Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

So, you stumbled upon a fantasy football website and happened to start on page 330 of the investments thread?

Makes sense.

No, I’ve been a subscriber for years. I’ve sporadically read the forums and have learned from posts like fantasycurse’s above. So I thought I’d add my perspective.

Maybe no one wants to hear a different point of view? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 57.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • fantasycurse42

    3538

  • BassNBrew

    2947

  • stbugs

    2946

  • cosjobs

    1959

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

First reference.  Brings a tear to my eye. $CYDY #notselling

9 hours ago, kevzilla said:

I just find it increasingly difficult to back fossil fuel companies over any time frame. If yield you seek, perhaps have a look at MLPX, though midstream plays are seemingly as sensitive as the exploration companies to the vicissitudes of oil prices these days.

I've had RDSA for several years, and I was planning to sit on it and just take the 7% dividend for a good long time. And yet the longer I hold it, the more I think about selling it. I've been hedging during fuel price dips with airlines. SAVE is the latest, though that's definitely a trade and not an investment (sub-9 P/E, sub-.8 PEG, no China or 737MAX exposure, low fuels prices and no fuel hedge iirc for them). As much as anything, owning it feels more and more incompatible with my world view. One of the reasons I bought a Tesla was to support advancements towards less dependence on fossil fuels. Yet here I sit owning Shell? You may have spurred me to make Shell and Spirit a package deal. When one goes, the other does, too.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Whyatt said:

No, I’ve been a subscriber for years. I’ve sporadically read the forums and have learned from posts like fantasycurse’s above. So I thought I’d add my perspective.

Maybe no one wants to hear a different point of view? 

I always want to hear different POVs. It's just curious timing. And I'm more skeptical than most. And ###hole enough to voice it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

 

ETA: & yes, when I read someone else who doesn't have Chet money buying over 100k shares, I can only shake my head. If I was to lose $125k on this stock, it wouldn't be pleasant. 

I don't think you know how much $ Cav has so not sure you need to worry much about him saying he bought 125k shares.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

I don't think you know how much $ Cav has so not sure you need to worry much about him saying he bought 125k shares.

This is petty, but I am curious why you direct this at me and not the person who made the original comment that I replied to? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chet said:

And they just announced their China deal.

The market response to this send relatively tepid. What are ramifications for current holders? Does this partnership dilute our share value?

 

BRIEF-Cytodyn Signs Letter Of Intent For The Joint Development And Licensing Of Leronlimab In China With Longen China Group

REUTERS - 9:17 AM ET

Feb 12 (Reuters) - Cytodyn Inc (CYDY):

* CYTODYN SIGNS LETTER OF INTENT FOR THE JOINT DEVELOPMENT AND LICENSING OF LERONLIMAB IN CHINA WITH LONGEN CHINA GROUP

* CYTODYN INC (CYDY) - CO, LONGEN WILL BEGIN EXPLORING OPPORTUNITIES FOR LERONLIMAB FOR TREATMENT OF 2019 NOVEL CORONAVIRUS AND CANCER Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:

(c) Reuters 2020. Al

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I always want to hear different POVs. It's just curious timing. And I'm more skeptical than most. And ###hole enough to voice it.

This. 3 times last night I went to post the question you posed of how he found our little little thread on our FF forum but ultimately didn’t as Chet and him were having an interesting discussion.  Glad you did though.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

This is petty, but I am curious why you direct this at me and not the person who made the original comment that I replied to? 

because it keeps getting brought up and you specifically called him out for "not having Chet money"

EDIT: honestly, I skimmed the post you replied to and didn't see the comment originally. that was not necessary either IMO.

just feel like this thread is getting sidetracked by too many people expressing concern over GB Cav's enthusiastic investment here. Let's move on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stbugs said:

This I agree with in totality. I won’t be upset if this thing goes up 10x and I only have 5000 shares. That one guy saying he and his wife have over 100k is crazy. That’s the same guy who starts some oddball thread and mentions he gambled behind his wife’s back. Maybe it works out or maybe he’s just lying on a message board. Even Chet has way more assets so that if this went to zero, I’m sure he’d be fine. I’m good with my less than 1% skin in the game.

I'm generally strongly opposed to gossipng about other people in here. 

Also you have no idea what his percentage stake is. It could be less than yours.

General advice is great, targeting other posters with judgements, not so much

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

The market response to this send relatively tepid. What are ramifications for current holders? Does this partnership dilute our share value?

 

BRIEF-Cytodyn Signs Letter Of Intent For The Joint Development And Licensing Of Leronlimab In China With Longen China Group

REUTERS - 9:17 AM ET

Feb 12 (Reuters) - Cytodyn Inc (CYDY):

* CYTODYN SIGNS LETTER OF INTENT FOR THE JOINT DEVELOPMENT AND LICENSING OF LERONLIMAB IN CHINA WITH LONGEN CHINA GROUP

* CYTODYN INC (CYDY) - CO, LONGEN WILL BEGIN EXPLORING OPPORTUNITIES FOR LERONLIMAB FOR TREATMENT OF 2019 NOVEL CORONAVIRUS AND CANCER Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:

(c) Reuters 2020. Al

I think this deal has been expected to happen for a bit and it was also mentioned in the video Chet posted on the last page, so it was probably already priced in with the market is my thoughts on why it didn’t move a ton.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cosjobs said:

I'm generally strongly opposed to gossipng about other people in here. 

Also you have no idea what his percentage stake is. It could be less than yours.

General advice is great, targeting other posters with judgements, not so much

No I don’t, but I do legitimately worry and/or have a bit of disbelief. It’s an anonymous message board and I take a lot with a grain of salt.

Also, I’m not judging, just saying that in reading some of his posts and threads that if true, seem to make it more risky than others in here.

Anyway, I’ll refrain from making anyone all upset. If he loses his shirt somehow, I won’t care, it’s could be his last shirt or maybe a tiny portion of his huge wardrobe of shirts. I won’t care and won’t comment. Sound good?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

because it keeps getting brought up and you specifically called him out for "not having Chet money"

Quote

 That one guy saying he and his wife have over 100k is crazy. That’s the same guy who starts some oddball thread and mentions he gambled behind his wife’s back. Maybe it works out or maybe he’s just lying on a message board. 

So that quote didn't bother you enough to elicit a reaction, but me assuming someone doesn't have as much money as our possibly most wealthy poster did? If he does have Chet money,, good for him! It was an assumption, and if it offended Cav I'm sorry to him. I find your chain of logic singling my comment odd here. Just my .02, but we can leave it there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

No I don’t, but I do legitimately worry and/or have a bit of disbelief. It’s an anonymous message board and I take a lot with a grain of salt.

Also, I’m not judging, just saying that in reading some of his posts and threads that if true, seem to make it more risky than others in here.

Anyway, I’ll refrain from making anyone all upset. If he loses his shirt somehow, I won’t care, it’s could be his last shirt or maybe a tiny portion of his huge wardrobe of shirts. I won’t care and won’t comment. Sound good?

Cool. Also let's not bring up long ago, likely drunken posts where we talk about our spouses

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fantasycurse42 said:

So that quote didn't bother you enough to elicit a reaction, but me assuming someone doesn't have as much money as our possibly most wealthy poster did? If he does have Chet money,, good for him! It was an assumption, and if it offended Cav I'm sorry to him. I find your chain of logic singling my comment odd here. Just my .02, but we can leave it there. 

please see my edited post. thanks.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

Cool. Also let's not bring up long ago, likely drunken posts where we talk about our spouses

Let’s get serious. It’s a message board, don’t post stupid things if you don’t want people bringing them up. Sorry I remembered some of his (or your?) posts and legitimately wondered if he was doing something way too risky. Maybe I actually genuinely worried. If I was an #######, I’d be hoping for a huge dive and then reply to his post with a 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought 4-5k shares on NVDA on the recommendation of another poster, I don't know 7-8 years ago or something, maybe a 20k total investment, and another prominent poster that hasn't been around in many years PMed me I was crazy and to dump it.  The person who PMed had made a fortune in the stock market so I valued his opinion and sold.

 

STILL

 

 

HURTS

 


fwiw

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stbugs said:

No I don’t, but I do legitimately worry and/or have a bit of disbelief. It’s an anonymous message board and I take a lot with a grain of salt.

Also, I’m not judging, just saying that in reading some of his posts and threads that if true, seem to make it more risky than others in here.

Anyway, I’ll refrain from making anyone all upset. If he loses his shirt somehow, I won’t care, it’s could be his last shirt or maybe a tiny portion of his huge wardrobe of shirts. I won’t care and won’t comment. Sound good?

Why do you hate Cav?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Since I now have permission, just bought another 100k shares.

Meh, I've just been saying what I've been saying so you #######s didn't run the price up on me. I own 2,435,700 shares already, suckers!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:
5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Since I now have permission, just bought another 100k shares.

Meh, I've just been saying what I've been saying so you #######s didn't run the price up on me. I own 2,435,700 shares already, suckers!

I’ve upped my position to 90% of my portfolio.  If this crashes do any of you have a garage me an my family can move into?  

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dkp993 said:

I’ve upped my position to 90% of my portfolio.  If this crashes do any of you have a garage me an my family can move into?  

I live in NYC, unfortunately my house is comparable to a shoebox. I can rent out some space behind one of my strollers under the staircase in the hallway for about $1,700 a month. If a garage is a must, this one sells spots for $200k and they only have a monthly carrying charge of $300 a month on top of the initial investment. Norah Jones lives across the street, so you've got that going for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I live in NYC, unfortunately my house is comparable to a shoebox. I can rent out some space behind one of my strollers under the staircase in the hallway for about $1,700 a month. If a garage is a must, this one sells spots for $200k and they only have a monthly carrying charge of $300 a month on top of the initial investment. Norah Jones lives across the street, so you've got that going for you.

As I live in So-Cal your offer makes living in the tunnel below freeway look pretty attractive.  Though the Norah angle does give me pause.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

As I live in So-Cal your offer makes living in the tunnel below freeway look pretty attractive.  Though the Norah angle does give me pause.  

I'm intrigued by this tunnel location under the freeway... What type of amenities does it have?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I'm intrigued by this tunnel location under the freeway... What type of amenities does it have?

If CYDY crashes maybe we together could kick out the current “residents” and take it over.  If we sleep in shifts I think it’s relatively safe.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

If CYDY crashes maybe we together could kick out the current “residents” and take it over.  If we sleep in shifts I think it’s relatively safe.  

I'm only interested if it has a lap pool... Lap pool is a must for me!

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Why do you hate Cav?

Don't. My first post may have been a bit mean I guess, if you read it that way. When I saw that number and tied it to the thread about gambling behind his wife’s back (said she would be mad so obviously a problem before) and losing almost everything in the crypto thread, that amount did give me pause. I could be wrong and honestly at this point with two people saying to back off, I don’t care anymore. If it does well and he actually has that much he’ll have a nice pay day. I’ll be happy as well but if it bottoms out, not a big deal to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I'm only interested if it has a lap pool... Lap pool is a must for me!

I’ve got a big house with enough room for a lap pool. Even though I should have used your bagging on Shopify as my confirmation to invest, I’ll still let you crash if you sell your parking space and put in the lap pool.

Edited by stbugs
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I’ve got a big house with enough room for a lap pool. Even though I should have used your bagging on Shopify as my confirmation to invest, I’ll still let you crash if you sell your parking space and put in the lap pool.

Hey! FC and I were working out a deal and you come in here all Johnny come lately with your safe investing and big house.  Not cool buddy.  Now I’m going to have to defend the tunnel all by myself. 

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dkp993 said:

Hey! FC and I were working out a deal and you come in here all Johnny come lately with your safe investing and big house.  Not cool buddy.  Now I’m going to have to defend the tunnel all by myself. 

I'll put the lap pool under the tunnel, but since I'm the proprietor of said lap pool, we split the security 80/20 instead of 50/50. 

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On a stock related note, CNBC is going to need to hire new writers for their headlines. Every day for the last month:

[insert index here] Climbs Despite Coronavirus Worries... They really need something new. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Don't. My first post may have been a bit mean I guess, if you read it that way. When I saw that number and tied it to the thread about gambling behind his wife’s back (said she would be mad so obviously a problem before) and losing almost everything in the crypto thread, that amount did give me pause. I could be wrong and honestly at this point with two people saying to back off, I don’t care anymore. If it does well and he actually has that much he’ll have a nice pay day. I’ll be happy as well but if it bottoms out, not a big deal to me.

You fell into the sarchasm.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fantasycurse42 said:

On a stock related note, CNBC is going to need to hire new writers for their headlines. Every day for the last month:

[insert index here] Climbs Despite Coronavirus Worries... They really need something new. 

"Nuclear missiles exchanged between Iran and Israel.  World War III begins.  Stock Market rallys on reconstruction.  Home Builders Index to All-Time Highs."

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, siffoin said:

"Nuclear missiles exchanged between Iran and Israel.  World War III begins.  Stock Market rallys on reconstruction.  Home Builders Index to All-Time Highs."

:lmao:

Sure feels like the world we currently live in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member


×
×
  • Create New...