What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (24 Viewers)

I second this.  I love this thread for this reason.  

This is a good problem to have, but I'm not sure when to buy more? 
Next two catalysts:

1) Last two parts of their BLA submission which could happen in December but more likely Jan. One part is the dose which they are awaiting guidance from the FDA.  On the conf call earlier this week, the CEO said it would likely be the 700mg dose.  The other is the manufacturing which they've already licensed to Samsung.

2) Data from the patients with triple negative metastatic breast cancer.  I believe there are 3 patients who have been approved to use the drug on a compassionate basis by the FDA.  The first patient's data was spectacular--after 8 weeks, all of the circulating tumor cells were removed from her blood and the tumor shrunk.  Her oncologists were astounded.  If the other patients have similar results, it will undoubtedly be positive.  

Here's the press release from earlier this month with the 8-week results for the patient with metastatic triple negative breast cancer (mTNBC).  Of note, 10-20% of breast cancers are mTNBC and there is no approved treatment at the moment.    

Last edited by a moderator:
Just dipping my toes until I'm more confident....

I sold 20 puts of AUPH @ $5 strike / expires Dec 20th.

Paid me a $2400 premium.

Stock promptly shot up to $15 a share. Thinking I'm good here.
Noob question.

This option is about to expire. Obviously didn't hit the strike. (now about $20 a share)

Do I need to do anything else to finalize this .... or does it just expire and I keep the premium?

You don't need to do anything procedurally. It will just expire. The only reason to close now would be to protect yourself from some calamity in the next 24 hours. But you're so far away, that seems unnecessary. There's not even a bid on anything under $16. 

Noob question.

This option is about to expire. Obviously didn't hit the strike. (now about $20 a share)

Do I need to do anything else to finalize this .... or does it just expire and I keep the premium?
You don't need to do anything. The option will expire worthless. You could buy it back to close the position early (probably for pennies) but you don't have to.

To get off the CYDY train of thought here.

Just wanted to pop in and say that today is my favorite stock market day of the year.  Today is dividend bonanza day - so many end of year dividends (Ishares ETFs), special dividends, etc. all seem to come around today.  Nice big cash spike.  Monday caps it off with the special dividends from PCI and PDI, which I own way too much of.

I placed orders this weekend to add another 150 shares, planning to sell two covered calls for January, and to also sell ten puts like you did. None of them hit as the news broke early. But I'm not going to cry about missing the bigger boat. Hit for $3500 in just a couple of weeks on your call. Between the recommendations of Bossman and chet, this is going to be a great Christmas.

I think I'll sell 100 shares to get to break-even and ride ITCI like I am CYDY. You can close out those puts today, if you like.

Congrats P. 

Looks like I got "lucky" again.  :whistle:

#freemoney #winning #merrychristmas
You are the man. Pushing into the 40s now. I did not think I would get another return like CYDY in years let alone within a week. This one is doing even better, up over 200%. Thanks again.

I actually got in on the ITCI with 10 puts sold last week at the 6 strike.  IV was crazy. Didn't buy shares though, just the nice premium collected.  Thanks for bringing up this and the CYDY chatter last week. 

Has anyone used Schwab's Intelligent Portfolio or a similar service? It's automated investing aka a robo-advisor. You need a $5,000 minimum balance but there are no unnecessary fees.

I actually got in on the ITCI with 10 puts sold last week at the 6 strike.  IV was crazy. Didn't buy shares though, just the nice premium collected.  Thanks for bringing up this and the CYDY chatter last week. 
Agreed.  Thanks FBG’s, 2 buys (CYDY & ITCI) and 2 big winners.  This stock thing is easy.  Lol. 😉

Anyone dipping their toe in Amazon at this time? As it’s leveled out some this year and before it reports earnings for the holiday season was debating adding a few more. 

Users who are viewing this thread