What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (24 Viewers)

What means this? That is, how does it affect me and the stock price?

CytoDyn holders file for equity offering

Jan. 31, 2020 7:01 PM ET|About: CytoDyn Inc. (CYDY)|By: Jason Aycock, SA News Editor 

CytoDyn (OTCQB:CYDY) holders have filed to offer up to 16.03M shares, including shares underlying warrants and preferred stock.

The shares include 6.41M shares underlying shares of preferred stock issued to the selling stockholders; just over 8M shares underlying warrants to purchase common stock; and 1.62M shares issued in connection with financial advisory fees.

The company won't receive any proceeds from the sale of shares.

The list of selling stockholders include Thomas Mollick (holder of a 1.4% stake), and Cool Blue Capital (1.1% stake).

Grateful for the $10k I've made on CYDY in a very short span; wishing I'd have gotten in earlier and heavier!  

cosjobs said:
What means this? That is, how does it affect me and the stock price?

CytoDyn holders file for equity offering

Jan. 31, 2020 7:01 PM ET|About: CytoDyn Inc. (CYDY)|By: Jason Aycock, SA News Editor 

CytoDyn (OTCQB:CYDY) holders have filed to offer up to 16.03M shares, including shares underlying warrants and preferred stock.

The shares include 6.41M shares underlying shares of preferred stock issued to the selling stockholders; just over 8M shares underlying warrants to purchase common stock; and 1.62M shares issued in connection with financial advisory fees.

The company won't receive any proceeds from the sale of shares.

The list of selling stockholders include Thomas Mollick (holder of a 1.4% stake), and Cool Blue Capital (1.1% stake).
I read it as Chet got his deal to buy shares from existing shareholders.

i dont think it will impact the price but not a bad thing to have a new investor soak up these shares

I read it as Chet got his deal to buy shares from existing shareholders.

i dont think it will impact the price but not a bad thing to have a new investor soak up these shares
Agree.  I’m no expert but I read it as being non dilutive to current shareholders.  Part of the already authorized 700M shares and not creating new shares.  Now there will be new shares able to trade and as djmich says could be an avenue for  private buy/sell not on the open market.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chet says that there is still money to be made. Most on this board, I think, are holding and/or accumulating.
I tend to think about market cap versus stock price when looking out to future for CYDY. Current market cap around $640M

potential sales for HIV have been thrown around in this thread at $5-8B.  Pharmaceutical companies trade at X times sales, say 5 times.  Low end just based on HIV is $25B market cap which is about 40 times where we are now.

now layer on the cancer and other potential markets and I see CYDY as still worth buying.

(don’t hold me to the numbers above, more to paint a picture based on past posts by others)

Wow-weeee Tesla 
Getting ridiculous. They beat their revenue number by 4% (missed revenue number the past 3 quarters) and earnings by 17%. Stock is up 50% since Wednesday. Serious short squeeze. Candy land price target of $7000 is creating some serious frothiness.

Getting ridiculous. They beat their revenue number by 4% (missed revenue number the past 3 quarters) and earnings by 17%. Stock is up 50% since Wednesday. Serious short squeeze. Candy land price target of $7000 is creating some serious frothiness.
I bought a handful last week and sure wasn’t expecting this. Good lord. 

So I called Vanguard and they put in a limit order for me for CYDY so take cover fellas. It hasn’t filled yet, going forward they say I should be able to make OTC trades without the hassle FYI for Vanguard guys. 

This is a window jump event for Tesla shorts.  
Yep - I'll admit to not understanding either the chutes or ladders of this thing over the last number of years.  The move over the last month is mind boggling.  

Maybe I'm just not smart enough to catch on to stuff like this.  :shrug:   But, at the least, I'm smart enough not to short 1M worth of it...

So I called Vanguard and they put in a limit order for me for CYDY so take cover fellas. It hasn’t filled yet, going forward they say I should be able to make OTC trades without the hassle FYI for Vanguard guys. 
FYI this could cost you $50 in commission. That’s my experience with Vanguard when they place an order for you. 

Ron Baron on CNBC this morning.  This guy has not sipped from the Kool Aid bowl, he's doing kegstands from the TSLA bowl.  Interesting to listen to someone just so bullish on the stock.  I've always liked TSLA and big Musk fan, but this thing is getting a bit out of hand :unsure:

Ron Baron on CNBC this morning.  This guy has not sipped from the Kool Aid bowl, he's doing kegstands from the TSLA bowl.  Interesting to listen to someone just so bullish on the stock.  I've always liked TSLA and big Musk fan, but this thing is getting a bit out of hand :unsure:
Go see what June 1000 puts cost. Then tell me how freaking ridiculous this stock price has gotten.

Incredibly stupid. 

At some point I may buy some puts.....but right now, no way will I get in the way of this runaway freight train. 

17.5% short interest still out there. Let’s see where it is after another 15% up day.

Kramer doing his bandwagon BS as usual. Pimping it lol. He is a fraud.

#### Show lol. 

Good idea, thanks 🤝
House money......but I will add to it....put a trailing 20% stop loss on the rest good till cancelled. 

If the stock goes up another 20% from here...move the stop price up.

This ride will end at some point.....and it will be a massive drop when it does. 

House money......but I will add to it....put a trailing 20% stop loss on the rest good till cancelled. 

If the stock goes up another 20% from here...move the stop price up.

This ride will end at some point.....and it will be a massive drop when it does. 
Good stuff. I put a stop on it at 900 an hour ago and will adjust as it moves. Locks in nice profits no matter what. 

I can't remember where I saw the comparison, but it was along the lines of "Volkswagen sold 10 million cars last year and has a market cap of $90 billion. Telsa has a market cap of $150 billion and sold 370,000 cars."

I am sure it makes sense to someone, but that someone isn't me.
That’s not as much the problem. It’s fine to give some potential growth. It’s just the quarterly results beat revenue expectations by 4% and the stock goes up almost 10% the next day. Okay, not bad. It has then gone up almost 50% the next two days. That’s a disconnect with financials. That’s a short squeeze like no other. It’ll pop at some point.

I’ll put it in perspective of Amazon which is a high growth stock. Both just reported earnings. Amazon’s stock is now a little more than double Tesla’s but Amazon’s revenue and EPS are both about 12 times what Tesla’s best quarter ever was. Doesn’t mean Tesla won’t get there but the stock has quadrupled in about 3-4 months. Their sales and earnings haven’t gone up that much. The quarterly revenue from Q4 2019 is only 2% more than what they had in Q4 2018. Amazon’s year over year revenue increase was 20%.

I’m not going to short Tesla, but I wouldn’t invest now. You may not get a dip, but it’s more likely to float sideways for a while because it advanced so much on sentiment and short covering than real financials.

That’s not as much the problem. It’s fine to give some potential growth. It’s just the quarterly results beat revenue expectations by 4% and the stock goes up almost 10% the next day. Okay, not bad. It has then gone up almost 50% the next two days. That’s a disconnect with financials. That’s a short squeeze like no other. It’ll pop at some point.

I’ll put it in perspective of Amazon which is a high growth stock. Both just reported earnings. Amazon’s stock is now a little more than double Tesla’s but Amazon’s revenue and EPS are both about 12 times what Tesla’s best quarter ever was. Doesn’t mean Tesla won’t get there but the stock has quadrupled in about 3-4 months. Their sales and earnings haven’t gone up that much. The quarterly revenue from Q4 2019 is only 2% more than what they had in Q4 2018. Amazon’s year over year revenue increase was 20%.

I’m not going to short Tesla, but I wouldn’t invest now. You may not get a dip, but it’s more likely to float sideways for a while because it advanced so much on sentiment and short covering than real financials.
Exactly. The Bull Case based on fundamentals by my estimates are $400 a share. And that is everything going perfect.

This stock price right now is absurd. The mother of all short squeezes and an insane cult euphoric mentality are driving this historic run. 

I have two clients in the stock....just two. And we have 20% trailing stops that were put in today. If they are out soon...so be it. The gains are at 282% right now. 

You take those on a stock like this. And then if you want.....buy it back again when it comes back to earth in the future. 

Or sell your original investment and ride the train on house money. 

My clients want all the profits they can squeeze out this puppy. It was a pure speculation play to begin with. I never was a big supporter of the company based on fundamentals and an owner who...let's just say is a mad genius. I mean the guy has done some amazing things and Tesla is a disrupter. But at this price? Come on.  You gotta know when to take the money and run. 

Tesla is not being speculated as a car company. they are being run up on the hopes and dreams of a tech company that has cornered the market. 

Big auto, unions, Big Oil and governments (China anyone?) are simply not going to allow that to come to fruition in the near or intermediate future. It is very vogue to be all about sustainable investing etc. Oil and gas powered cars are not going anywhere anytime soon. And the big auto companies are going to get all their EV's on the market soon as well. Tesla is not the only game in town. Right now they are the best game in town. But competition is coming and coming in the next 5-10 years big time.

And don't get me started on automated vehicles.  Another massive over speculated area of Tesla. 

Anyway. We will check back and see if it crashes down like expected or we are wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread