What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (6 Viewers)

Funny same thing I was thinking. Just get this pig to my purchase price and I'm getting out. :)
Getting even is over-rated. If you think a different stock would do better, why keep riding a pig? The loss will also help you on taxes om your home runs

(I think WFC is actually not a pig)

Yeah, I've heard Hyatt mentioned before as well. DEO was another big one on Todem's list. 
Yeah, I mentioned it ;)

Just didn't buy when I should have.

I'd really like to see the best way to invest in specific communities, without buying a house. I'd love to get into a REIT investing in Hilton Head, but I suspect those are basically invite only.

Getting even is over-rated. If you think a different stock would do better, why keep riding a pig? The loss will also help you on taxes om your home runs

(I think WFC is actually not a pig)
True it’s not that important to get even. 
But I do like to pick a point and stick with it. Takes some emotion out of it. 

I'd really like to see the best way to invest in specific communities, without buying a house. I'd love to get into a REIT investing in Hilton Head, but I suspect those are basically invite only.
Make some calls. There are likely some local investment groups you could team up with. You'll usually do better in that format than a REIT. But due diligence is on you.

Make some calls. There are likely some local investment groups you could team up with. You'll usually do better in that format than a REIT. But due diligence is on you.
That requires work :cry:

Definitely worth thinking about but it would only be less than $20k or so, I'm not exactly Trump here, or chet.

CYDY is giving a presentation in 30 minutes. 

Date:Friday, April 17, 2020

Time:12:30 pm ET / 9:30 am PT

Access:https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6072304059315473677

• Smile
Reactions: One
CYDY is giving a presentation in 30 minutes. 

Date:Friday, April 17, 2020

Time:12:30 pm ET / 9:30 am PT

Access:https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6072304059315473677
Every time they have press the price drops.  Will this time be different? 🤑

Because the juice on physical precious metals is so high*, I added some stock to keep my portfolio at about 10% PMs:

DBP POWERSHARES DB MULTI-SECTOR PRECIOUS METAL

SIVR ABERDEEN STD SILVER ETF TR PHYSCL SILVR SHS

USLV CREDIT SUISSE AG NASSAU BRH NT 

IAU  iShares Gold TrustNYSE Arca:

Although it does not really track gold like actually owning it, I doubled my position in NUGT

And I have Cobalt covered with 10,000 shares of CBBLF (Not CBLLF) currently worth $70. Lots of upside in this one (sarcasm) although I'm down 63%. I should ahve used that $200 to bet some superfecta boxes at the track for better odds.

* Gold is at 1686, but if you want to actually buy it, a Gold Eagle is $1825 and a Maple Leaf is 1780

Silver is worse. Spot silver is 15.10, but a silver Eagle is about $25 and Canadians 21.50

Juice on gold is bad at ~8%, Silver is horrible at over 60%

Bars are a little cheaper for each, but harder to sell. Oh, and when you want to sell, they'll offer you spot. Effing racket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you please expand on this?  People were saying the same thing when BAC was at 8. 
Just my view, I have read more negative reviews and complaints about WF than any other bank. While I get that those reviews may not reflect the future of the business, I do get a little hesitant to invest in a company with (from what I've seen) such a negative perception. 

Otoh, that perception can change and provides an opportunity. I know Domino's was one such example. Horrible reviews, I distinctly remember growing up in Michigan and Domino's was the least preferred pizza, junk even compared to little Cesar's. That's changed significantly. Maybe WF can do the same?

* Gold is at 1686, but if you want to actually buy it, a Gold Eagle is $1825 and a Maple Leaf is 1780

Silver is worse. Spot silver is 15.10, but a silver Eagle is about $25 and Canadians 21.50

Bars are a little cheaper for each, but harder to sell. Oh, and when you want to sell, they'll offer you spot. Effing racket.
Besides some old gold and 90% silver coins I stick with the ETFs too.  F those racketeers.  If I want real metal I just invest in brass.  The kind that comes with powder and loads into magazines.  

Otoh, that perception can change and provides an opportunity. I know Domino's was one such example. Horrible reviews, I distinctly remember growing up in Michigan and Domino's was the least preferred pizza, junk even compared to little Cesar's. That's changed significantly. Maybe WF can do the same?
Would they convert their vaults to pizza ovens?

It certainly helped Gilead.
Yeah Cosjobs nailed it.  At least they have more patients behind their claims.

I dont doubt that you are right about the no control group and that we have no idea who they cherry picked for the test but same has held true for Cytodyn so far, just at more miniscule numbers.

Cautiously optimistic but also skeptical.  I hope this one hits but need to stay grounded too.

Because the juice on physical precious metals is so high*, I added some stock to keep my portfolio at about 10% PMs:

Although it does not really track gold like actually owning it, I doubled my position in NUGT

And I have Cobalt covered with 10,000 shares of CBBLF (Not CBLLF) currently worth $70. Lots of upside in this one (sarcasm) although I'm down 63%. I should ahve used that $200 to bet some superfecta boxes at the track for better odds.

I'm about to, uh, acquire? some. Should ask the folks on here who know about this stuff once I actually get my hands on therm. 

Inventories of gold and silver are getting depleted and the virus has shut down mining.  Global shipments are way down, so the price of the coins are going to be at a huge premium.  I agree, don't pay them unless you are one of those guys that just HAS to have the physical in hand.  

There's a lot of articles about this supply disruption.  It's a big problem for physical.

Considering adding ALLY and CIT, but maybe VFH is the more prudent move to own a wider array of financials? 3% dividend, the ETF hasn't been this low since 2016. Definitely crashed in 2008, so if you're predicting a depression probably not a good move.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you please expand on this?  People were saying the same thing when BAC was at 8. 
It's the same type of thing then.  Like WFC is now, BAC was the bank in the news getting hit for their bad behavior a bit more than others.  BAC did have some legit concerns at the time about whether Merrill and BAC could stay together.  WFC also needs some of the tough cost-cutting that BAC embarked on 2012 forward, but their capital position is very strong.

CDC  I'll give this a shot. Was shut out of the video conference but eventually was able to listen by phone. Apologize in advance for some fragmentation of expression as I nwas picking up bits and pieces.

Very optimistic about the drug and future. Expect the BLA regarding the HIV tx to be filed next week UNLESS something goes wrong. Believe they will have the superior covid tx drug as other drugs are piecemeal in their approach. Believe drug has promise in txing severe influenza.

Believe best time to administer drug for Covid is when symptoms are mild to moderate. Believe it will take 6 weeks to finish the Covid trial for 765 patients. 3 weeks for sign up, 2 weeks to do results and one week to submit.

Suggested that they had been in talks with BP but can not disclose anything.

Believe that next week they will be presenting the drug for review to the Chief of Health Officer for the UK.

Can produce over a million vials of the drug a month once demand is established.

Expect that Dr. Patterson's paper will be published in 6 weeks.

This is what I got from the call hopefully its accurate.

Two random questions.

In my roth IRA, if there are dividends, they just get put into my available cash correct?  Nothing ever taxed in these accounts right?

Next, people seem to want things back to normal soooooooo badly both with real life and with the stock market.  Is it possible that we remain on the same path we are right now with things being closed for say the next 18 months, and the market stay where it is?  Can people WILL the stock market to success without any other tangible rationale for it?

Two random questions.

In my roth IRA, if there are dividends, they just get put into my available cash correct?  Nothing ever taxed in these accounts right?

Next, people seem to want things back to normal soooooooo badly both with real life and with the stock market.  Is it possible that we remain on the same path we are right now with things being closed for say the next 18 months, and the market stay where it is?  Can people WILL the stock market to success without any other tangible rationale for it?
For your first question, your brokerage should give you the option to "reinvest" the dividends.  The dividends will typically just buy more shares of the fund the dividends came from.  So if you got $50 of dividends in a Growth fund, and the Growth fund costs $10 per share, you would just get 5 more shares.  You can probably direct those dividends however you want, but reinvesting is usually the way to go.  It's like getting free shares.

As to your second question, anything is possible.

Couldn't do this. Would love the tdoss notes when folks get off. 
Here's the replay.  Bruce Patterson and Jay Lalezari were great and Nader struggled.  

Really good explanation of how the disease works and why leronlimab will be the most effective treatment.  Essentially, you get sick from the virus but you die from the immunological storm that follows in severe cases.  

Does anyone know a site where I can upload some soundbites?

Here's the replay.  Bruce Patterson and Jay Lalezari were great and Nader struggled.  

Really good explanation of how the disease works and why leronlimab will be the most effective treatment.  Essentially, you get sick from the virus but you die from the immunological storm that follows in severe cases.  

YouTube maybe

Description of disease starting around 21:40

Thanks gb

Users who are viewing this thread