What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (11 Viewers)

Checking a borrow now.  Been 'pending' for 15 minutes which usually means no borrow available, but I'll report back.

This has been General Malaise for YouTube stock loan department reporting.
Nope, no borrow.  Seems like only 2MM shares short right now, which isn't that much with, what, 500MM shares outstanding?  This thing is mostly held by retail, so until we see more institutional holders, there won't be a borrow available.  Least that's my read.  Been 12 years since I shorted anything so I'm rusty. :bag:

Huh? How do I cost him anything? He’s already up what $5M? No need to be snarky which you’ve said I was before. I’m thinking about retirement and college costs not a yacht. I think it’s OK for me and others to be happy we could make 6 figures or 5 figures. People can have different goals. I don’t know what the upper limit of this stock is and I haven’t hopped off yet but you’d be an extremely bad investor if you aren’t thinking about the exit plans.
Can't we all just get along?  No worries about anything from my standpoint.  I think you hit the nail on the head about everyone having different goals. 

The behavior is so systematic, it's almost scary. Today seems like you probably had some algos/day traders pumping it up. I'm beginning to lean towards a buyout. Maybe a less sophisticated biotech fund? But this trading pattern is ridiculously obvious (until it isn't). But seems like some pharma told a bank to accumulate a position and only accumulate so many shares at % appreciation per day. Not the worst ride in the world assuming it holds. 
and only allow so much profit taking before you step in and start buying again.

It's almost like at the end of these trials, they pretty much know the results and it got leaked into the right hands.  Who knows though....

My question is why people pay a 12% rake on this bull####. I've seen meat raffles with better odds. 
I hear you, it's still fun as long as you're not losing money, but that's a different debate.  :)   The PGA contest I'm in today is a Double-up, so doubles my $ if I'm in the top 150 out of 344.  It's a $10 contest so they pocket profit of 44 people's entry fees for not doing anything.  My only point was that the cost of their revenue has to be extremely low.

Whoa. The lack of good tech in the urban Top Golf location here in Charlotte was big feedback I have when I went there. This is an interesting idea.
Love top golf (not a golfer though) but wonder how much CV would affect things for this type of business and for how long. 
Have been doing more work/talking with a very into golf buddy. His thoughts are that is is basically a Top Golf clone (CEO is from there) with little to differentiate beyond using the Trackman technology. They have a lot of debt but it is secured by real-estate (presumably golf course). The twitter thread  @eaganwildcats shared is a little fast and loose with stats and valuations, but there could be some opportunity if they can beat Top Golf to certain markets. I think COVID impacts that expansion plan pretty severly. 

Have been doing more work/talking with a very into golf buddy. His thoughts are that is is basically a Top Golf clone (CEO is from there) with little to differentiate beyond using the Trackman technology. They have a lot of debt but it is secured by real-estate (presumably golf course). The twitter thread  @eaganwildcats shared is a little fast and loose with stats and valuations, but there could be some opportunity if they can beat Top Golf to certain markets. I think COVID impacts that expansion plan pretty severly. 
getting bulled up on fast & loose twitter threads and FBG threads is quite literally my investing strategy. My hypothesis is there is enough room for both based on how packed they always seem (idk why a bigger city couldn't support both). I started nibbling this morning at 1.80. Have another order in at that level and then 1.75 and 1.70. Will see how tomorrow plays out. 

getting bulled up on fast & loose twitter threads and FBG threads is quite literally my investing strategy. My hypothesis is there is enough room for both based on how packed they always seem (idk why a bigger city couldn't support both). I started nibbling this morning at 1.80. Have another order in at that level and then 1.75 and 1.70. Will see how tomorrow plays out. 
Hey, sure. Was just giving my impression. I'm intriguied as well and may take a flier too.

Reminder that bank stress tests results are after the close tomorrow. Could be some volatility if GS Research is correct on this, but who knows how politics will play into the Fed's decision:

Over the past three months, the options market has priced in 40% lower average 2021 dividends across large cap banks, and consensus is forecasting 11% lower dividends for the top 7 banks relative to the beginning of the year, which we believe is related to investor concerns for higher capital requirements in 2020 CCAR that could force banks to cut dividends (Exhibit 8, Exhibit 10). In our view, bank capital levels remain sufficient, especially in light of higher near-term earnings guidance, and should reassure investors that, aside from at WFC, bank dividends are likely not at risk.
Mike Mayo on Bloomberg a few ago: Take your money out of bank accounts and put it into bank stocks :lol:  

and only allow so much profit taking before you step in and start buying again.

It's almost like at the end of these trials, they pretty much know the results and it got leaked into the right hands.  Who knows though....
I mean, they don't know who got the medicine and who got the placebo, but they know who is improving and who isn't. And I'm assuming grabbing bloodwork along the way. When you watch the story of the 23 year old on the youtube video, it's probably not a coincidence that her bloodwork started improving within a day of receiving the injection. They have to have a pretty good idea, even without unblinding.

Good to know.  Maybe I'm just too detached from some of those leagues.  BETZ should.  They're pretty heavy in European companies.  I fully expect to get back in DKNG and/or BETZ again, just not feeling it yet.  
I bought 17 shares of DKNG at $20.20. I'm not selling for now, but thinking about purchasing more if they continue falling. I am thinking longer-term on these as well, if COVID wipes out baseball this year, sports will eventually come back. 

Can't we all just get along?  No worries about anything from my standpoint.  I think you hit the nail on the head about everyone having different goals. 
No worries. Cos gave me crap about the same thing a few weeks ago. I want all of us to make a ton but ####s gotten real the past week! It’s now my second biggest stock and I’m pretty sure I wasn’t expecting that. Been a great surprise.

Got a little bit at $1.83 

I mean, they don't know who got the medicine and who got the placebo, but they know who is improving and who isn't. And I'm assuming grabbing bloodwork along the way. When you watch the story of the 23 year old on the youtube video, it's probably not a coincidence that her bloodwork started improving within a day of receiving the injection. They have to have a pretty good idea, even without unblinding.
I said the same thing earlier this week. Blind means you don’t know who got the doses and who got the placebos but you’d know of it was working just based on how many people got better. It wouldn’t be that he’d to put together your idea of the results early. I was thinking base on the crazy run up that some of the results and/or the up listing were definitely leaking out.

I said the same thing earlier this week. Blind means you don’t know who got the doses and who got the placebos but you’d know of it was working just based on how many people got better. It wouldn’t be that he’d to put together your idea of the results early. I was thinking base on the crazy run up that some of the results and/or the up listing were definitely leaking out.
I would think that's a slippery slope if you want to have a valid study.

Sorry. Wasn't meaning to be snarky. Sometimes humor is meaner than intended. Was just saying what you were wishing would probably cost Chet a lot of money. This coming from the guy shorting the #### out of Draft Kings.
I got into DKNGS on a decent position in the high teens, I'll add around $29, I feel right below that $30 mark others might be jumping on board too... Think that would be a good exit point. 

No worries, just throwing a little back at you. It would cost me a lot too, but I’m very close to the if anyone gives me an out that lets me feel like I didn’t bail early phase. There’s still a worry about results that aren’t good enough.

Also, less wishing for a $10 buyout just saying I wouldn’t say that’s a bad thing for me. I’d much rather ride this train to $30 a share too.
No worries it's not like you were playing the dark side at a craps table and cheering or something.  Big difference between that and for rooting for something positive for everyone here that locks someone into "only" 30x profits.

My question is why people pay a 12% rake on this bull####. I've seen meat raffles with better odds. 
What was the rake on pokerstars during it's height?  Had to be like 10% or something if I recall, right?

I think 12% is reasonable enough that it both allows the low account players to still play in mass with small enough accounts that 12% doesn't matter to their fun factor, while also still being low enough that the big boys have a large enough advantage over those fish to still make 12% worth their while.

I'm such a degenerate I've been submitting both NASCAR and PGA lineups in Draftkings. 

What are the overhead costs that DKNG has to maintain?  I wouldn't think they'd be much.  They can temporarily slash their marketing budget and the cost of creating contests has to be almost nothing, with a 12% rake just for hosting it.  It seems like they should be able to ride this out until CYDY changes the world.  ;)
That is my hope as well.  I am heavier than I'd probably like in DKNG but it's not like this is an airline or restaurant where every day of shutdown is causing them huge amounts of debt.  Still it is a very sentiment driven stock so it can definitely impact the stock price (majorly) even if it's not impacting their risk of continuing to exist as much as many others with a more physical product.

No worries, just throwing a little back at you. It would cost me a lot too, but I’m very close to the if anyone gives me an out that lets me feel like I didn’t bail early phase. There’s still a worry about results that aren’t good enough.

Also, less wishing for a $10 buyout just saying I wouldn’t say that’s a bad thing for me. I’d much rather ride this train to $30 a share too.
No worries it's not like you were playing the dark side at a craps table and cheering or something.  Big difference between that and for rooting for something positive for everyone here that locks someone into "only" 30x profits.

What was the rake on pokerstars during it's height?  Had to be like 10% or something if I recall, right?

I think 12% is reasonable enough that it both allows the low account players to still play in mass with small enough accounts that 12% doesn't matter to their fun factor, while also still being low enough that the big boys have a large enough advantage over those fish to still make 12% worth their while.

I'm such a degenerate I've been submitting both NASCAR and PGA lineups in Draftkings. 

What are the overhead costs that DKNG has to maintain?  I wouldn't think they'd be much.  They can temporarily slash their marketing budget and the cost of creating contests has to be almost nothing, with a 12% rake just for hosting it.  It seems like they should be able to ride this out until CYDY changes the world.  ;)
That is my hope as well.  I am heavier than I'd probably like in DKNG but it's not like this is an airline or restaurant where every day of shutdown is causing them huge amounts of debt.  Still it is a very sentiment driven stock so it can definitely impact the stock price (majorly) even if it's not impacting their risk of continuing to exist as much as many others with a more physical product.

I would think that's a slippery slope if you want to have a valid study.
Agreed. I’m not talking about CYDY doing it, I’m talking about a doctor telling his friend, etc. It’s not the CYDY team driving the stock price, but I wouldn’t put it past an interested investor(s) nosing their way into anecdotal results like the girl. It’s not a secret lab in Racoon City.

Agreed. I’m not talking about CYDY doing it, I’m talking about a doctor telling his friend, etc. It’s not the CYDY team driving the stock price, but I wouldn’t put it past an interested investor(s) nosing their way into anecdotal results like the girl. It’s not a secret lab in Racoon City.
Love the Resident Evil reference

So I guess this is driving part of the CYDY-mania today? Makes the rally seem a lot riskier, IMO.

BLOOMBERG: Drug and vaccine makers working on Covid-19 medicines rallied after President Donald Trump hinted at a “big surprise” coming soon, while day traders continued to favor a handful of smaller developers.

Vaxart Inc., which also said it made a deal to scale up production of its experimental vaccine, was among the standouts, gaining as much as 57% on Thursday. Lesser-known drug developers working on medicines for Covid-19, like microcap NanoViricides Inc., jumped as much as 25%, while CytoDyn Inc. surged 33%.

Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. climbed 30% before paring its gain. The stock shot up and appeared on investor radars in May after the chief executive and founder touted early data on Fox News.

Agree. I imagine all staff is on high alert on maintaining privacy of the records.

But yes, I'd love a little heads up beforehand

So I guess this is driving part of the CYDY-mania today? Makes the rally seem a lot riskier, IMO.

BLOOMBERG: Drug and vaccine makers working on Covid-19 medicines rallied after President Donald Trump hinted at a “big surprise” coming soon, while day traders continued to favor a handful of smaller developers.

Vaxart Inc., which also said it made a deal to scale up production of its experimental vaccine, was among the standouts, gaining as much as 57% on Thursday. Lesser-known drug developers working on medicines for Covid-19, like microcap NanoViricides Inc., jumped as much as 25%, while CytoDyn Inc. surged 33%.

Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. climbed 30% before paring its gain. The stock shot up and appeared on investor radars in May after the chief executive and founder touted early data on Fox News.
this is nice, but don't think it has much to do with the repeatable pattern since last Thursday.

this is nice, but don't think it has much to do with the repeatable pattern since last Thursday.
Very true, hasn’t been just a today thing although before the pause it was definitely up more today than it had been. Took a few days to go 3-4 and 2 days to go 4-5 and 1 day to go 5-6 and almost come close to 7 intraday.

I’ve totally gotten hose on CYdy market orders today. In the past I’ve screwed myself on limit orders with the stock
I just put a limit order in.  Count me in the FOMO.  I could lose it all and it would be about like my worst weekend gambling on football and hey I couldn't even write that off my taxes.  But at least I'll have some skin in the game with others here.

Users who are viewing this thread