Top Posters In This Topic

• fantasycurse42

• BassNBrew

• stbugs

• St. Louis Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First reference.  Brings a tear to my eye. $CYDY #notselling

I cashed out an underperforming account at ETrade about a year ago and the cash (about $950) just sat there as I had dulled on trading.  My cousin's wife Laura, who I was really close to, then di

"I know, dear, but I'm trusting Chet on this one. Yes, Chet. From the internet. "

2 hours ago, [icon] said:

JP Morgan forecasting at 5.3% YOY contraction in Chinese Q1 GDP

Chinese food prices up 20% Jan 2020 YOY due in part to African Swine Flu 

At what point does this spill into our economy/markets? Seems wild that we're still steaming. 

Good question.  Xi must be ####ting bricks over those kind of numbers.  It will spill over, but the markets are forward looking, so may look past this.  We'll see.

My TMF allocation is looking golden for the next bit, at least.

Agree with Culdeus, market basically priced a Trump win in (or Bloomberg, market wouldn’t care between either of them) - the notion of Sanders not even a thought to the market at these prices (kind of agree and don’t think he has a real shot).

Bought more CYDY at .87 today. I’m done buying for now, good luck to us!

Thinking about adding to my gold hoard too.

I read through some of these comments and truly hope nobody has more than 5% (really 1-2% tops to be direct) of their wealth invested in CYDY... I’ve learned my lesson not following these rules.

This is the definition of speculation, don’t imagine Lambos while buying this, imagine how you’ll feel if this goes to zero, which is absolutely within the realm of possibilities.

42 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I read through some of these comments and truly hope nobody has more than 5% (really 1-2% tops to be direct) of their wealth invested in CYDY... I’ve learned my lesson not following these rules.

This is the definition of speculation, don’t imagine Lambos while buying this, imagine how you’ll feel if this goes to zero, which is absolutely within the realm of possibilities.

Currently an RCH over 1% 😢

45 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

It’s about 50% of my investment portfolio (non 401 and 529).  But I’m just dipping my toes in, it’s a small portfolio and it all money I’m prepared to lose.  

3 hours ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I’m at about 2% so, ya, it’s all good. Now once it runs up, CYDY could represent more like 10% of my net worth which I could live with. 

• Thinking 1

I have about a quarter of my portfolio sitting on the sidelines in cash. I was planning to dump it across the three fund portfolio, but given the coronavirus and half of China shutting down, I am thinking about waiting a bit. That manufacturing and Chinese economy hit is going to to trickle through the world economy soon enough; no?  Won’t that cause markets to take a major hit if the virus situation remains the same or gets worse during the next few months?  I know you’re not supposed to try and time the market, but it sure seems like conditions are ripe for a small correction. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Otis said:

I have about a quarter of my portfolio sitting on the sidelines in cash. I was planning to dump it across the three fund portfolio, but given the coronavirus and half of China shutting down, I am thinking about waiting a bit. That manufacturing and Chinese economy hit is going to to trickle through the world economy soon enough; no?  Won’t that cause markets to take a major hit if the virus situation remains the same or gets worse during the next few months?  I know you’re not supposed to try and time the market, but it sure seems like conditions are ripe for a small correction. 

I'm really worried they will start dumping bonds and all my bond funds just get slaughtered.  That's not a huge portion of the portfolio, but I feel exposed on both equity and bonds with this ####.  

1 hour ago, culdeus said:

I'm really worried they will start dumping bonds and all my bond funds just get slaughtered.  That's not a huge portion of the portfolio, but I feel exposed on both equity and bonds with this ####.  

I feel like the only real risk with bonds is oversupply, and we aren't there... yet.

Rates need to stay low and the Fed has your back. If rates go up, defaults and systemic risk become a serious issue. 

14 hours ago, [icon] said:

Currently an RCH over 1% 😢

14 hours ago, dkp993 said:

It’s about 50% of my investment portfolio (non 401 and 529).  But I’m just dipping my toes in, it’s a small portfolio and it all money I’m prepared to lose.  

11 hours ago, pecorino said:

I’m at about 2% so, ya, it’s all good. Now once it runs up, CYDY could represent more like 10% of my net worth which I could live with. 

I can only hope this races to 10% of my worth too :hifive:

I'm just saying, I'm seeing comments like "all-in" and "125k shares" etc etc... Just trying to put some perspective out there. I'm hoping for Lambo too, but it's purely speculative and nobody should be invested more than they're prepared to lose on this one. 

Loving my AMZN. Just hope it keeps it up through next quarter. Definitely wouldn’t mind selling a chunk at this price but taxes on short term gains suck. Waiting until May and June is going to be tough but seems like it’s positive for now.

2 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

Can someone write another article for the shorts?  I missed getting in yesterday. 

I’ve only got 5k shares and throwing on some more yesterday was very tempting. I’m still around 10% cash looking at my total portfolio (IRA/401ks and taxable), which might not be bad. Just frustrating knowing I bought in on a bunch of things in October and that cash position could be way freaking up had I pushed all in on stocks I was watching. Almost everything I was watching is up 30-50% and some more than that.

40 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I can only hope this races to 10% of my worth too :hifive:

I'm just saying, I'm seeing comments like "all-in" and "125k shares" etc etc... Just trying to put some perspective out there. I'm hoping for Lambo too, but it's purely speculative and nobody should be invested more than they're prepared to lose on this one. 

Yeah, I would have doubled my position yesterday but even then it’s still less than 1% so it’s not changing my life. If I had invested at 0.3, it’d be a bigger slice but it’d be way up. Oh well, double digits and it’s a nice ride!

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I’ve only got 5k shares and throwing on some more yesterday was very tempting. I’m still around 10% cash looking at my total portfolio (IRA/401ks and taxable), which might not be bad. Just frustrating knowing I bought in on a bunch of things in October and that cash position could be way freaking up had I pushed all in on stocks I was watching. Almost everything I was watching is up 30-50% and some more than that.

If this goes the way we all are hoping I’m betting we are all going to be looking back feeling this way.  

16 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

If this goes the way we all are hoping I’m betting we are all going to be looking back feeling this way.  

Oh yeah, I don’t think I was ever throwing in $100k or anything like that on CYDY. Just mad that almost every stock I watch is up big time since I pushed a bunch of money off the sidelines. Just mad I didn’t push it all in.

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Oh yeah, I don’t think I was ever throwing in $100k or anything like that on CYDY. Just mad that almost every stock I watch is up big time since I pushed a bunch of money off the sidelines. Just mad I didn’t push it all in.

says every person who has ever tried to market time...ever.

25 minutes ago, Warrior said:

says every person who has ever tried to market time...ever.

So true. It was less market timing and more feeling like those stocks were at a good entry point. I was right and they were all long term holds, well until they aren’t. Just more mad that I could have gotten strep discounts. Glad I bought the ones I did but there were some obvious ones that I didn’t.

• Thanks 1

Lots of potential positive catalysts for CYDY coming up.  

1. Deal with China for Coronavirus

2. BLA filing

3. Start of basket cancer trial with 70 patients lined up

4. Result of BTD filing on breast cancer

I am impressed with how the stock rebounded after the hatchet piece and bear attack by Culper Research.  No guarantees but it feels like the risk is to the upside here.

57 minutes ago, chet said:

Lots of potential positive catalysts for CYDY coming up.  

1. Deal with China for Coronavirus

2. BLA filing

3. Start of basket cancer trial with 70 patients lined up

4. Result of BTD filing on breast cancer

I am impressed with how the stock rebounded after the hatchet piece and bear attack by Culper Research.  No guarantees but it feels like the risk is to the upside here.

...wha?

Bought some Barrick Gold today, they report before the bell tomorrow. 2nd biggest miner on the planet. They have slashed their debt from $12B to $3B since 2012 (during a not so bullish market for gold)... Now that the gold bull market is setting up nicely, they're my favorite way to play gold for years to come.  

• Thanks 2
39 minutes ago, Warrior said:

...wha?

They filed this PR last week to announce they filed a Phase 2 trial for all types of solid cancer tumors.  This is a huge opportunity for the company.  I assume that if they get results similar to breast cancer, they will file for a breakthrough designation.  

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, chet said:

They filed this PR last week to announce they filed a Phase 2 trial for all types of solid cancer tumors.  This is a huge opportunity for the company.  I assume that if they get results similar to breast cancer, they will file for a breakthrough designation.  

Thank you for the info, sir. Good stuff.

So, based on reading this thread, I’ve done some research on CYDY. To summarize my thoughts, I find the Culper report more on point than not, and that overall company raises multiple red flags. l‘ve investigated options to short the stock, but have not made this move yet.

I work in the industry, and while I’m not an expert in HIV treatments/preventions or cancer, I have more insight than most. For example I know HIV is a crowded field with big Pharma working diligently on improved options for patients with infinitely more resources that CYDY. Merck’s big cancer drug Keytruda has dozens of clinical trials ongoing, is it clear where CYDY might fit as a cancer treatment?

I realize I’m raising an unpopular perspective, but I offer my opinion to help this group make better informed investment decisions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 1
24 minutes ago, Whyatt said:

So, based on reading this thread, I’ve done some research on CYDY. To summarize my thoughts, I find the Culper report more on point than not, and that overall company raises multiple red flags. l‘ve investigated options to short the stock, but have not made this move yet.

I work in the industry, and while I’m not an expert in HIV treatments/preventions or cancer, I have more insight than most. For example I know HIV is a crowded field with big Pharma working diligently on improved options for patients with infinitely more resources that CYDY. Merck’s big cancer drug Keytruda has dozens of clinical trials ongoing, is it clear where CYDY might fit as a cancer treatment?

I realize I’m raising an unpopular perspective, but I offer my opinion to help this group make better informed investment decisions. 

OK newbie with one post.  If you're a shill for Culper, then I sincerely hope you lose all of your money--not because you're a short seller, but because you're a lying, manipulative blood sucker.  If this is someone's alias, then good on you.

If you're legitimate, then I suggest you learn much more about the science because the people in the know have forgotten more than you'll ever know.

Edited by chet
3 minutes ago, Whyatt said:

Not the warmest welcome, but I understand the skepticism. I am legitimate and signed up simply to offer my perspective. Maybe I should have started in the politics forum?

No, nobody should do that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Capella said:

No, nobody should do that. 

I thought we had an initiation process of the newcomer having the choice of a kick to the groin, or 15 minutes in the politics forum.  I am soooo happy I went with the groin kick.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Capella said:

Easy decision imo 

Good stuff here. 

Big pharma is always looking to compliment their pipelines and are loaded with cash. CYDY is relatively cheap with a presumably a product near commercialization. If the product has so much value, why wasn’t CYDY acquired?

A big pharma would accelerate regulatory filings in EU and other priority markets, and also be better prepared to get payers (insurance, government) on board to cover the high cost of the drug.

3 minutes ago, Whyatt said:

Good stuff here. 

Big pharma is always looking to compliment their pipelines and are loaded with cash. CYDY is relatively cheap with a presumably a product near commercialization. If the product has so much value, why wasn’t CYDY acquired?

A big pharma would accelerate regulatory filings in EU and other priority markets, and also be better prepared to get payers (insurance, government) on board to cover the high cost of the drug.

Start here.  This will give you an introduction to the history of CYDY and their drug.  

PS:  Keytruda and Lironlimab will end up being complementary.  

14 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I would love to know what, specifically, you found in their report to be on point

My honest answer is, pretty much all of it. The mention of the CEO felonies may have been over the top. A few high level thoughts.

Broken promises. Lots of talk from the CEO, maybe speak less as the drug approval process is not straight forward. He speaks as if there is no competition-there is.

Fire CMO? Not a good look to me.

Partner with Vyera? Do you think that’s the best choice to commercialize and get top value from a new drug? What do we think sharing 50% of sales with them might indicate about projected sales?