• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fantasycurse42

• stbugs

• BassNBrew

• Capella

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trying to time bottoms is very hard. If you believe in the company long term I feel this price is a very strong entry point long term. Set it and forget for a while. When it doubles....take your

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

56 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

@chet If cydy hits on a covid cure, will any institutions start buying or do they just exclude Pink stocks?  Right now they hold less than 1% of the shares.  

One would assume that the market cap would rise enough so they end up on a bigger exchange.

2 hours ago, chet said:

3 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

@chet If cydy hits on a covid cure, will any institutions start buying or do they just exclude Pink stocks?  Right now they hold less than 1% of the shares.  

Yes.

Ummm.....

17 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Ummm.....

LOL  Sorry for the ambiguity.  I think some institutions will buy pink sheets but it is certainly an impediment that Nader must address.  In addition to executing on the business side, uplisting to NASDAQ is critically important IMO.

8 hours ago, Don Hutson said:

I'm curious what your opinion is now?  I value the opinion of someone anti-CYDY over someone pro-CYDY.  I don't need to hear the opinions of cheerleaders.  I want to hear the skeptic.  Also, did you ever get swayed enough to buy CYDY?

Thanks for asking. Since I offered my opinion on CYDY I have followed the company closely. I’m also interested in and following COVID treatments.

My initial (high) skepticism resulted from:

• I worked on development of a CCR5 Antagonist 20 or so years ago. Most big Pharma had a molecule (or more). It was described with so much promise, applications, etc. and then they almost all went away.
  • I support new drug commercialization now, I’m currently supporting a new drug which many are hopeful will change treatment methods worldwide for HIV when commercialized. To support this, I have access to what our folks believe is the competitive marketplace going forward.
  • Cancer is getting big investment these days and progress is, in a traditional view, remarkable. For instance positive news on 2 new treatments for triple negative breast cancer have been announced already in 2020. I’ve mentioned 1200 clinical trials underway for Keytruda and Keytruda+.
  • My view of CYDY as a underpowered company with an interesting old drug, but quite frankly, looking for an indication, trying to show some efficacy, but finding essentially zero takers among big pharma. And to be real here, that’s what single product companies all want, because drug development and commercialization is expensive.

Please don’t view this as an attack on the company or posters here. I’m not a short but have read their reports which I think all investors should for perspective. I have read IHub and seeking alpha posts and am surprised by the rampant cheerleading. I think a balanced evaluation of risks are needed for good investing and I do think I have some interesting perspective to offer for the company. 

Around this time CYDY started with Coronavirus claims. Because of the stock pumping nature of CYDY, I was very skeptical. Interestingly enough, CYDY’s drug appears to have clinical benefits. I’ll need more time to offer my thoughts on that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Thinking 1
2 hours ago, chet said:

LOL  Sorry for the ambiguity.  I think some institutions will buy pink sheets but it is certainly an impediment that Nader must address.  In addition to executing on the business side, uplisting to NASDAQ is critically important IMO.

Weren't recent board machinations perceived as a precursor to NASDAQ listing?

13 hours ago, cosjobs said:

Weren't recent board machinations perceived as a precursor to NASDAQ listing?

Yes, one requirement for uplisting is having a certain % or number of outside directors.

Regarding CYDY as a COVID treatment, it’s important to know what the landscape of therapeutic interventions is. A dashboard is found at the following link.  http://www.io.nihr.ac.uk/covid-19-updates/ . There is a LOT of work ongoing, quite a bit with repurposed drugs, and no one really expects a magic bullet until a vaccine is developed in 12+ months, or we end up with herd immunity, which is getting more likely.

Anti-virals and Anti-inflammatory drugs are closest to getting approved for COVID and drugs already approved are being used often. These 2 classes should be complementary and it’s known anti-virals must be administered early. Despite recent controversy, I expect anti-viral Remdesivir to be approved for COVID and it will be used as fast as they can make it. The main alternative is HCQ. 

Leronlimab is anti-inflammatory, and appears to be working. The are IL6 inhibitors currently commercialized and being used for COVID in trials. I think these approved drugs will get the COVID indication before Leronlimab, as the approval process will be more straightforward. Supply of these drugs may be an issue as well.

Is Leronlimab clearly superior to other options? Time will tell. This COVID treatment is absolutely a was to establish credibility for the drug and company. If it works well for COVID,  approval likely will come faster and without struggle than otherwise for just another HIV treatment, even in other countries. New indications could be built off of the experience and work on COVID. I could envision an endgame where Leronlimab is a commercial drug but not used for HIV or cancer.

It really is an intriguing story.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Whyatt said:
  • I support new drug commercialization now, I’m currently supporting a new drug which many are hopeful will change treatment methods worldwide for HIV when commercialized. To support this, I have access to what our folks believe is the competitive marketplace going forward.

Thanks for the insight. Always need a health bit of skepticism. But related to this above, can you discuss what you see in this market? I don't want you to disclose anything you aren't comfortable with. Is your skepticism related to the amount of money and/or treatments flowing into the HIV space? Or is Leronlimab not even on the map when you look at the competitive market place? 

Edited by sporthenry
13 minutes ago, sporthenry said:

Thanks for the insight. Always need a health bit of skepticism. But related to this above, can you discuss where you see in this market? I don't want you to disclose anything you aren't comfortable with. Is your skepticism related to the amount of money and/or treatments flowing into the HIV space? Or is Leronlimab not even on the map when you look at the competitive market place? 

Just wondering if it's even on the map of the competitive marketplace. 

The goal of the latest and upcoming HIV treatments is a functional cure. There are broad goals to roll out treatment worldwide to essentially eliminate HIV in our lifetimes. I’m not aware that Leronlimab has been or will be established as a functional cure. They would need a big pharma deal to accomplish this worldwide.

It’s worth noting that there aren’t vast profits in COVID treatments. They are acute and should ramp down significantly in just a couple of years. Traditionally blockbuster drugs are those people take everyday for the rest of their lives.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Whyatt said:

It’s worth noting that there aren’t vast profits in COVID treatments. They are acute and should ramp down significantly in just a couple of years. Traditionally blockbuster drugs are those people take everyday for the rest of their lives.

Yeah, I mean the market will move irrationally to whoever wins the cure and vaccine. But if Leronlimab wins, you're looking at a stock that could hit $10, $20 or $30. GILD was moving $5-$10bn on Remdesevir trials. Not saying it's rational but I'll take advantage of the irrationality of it. Also, the treatment would have some upside potential if a vaccine is delayed or is tough to actually achieve. But the company who makes it also wouldn't be able to really charge that much.

• Like 3
On 4/25/2020 at 10:03 AM, Don Hutson said:

That is probably where Warren Buffett is investing.  But I am not 89 years old.  I am going to invest into today.  Warren Buffett lost money in 1999 when everyone else was making boatloads.  The economy as a whole is going to suffer for at least 2-3 years.  That means Blue Chips will suffer.  The only savvy investment right now is one that isn't affected by Coronavirus.  I will be buying Delta, Disney, Boeing, restaurants stocks, i.e. America, when there is a vaccine.

EDIT: or herd immunity.  And herd immunity might come first.

Not that the WHO is always right (in fact—they have been wrong several times with covid)—but as of now—is there anything that proves that people can’t get re-infected with covid?  If they can—then herd immunity would be impossible unless a vaccine or solid therapeutics come out that reduce the severity of the disease.  I want to make clear that I personally am of the belief that it’s probably likely that most people that get it won’t get re-infected—I do think that assuming that it’s a guarantee could be risky.  

• Like 1

Does anyone have the stat on how many clinical trials are underway for anti viral treatment against Covid?  I know there are quite a few ongoing.  We are focused on one in here but probably need a little perspective on big picture once in a while as there are several that are ahead of leronlimab and I'm not sure the number that are in a similar place.  I think the latter number is more than we want to think about. I'm struggling to find it so if anyone has it, would be good to know.

Edited by Jefferson the Caregiver
26 minutes ago, sporthenry said:

Yeah, I mean the market will move irrationally to whoever wins the cure and vaccine. But if Leronlimab wins, you're looking at a stock that could hit $10, $20 or $30. GILD was moving $5-$10bn on Remdesevir trials. Not saying it's rational but I'll take advantage of the irrationality of it. Also, the treatment would have some upside potential if a vaccine is delayed or is tough to actually achieve. But the company who makes it also wouldn't be able to really charge that much.

I agree completely with all of this. I don’t think Remdesivir was worth the movement you site. 

I don’t know what Leronlimab might be worth and don’t think anyone does. The price will need to be in line with other treatments. Hundreds of dollars isn’t crazy if it’s saving lives and gets patients out of hospital beds. One thing to consider is once the price is set, how much variation there could be afterwords for other indications. 

6 minutes ago, Jefferson the Caregiver said:

Does anyone have the stat on how many clinical trials are underway for anti viral treatment against Covid?  I know there are quite a few ongoing.  We are focused on one in here but probably need a little perspective on big picture once in a while as there are several that are ahead of leronlimab and I'm not sure the number that are in a similar place.  I think the latter number is more than we want to think about. I'm struggling to find it so if anyone has it, would be good to know.

I posted a link with a comprehensive dashboard. It takes a little work to find the information.

19 hours ago, TripItUp said:

exactly...I think I'm going to hit hotel stocks pretty hard this week, but the standard FANG bluechips are overvalued right now.

They're not overvalued. They're fairly valued, just like the smaller caps. It's just that they have less room for growth short term. Common misconception. 

14 minutes ago, Jefferson the Caregiver said:

Struggling to find leronlimab on the dash you posted.  I guess I'll stick to the assessment that its more than we want to think about

It is way down the list here. You have to filter by Trial phase 2, classification is anti inflammatory, intervention type is treatment.  Or you can go to page 4 and see the entire list alphabetically.

To Whyatt’s point, there are a lot of things being tried.

Welp everything is fairly valued. We can all go home. You could argue everything has been fairly valued at every point during this meltdown. At the very least, even if it’s fairly valued according to market expectations, the issue becomes market expectations. 

I was of the belief that the main Fang stocks were overvalued before the pandemic.  I’m starting to believe that a lot of them might be undervalued now in the short to medium term.   Stocks like amazon, Netflix, alphabet (through ownership of YouTube),  facebook (because of their ownership of instagram and also how they added the ability to video conference to their messenger app) are going to become even more cemented and embedded in our culture for at least the next 12-18 months and most likely longer.   I finally signed up for an amazon prime account a few days into the lockdown and it’’s not like I will be cancelling it after things open back up.   Even after a vaccine is made—I think the world got a lot more digital and big tech has the means to capitalize on that the easiest and the greatest.  Even if somebody else comes up with something that could be a threat to them—they have deep enough pockets to buy them out.   Am I saying big tech is a bargain—no?  I’m saying that there is a reason why they aren’t cheap—and I think that is because they are the closest thing to be trustable in a very untrustworthy environment.  I see them being strong during the pandemic and I see no reason why they cannot be strong or stronger after it.    

5 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

I was of the belief that the main Fang stocks were overvalued before the pandemic.  I’m starting to believe that a lot of them might be undervalued now in the short to medium term.   Stocks like amazon, Netflix, alphabet (through ownership of YouTube),  facebook (because of their ownership of instagram and also how they added the ability to video conference to their messenger app) are going to become even more cemented and embedded in our culture for at least the next 12-18 months and most likely longer.   I finally signed up for an amazon prime account a few days into the lockdown and it’’s not like I will be cancelling it after things open back up.   Even after a vaccine is made—I think the world got a lot more digital and big tech has the means to capitalize on that the easiest and the greatest.  Even if somebody else comes up with something that could be a threat to them—they have deep enough pockets to buy them out.   Am I saying big tech is a bargain—no?  I’m saying that there is a reason why they aren’t cheap—and I think that is because they are the closest thing to be trustable in a very untrustworthy environment.  I see them being strong during the pandemic and I see no reason why they cannot be strong or stronger after it.    

We’ll find out Thursday night about Amazon. I don’t think Q1 numbers will bump much because it was only a couple week impact out of the entire quarter. Their thoughts on Q2 and full year will be interesting. Honestly, I don’t know if all FANG stocks get the same bump. Apple kind of gets an Apple TV and maybe Music bump but retail wise people aren’t pushing to upgrade. They already said their forecasts weren’t good anymore. Google has YouTube And YouTube TV but they don’t have a Disney+ type service. Facebook, not sure if lost as revenue offsets people using it more. Amazon has Prime/deliveries and PrimeVideo, WholeFoods and AWS. Not sure if AWS will get much of an extra bump, but their retail side and video/music should.

Anyway, long winded way to say that the FANG moniker has run its course. When it was a bull run, it made sense but now with the economy changing, companies are getting benefits or getting screwed in vastly different ways.

• Thanks 1

Also good read on the indirect bailout via the Fed's actions in WSJ: https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-fed-intervention-saved-carnival-11587920400?mod=hp_lead_pos4

Now is it better that vulture distressed hedge funds were lining up instead? I don't know. But I do agree with Elliott - "Elliott’s owner, Paul Singer, and others have warned that this success story comes at a cost. The Fed could be setting the U.S. economy up for a harder fall down the road, they contend, by flooding markets with cash and spurring investors to prop up firms that may not be fit to survive."

8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

We’ll find out Thursday night about Amazon. I don’t think Q1 numbers will bump much because it was only a couple week impact out of the entire quarter. Their thoughts on Q2 and full year will be interesting. Honestly, I don’t know if all FANG stocks get the same bump. Apple kind of gets an Apple TV and maybe Music bump but retail wise people aren’t pushing to upgrade. They already said their forecasts weren’t good anymore. Google has YouTube And YouTube TV but they don’t have a Disney+ type service. Facebook, not sure if lost as revenue offsets people using it more. Amazon has Prime/deliveries and PrimeVideo, WholeFoods and AWS. Not sure if AWS will get much of an extra bump, but their retail side and video/music should.

Anyway, long winded way to say that the FANG moniker has run its course. When it was a bull run, it made sense but now with the economy changing, companies are getting benefits or getting screwed in vastly different ways.

I think amazon pops because of their quarter 2 projections. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Apple to me is the one that might be the biggest question mark—but their brand loyalty leads me to believe that they will remain strong. People are on and will be on their phones, iPads, and macs more in the next couple of years—and once their devices will start to deteriorate—I could absolutely see people replacing them with newer and better ones.   I also feel like a lot of businesses will integrate a WFH model even after the pandemic—and this will be very solid for electronic device makers.   Do keep in mind—that I’m not saying any of these names will be strong for weeks—when I say short to medium term—for me—that means 6 months to 2 years.  With that said—I do see your point—and even the big boys will probably have some challenges moving forward..   I personally just think there will be a second wave of this virus—and that second wave will be a bigger challenge for companies that aren’t big tech.  Time will tell. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Capella said:

I think amazon pops because of their quarter 2 projections. 

I think that whether or not it pops—it’s just a name that needs to be owned.  If it drops—that probably just opens up an opportunity to get in.  It’s arguable that amazon has done more to carry the  common citizens of this country through the crisis than our national government has. 

Edited by jvdesigns2002
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

I think that whether or not it pops—it’s just a name that needs to be owned.  If it drops—that probably just opens up an opportunity to get in.  It’s arguable that amazon has done more to carry the  common citizens of this pandemic through the crisis than our national government has. 

I agree. I almost hope it drops, I’d like to buy some more under 2k. Can’t see it getting there again anytime soon though. 

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, Capella said:

I agree. I almost hope it drops, I’d like to buy some more under 2k. Can’t see it getting there again anytime soon though. 

I thought it was going to pop, now it's going to drop?  I certainly don't want to buy at $2400 when $2000 looks much tastier.

Anecdotal, but I've seen fewer Amazon trucks on the road since the quarantine and fewer packages on doorsteps.  The later could be because people are home to collect their packages quickly. 

I there's one store I see shopping accelerating, it's Lowe's.  Hard to find a parking spot anymore.  Now that I think about it, that may be because the hours have been cut back by 25%.  Local grocery store had plenty of marked down meat today.  Porterhouse steaks at 3 something a pound.

54 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

I thought it was going to pop, now it's going to drop?  I certainly don't want to buy at $2400 when $2000 looks much tastier.

Anecdotal, but I've seen fewer Amazon trucks on the road since the quarantine and fewer packages on doorsteps.  The later could be because people are home to collect their packages quickly. 

Where did I say it was going to drop

10 hours ago, Whyatt said:

Regarding CYDY as a COVID treatment, it’s important to know what the landscape of therapeutic interventions is. A dashboard is found at the following link.  http://www.io.nihr.ac.uk/covid-19-updates/ . There is a LOT of work ongoing, quite a bit with repurposed drugs, and no one really expects a magic bullet until a vaccine is developed in 12+ months, or we end up with herd immunity, which is getting more likely.

Anti-virals and Anti-inflammatory drugs are closest to getting approved for COVID and drugs already approved are being used often. These 2 classes should be complementary and it’s known anti-virals must be administered early. Despite recent controversy, I expect anti-viral Remdesivir to be approved for COVID and it will be used as fast as they can make it. The main alternative is HCQ. 

Leronlimab is anti-inflammatory, and appears to be working. The are IL6 inhibitors currently commercialized and being used for COVID in trials. I think these approved drugs will get the COVID indication before Leronlimab, as the approval process will be more straightforward. Supply of these drugs may be an issue as well.

Is Leronlimab clearly superior to other options? Time will tell. This COVID treatment is absolutely a was to establish credibility for the drug and company. If it works well for COVID,  approval likely will come faster and without struggle than otherwise for just another HIV treatment, even in other countries. New indications could be built off of the experience and work on COVID. I could envision an endgame where Leronlimab is a commercial drug but not used for HIV or cancer.

It really is an intriguing story.

We are making progress--you've gone from skeptical to intrigued!  The stock's only up ~11x but who's counting.

This week is pivotal for CYDY.  Big call with potential to drop lots of positive news tomorrow.  

I think you're a little behind in terms of COVID-19 knowledge. I think this presentation gave some cutting edge info in terms of understanding how the disease works.  More to come with the publication of the complete data set referred to in the call.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

I see them all the time. I do get out to pick up food and packages but I do see them often. I order stuff every couple days. Lowe’s and Target are always packed near me. I haven’t been in Lowe’s in a while, just order stuff I need from Amazon because there’s way too many people with no masks walking in and out. Amazing to me how many people were shopping inside Target. I did curbside and was there for 30 seconds. Still amazes me and I hope those smart folks aren’t going to #### up my summer vacation that I am so looking forward to at this point.

5 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

I there's one store I see shopping accelerating, it's Lowe's.  Hard to find a parking spot anymore.  Now that I think about it, that may be because the hours have been cut back by 25%.  Local grocery store had plenty of marked down meat today.  Porterhouse steaks at 3 something a pound.

I just struggle to see LOW. 22% off YTD highs, HD only 14%. Guess MAS is only ~20% off as well but all the home builders and other manufacturers are 40% off. I suppose earnings may be decent in the near-term given some pull forward of demand with people being stuck at home and having time. But can't imagine it is big ticket items and eventually pay checks will be saved for staples. I presume home improvement stocks are correlated to home sales, home prices, consumer income and discretionary spending, all of which seem likely to decline. 

Not sure they are in the same breath as AMZN. Not implying that you are comparing the two but AMZN is a clear winner here. This will just accelerate the spend online especially on staples which just tightens their grip on things. I don't know what earnings will look like and don't people will care that much. Q2 top line growth is likely what will matter here. Could see earnings hit by increased costs and shipping on essential stuff may have lower margins. But as people realize AMZN can deliver everything, tough to see them moving back to brick and mortar. 

1 hour ago, sporthenry said:

But can't imagine it is big ticket items and eventually pay checks will be saved for staples. I presume home improvement stocks are correlated to home sales, home prices, consumer income and discretionary spending, all of which seem likely to decline. 

I think big ticket items will be bought at record levels.  Most people still have their income and are saving bigly money from staying at home.  People are going to make staying at home as palatable as possible.  People are going to buy hot tubs, televisions, stereo systems, exercise equip., new kitchens, ugly downstairs bar with a framed, autographed Jose Canseco game worn jersey, backyard forts, gaming computers, etc.

14 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

I am a mail carrier. The package volume from Amazon has been like Christmas levels everyday for the last month. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Don Hutson said:

I think big ticket items will be bought at record levels.  Most people still have their income and are saving bigly money from staying at home.  People are going to make staying at home as palatable as possible.  People are going to buy hot tubs, televisions, stereo systems, exercise equip., new kitchens, ugly downstairs bar with a framed, autographed Jose Canseco game worn jersey, backyard forts, gaming computers, etc.

Uncanny. Are you coming into my house when I leave for grocery and luxury shopping?

Edited by cosjobs
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Was in there Saturday and they are swamped.  Rode by a few days last week and every day the lot is full.  I was in to get a few things for the yard and was talking to one gentleman who said he's had too much time at home and the honey-do list has become too long to keep ignoring.  Spring is usually jumping in there with folks getting everything from potting soil and plants to pool supplies to weed/feed and pavers.  Our local Lowe's, at least, is always busy.  That said, it doesn't have a HD across the parking lot/street to compete with.  

Everyone knows LOW can't compete with AMZN in terms of stock value and no one is suggestion that, but in its space I see Lowe's doing pretty well.  

• Like 1

CytoDyn Submits Completed Biologics License Application (BLA) to the FDA for Leronlimab as a Combination Therapy for Highly Treatment Experienced HIV Patients

https://www.cytodyn.com/newsroom/press-releases/detail/421/cytodyn-submits-completed-biologics-license-application

April 27, 2020 9:12am EDT

During the FDA’s review period, the Company will dedicate all resources to ensure availability of leronlimab for COVID-19 patients; Cancer programs continue with positive results

VANCOUVER, Washington, April 27, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CytoDyn Inc. (OTC.QB: CYDY), (“CytoDyn” or the “Company"), a late-stage biotechnology company developing leronlimab (PRO 140), a CCR5 antagonist with the potential for multiple therapeutic indications, today announced the Company has submitted the clinical, and the CMC (chemistry, manufacturing and controls) portions of its BLA to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for leronlimab as a combination therapy with HAART for highly treatment experienced HIV patients. The FDA previously granted both Fast Track designation for leronlimab and rolling review for the Company’s BLA in HIV indication.

“The submission of the final two parts of the BLA is a significant milestone for the Company, and initiates its transition from a development-stage company to a commercial organization. We are excited about the opportunity to introduce a novel therapeutic to HIV patients. In addition to the BLA submission, once the ongoing investigative trial for leronlimab as a once-weekly monotherapy for HIV-infected patients has reached its objectives, we plan to initiate a registration-directed study. Leronlimab’s strong safety profile demonstrated in eleven clinical trials with over 800 people supports its long-term potential,” said Nader Pourhassan, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of CytoDyn. With the BLA filing for a combination therapy now complete, we are continuing our efforts on commercialization-readiness, as well as advancing leronlimab in the other important therapeutic areas of COVID-19, cancer and immunology. The BLA filing is a monumental achievement for our Company, and was made possible through the sheer determination and commitment of CytoDyn’s team and Amarex Clinical Research team led by Dr. Kush Dhody, Senior Vice President of Clinical Operations. I would like to especially recognize Dr. Nitya Ray, the Company’s Chief Technology Officer, whose work in leading the CMC program was very crucial to CytoDyn. Dr. Ray was also instrumental in consummating the Samsung Biologics contract to ensure we have sufficient large-scale biologics manufacturing capacity in place to meet the expected demand growth in a cost-effective and timely fashion. I would like to thank all of those involved for their tireless efforts,” concluded Dr. Pourhassan.

• Love 1