What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (8 Viewers)

Property manager and I run the company.  With the office shutdown (except for me) and everyone else WFH, I'll dabble in the morning at home and then check in again after I make the commute to open the mail.  A lot of my job is answering phone calls.  Often need to work evening and weekends (maintenance/showings) so the workload gets spread out.  My primary retirement vehicle has been real estate.  Had a decent 401k rollover from a previous era with an engineering firm.  The performance has been lagging over the last 10 years in these target accounts.  Decided to try to improve that.  The ideas here have been amazing.  In fact, they have been too good from the perspective that I make 50% on Opes in a week or 20% on GOLD in 3 weeks or 30% on Blmn in days.  You guys have more ideas that I have funds (can't own everything), so now I'm cashing out profit if I see a better opportunity.  Obviously the market swinging wildly plays into trading, so who knows how long it last.
We have both really benefitted from the wild market and this thread. I don't want to mention name, but rhymes with Friend Buys Ferry is the only guy here who has lost money. This is not normal and we need to tiem our exit into ETFs or mutual funds or some other boring #### at some point so we don't lose all our gains.

Keeping an eye on DFS and JPM but not pulling the trigger on anything yet. I’m also not touching BLMN with a 10-ft pole right now. Their exposure to covid hotspots is pretty bad, as others have noted. Florida just announced a single-day case record of 8,900 — its previous record was 5,500. 
I'm a fan of JPM, but just can't see buying banks yet

People seem a bit scared heading into the weekend.  What looks good to buy?  Lot of retail stuff still getting killed.   Stuff like Dave and Busters is down almost 50% from 2 weeks ago.  BLMN around 9.50 right now. 

DFS a buy at 49?

More CYDY?
Been watching DFS too, but no action yet.  I did my end of month cash load so I got more powder to play with.  Think I'm going to take it easy today and wait til Monday.  

Fear is slowly taking over again.
The derivative of the coronovirus curve in the US is just about the same as it was during the peak in the spring. In other words, it's steepening, not flattening and this is summertime. Fear, yes, but also a legit concern about markets if people are not going to be out an about on these warm days and what that means for the coming fall and winter.

The fact that we haven't heard or seen from NP lately actually gives me comfort and makes me happy. Sounds like people smart enough told him to shut the #### up.

Last edited by a moderator:
BA August 225 call is at 4.75 today.

That is a nice premium considering the stock would have to move 30% to have  shot at being called. At my cost basis that is just a little over 4.7% Yield on 2 months if it expires worthless. 

Do we feel like BA can move 30% in 2 months? Who the hell knows in this news driven market. 

I may wait for a green day in BA to get a juicer premium. I think odds are it does not move 30% in under two months. 
I think it can move 30% in 2 months.  But you know how I feel about $BA from a fundamental and trend point of view.

We should also factor in that broader small-cap pharma is on fire, not just CYDY. In addition to prospects for good news, we're riding a wave.

My lord look at the Innovio chart since COVID hit. Ticker INO.

I'm also hopeful on a GOLD rally today. Fear is creeping in, buy that yellow rock as we know the Fed will come to the rescue and devalue our paper.

I almost want to day trade some GOLD. I'm going to do it on paper and avoid the temptation, I own enough of it to begin with. I'd be in if I was day trading right now for 2500 shares at $25.37 looking to make $1,500 going to $26. Stop would be about the same below, so like $24.7ish.

On vacation for the week visiting the folks in Tampa and haven't been watching as much. Got caught with a few bucks in BLMN / DIS / MGM that have been hemmoraging. Dumped half the position but hate to realize the full loss. damnit. 

The derivative of the coronovirus curve in the US is just about the same as it was during the peak in the spring. In other words, it's steepening, not flattening and this is summertime. Fear, yes, but also a legit concern about markets if people are not going to be out an about on these warm days and what that means for the coming fall and winter.
I don’t disagree......but the market always over does it to the downside and upside. So take advantage when it does. 

Added 10% to my DHT and FRO holdings.  I think the dividends are secure for next quarter.
I will say, I wouldn't be surprised if dividends aren't as frothy. If the market isn't going to reward you for a dividend, then no point in paying out 20% of your stock price in one quarter. The fear is, if you pay out 20% of your stock and rates plummet as expected, then the stock price could get smoked if your capital structure becomes unsustainable. Depends on what rates do between now and then. It seems like the market is pricing in $10-$15k/day rates which would be historically low. I'd probably rather see debt paydown and maybe announce some buybacks. Scare some of the shorts a bit. 

On vacation for the week visiting the folks in Tampa and haven't been watching as much. Got caught with a few bucks in BLMN / DIS / MGM that have been hemmoraging. Dumped half the position but hate to realize the full loss. damnit. 
Same, but won't be realizing the losses when holding for the long haul.

I will say, I wouldn't be surprised if dividends aren't as frothy. If the market isn't going to reward you for a dividend, then no point in paying out 20% of your stock price in one quarter. The fear is, if you pay out 20% of your stock and rates plummet as expected, then the stock price could get smoked if your capital structure becomes unsustainable. Depends on what rates do between now and then. It seems like the market is pricing in $10-$15k/day rates which would be historically low. I'd probably rather see debt paydown and maybe announce some buybacks. Scare some of the shorts a bit. 
Won't be much debt left on the books after this quarter.

Also, even if we're sucking, the rest of the world is moving on.

So what is up today? Staples and utilities? My hedges of tankers and gold aren't really hedging. Guess bonds can go lower and deflation is on. Seems like stocks expect the Fed to pump money in while Treasuries aren't pricing in inflation now. Maybe they can pump in just enough but I'm adding to gold on the pullbacks. 
Just looking at my list:

Kroger, SE, Amazon, Omega health, CYDY, Sprout's (don't own but watching),

The Gap is trending. Up 30% today. But that thing is all over the place (before today might have been a good onion type play). Just saw, Kanye made this bump happen.

Won't be much debt left on the books after this quarter.

Also, even if we're sucking, the rest of the world is moving on.
Yeah, I do think there is some upside given the reopening won't be smooth. So would think that oil demand will be sporadic as demand will be up and down as folks reopen then stop then reopen. I suppose we still won't see 100k/d rates in that environment since there will still be more ships than necessary but a lot of ships for the past 3-6 months that were supposed to be worked on got pushed out so hopefully that keeps supply tight. I really like DHT since they fixed a bunch of their ships at 60k/day. For reference, one of the ships they have on a charter at 67k/d got re-leased by the firm leasing it from DHT for $27k. So not great for the spot market but they're earning $40k over the spot on those ships. 

When you coming back home to NY? Different world here now.
Don't think my family will ever live within the NYC borders again. We're in flux right now, a lot depends on how my employer behaves. If we wind up back in the area, it will be in Monmouth or Middlesex County or possibly Montclair area of North Jersey.

Funny I thought your comment was quite an ******* response. I mean do you think I do not know...what is going on in South Florida.....where I live?

Anyway....let’s leave it at that. 
I have no idea where you live. How would I know that?  Stay safe

I have no idea where you live. 
My bad I thought it said location. I just fixed it.

Anyway.....Yeah....things are getting stupid down here. Palm Beach County is a shining example of what not to do. They thumbed their nose at following social distancing and wearing masks in public. 

It is insane. 

Other stocks to buy today....PFE. Keeps getting cheaper. 

Yeah, I do think there is some upside given the reopening won't be smooth. So would think that oil demand will be sporadic as demand will be up and down as folks reopen then stop then reopen. I suppose we still won't see 100k/d rates in that environment since there will still be more ships than necessary but a lot of ships for the past 3-6 months that were supposed to be worked on got pushed out so hopefully that keeps supply tight. I really like DHT since they fixed a bunch of their ships at 60k/day. For reference, one of the ships they have on a charter at 67k/d got re-leased by the firm leasing it from DHT for $27k. So not great for the spot market but they're earning $40k over the spot on those ships. 
Not sure if you saw but one of the four was cancelled but then picked back up for about 40k over two years which seems pretty good. 

If rates stay low I have to imagine we start seeing some scrapping and the order book remains super light. Also plenty of chances for some sort of catalyst to push rates higher again.

Just keep clipping dividends waiting for the super cycle...

Don't look now, but Luckin is down almost 60% due to being de-listed. Does that mean CYDY will get a +60% when it does get listed? Not looking to be greedy, just wondering what listing does to a share price. Up 60% from $7 per share jumps it to about $11. My hunch, though, is that Luckin's fall is not necessarily of CYDY's rise if it gets listed but there should be a nice pop nonetheless.
I sold the 100 shares I had left of LK because I was tired of looking at them and bought 100 shares of CYDY in the 4s just because. Worked out well but a tiny portion of my overall CYDY shares. Just feels way better.

Killing the S&P again today. Up 1.2% instead of down 1.5%. CYDY a big factor, but lots of green with FSLY, LVGO and ETSY working. I think I’m close to up 15% on the S&P the last week and a half.

Not sure if you saw but one of the four was cancelled but then picked back up for about 40k over two years which seems pretty good. 

If rates stay low I have to imagine we start seeing some scrapping and the order book remains super light. Also plenty of chances for some sort of catalyst to push rates higher again.

Just keep clipping dividends waiting for the super cycle...
Was it the same ship? Thought it was a different one but yeah, $40k/d is still great. I just saw the registration. No idea what that could be for. I'd want them to be buying shares back at this price, not issuing more. 

Users who are viewing this thread