What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (8 Viewers)

Looking for some forced selling into the close. Could be some sales if you're comfortable enough that the world won't fall apart between now and Monday.
Seems people already think it will.

I will be looking to buy a few grand worth of.......well........whatever some people in here are buying since I have no idea what I am doing.

🤠

Who was the one a week or so ago that said he was going to wait till BLMN hit 9 to buy?  

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2700 shares in my roth, and 7300 in my cash.  I'll be paying some taxes and even more when I spend it.  That was my plan though, have some fun with CYDY profits before I get too old.    

I remember like 2 years ago TSLA was all this thread talked about, it's chugging along towards 1000 and I hardly see any hype or haters.  Weird. 

It's nothing like y'all, but when the market is down over 2% today and I'm up 5% (trading account, not looking elsewhere), can't really complain too much.

I remember like 2 years ago TSLA was all this thread talked about, it's chugging along towards 1000 and I hardly see any hype or haters.  Weird. 
It's probably overpriced, but I have 8% of my Roth IRA in it. More if you include QCLN or other ETFs.

Obviously a technical sell-off can easily turn into a fundamental one if the market wakes up to things. But this afternoon seems more rebalance driven than anything else. Getting a nice grind lower. Think there is some support at 3,000 on the S&P so think we can hit that. Would buy anything lower. 

I can't buy the onion until I see how Florida/Texas/AZ and some other places react to what is an obvious outbreak. I don't think they'll have a stay at home order, but I don't think you'll be seeing a ton of activity at your local Outback in the very near future either. I like it for a bounce back candidate, but I think this one could sink a little. Around $8 I'd make my first buy and leave room to get it at $6. Something like that one can collapse hard. Also need to dive into the balance sheet and make sure there is no material risk of bankruptcy... @Todem Assume you've looked through them? Will they survive 3-6 months of minimal business, should it come to that?

I've been following along with the BLMN crew in here, I just haven't liked it after its first big rebound. I actually ate at one a month ago :bag:  TBH, I wasn't very impressed, but a large swath of the population considers it an enjoyable meal out, so I'm cognizant of that. I've been eyeing it bc I feel it could be a good double opportunity should it fall hard again (which is becoming a very real possibility). 

I have 2700 shares in my roth, and 7300 in my cash.  I'll be paying some taxes and even more when I spend it.  That was my plan though, have some fun with CYDY profits before I get too old.    
So $100 price. Its been considered but might take a few months. Plus you pretty much have to leave it in your cash account for a year to get the tax break

Obviously a technical sell-off can easily turn into a fundamental one if the market wakes up to things. But this afternoon seems more rebalance driven than anything else. Getting a nice grind lower. Think there is some support at 3,000 on the S&P so think we can hit that. Would buy anything lower. 
Adam Mancini
@AdamMancini4
·
2h
I posted this morning that 3006 must hold and bulls are trying to defend it now. What happens into day end is key for next week. Bulls absolutely need this to hold to see the late-Friday rally which we've had nearly every week since the March low to keep upside case in tact $SPX

If death rate stays low thru this spike in Texas and Florida it's basically time to start going full wsb stonks to the moon time.  

You can buy 1 share of TSLA or 137 shares of CYDY and they could both hit $2,000 at the same time. Jokes aside, I was in it and had to sell to raise some cash. At this point, the haters are either broke, embarrassed or both. Except for Einhorn who thinks tweeting pics of his email to IR matter. But I do think it's incredibly overvalued. I'd like to get back in but tough to justify current valuation especially when your owner thinks you're overvalued. Wouldn't be surprised to see another secondary. Have to figure out what price I'd be comfortable at buying though. 

Adam Mancini
@AdamMancini4
·
2h
I posted this morning that 3006 must hold and bulls are trying to defend it now. What happens into day end is key for next week. Bulls absolutely need this to hold to see the late-Friday rally which we've had nearly every week since the March low to keep upside case in tact $SPX
Yeah, know there's a lot of put interest at 3,000 which many believe will keep it above that due to MMs pain. If I had to guess, we'll finish above or right around that 3,006. So we'll continue to be in no man's land. 

You can buy 1 share of TSLA or 137 shares of CYDY and they could both hit $2,000 at the same time. Jokes aside, I was in it and had to sell to raise some cash. At this point, the haters are either broke, embarrassed or both. Except for Einhorn who thinks tweeting pics of his email to IR matter. But I do think it's incredibly overvalued. I'd like to get back in but tough to justify current valuation especially when your owner thinks you're overvalued. Wouldn't be surprised to see another secondary. Have to figure out what price I'd be comfortable at buying though. 
or pick a stock without the heebie jeebie factor

If death rate stays low thru this spike in Texas and Florida it's basically time to start going full wsb stonks to the moon time.  
I think it depends why it stays low. If it's just young people getting it then I don't think that is major bullish. Just means folks at risk and older aren't going out which is good but they likely aren't spending and I have to assume that demography drives more consumerism than millenials. Even if death rate doesn't shoot up, even just the hospital rate shooting up enough that they run out of beds means lockdowns. 

I think it depends why it stays low. If it's just young people getting it then I don't think that is major bullish. Just means folks at risk and older aren't going out which is good but they likely aren't spending and I have to assume that demography drives more consumerism than millenials. Even if death rate doesn't shoot up, even just the hospital rate shooting up enough that they run out of beds means lockdowns. 
Yeah, I think the mortality rate is much lower for prisoners, protesters, maga ralliers, Kid Rock fans, and meat factory workers because of the their age difference from the earlier nursing home deaths.

$185.29 makes my shares worth $1mm. I'm a FBG, I don't need this for a second comma, but I root for Chet to get his 3rd!

I'm trying to set up dual residences in Palm Beach and NY; I'd like to be a snowbird at the age of 37. I'm playing the long game here. I've absolutely slaughtered it this year between work, investments, and leaving NYC right before it turned into hell. I can't #### any of that up. I'm trying to put way too many pieces in place to have more than $40k in a completely binary stock. 

Good luck to us all!

Still looking for some answers regarding NYSE vs. "New York American" exchange, and the prospects or lack thereof of uplisting on NASDAQ.

A summary from the Feb. 6 call:

On the call they skimmed over the NASDAQ listing requirements, and focused on the NYSE which requires $5.0 million cash, and 18 months of operational money as well as a $2.00 stock price. They indicated on the Q&A section that when they meet the requirements they are ready to go.  The reason an uplisting is so crucial for the company is because should they get a BTD approval NYSE listing will ensure a much better price discovery with institutional investors versus OTC Markets.

Noticed KO has been underperforming its competitors since the trough, any idea what is going on there?
Major sports and restaurants are simply hurting...KO is a long term dividend beast. Buy here and hold.

I stopped the bleeding on BLMN earlier today.  I may get back in eventually but didn't want to turn a small loss into a big one.
Ooof. I am holding....and it is down....but far from out.

Todem, TAP is like 45 cents away from its 52 week low.  Is this still a good buy in your opinion?

Asking for a friend
Again with major sports playing to empty seats....this is the result. And of course eating out hurting. This is a nice chance to grab a good beer stock cheap.

I can't buy the onion until I see how Florida/Texas/AZ and some other places react to what is an obvious outbreak. I don't think they'll have a stay at home order, but I don't think you'll be seeing a ton of activity at your local Outback in the very near future either. I like it for a bounce back candidate, but I think this one could sink a little. Around $8 I'd make my first buy and leave room to get it at $6. Something like that one can collapse hard. Also need to dive into the balance sheet and make sure there is no material risk of bankruptcy... @Todem Assume you've looked through them? Will they survive 3-6 months of minimal business, should it come to that?

I've been following along with the BLMN crew in here, I just haven't liked it after its first big rebound. I actually ate at one a month ago :bag:  TBH, I wasn't very impressed, but a large swath of the population considers it an enjoyable meal out, so I'm cognizant of that. I've been eyeing it bc I feel it could be a good double opportunity should it fall hard again (which is becoming a very real possibility). 
I have. They can survive this. I also think the spikes seem worse than are because we have far far far more testing, more people going in for other medical needs get tested and are coming up positive and most likely will not get very sick, the death rates are abosiltely not what they were 3 months ago. I think once the market digests things more analytically instead of the sensational headlines our wonderful media outlets over to provide for ratings.....the market in general will rebound again. 

Agree 100%. Again we are in a different place IMO than in March. I am not freaked out at all. been eating out, going to play a baseball tourney in Fort Myers 4th of July weekend with our summer program......just continuing to be smart about social distancing the best we can, keeping our hands clean and wearing masks in all public places. 

Good buying day today for the companies I mentioned especially JPM, PFE, EXC, PPL, KO, XOM (or PEO if you want more diversification).

The Onion will rebound.....13-14 bucks at some point again. We are holding. Not spooked at all. 

I have. They can survive this. I also think the spikes seem worse than are because we have far far far more testing, more people going in for other medical needs get tested and are coming up positive and most likely will not get very sick, the death rates are abosiltely not what they were 3 months ago. I think once the market digests things more analytically instead of the sensational headlines our wonderful media outlets over to provide for ratings.....the market in general will rebound again. 
Death is a lagging indicator here. Within a month we'll see what these spikes mean, but time from entering hospital to death is usually a month give or take. People will be cavalier over the next few weeks and the death toll will really begin to rise in a month, imo. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread