What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (17 Viewers)

We still have more than half the trading day to go...  I'll call $10.48 for end of the day.   
Lol. My $10 limit order sell for 5% of my shares is still in place for today. 

On a side note does anyone know why Fidelity’s stock prices seems to lag way behind?  It seems to be 10 mins or so behind what’s reported here. It’s saying 5.70 right now....

Lol. My $10 limit order sell for 5% of my shares is still in place for today. 

On a side note does anyone know why Fidelity’s stock prices seems to lag way behind?  It seems to be 10 mins or so behind what’s reported here. It’s saying 5.70 right now....
Refresh it.  I'm showing $7 even.

you sold. It take a few days to settle. If youu usse the funds before that and you do not have sufficient funds to cover it without that, you are getting a "free ride." If trade goes through you'll get a warning. If you get a second warning, you will no longer be able to trade unsettled funds for 90 days. Set up a margin account and you needn't worry about it.
Yes, I would technically only have the funds from the sale (803.48) to buy back into CYDY. It appears that it will let me do it with the warning of having 'unsettled cash'. Do you think I'd be ok with moving foward with this? I definitely don't want to get flagged or anything - this is not my normal operating model.

• Purchase of CYDY: $949.00 will settle on 7/2/2020
• Sale of CYDY: $803.48 will settle on 7/2/2020

Yes, I would technically only have the funds from the sale (803.48) to buy back into CYDY. It appears that it will let me do it with the warning of having 'unsettled cash'. Do you think I'd be ok with moving foward with this? I definitely don't want to get flagged or anything - this is not my normal operating model.

It will probably get tagged as a free ride. You usually get one for free. 

Did you have the 949 to begin with in cash?  If so you're fine.  If you buy again it looks like a violation because it would be unsettled cash.

Could see this being a catalyst.  Leronlimab isn't a vaccine but could see shareholders thinking, okay, 10 bucks is a great place to take profits until we hear trial results, etc.  

In the end, I think it could be a blessing for those looking to get in, get back in.  I now have more shares than I did this morning and I'm in for the long haul.  

This is the part that's hard to stomach.

I would have preferred a slow climb to $7 over the past several and next few days instead of this.
you'll be fine. 

An ordinary person spends his life avoiding tense situations. A repo man spends his life getting into tense situations. A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things.

Did you have the 949 to begin with in cash?  If so you're fine.  If you buy again it looks like a violation because it would be unsettled cash.
This morning, I moved $1,000 to my Fidelity Account so that cash was not settled. I used that cash to buy 100 shares of CYDY and then sold a few hours in.

I do this pretty common - as long as I have the cash on it's way, Fidelity is good, and I haven't received any warnings. 

Today's movement was one additional step of selling and then re-using that cash right away vs. letting it settle. It doesn't appear much difference than I what I normally do, but the extra buy/sell/buy adds a twist.

What Gorge?  I may join you.
Columbia River.  Camped there over the weekend and it's just loaded with spectacular sites  sights.  We found a couple of waterfalls that we had to ourselves.  Spotted at least 5 bald eagles soaring the skies over the two days.  

Last edited by a moderator:
My only question right now is to @chet: if someone is getting in at this price (around $7.20), are you still a believer?

My only question right now is to @chet: if someone is getting in at this price (around $7.20), are you still a believer?
I am wondering if cher still owns 900k shares.

Or maybe he bought back his 100k

And I can't even log in to fidelity right now.  Probably for the best

I don’t have real time quotes but would guess $7.50 will be hit at some point as that’s a around a 50% retracement, day traders are probably all over this thing. After that and where we close, who knows.

Edit: looks like we’re already there. Darn 15min lag

Columbia River.  Camped there over the weekend and it's just loaded with spectacular sites.  We found a couple of waterfalls that we had to ourselves.  Spotted at least 5 bald eagles soaring the skies over the two days.  
Hiked 7 miles Sunday.  165 suck index right now, so not much fun.  Sweated off weight, at least  Not as pretty as your area, though.

Obviously, I pushed all into CYDY (getting rid of SE, DKNG, and CLDR) and bought shares at $9.53 and $9.47. New cost basis is $5.94 for 1588. Just pissed I missed out on additional shares with the dip to $5!!

#notselling

Man so far today I'm looking like I got played. Even though I put sell orders in when it was in the 7s, they didn't execute until mid 5s.
I got hit the other way when trying to buy much lower than this. Kept not filling by a few pennies and getting away from me

Arrrghhhh on vacation so not around the computer as much right now to buy the dip.  I hope these damned kids realize how expensive that pool morning was  :P

I'm so bad at this. Sold out before it bottomed, but not much before. Then saw it coming back, bought back in above my initial average share price, but only a little. Now it keeps going up and I'm having FOMO I shouldn't even have because I shouldn't have done anything to begin with. Honestly glad this is just ego money at this point and not anything that really matters since I'm such a low player with this stuff.

Man so far today I'm looking like I got played. Even though I put sell orders in when it was in the 7s, they didn't execute until mid 5s.
Yup, saw the "CYDY down 10%" alert on my phone as I finished my run. Got in the car and logged in to etrade and watched it fall from the 7s to the 5s in what seemed like seconds.  Decided (panicked) to unload 1/3 of my (piddly) holdings, and kept having to re-type the limit price as it plunged.  Looks like I got out at basically the low for the day :bag:

Oh well, still have the other 2/3 and am basically free rolling with those in my Roth.

The scary thing is that we can probably expect more of this.  There's a lot of float and some long time shareholders looking to lock in millions.  Selling is not the issue, selling a few million at a time is.

Whats the Buffett saying....something along the lines of when others are scared is when he's buying.

The scary thing is that we can probably expect more of this.  There's a lot of float and some long time shareholders looking to lock in millions.  Selling is not the issue, selling a few million at a time is.

Whats the Buffett saying....something along the lines of when others are scared is when he's buying.
I think he also talks a lot about knowing a company's management team, and some good advice about investing in industries you understand and know well.  

Breaking most of those rules with my investment here, which is tbh, more like gambling at this point.  Some informed gambling, but still.

I am now actually ahead from where I was at end of day yesterday.  I bought 500 more shares (huge number I know) on the way back up around 6.50.  

I haven't been to a bar since March.  I just may have to go today. 

I have nobody to talk about this stuff with.  My wife knows nothing of investing and doesn't care, and all my friends are either real estate or index funds.  

All I have is.......you people🥰

And you all must hate idiots like me who showed up recently with 1% the knowledge you have in your pinky.

Users who are viewing this thread