Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

36 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

syf lagging dfs by 1% if anyone want to pick up some easy cash.

I just dumped my NCLH for a small loss (still have a bunch of CCL I'm going to hold) and piled into more DFS.  Long term I like it a lot and this is a good dip.

• Replies 56.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fantasycurse42

• BassNBrew

• stbugs

• cosjobs

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

Good morning.   Value/dividend picks today for those seeking current income, and some long term moderate growth. These stocks are highly defensive.    MDU EXC VZ GIS

Today feels different.  Florida releasing record covid numbers, California and Los Angeles releasing record covid numbers (and keep in mind the amount of testing in Los Angeles has not been increasing in recent weeks), Texas not looking good, Arizona blowing up.   The government just pulled funding from Federal covid testing--7 of the 13 federal sites are in Texas (they claim they will divert the funds to local testing--but I don't think people are really buying that--including Ted Cruz).  It looks like our administration is trying to do what it can to sweep covid under the rug and the markets are seeing through it.  Vegas with a big covid spike.  With that said--I'm having a hard time figuring out if today is a product of bad headlines, profit taking or a realization that our economic reality is going to be challenging for a while as long as this virus is around.   I think it's most likely a combination of all three of these things--which worries me as I don't think these three dynamics are going to disappear anytime really soon.  

1 hour ago, GoBirds said:

I think at this point we can call it, CYDY the best think to come from 2020. Probably the only good thing. 

It would truly be awesome to see it work amazingly well. Purely on a human level. If it does that the stock will handle itself. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

Today feels different.  Florida releasing record covid numbers, California and Los Angeles releasing record covid numbers (and keep in mind the amount of testing in Los Angeles has not been increasing in recent weeks), Texas not looking good, Arizona blowing up.   The government just pulled funding from Federal covid testing--7 of the 13 federal sites are in Texas (they claim they will divert the funds to local testing--but I don't think people are really buying that--including Ted Cruz).  It looks like our administration is trying to do what it can to sweep covid under the rug and the markets are seeing through it.  Vegas with a big covid spike.  With that said--I'm having a hard time figuring out if today is a product of bad headlines, profit taking or a realization that our economic reality is going to be challenging for a while as long as this virus is around.   I think it's most likely a combination of all three of these things--which worries me as I don't think these three dynamics are going to disappear anytime really soon.  

I think market rebound was on belief of v-shape recovery and worst of Covid behind us.  Numbers on Covid look like a V but in the wrong way as we have not flattened the curve.  I think good chance later this week we hit an all-time high for single day new covid cases.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, caustic said:

So here's a contrarian take: The Fed is Not Juicing the Stock Market

The main argument is that banks are hoarding cash and there is not actually an abundance of money sloshing around in the economy right now. The Fed's main role in this rally has been simply assuring people that they will do whatever it takes. 

I think there are some bank guys in here ( @Slapdash ?), curious to hear what your thoughts are.

Does that mean we get the 8 trillion back?

4 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Well @Todem nailed it on Disney.  Looking forward to buying in the 90s again shortly.  I hope most of you took his advice and exited.

I have this in my kid's accounts.  If it does dip I'll buy more.  Right now they're about even, so in a good spot with previous purchases.  In 10 years this one is going to be a big winner.

Just now, Sand said:

I have this in my kid's accounts.  If it does dip I'll buy more.  Right now they're about even, so in a good spot with previous purchases.  In 10 years this one is going to be a big winner.

Entering 15-20% lower will make a big winner and HUGE winner.  Maybe the difference between Bama and Clemson.

• Laughing 1
2 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Entering 15-20% lower will make a big winner and HUGE winner.  Maybe the difference between Bama and Clemson.

I'll add, for sure.  I'm not going to sell the bits that they've got, though.  This market is bouncing around like a superball.

Oh, and to put in terms this thread can understand - Bama = CCL, Clemson = CYDY.

Edited by Sand
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Well @Todem nailed it on Disney.  Looking forward to buying in the 90s again shortly.  I hope most of you took his advice and exited.

Kept a little in my buy and hold account.

I'll load up elsewhere if it falls to 90s

3 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

So, historically dominant vs a few good years.

On 3/18/2020 at 9:02 PM, St. Louis Bob said:

I called my FA today with instruction to buy.  I'm humble bragging here but this is what he said to me:

Bob, you are my only client that has been consistently taking a some off the table. Now you're the only one telling me to buy.

Then he started telling me a lot of thing about a lot of other clients letting off steam.

:bowtie:

We all might die though so WTF. :shrug:

Up over 20% YTD, combined, in all portfolios.   Sold a lot today so that I only have roughly 55% in stocks.

@chet  Thanks again for the CYDY, tip.  Wish you would have told me to put every last penny I had in it though. ;)

GL all

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, fantasycurse42 said:

CYDY all I have left in the green. Company stock hammered, portfolio hammered, and the yellow rock is falling... Prob going to avoid looking at anything else for the rest of the day. 

Definitely getting hammered

Would not have guess Kroger would be my 2nd best holding today

1 hour ago, caustic said:

So here's a contrarian take: The Fed is Not Juicing the Stock Market

The main argument is that banks are hoarding cash and there is not actually an abundance of money sloshing around in the economy right now. The Fed's main role in this rally has been simply assuring people that they will do whatever it takes. 

I think there are some bank guys in here ( @Slapdash ?), curious to hear what your thoughts are.

I mean this probably ins't the place for it. Didn't we used to have a Fed topic? I remember being educated by Slapdash and folks on the theory of the Fed there. But it is never that simple. It's actually amazing how interconnected the whole system is. I don't think it's as easy as the market is up $3T since the Fed injected $3T or that bank reserves are up $3T so it's all there. I'm convinced only a few hundred people in the world understand how it all works and I'm not one of them. 

But how much of the deposits are from borrowers who borrowed hundreds of billions but have no use for the cash yet? Also have deposits from folks who are getting paid or stimulus but have no where to spend it. Those deposits aren't sticky so would make sense for banks not to lend them. Because we're taking lending out of the bank system doesn't mean it isn't happening and that is pushing money out of those markets and into other markets. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, St. Louis Bob said:

Up over 20% YTD, combined, in all portfolios.   Sold a lot today so that I only have roughly 55% in stocks.

@chet  Thanks again for the CYDY, tip.  Wish you would have told me to put every last penny I had in it though. ;)

GL all

Hope you're doing well, gb

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, sporthenry said:

I mean this probably ins't the place for it. Didn't we used to have a Fed topic? I remember being educated by Slapdash and folks on the theory of the Fed there. But it is never that simple. It's actually amazing how interconnected the whole system is. I don't think it's as easy as the market is up $3T since the Fed injected $3T or that bank reserves are up $3T so it's all there. I'm convinced only a few hundred people in the world understand how it all works and I'm not one of them. 

But how much of the deposits are from borrowers who borrowed hundreds of billions but have no use for the cash yet? Also have deposits from folks who are getting paid or stimulus but have no where to spend it. Those deposits aren't sticky so would make sense for banks not to lend them. Because we're taking lending out of the bank system doesn't mean it isn't happening and that is pushing money out of those markets and into other markets. 

This classic from S&P is something I share all the time. It simply lays out the accounting identities in the modern banking system.

Edited by Slapdash
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 10/17/2019 at 10:20 AM, chet said:

Boom or bust with this one:  CYDY.  Biotech drug maker awaiting FDA approval for new HIV drug among other things.  Here's an article from Seeking Alpha that came out last month.

FYI:  Stocks that trade @ ~$0.34 are more likely to go to $0 than $1.  I think this will be an exception.

First reference.  Brings a tear to my eye.

$CYDY

#notselling

Edited by chet
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

So, historically dominant vs a few good years.

Nope.  Sand went to Clemson, lives in Arkansas.  It was a joke about his kids having to go to Bama rather than Clemson (cheaper tuition) because he bought into Disney to high.  I'm trying to prevent him from having to live with that.

• Thinking 1
4 minutes ago, chet said:

First reference.  Brings a tear to my eye.

$CYDY

#notselling

I am so kicking myself for not getting in then.  I'm in at avg cost of $1.88 so its been a great ride.  Can't say it enough...thanks for sharing the opportunity with us.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, djmich said:

I am so kicking myself for not getting in then.  I'm in at avg cost of $1.88 so its been a great ride.  Can't say it enough...thanks for sharing the opportunity with us.

Owns a $5 stock for $1.88..... wish he did better

we all so greedy, myself included

Edited by The Ref
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Feel great down .61% with 3 stocks green. CYDY kicking ### and a lot of stuff barely down. Going to be interesting to see if it’s a dip or blip. 

Yeah, i can relate. Portfolio down .45% with AER the biggest loser and CYDY the biggest winner. GOLD and RSE are green too. 

14 minutes ago, djmich said:

A year from now, I think people will be kicking themselves for not buying below $5.

$CYDY

#notselling

Edited by chet
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Nope.  Sand went to Clemson, lives in Arkansas.  It was a joke about his kids having to go to Bama rather than Clemson (cheaper tuition) because he bought into Disney to high.  I'm trying to prevent him from having to live with that.

Sounds like an upgrade to me :coffee: 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, SayWhat? said:

Any way I can get a re-do on the sale of CYDY I made on that first run up into the $3’s?  Sold enough to cover my cost basis +20%, but wishing I that one back.  Unreal.  This one has been incredibly fun to follow along.  Thanks @chet!

I sold half my position at 52 cents an epoch ago.

8 minutes ago, Shula-holic said:

Missed the CYDY train.  Tried to order some around $2.50-$2.75ish and Vanguard wouldn't let me order OTC online.  Congrats to everyone on board.

With counsel from this board I switched my account to Fidelity and it has worked out well.

• Like 2

I was lucky to get in early on CYDY, bought at exactly $1...  Unfortunately for me, I'm not a typical FBG and don't have #bank.. So I just dipped a pinky toe in at $500..

I'm thinking of buying a used 1998 Sea Doo and naming it, "Chet"...

• Like 7
  • Laughing 11
1 hour ago, Redwes25 said:

I think market rebound was on belief of v-shape recovery and worst of Covid behind us.  Numbers on Covid look like a V but in the wrong way as we have not flattened the curve.  I think good chance later this week we hit an all-time high for single day new covid cases.

Does the W recovery come after the V recovery?

In the year 2020, humans endured a global pandemic that was accompanied by crippling unemployment and the obliteration of many businesses small and large alike.  Riots sprung up in the early summer like weeds in an untended garden.  Police agencies were defunded, statues and monuments were toppled, stores were looted and destroyed.  Sports and school were canceled, no proms, no concerts, no parades, no festivals, no movies.  There were murder hornets.  It was also the year that the name "Chet" made a staggering comeback as children, boats, pets and human anatomy were all named after everybody's new favorite four letter word.  2020, where truth is far stranger than fiction.

• Like 3
  • Laughing 17

It's not about having the most. Nobody's taking chet there anyway. It's about the group experience, making what we can, and of course, naming things after chet.

• Like 12
2 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Holy ####.  Someone just bought 1.35 mil shares at $5

More than likely is an institutional buyer building a position or big pharma planning a takeover.

Edited by chet
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, chet said:

More than likely is an institutional buyer building a position or big pharma planning a takeover.

Is there any rumblings as to who it could be? Would love to see one of those smart biotech funds in there. 

15 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

It's not about having the most. Nobody's taking chet there anyway. It's about the group experience, making what we can, and of course, naming things after chet.

[Googles "reverse vasectomy" to see if I can sire a boy and name him Chet]

14 minutes ago, Sandeman said:

Made $80 trading BLMN today. Probably took one or two days off my life. Not a great trade.

Just trade the second lot of the day for a profit.  Not sure I even made $80, but it was enough to add some cydy shares for the morning pop.

10 minutes ago, chet said:

Going to be some really pissed people if it's a takeover before this really takes off.  Hopefully it's the former

• Like 1
1 minute ago, chet said:

Someone (or group) really wanted $CYDY to close under $5 today.  Hopefully, it will eclipse that mark tomorrow.

#notselling

Last minute had 71k shares traded