What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (16 Viewers)

General Malaise said:
Went to Home Depot yesterday.  What an absolute SH!T show.  I am beginning to think that the people staffed by businesses that remain open to the public are all the rejects who couldn't land the jobs normally but are willing to work.  It is a bad bad sign when the people working at a hardware store are less knowledgeable about the products they sell than I am.  Because I assure you, on the scale of masculinity and men who know how to do stuff with their hands (not counting that) I am the least manly man out there.  But my god, the people I encountered yesterday wearing the orange and roaming the vast halls of Home Depot were head-spinningly stupid and unable to help.  

I'll add that dumb people at work will absolutely suck the life right out of ya. Now imagine 2 of them back to back. 

beef said:
My local land surveyor and ecologist are big fans of CYDY profits too. 
@chet  Seriously man, your tip on CYDY is buying me a pond.  Not just some little backyard goldfish pool, at least a 1.5 acre pond.  Maybe 2 depending on the wetland delineation.  

In at 3.32

Cash out those shares above at 3.675.

It's good to have cash Gru.
I took some more profits.  Time to clear some cash for the excavator.  

As you're all naming boats, I might need some pond name help.  "Lake Leronlimab",  "Leronlipond"... 

@chet  Seriously man, your tip on CYDY is buying me a pond.  Not just some little backyard goldfish pool, at least a 1.5 acre pond.  Maybe 2 depending on the wetland delineation.  

I took some more profits.  Time to clear some cash for the excavator.  

As you're all naming boats, I might need some pond name help.  "Lake Leronlimab",  "Leronlipond"... 
LeronLagoon imo

Been on a work conference call, can someone bullet point the highlights of the CYDY call?  TIA.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I took this to mean that they were in process of attempting to get funds to support the research and development. Made it a point of not mentioning the agency.

NP got testy at the end when they were asking about why no compassionate use approval yet. But probably sick of being asked about it. Said that they `can only go as fast FDA allows but said FDA is cooperative.

Been on a work conference call, someone bullet point the highlights of the sea why do you want to call
Filed the BLA

Dr. Bruce has a report coming out in 24 hrs

They (He) identified that it's not IL-6 that needs to be targeted in treatment of Covid, but Rantes (CCL5). Not sure the terminology is exactly correct there, but it's the high level summary. That's a good thing for CYDY (presumably), and they're the first ones to identify it.

They're laying the groundwork to uplist, so they can do so when they have the scratch to make it happen.

The whole thing screamed to me that they're a huge target to be taken out, but :shrug:

Also:

The work Dr. Bruce did and what he identified also seemed to be a positive wrt other treatment cases, particularly cancer.

NP's MIL's Dr. attributes her positive brain tumor progress to Leronlimab

USA#1 FDA Rules. Iran FDA drools.

I think I agree with you.  Grocery store workers have gone down the tank around me.  Even restaurants.  We are tipping like $20-$25 on $30 takeout orders and still out of our multi-tude of takeout orders during this mess I think we've gotten ONE order that didn't have something major incorrect with our order.
Interesting that you and General Malaise feel so inconvenienced when people are risking their lives to keep shelves stocked and food delivered. Many people in many industries are refusing to work when they have they have the choice. Meat industry, medical facilities and other places are shutting down due to staffing concerns. This economy is not booming. The virus has not gone away its still there.

They also discovered virus in plasma which leronlimab reduces (positive) but has severely negative consequences for the blood supply.

Last edited by a moderator:
More interested in the conversation you had with 'Lill Sac.
Oh, it's a fun one. Our stay at home order expires 4/30 unless our Governor extends it. Lots of 14 year-olds planning what they're going to do on Friday when the order ends. I'm the mean parent who is saying just because (IF) the Governor says you can go out doesn't mean the Dictator who rules with an iron fist is going to allow it. That's a message that's really well-received.

On my phone so I won’t find the post but someone mentioned the top heavyweight stocks gaining 20% on the rest of the market since the crash. Well 5% or one quarter has gone away today if things hold. 80% of my holdings are up5% plus today with the big g and a both down. 

I think going forward rather than tvix I’ll use amnz as it crushes on down days

Interesting that you and General Malaise feel so inconvenienced when people are risking their lives to keep shelves stocked and food delivered. Many people in many industries are refusing to work when they have they have the choice. Meat industry, medical facilities and other places are shutting down due to staffing concerns. This economy is not booming. The virus has not gone away its still there.
I hear you.  I'm sorry if my rant seemed tone deaf.  Was an observation and an attempt at humor.  Will tread more lightly.

Filed the BLA

Dr. Bruce has a report coming out in 24 hrs

They (He) identified that it's not IL-6 that needs to be targeted in treatment of Covid, but Rantes (CCL5). Not sure the terminology is exactly correct there, but it's the high level summary. That's a good thing for CYDY (presumably), and they're the first ones to identify it.

They're laying the groundwork to uplist, so they can do so when they have the scratch to make it happen.

The whole thing screamed to me that they're a huge target to be taken out, but :shrug:
Can you flesh out the last line of this post more for me? 

Buy-out is usually great news for investors and would be a nice way to bring closure to the CYDY story. I have to say, though, for a stock that was under 30 cents just six months ago, I don't know what price comes with a buyout. Is it a $10 stock, or double or ten times that? I have no sense of that.

Can you flesh out the last line of this post more for me? 
They have a promising product and no significant cash holdings, cash flow, or sales.

There are tons of companies out there with tons of cash and so few good ideas that their best bet for returning value to shareholders is buying themselves. 

Someone might decide their best bet for using that cash is to acquire the promising product (and by extension the company that owns it) and throw a ton of resources at it.

Buy-out is usually great news for investors and would be a nice way to bring closure to the CYDY story. I have to say, though, for a stock that was under 30 cents just six months ago, I don't know what price comes with a buyout. Is it a $10 stock, or double or ten times that? I have no sense of that.
Usually. Agreed.

The problem is IF you think it's worth more than that $10, then getting that extra value is a tough get. 

They have a promising product and no significant cash holdings, cash flow, or sales.

There are tons of companies out there with tons of cash and so few good ideas that their best bet for returning value to shareholders is buying themselves. 

Someone might decide their best bet for using that cash is to acquire the promising product (and by extension the company that owns it) and throw a ton of resources at it.
probably a dumb question, but what happens to that specific stock when its bought out?  Does the buying company simply buy the stock from all the shareholders at some set price?  

I was late to the CYDY party, was in for a few hundred shares at $2.25. Just bought a chunk more at $3.52. Hope this keeps moving on up. Seems like this afternoon it keeps bumping against the 3.52, then pops up a bit again. 

It seems like every time I buy, Fidelity gives me a warning about selling before the funds settle.  I'm not really looking to day trade anyway but the quick gains would be nice. 
That’s why I keep cash on hand that grew hates so much. Also why I’ll move stocks on a consistent basis so I always have some set on cash to work with

They will walk your account for a few days if you do it too many timesThey will walk your account for a few days if you do it too many times
I've done it numerous times but never bought, sold, bought, sold with unsettled funds. It's been buy, sell, buy, hold for the time required. Does that count? I mean I've never had even a warning.

I've done it numerous times but never bought, sold, bought, sold with unsettled funds. It's been buy, sell, buy, hold for the time required. Does that count? I mean I've never had even a warning.
As far as I know two considerations:

Less important:  Being tagged as a day trader, which requires you keep I think $25k on hand for trading.

More important:  They will limit your trading capability if you buy/sell/buy/sell over your cash capacity.  Limit the number of in/outs you can make in a day.  I did this a while ago, was a nuisance but reminded me i was trading too much.  In order to avoid this you want a margin account.

Thats my neanderthal understanding.

I always hold my first batch Over night and then try to only trade up to 50% of white high on so I can go in and out of the same day and not trigger any day trading issuesOver night and then try to only trade up to 50% of white high on so I can go in and out of the same day and not trigger any day trading issues

As far as I know two considerations:

Less important:  Being tagged as a day trader, which requires you keep I think $25k on hand for trading.

More important:  They will limit your trading capability if you buy/sell/buy/sell over your cash capacity.  Limit the number of in/outs you can make in a day.  I did this a while ago, was a nuisance but reminded me i was trading too much.  In order to avoid this you want a margin account.

Thats my neanderthal understanding.
I'll buy that for a dollar.

Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread