Not easy, but easier. 
Yep, always sucks but they will bounce back. I had an inkling I should have trimmed a bit more. Glad I did and made a nice pile of cash to jump in, but definitely could have made a bigger pile. 

SE down 35% in a month would usually get my attention to buy some for a short term play, but since SE rose 65+% over a 6 month span I'm not sure the pain is over yet.  Especially since, as pointed out, it's still up on the year and over 20% above it's 52 week low.  Taking a step back and looking at it as a long, SE at 220 doesn't look so bad.  

Maybe I'm stupid, but one thing I look at is the number of short shares.  Despite this slide, the number has gone up.  I think SE slides a bit more.  It's still up a lot over the past two years and has yet to be profitable (nor is it expected to for a while).  Not to mention, it's crown jewel (Garena) is losing growth as well.

Damn, retail investors are truly going to be multi-billion dollar bag holders. From Yahoo Finance:

GameStop (ticker: GME) and AMC Entertainment Holdings (AMC) were rebounding early on Tuesday, as volume soared. Shares of movie-theater chain AMC Entertainment were up 2%, after slumping 15% Monday, while videogame retailer GameStop rose more than 5% following Monday’s 14% drop. There appears to be momentum among retail investors to buy the dip. Fidelity publishes a list of the most popular stocks being traded by self-directed investors on its platform, and AMC and GameStop were ranked third and sixth respectively on Tuesday.

So the AMC CFO and CEO dump all their vested shares and guess who’s doubling down on their holdings. It reminds me of hot mutual funds like ARKK. Even though the historical returns can look great, most people have actually lost money because 90% of the holdings piled in after the great run in 2021.

As others have told me, it’s a new world, so I don’t feel bad at all.

More like Satan rally, amiright? 
What sucks is that off course I’m already done with my 401k contributions so Inwont even have another contribution until 1/15. At least my wife will get one in a couple weeks. Definitely looking forward to January since my company is weird on matching. They basically do 50% match up to a limit so you get the entire matching in the first few months. That’s why I ratchet up the % so I know I max out. My wife’s is the opposite so you need to make sure you don’t max out early, kind of a PIA.

What sucks is that off course I’m already done with my 401k contributions so Inwont even have another contribution until 1/15. At least my wife will get one in a couple weeks. Definitely looking forward to January since my company is weird on matching. They basically do 50% match up to a limit so you get the entire matching in the first few months. That’s why I ratchet up the % so I know I max out. My wife’s is the opposite so you need to make sure you don’t max out early, kind of a PIA.
We changed to a really annoying system here where they only match once a year at the end of the year (if you are still employed on 12/15). Even worse, it is in company stock that is still up ~65% YTD so very little pricing help this year.

We changed to a really annoying system here where they only match once a year at the end of the year (if you are still employed on 12/15). Even worse, it is in company stock that is still up ~65% YTD so very little pricing help this year.
That does suck although 65% up isn’t bad for the stuff you already had.

I know if I ever retire from my current job, I’d do it in April. The 401k match, quarterly bonus and FSA (use it all). Not sure if people know but I happened to read about FSAs and if you were to use it before you’ve contributed, you aren’t on the hook, the company is. Nice little bene. It’s not huge, but it would be a nice set of thousands to send me off!

It's not like 401k contributions are even a great discount right now.  Most 401k's go straight into index funds or boring mutual funds, which mostly aren't even down that much because of the tank that is AAPL.

Got rid of my PLTR and bought more DOCN (growing as well but cheaper multiples). At least save on taxes as well. I’d rather consolidate when stocks are up but I guess it’s not bad buying something I believe will be better long term and is down 10% with a stock that’s actually up due to meme stuff being up.

Got rid of my PLTR and bought more DOCN (growing as well but cheaper multiples). At least save on taxes as well. I’d rather consolidate when stocks are up but I guess it’s not bad buying something I believe will be better long term and is down 10% with a stock that’s actually up due to meme stuff being up.
Added to DOCN, too. Bought a little more $SHOP, $CVS, $KNSL, $MQ, and $MELI. Guess I’ll wait for tomorrow’s FOMC to do more but so far, I like the small purchases I’ve been making. 

Added to DOCN, too. Bought a little more $SHOP, $CVS, $KNSL, $MQ, and $MELI. Guess I’ll wait for tomorrow’s FOMC to do more but so far, I like the small purchases I’ve been making. 
I do too, haven’t used cash just swapping from one stock to one I like more. I do need some more MELI, but good on KNSL and SHOP. What do you like about MQ? I’ve followed for a while but haven’t bought. 

I do too, haven’t used cash just swapping from one stock to one I like more. I do need some more MELI, but good on KNSL and SHOP. What do you like about MQ? I’ve followed for a while but haven’t bought. 
Mostly I like that it’s in the fast-growing payment space but is behind the scenes rather than one of the billion apps competing with one another. Similar to $UPST in that it has a massive concentration risk (Square/Block) but it’s moving in the right direction.

Good or bad for Apple?  I ordered a computer November 29 that was supposed to be here today...

As a side note I wanted the keyboard with the numeric keypad.  The local Apple store had the computer and the keyboard, but not in the same box.  Rather than resolving that locally they thought it made more sense to ship the pair from China.

12/13/2021
9:49 P.M.On the Way
Arrived at Facility
Anchorage, AK, United States

12/13/2021
11:54 P.M.Cleared Import Customs
Your package has cleared customs and is on the way.

12/14/2021
9:30 A.M.Departed from Facility
Incheon, Korea, Republic of

12/14/2021
8:22 A.M.Departed from Facility

12/14/2021
4:36 A.M.Arrived at Facility

12/14/2021
3:00 A.M.Departed from Facility
Shanghai, China

12/12/2021
1:11 A.M.Your package is in transit. We're updating plans to schedule your delivery. / The package will be forwarded to a UPS facility in the destination city.
Shanghai, China

12/12/2021
12:33 A.M.Your package is in transit. We're updating plans to schedule your delivery.
Shanghai, China

12/10/2021
3:25 P.M.Arrived at Facility
Shanghai, China

12/10/2021
3:10 P.M.Departed from Facility
Shanghai, China

12/10/2021
1:16 A.M.The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.

12/10/2021
1:32 P.M.Origin Scan
Shanghai, China

12/10/2021
11:09 A.M.Label Created
Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.
China

Good or bad for Apple?  I ordered a computer November 29 that was supposed to be here today...

As a side note I wanted the keyboard with the numeric keypad.  The local Apple store had the computer and the keyboard, but not in the same box.  Rather than resolving that locally they thought it made more sense to ship the pair from China.

All I know if you're getting your stuff from China faster than I'm getting mine from Georgia.  The state, not the country.  :P

Looking at June 17 2022, $26 in the money puts.  Big premium at $10.60 a contract. AMC, currently at $24.50, would need to fall to $15.40 per share to break even.  I think that's extremely likely to be below $10 per share by then.  

New Spider-Man movie and short covering is probably why it reversed course today.  If we get another bump higher tomorrow, will make a move. 

FWIW

• Thinking
Reactions: KGB
Looking at June 17 2022, $26 in the money puts.  Big premium at $10.60 a contract. AMC, currently at $24.50, would need to fall to $15.40 per share to break even.  I think that's extremely likely to be below $10 per share by then.  

New Spider-Man movie and short covering is probably why it reversed course today.  If we get another bump higher tomorrow, will make a move. 

FWIW
Thinking different about this. Would need to fall to $5 to double my money. That's not smart. 

• Love
Reactions: KGB
Energy Fuels Announces Strategic Venture with Nanoscale Powders to Develop Innovative Rare Earth Metal-Making Technology - Nanoscale's patented rare earth metal-making technology has potential to revolutionize rare earth metal making by reducing costs, significantly reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and reducing energy use.  Upon the successful completion of the Project and the $10 million investment, Energy Fuels will control the exclusive rights to the entity and the Technology as it relates to REE Metal making. 

Energy Fuels Announces Strategic Venture with Nanoscale Powders to Develop Innovative Rare Earth Metal-Making Technology - Nanoscale's patented rare earth metal-making technology has potential to revolutionize rare earth metal making by reducing costs, significantly reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and reducing energy use.  Upon the successful completion of the Project and the $10 million investment, Energy Fuels will control the exclusive rights to the entity and the Technology as it relates to REE Metal making. 
Interesting that its down today, I imagine you see this as a good entry point

I think the short and mid term might be a roller coaster ride for the markets—but I think the fed stuff is being overblown. Looking at things in a long term/macro view—- even with tapering and rising rates—I don’t see how the taper and increasing our rates from effectively 0 percent to maybe 2.5-3% in the next 2-3 years will remotely offset the massive amount of liquidity the government pumped into the markets and circulation over the past few years. I see a moderate to high inflationary environment for a while—and we’ll be living in a world where everything is expensive—food, rent, cost of living, labor, energy, real estate—and equities.   I’m personally hoping for a moderate correction as I like the idea of adding to my equities in this type of environment.  

Interesting that its down today, I imagine you see this as a good entry point
Uranium has cooled a bit overall, so that's hampering this one a little.  It's also up 73% YTD, so I imagine some profit taking heading into the year-end.  

I'm not trading this one, though. Buy and hold for me.  I think uranium spot price will retest $40 and stay there until 2022 Q1, so this stock might not do much in the interim, but again, this is one I've got in my son's portfolio as well as mine and have no designs of coming in and out of it. 

I felt there was a strong chance the market would like the FOMC statement, but didn't put more chips on this AM

Users who are viewing this thread