What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (18 Viewers)

The whole Uranium sector looks poised to fly today on Cameco earnings and call. 

My other big holding, VIRT could fly too. Record earnings last quarter and they report in a week. 

Still have my SPXS which also ought to explode. 

I gave you guys 3 tranches to buy GOLD the other day. Getting that first tranche today. Sadly, I’m fully into my position, but if I was looking to get in, take a starter position at $25.

Pick your poison:

End of month buying earlier this week..... sell in may & go away......hit fib resistance.......profit taking....job losses finally affecting markets - realization that 30 million people have no $....gotta retest the lows....earnings season finishing up, only bad news to look forward to. 

Watching 2850.
I’ll take a trade war for 1,000 Alex. 

Experimental coronavirus treatment leronlimab resulted in 'remarkable recoveries,' developer says

https://www.foxnews.com/science/experimental-coronavirus-treatment-leronlimab-remarkable-recoveries-developer

Experimental coronavirus treatment leronlimab has delivered “strong results” in the treatment of COVID-19 patients, according to developer CytoDyn.

In a statement released Thursday, CytoDyn cited results from patients treated under the FDA’s Emergency Investigational New Drug (EIND) program. The majority of patients, it said, have had “remarkable recoveries.”

Leronlimab is a viral-entry inhibitor that has targeted HIV and breast cancer. The drug also has been attracting attention as a potential coronavirus treatment, particularly to quell the so-called “cytokine storm,” when COVID-19 has caused the immune system to go awry.

Some 49 COVID-19 patients have been treated with leronlimab under the program, according to CytoDyn’s statement, including 11 patients in a New York hospital. All of the treated patients were in intensive care because of acute respiratory failure and eight had been placed on mechanical ventilation. Some seven of the patients were organ transplant recipients so they were on immunosuppressive treatment and 10 were on dialysis. One patient was not placed on mechanical ventilation because of a history of lung cancer and lung surgery.

“Despite their pre-existing and severe conditions, we believe we were able to save the lives of four patients,” CytoDyn said. “All patient blood samples were evaluated and important powerful results from the effect of leronlimab were demonstrated in almost all of these patients.”

Some 23 patients were also treated at a Southern California hospital, six of whom were in critical condition, requiring ventilation, and 17 were severely ill, requiring oxygen support.

No death was reported, according to the biotech. “Out of 6 critical patients, all were intubated patients, 3 were extubated (taken off ventilator), 2 patients remain relatively stable and still breathing with the assistance of a ventilator and one patient has shown deterioration in respiratory parameters,” it said.

Of the 17 patients in severe, but not critical, condition, 11 showed respiratory improvement and 8 were discharged from hospital. The recovery of one patient, Samantha Mottet, has been described in a number of media reports. Of the other patients, two remain relatively stable, two were taken off a ventilator and one is on a ventilator, but improving, according to CytoDyn.

Additionally, three intensive care patients in a Georgia hospital were also treated with leronlimab, two of whom were taken off a ventilator. In its statement, CytoDyn said that one patient remains on a ventilator, but is improving.

A patient at another New York hospital was taken off oxygen and discharged from hospital after receiving treatment with leronlimab. CytoDyn also noted that a patient at a Northern California hospital is “now weaning from ventilator and transferred to rehabilitation hospital.”

The Vancouver, Washington-based company said that updates are pending for 10 other patients and five additional patients have been approved to receive leronlimab under the FDA EIND program.

“We believe these results, although anecdotal, are very impressive and the number of patients treated under eIND is rapidly increasing,” said CytoDyn CEO Nader Pourhassan, in the statement. “The enrollment for our Phase 2 double-blind and Phase 2b/3 trials is moving along rapidly and we believe the results from both studies will be very powerful due to the mechanism of action (MOA) of affecting the viral load and restoring the immune system.”

Earlier this week, CytoDyn released data from a small group of patients showing that the drug reduced the plasma viral load and restored the immune system of COVID-19 patients.

Leronlimab has been one of multiple drugs in the spotlight as the world scrambled to contain the coronavirus pandemic. Many experts, however, have warned that people should not take drugs unless a doctor prescribes them.

CytoDyn recently announced leronlimab had shown a “very promising” response in COVID-19 patients with mild-to-moderate symptoms.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Cos, but my daytrading days are behind me, it’s a losing game in the long run.

I’m just looking into things I’m going to buy into weakness that I want to own for a long time.

Might start a position in TWTR. Debating this one.

I agree with Cos, but my daytrading days are behind me, it’s a losing game in the long run.

I’m just looking into things I’m going to buy into weakness that I want to own for a long time.

Might start a position in TWTR. Debating this one.
I can’t remember the last time I did a same day in and out and somehow this past month has been overwhelmingly good for my stocks so let’s goooooooooooooo

be very careful. I would not recommend it you are not fully aware of the danger. I lost 30K on this stock a few years back
You recommending TVIX over it for playing the market down?  I've been using it as a hedge when my cash supply is running low.

Because I have a very obvious conflict of interest, I have been very hesitant to say anything negative about Remdesivir.  I don't want to be seen as a person  bashing a competing treatment because I am only interested in my solution working.  That couldn't be farther from the truth--I want someone to figure out this virus/disease.

All of the above being said, I can't help but be outraged at this situation.  I apologize if this enters the politics realm, and if so, mods delete and I will repost over there.

Here's a good explanation why Gilead has been getting so much enthusiasm from the White House. 

Joe Grogan just announced his resignation as the head of Trump's Domestic Policy Council. He spent 11 years working as a lobbyist for Gilead. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-grogan-to-resign-as-top-white-house-domestic-policy-adviser-11588204403

I mentioned it earlier in this thread that I felt like Fauci’s enthusiasm for Remdesevir seemed forced—so I told my buddy about it.  My buddy is a dentist—but I’m not lying when I say that he’s legit one of the smartest people that I have ever met. Dude is legit genius level.  

He’s been doing some research—and he basically gave me his thoughts on how covid came to be and the link to remdesivir—and pointed me down the path of research. I’m not talking Alex jones or conspiracy theory type of stuff—I’m talking legit published scientific research papers from years ago with ties and connections that are peculiar at best. I don’t want to post stuff here as I’m still digging through some documents and research that is online-and am connecting the dots —and I also don’t want to sound like one of those conspiracy theorists—but let’s just say that so far— there seems to be a reason why our government seems to be in love with Remdesivir in my opinion. 

I mentioned it earlier in this thread that I felt like Fauci’s enthusiasm for Remdesevir seemed forced—so I told my buddy about it.  My buddy is a dentist—but I’m not lying when I say that he’s legit one of the smartest people that I have ever met. Dude is legit genius level.  

He’s been doing some research—and he basically gave me his thoughts on how covid came to be and the link to remdesivir—and pointed me down the path of research. I’m not talking Alex jones or conspiracy theory type of stuff—I’m talking legit published scientific research papers from years ago with ties and connections that are peculiar at best. I don’t want to post stuff here as I’m still digging through some documents and research that is online-and am connecting the dots —and I also don’t want to sound like one of those conspiracy theorists—but let’s just say that so far— there seems to be a reason why our government seems to be in love with Remdesivir in my opinion. 
Have no doubt that politics were involved with why one drug is being touted over others in DC.  

I knew it was a good level to look for entry, and you’ll get your shot, but looks like a lot of buyers were already there at that level.

ETA: $25.16 to $26 in 5 minutes

Is SPXS a good way to invest if I think the S & P is going down?  I'm not risking any real money, just playing around with small volume stuff for fun.

That's all well and good and what most people should be doing, but your balance in 2037 could be vastly impacted by when you buy.
That’s why I’m taking a long term DCA approach. I’m pretty confident another shoe will drop hard on this market, but buying equally small increments over 52 weeks, I’m averaging for the 2020-2021 price for 2030-2031 sell.

Except GOLD, I’m all in there.

I can’t remember the last time I did a same day in and out and somehow this past month has been overwhelmingly good for my stocks so let’s goooooooooooooo
I shifted about 80% of what I would consider my short term funds into longs.  If/when another downturn comes I'll be shifting even more to longs.  

I shifted about 80% of what I would consider my short term funds into longs.  If/when another downturn comes I'll be shifting even more to longs.  
Same.

I left a little play money (CYDY :)  ) but picked up JPM, MRO and PFE for some holds.

Getting taken to the woodshed today with AMZN although I was way up on S&P yesterday because it ran way up. My cost basis was $0 or $17-1800 for capital gains so we’ll be Ok.

I am biding my time with my cash though looking for some opportunities. I do think we’ll see some more down day but who knows. Amazon’s earnings weren’t all bad, I mean they did beat revenue estimates by $2 billion. Lol, imagine getting whacked for spending more on CV but at the same time falling into an extra $2 billion in sales. That’s not a small beat.

Getting taken to the woodshed today with AMZN although I was way up on S&P yesterday because it ran way up. My cost basis was $0 or $17-1800 for capital gains so we’ll be Ok.

I am biding my time with my cash though looking for some opportunities. I do think we’ll see some more down day but who knows. Amazon’s earnings weren’t all bad, I mean they did beat revenue estimates by $2 billion. Lol, imagine getting whacked for spending more on CV but at the same time falling into an extra $2 billion in sales. That’s not a small beat.
People expect so much out of AMZ and their price is so high that they will get whacked for anything even vaguely resembling bad news. 

Good luck. Their juice has always been too high for serious gamblers and with the newly added added financial burden most all states are about to face, I would be stunned if the states themselves don't take over all sports betting. All they would have to do is charge a regular bookie juice and they'd undercut Draft Kings too much for them to prosper.
Or they could just make using Draft Kings illegal in their state and do it themselves. 

People expect so much out of AMZ and their price is so high that they will get whacked for anything even vaguely resembling bad news. 
Yep, but getting whacked and still being at $2300 is way more than I’d have expected only a few weeks ago. Because I have more than most and didn’t really “pay” for it, I’d be happy to sell at this level for a couple years. More upside post CV is icing on the cake. I think this is going to be like one day delivery where it’s just making them stronger for the long term and able to deal with disruptions that would cripple competitors.

Users who are viewing this thread