What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (23 Viewers)

Congrats. I don’t think your type of trades are wise for most of us. I have one account that is 100% of my retirement fund. 15% is my max allocation in one place. I have to fight and claw to make a gain on the market. I have no problem taking gains to move into something else. Up about 40% this year without any huge exposure 
That's a huge number. I guess I was lucky/prescient in load up on TVIX when I started really tracking COVID in Feb/Mar and then tailed Chet with a lot of the proceeds. 

Sounds like an upgrade to me :coffee:  
We really need gun duels to be a legal thing...

Nope.  Sand went to Clemson, lives in Arkansas.  It was a joke about his kids having to go to Bama rather than Clemson (cheaper tuition) because he bought into Disney to high.  I'm trying to prevent him from having to live with that.
Some things are way beyond monetary concern.  Not having to listen to a kid say "Roll Tide" for the rest of my life is worth $$$.

We really need gun duels to be a legal thing...

Some things are way beyond monetary concern.  Not having to listen to a kid say "Roll Tide" for the rest of my life is worth $$$.
That’s why I’m trying to get you in Disney in the 90s

Reminder that bank stress tests results are after the close tomorrow. Could be some volatility if GS Research is correct on this, but who knows how politics will play into the Fed's decision:

Over the past three months, the options market has priced in 40% lower average 2021 dividends across large cap banks, and consensus is forecasting 11% lower dividends for the top 7 banks relative to the beginning of the year, which we believe is related to investor concerns for higher capital requirements in 2020 CCAR that could force banks to cut dividends (Exhibit 8, Exhibit 10). In our view, bank capital levels remain sufficient, especially in light of higher near-term earnings guidance, and should reassure investors that, aside from at WFC, bank dividends are likely not at risk.

Reminder that bank stress tests results are after the close tomorrow. Could be some volatility if GS Research is correct on this, but who knows how politics will play into the Fed's decision:

Over the past three months, the options market has priced in 40% lower average 2021 dividends across large cap banks, and consensus is forecasting 11% lower dividends for the top 7 banks relative to the beginning of the year, which we believe is related to investor concerns for higher capital requirements in 2020 CCAR that could force banks to cut dividends (Exhibit 8, Exhibit 10). In our view, bank capital levels remain sufficient, especially in light of higher near-term earnings guidance, and should reassure investors that, aside from at WFC, bank dividends are likely not at risk.
If the results aren't great, I expect 2800ish S&P Friday

So for those of you with any sort of significant amount of CYDY and low cost basis, did you add any more today?  Do you plan to add more?

Last edited by a moderator:
CytoDyn Inc (OTCMKTS:CYDY) Makes Waves in the NASH Space
By James Hudson - June 24, 2020
SHAREFacebook Twitter  

CytoDyn Inc (OTCMKTS:CYDY) just announced initiation of the Company’s Phase 2 clinical trial for the treatment of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). The Phase 2 trial is designed to test whether leronlimab may control the devastating liver fibrosis associated with NASH.

As previously reported, the Company’s preclinical study demonstrated strong positive data highlighting the potential of leronlimab in treating nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), a common precursor to nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). These data, along with previous findings showing that leronlimab inhibits liver fibrosis, suggests the potential of leronlimab to control both the early and late stages of NASH.

CytoDyn Inc (OTCMKTS:CYDY) promulgates itself as a late-stage biotechnology company that focuses on the clinical development and commercialization of humanized monoclonal antibodies to treat human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection.

Its lead product is PRO 140, a therapeutic anti-viral agent, which is in Phase IIb extension study for HIV as monotherapy, rollover study for HIV as a combination therapy, Phase IIb/III investigative trial for HIV, Phase Ib/II trial for triple-negative breast cancer, and Phase II trial for graft-versus-host disease.

CytoDyn Inc. has strategic agreement with Samsung BioLogics Co. Ltd. for the clinical and commercial manufacturing of leronlimab. The company was formerly known as RexRay Corporation. CytoDyn Inc. was incorporated in 2002 and is based in Vancouver, Washington.

According to company materials, “CytoDyn is a biotechnology company developing innovative treatments for multiple therapeutic indications based on leronlimab, a novel humanized monoclonal antibody targeting the CCR5 receptor. CCR5 appears to play a key role in the ability of HIV to enter and infect healthy T-cells.  The CCR5 receptor also appears to be implicated in tumor metastasis and in immune-mediated illnesses, such as GvHD and NASH. CytoDyn has successfully completed a Phase 3 pivotal trial with leronlimab in combination with standard anti-retroviral therapies in HIV-infected treatment-experienced patients. CytoDyn plans to seek FDA approval for leronlimab in combination therapy and plans to complete the filing of a Biologics License Application (BLA) in 2019 for that indication. CytoDyn is also conducting a Phase 3 investigative trial with leronlimab (PRO 140) as a once-weekly monotherapy for HIV-infected patients and, plans to initiate a registration-directed study of leronlimab monotherapy indication, which if successful, could support a label extension. Clinical results to date from multiple trials have shown that leronlimab (PRO 140) can significantly reduce viral burden in people infected with HIV with no reported drug-related serious adverse events (SAEs). Moreover, results from a Phase 2b clinical trial demonstrated that leronlimab monotherapy can prevent viral escape in HIV-infected patients, with some patients on leronlimab monotherapy remaining virally suppressed for more than five years. CytoDyn is also conducting a Phase 2 trial to evaluate leronlimab for the prevention of GvHD and a Phase 1b/2 clinical trial with leronlimab in metastatic triple-negative breast cancer.”

As noted above, CYDY just announced initiation of the Company’s Phase 2 clinical trial for the treatment of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH).

Recent action has seen 46% tacked on to share pricing for the name in the past week. Furthermore, the stock has seen a growing influx of trading interest, with the stock’s recent average trading volume running 10% over what the stock has registered over the longer term.

Nader Pourhassan, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of CytoDyn, commented, “We are excited to continue to advance the evaluation of leronlimab for a potential therapeutic benefit for NASH, a disease with an increasing prevalence in the U.S.  Our strategic plan to execute a multi-pathway approach to exploring all potential benefits of leronlimab has led to cancer, COVID-19 and now potentially NASH, along with other immunologic indications.”

Earning a current market cap value of $2.3B, CYDY has a significant war chest ($7.1M) of cash on the books, which compares with about $41M in total current liabilities. One should also note that debt has been growing over recent quarters. The company is pre-revenue at this point. We will update the story again soon as further details emerge.

NOTE: New clinical trials showing effectiveness in curing old age and death.

CytoDyn Inc (OTCMKTS:CYDY) Makes Waves in the NASH Space
By James Hudson - June 24, 2020
SHAREFacebook Twitter  

CytoDyn Inc (OTCMKTS:CYDY) just announced initiation of the Company’s Phase 2 clinical trial for the treatment of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). The Phase 2 trial is designed to test whether leronlimab may control the devastating liver fibrosis associated with NASH.

As previously reported, the Company’s preclinical study demonstrated strong positive data highlighting the potential of leronlimab in treating nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), a common precursor to nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). These data, along with previous findings showing that leronlimab inhibits liver fibrosis, suggests the potential of leronlimab to control both the early and late stages of NASH.

CytoDyn Inc (OTCMKTS:CYDY) promulgates itself as a late-stage biotechnology company that focuses on the clinical development and commercialization of humanized monoclonal antibodies to treat human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection.

Its lead product is PRO 140, a therapeutic anti-viral agent, which is in Phase IIb extension study for HIV as monotherapy, rollover study for HIV as a combination therapy, Phase IIb/III investigative trial for HIV, Phase Ib/II trial for triple-negative breast cancer, and Phase II trial for graft-versus-host disease.

CytoDyn Inc. has strategic agreement with Samsung BioLogics Co. Ltd. for the clinical and commercial manufacturing of leronlimab. The company was formerly known as RexRay Corporation. CytoDyn Inc. was incorporated in 2002 and is based in Vancouver, Washington.

According to company materials, “CytoDyn is a biotechnology company developing innovative treatments for multiple therapeutic indications based on leronlimab, a novel humanized monoclonal antibody targeting the CCR5 receptor. CCR5 appears to play a key role in the ability of HIV to enter and infect healthy T-cells.  The CCR5 receptor also appears to be implicated in tumor metastasis and in immune-mediated illnesses, such as GvHD and NASH. CytoDyn has successfully completed a Phase 3 pivotal trial with leronlimab in combination with standard anti-retroviral therapies in HIV-infected treatment-experienced patients. CytoDyn plans to seek FDA approval for leronlimab in combination therapy and plans to complete the filing of a Biologics License Application (BLA) in 2019 for that indication. CytoDyn is also conducting a Phase 3 investigative trial with leronlimab (PRO 140) as a once-weekly monotherapy for HIV-infected patients and, plans to initiate a registration-directed study of leronlimab monotherapy indication, which if successful, could support a label extension. Clinical results to date from multiple trials have shown that leronlimab (PRO 140) can significantly reduce viral burden in people infected with HIV with no reported drug-related serious adverse events (SAEs). Moreover, results from a Phase 2b clinical trial demonstrated that leronlimab monotherapy can prevent viral escape in HIV-infected patients, with some patients on leronlimab monotherapy remaining virally suppressed for more than five years. CytoDyn is also conducting a Phase 2 trial to evaluate leronlimab for the prevention of GvHD and a Phase 1b/2 clinical trial with leronlimab in metastatic triple-negative breast cancer.”

As noted above, CYDY just announced initiation of the Company’s Phase 2 clinical trial for the treatment of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH).

Recent action has seen 46% tacked on to share pricing for the name in the past week. Furthermore, the stock has seen a growing influx of trading interest, with the stock’s recent average trading volume running 10% over what the stock has registered over the longer term.

Nader Pourhassan, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of CytoDyn, commented, “We are excited to continue to advance the evaluation of leronlimab for a potential therapeutic benefit for NASH, a disease with an increasing prevalence in the U.S.  Our strategic plan to execute a multi-pathway approach to exploring all potential benefits of leronlimab has led to cancer, COVID-19 and now potentially NASH, along with other immunologic indications.”

Earning a current market cap value of $2.3B, CYDY has a significant war chest ($7.1M) of cash on the books, which compares with about $41M in total current liabilities. One should also note that debt has been growing over recent quarters. The company is pre-revenue at this point. We will update the story again soon as further details emerge.

NOTE: New clinical trials showing effectiveness in curing old age and death.
What’s left other than penis enhancement 

I do have a small issue with the current run up since last Friday. I’ve been celebrating after the big days and have been hungover all week. I have a monthly CG golf tourney tomorrow, gonna be one hungover SOB as I can’t change routine now :banned:  

As always, the answer isn't as obvious and usually a combination of those factors and others. A lot of the re-balancing happens later in the day so that is why you'll see some late day sell-offs. Like that is what I'd say the 50 bps sell-off in the SPY was towards the end of the day and recouped 25 bps of that in AH trading. But could have some rebalancing throughout the day. Folks could be getting ahead of this selling. Coupled with negative headlines out. Sentiment appears pretty meh. Where is the incremental buyer to take this higher? Folks point to HFs and money on the side but no indication they're going to chase. Likewise, put/calls and retail folks appear pretty fully invested. Pensions and the like aren't likely to be buyers given the rebalancing. Buybacks seemed to be driving the markets the past few years and I'd be those are on pause although some smart firms that can get away with it are likely doing them. Stonks only go up when folks have money to invest. 
Oh and CNBC now saying some of it is Biden. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/24/bidens-big-lead-in-the-polls-could-be-partly-behind-markets-drop-and-may-lead-to-more-weakness.html

The problem with this market which is pure sentiment and technical driven, it doesn't take much for it to turnover. Sentiment is a fickle thing. Everyone seems to be buying, figuring the guy behind them will buy and push the stock up. Once that circular reference (i.e. House of Cards) stops spinning, things go down. I'm not saying we're going to 2,700 but I think you'll drive yourself crazy looking to make sense of every move. I've honestly been trying to follow more technical stuff (like gamma, option expiry, pension fund rebalancing) since fundamentals don't matter and I'm looking to avoid massive moves one way or the other. But seems pretty irrational for the market to start freaking out over Biden compared to one or two weeks ago.

If the results aren't great, I expect 2800ish S&P Friday
Honestly I'd look at that as a good thing for me personally who is still heavy on cash.  Got a good chunk of 2020's 401K funds sitting in the money market that only arrived in the past 5-6 weeks to the account.

Honestly I'd look at that as a good thing for me personally who is still heavy on cash.  Got a good chunk of 2020's 401K funds sitting in the money market that only arrived in the past 5-6 weeks to the account.
That's where we were five weeks ago. Why is anyone taking the possibility off the table now? 

So for those of you with any sort of significant amount of CYDY and low cost basis, did you add any more today?  Do you plan to add more?
No more for me, would add too much more incremental risk...by not taking any off the table that’s big enough for me

I really want to but haven't pulled the trigger. Likely will just stick with the shares I have unless a wave of FOMO crashes over me. 
Agreed.  I have 3k @ an .88 average.  Would have to outlay more then I’m comfortable with to significantly increase my position at this time   Just gonna stick and hold.   $30 or bust!   

I have essentially doubled my cost basis in the past week. Definitely some FOMO. But I'll probably have a very tight stop loss for my recent shares. Honestly, probably something like 5-10%. Just as this could go parabolic, could easily see it drop back to $3. 

Question:

I have a stock exchange program that I participate in my for my company. I currently have about 550 shares in my company and will be purchasing more (at 15% off) at the end of June. I have accumulated the first 550 shares over the last ~5 plus years and most of them are owned for more than 1 year.

In order to further diversify into some other stocks, I am trying to understand the tax implications - what sort of tax hit I would be taking IF I sold the shares I purchase next week to then purchase additional stocks?

Example: If the stock is $100.00, I will be able to purchase for $85.00. Let's say I am able to buy 10 shares for $850.00 and then dump back into the market for $1,000.00. For my taxes next year, would I get taxed at 15% or 35% AND would that be on the $150.00 profit or would there be any other tax hit I need to account for?

Another question - If I were to sell the 550 stocks mentioned above and cash out on my earnings, would I be taxed at 15% for each of them or do I have to have had each share opened for at least a year? Not sure if/when I'd get taxed at 35% vs. 15%.

In any case, considering this option in early July to make some additional purchases, but want to make sure I understand how much in taxes I will have to account for in 2021.

If you buy and sell the same shares within the year, you will be taxed at the same rate as your income tax.  If you were to sell some of the older shares that you have owned longer than a year, you will pay capital gains of 15% on the difference between what you sold it at and what you bought it at (assuming the stock increased in value here).  So taxes are not just limited to the spread between buy and sell prices.  

If you buy and sell the same shares within the year, you will be taxed at the same rate as your income tax.  If you were to sell some of the older shares that you have owned longer than a year, you will pay capital gains of 15% on the difference between what you sold it at and what you bought it at (assuming the stock increased in value here).  So taxes are not just limited to the spread between buy and sell prices.  
Thank you for the explanation.

Question - If I were to sell some of the 550 stocks I own (again, most of them have been bought over a year ago), I would be taxed in 2021 at 15% of the earnings for those. 

How do I specifically sell these stocks vs. some that I have not had for more than a 1 year? 

The Roth IRA has none of these concerns. Max it out. Every year. One of my big regrets only doing that a few times.

I think market rebound was on belief of v-shape recovery and worst of Covid behind us.  Numbers on Covid look like a V but in the wrong way as we have not flattened the curve.  I think good chance later this week we hit an all-time high for single day new covid cases.
Well that was quick. According to worldometers, today the US had the most reported cases of any day yet. 

Nope.  Sand went to Clemson, lives in Arkansas.  It was a joke about his kids having to go to Bama rather than Clemson (cheaper tuition) because he bought into Disney to high.  I'm trying to prevent him from having to live with that.
:shrug: my kids can go to West point or the AFA instead. 

The Roth IRA has none of these concerns. Max it out. Every year. One of my big regrets only doing that a few times.
My only regret on this front right now is setting my Roth IRA and my wife's Roth IRA to not be the trading accounts. 

But that has a lot more to do with purpose than tax planning.

That's where we were five weeks ago. Why is anyone taking the possibility off the table now? 
Honestly, I'm just taking the rest of 2020 as whatever will be will be. 

Trying to make some money in the trading account, leaving the rest alone. 

I've done very few  options and this was by far the most I've spent on one. 10 contracts at 4.90. Already pushing $6 today.

PUT (DIS) DISNEY WALT CO SEP 18 20 $105
I’m too deep in MGM and PENN puts but REALLY wanted to short the crap out of Cruise stocks and Disney. Good on ya. 

I’m too deep in MGM and PENN puts but REALLY wanted to short the crap out of Cruise stocks and Disney. Good on ya. 
I just went green on my cruise shorts. Still under water on my airline shorts. They weren't as big as my PENN short, which at this point is driving my account. 

ETA: Also missed BA. That probably still has some room to fall. That's been another reopen trade. If it's customers of its non-defense business are in trouble, then BA will struggle. That thing could probably trade down to $125/$150 again. 

My only regret is not getting in on CYDY early @chet advised 
I was just thinking to myself how much I would have if I called Vanguard the first time I tried to buy and they wouldn’t let me when it was at $.35 or whatever it was instead of $1.30 which called and got approval for which I am still very grateful for this awesome lead. I got in for a couple thousand shares, wish I had bigger stones. As this plays out I want to hear some of the stories of what the guys are buying that went big. If Chet wasn’t retired before he sure can now. 

So anything above 105 would be profit?

*Below. Put means he has the right to sell at $105. Given he paid $4.90 break-even would be ~100 bucks.
 It’s a common misconception that for this put to be worthwhile, the stock price has to drop below 105. That would be the case in September, but the value of the put goes up when the stock goes down as it did today and likely tomorrow. As the original poster mentioned, the value of the put has increased over 20% already. The value comes from the time that is still left on the put, and in the stock moving in the right direction preferably very quickly. Nice play on DIS. Might be a good time to sell it on Thursday. 

I have  DIS, AAL, MAR, DKNG, HAL & MRO puts

I will be adding a cruise line soon. Will also look hard at MGM. 
I’d probably look close at PENN than MGM. It’s not that far off its 52WH and was pumped way higher than it should have been by Portnoy. I think it’s got the potential for a larger % drop than MGM. 

I was targeting $12 on MGM and $20ish on PENN.  Figuring out when to sell my puts is going to be the hard part. 

It’s a common misconception that for this put to be worthwhile, the stock price has to drop below 105. That would be the case in September, but the value of the put goes up when the stock goes down as it did today and likely tomorrow. As the original poster mentioned, the value of the put has increased over 20% already. The value comes from the time that is still left on the put, and in the stock moving in the right direction preferably very quickly. Nice play on DIS. Might be a good time to sell it on Thursday. 
:thumbup:  Thanks for the extra clarity. Before long we'll be talking the greeks. 

Users who are viewing this thread