What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (12 Viewers)

Great day to buy airlines if you were waiting for that retest of the industry lows. Down 10% at pre-market open.

I spent much of the weekend on the phone and online trying to figure out WTF Nader was doing regarding the S3 and 144 filings that showed him registering and selling (or preparing to sell) ~6.8MM of his ~8.7MM shares. I admit frustration and anger at his actions and didn’t really achieve clarity as to his intentions until Sunday afternoon. I take issue with his method (he should have filed an 8K (disclosure statement) and talked about his actions on Friday’s call) but I will say that financing the payment to Samsung with the proceeds of the stock sales is one of the most selfless acts I have witnessed by a CEO. 

Well done Nader, and once again, anyone lying about this company to make money on the short side should be ashamed. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching BBC this morning, lots of US rhetoric blaming China for pandemic and threatening reparations and more.

This isn't going to help the market, I don't think

TVIX up another $15 in pre-market

Did the same Friday and struggled to get back there all day after open, so I sold 50 in case that happens again.

Not true. 2.92 euro ~=$3.19. 

doesn’t mean that CYDY can’t go down today, it just means that the current price in Germany is roughly equal to Friday’s closing price here. 
Good catch. I didn’t realize the conversion would bump it that high. I saw the 2 to start and add .20 quick (10%) and got a little less. Should have added .30. It’s still too early.

FDA approves 54 Emergency INDs for Leronlimab treatment of coronavirus

Nader Pourhassan, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of CytoDyn said, “We are very excited about the continuing positive responses from eIND patients following their treatment with leronlimab. We are equally excited about the prospects for patients should the FDA grant access to leronlimab under the compassionate use program. During this past Saturday, we had to overcome many obstacles for two patients who desperately wanted leronlimab. One patient was in the same hospital that enrolled the first 11 patients and the second was a VIP patient in Los Angeles. Under the compassionate use program, we could avoid and quickly overcome this type of stress and turmoil which was very difficult for the patients, their families, the physicians, and CytoDyn.  The daughter of a patient who was on a machine used for severe heart and lung failure contacted us directly and expressed her immense gratitude believing leronlimab saved her mother’s life. These are amazing times for us at CytoDyn; with the opportunity to wake up every day with the potential of saving somebody’s life.
Wonder who the VIP patient is in LA...  

Anybody buying ALL ahead of earnings? Still about 20% from its February high, and with less auto claims they should have a good earnings report tomorrow.

Maybe.  I mean, tvix always seems easy looking backwards. It’s easy to lose alot with it as well. Most people that get burnt by it don’t come in here and parade it around so you only see the wins. 
I know what you are saying, but I would have invested a chunk into it the same day I moved all of my 403b into a money market account.  

I would have probably 10x my money.

It would have been the biggest uneducated windfall of my life.

I'll paste the preview here so you dont have to give this guy any clicks.  CYDY showing an open 5-10% down.

While Nader Pourhassan, the chief executive of drug maker CytoDyn, filed his intention to sell nearly $17 million of his company’s shares last Thursday, he was simultaneously pitching the same CytoDyn stock to outside investors, claiming its lead drug is saving the lives of patients with Covid-19.

Pourhassan’s plan to sell more than 4.8 million shares, disclosed in an SEC filing on Friday, amounts to more than half of his ownership stake in CytoDyn. The timing of the sale is troubling and should concern, even anger, any investor who’s bought CytoDyn stock based on Pourhassan’s coronavirus marketing pitch.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/05/04/without-showing-any-data-cytodyn-touts-treatment-for-covid-19-as-winner-while-its-ceo-sells-stock/

I did and totally forgot about it.  :wall:    Rare events like this are the only time you should ever mess with it.
I had followed it only because of this thread. I was hesitant to sell off in February because all the gains I had were short term and with my wife and I working that’s a big tax haircut. Back to where I was, mainly due to moving cash into some other stocks at the bottom and CYDY/AMZN. That said, I wish I looked back at what it did in 2008. Would have been a pretty easy way to use cash to hedge and probably make it rain! I’m getting close enough to retirement that I think more about it than my career so I don’t know if I’ll ever have another chance but I’ll keep following in here to jump in on the next crisis.

I spent much of the weekend on the phone and online trying to figure out WTF Nader was doing regarding the S3 and 144 filings that showed him registering and selling (or preparing to sell) ~6.8MM of his ~8.7MM shares. I admit frustration and anger at his actions and didn’t really achieve clarity as to his intentions until Sunday afternoon. I take issue with his method (he should have filed an 8K (disclosure statement) and talked about his actions on Friday’s call) but I will say that financing the payment to Samsung with the proceeds of the stock sales is one of the most selfless acts I have witnessed by a CEO. 

Well done Nader, and once again, anyone lying about this company to make money on the short side should be ashamed. 
Well appreciate the update and you sharing in my frustrations. Perhaps as a bond investor, I'm too used to management screwing investors over but I am still a little skeptical because as you say, I'e never seen anyone do anything that selfless. I mean maybe he took some proverbial chips off the table at the same time which I'd probably find more believable. Helps pay the bills but maybe locks in a 6 or low 7 figure pay day at the same time. Perhaps it is just another move by management who doesn't understand how this stuff would seem to the market. 

I'll paste the preview here so you dont have to give this guy any clicks.  CYDY showing an open 5-10% down.

While Nader Pourhassan, the chief executive of drug maker CytoDyn, filed his intention to sell nearly $17 million of his company’s shares last Thursday, he was simultaneously pitching the same CytoDyn stock to outside investors, claiming its lead drug is saving the lives of patients with Covid-19.

Pourhassan’s plan to sell more than 4.8 million shares, disclosed in an SEC filing on Friday, amounts to more than half of his ownership stake in CytoDyn. The timing of the sale is troubling and should concern, even anger, any investor who’s bought CytoDyn stock based on Pourhassan’s coronavirus marketing pitch.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/05/04/without-showing-any-data-cytodyn-touts-treatment-for-covid-19-as-winner-while-its-ceo-sells-stock/
This story seems to have gained some traction on twitter, saw it shared by a few different journalists this morning.

What could go wrong?

CNBC Now @CNBCnow

JUST IN: Carnival Cruise Line says it will begin to phase-in cruises again starting August 1 with eight of its ships leaving from Miami, Port Canaveral and Galveston.

Cydy wait 
Really should have lightened my load last week over 3.50 multiple times. Oh well, been doing this a bunch the past few weeks. I sort of believe chet but man this is the type of news that the shorts and explode on. The statnews guy is in bed with people betting on these stocks, but this type of news is like gasoline on the fire.

I will add that my total cost basis is about 1.7 across my two accounts so still firmly in the green, just had that feeling last week to play with house money. Oh well, Amazon and CYDY had gotten me above peak and now they are kicking my ### but still handing me some money while they are at it.

Sorry to anyway that got scared off CYDY with that early drop.  But man, I f'n loved that!  Just seemed so predictable with some of the reports over the weekend, and at some point the buyers would push back hard.  Kept lowering my limit on the way down.  Could see the action starting to shift to buyers as it danced below 2.60 and seemed like the right time to lock in.  

Users who are viewing this thread