What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (7 Viewers)

Who wasn't expecting a couple of these?  Every time a hit article comes out, these types of ambulance chasers see if they can get any chance to nibble on some scraps.  Probably all part of the process.  

Short stock

publish article

create panic selling

buy to cover

Notify securities ambulance chasers to broadcast potential investigations

Rinse and repeat  

This happened in May as well.  Didn't keep buyers away for long.  

Those things are nothing burgers. I've seen them in any stock that drops 20-30% on news and it never impacts the company, assuming it's a legit company. Won't impact much.
There was one earlier this year. It’s basically like seeing the injury law ada on the side of the road. I saw them on ZM after a drop when the stock was at all time highs. They are not an impact at all.

Looks like a BS marketing piece.  Just like the one Adam F used with some Attorney address that lead to a vacant lot with a municipal well.

Institutional Block Trading 6/30 4pm: Price $5.68 down 35.23% from yesterdays $8.77. Lowest close since last Wednesday close of $4.99. Boy, that number seemed to be much longer ago! 

Total volume was a whopping 56,325,777. This was apparently do to a short attack given the sudden 12.7 million spike in volume from 11:45-12:15 when the stock dropped from $9.75 to $4.65, a $5.25 dollar drop in a half hour on no News other than Citron report mis-evaluating the scientific bona fides of leronlimab. the incorrect evaluation of the evidence supporting leronlimab's efficacy was apparently on purpose since it ignored the facts presented by Dr. Patterson at the Beckman Coulter symposium no Covid 19, at the TEDx presentation and at other times as well as his meticulously presented pre-print publication. So it looks like this drop was the result of a coordinated short attack. 

It provided an opportunity for those who were not fooled to buy more shares relatively cheaply compared to price before the attack. It was a great opportunity. I picked up a whole lot more of shares between $4.70 and $5.45. 

The trial results will be published over the next two weeks. Then, and only then, will we see what the stock is really worth. Whatever it is, it is certainly a lot more than today's $5.68 closing. This has been said over and over by many, many participants on this blog.

As for the institutions, they traded 13,420,994 shares or 23.83% of the total volume with a healthy average trade of 18,039. They traded steadily right through the end of the day with the last trade at a $5.50 Ask for about 10k shares. The close was a bit higher at $5.68 so it looks like retail investors were bargain hunting too. 

Prediction: Well the short attack certainly made mincemeat of yesterdays $9.90-$11 prediction. But what the heck, in for a penny, in for a pound. I gonna say tomorrow we close $8-$9 because once everyone has time to reflect on the potential for leronlimab as outlined in this SA article https://seekingalpha.com/article/4355694-dont-forget-cytodyns-prospects?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-widget, they realize that these are bargain prices. 

Further, we will be one day closer to the publication of the severe/critical trial result which could appear any day now. Once it is published, if the results are decent as they are likely to be, these priced will be the lowest prices we will ever see again. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Well folks, looks like we dropped back to the price this hit last Thursday.  

Oh, the humanity.

I agree with the article above that the value of this is going to be set by the trial results.  Today was playing games while we wait for those.  I am under no illusions this is anything but a lottery ticket, but I'm holding mine for now.  

I am officially not looking at my brokerage this afternoon, though.  I'm just going to pretend today didn't exist.  :whistle:

VWAP is still $7.  This has to run up to at least that number, no? 

Also, ask is 7.90 and bid is 4.  Any significance to this?  Ask after close last night was 9.27 and it opened at 9.66.  

I don't know what the heck is going on, but are we looking at a bounce back tomorrow? Chet's guy sure seems to think so.  

Last edited by a moderator:
VWAP is still $7.  This has to run up to at least that number, no? 

Also, ask is 7.90 and bid is 4.  Any significance to this?  Ask after close last night was 9.27 and that is where it opened.  

I don't know what the heck is going on, but are we looking at a bounce back tomorrow? Chet's guy sure seems to think so.  
Personally, I think it will take some time to revisit 9+.  I hope I am wrong.  I wouldn't pay any attention to the after market bid/ask spread.  The German price is interesting but it's also on very low volume.

I look in my account and I see the wild swings of CYDY and compare to the serene calm waters of PPL who just boringly moves 10 or 15 cents a day and yields north of 6%.
Keep investing in those type of stocks.

Be willing to lose whatever you put into a stock like CYDY. And you will be fine. And know when you at least double your money....take your risk off the table and ride a free roll with the rest.

It’s like Vegas (when you play in the waters of a CYDY or similar low priced bio-tech stocks).....I go there once a year and am willing to lose the 4K I bring with me for 3 nights of fun, shooting dice. If I leave with my 4K? I won. If I make some money....awesome. If I lose all of it...but had a great time? That was the cost of entertainment and I was willing to lose it all. 

I am officially not looking at my brokerage this afternoon, though.  I'm just going to pretend today didn't exist.  :whistle:
Tomorrow morning I calculate our end of quarter statement. But then I'll stop watching most accounts for another 92 days.

Polonium2 hours ago

"Citron launched 51 investigative reports against S&P 500 companies, between 2009 and 2015, as well as several Chinese companies, citing allegations of pyramid schemes, ineffective products and accounting, or business frauds.[7] In 2016, the founder Andrew Left was banned for five years by the Hong Kong Market Misconduct Tribunal for disclosing false or misleading information, and so inducing transactions under the Securities and Futures Ordinance.[8][9] Despite being sued by multiple companies for the reports he has released, Left claims he has never lost a case in the United States;[5][10] the National Futures Association sanctioned Left and stated that he “made false and misleading statements to cheat, defraud or deceive a customer in violation of NFA compliance rules.”[11][12]. Left, was also banned in 2016 after he was found culpable of market misconduct in connection with the publication of a research report on Chinese property developer China Evergrande Group.[13]"

This guy spread doubts about GILEAD, TESLA and so forth in the past.
Yahoo conversation. 

I am not winning with CYDY in the same fashion as most of y'all.  I keep buying/selling.  But I have still tripled+ my money now... here's to another double up this time.  :thumbup:  

Keep investing in those type of stocks.

Be willing to lose whatever you put into a stock like CYDY. And you will be fine. And no when you at least double your money....take your risk off the table and ride a free roll with the rest.

It’s like Vegas (when you play in the waters of a CYDY or similar low priced bio-tech stocks).....I go there once a year and am willing to lose the 4K I bring with me for 3 nights of fun, shooting dice. If I leave with my 4K I won. If I make some money....awesome. If I lose all of it...but had a great time? That was the cost of entertainment and I was willing to lose it all. 
Did you sell your BA covered calls yesterday?

Well folks, looks like we dropped back to the price this hit last Thursday.  

Oh, the humanity.

I agree with the article above that the value of this is going to be set by the trial results.  Today was playing games while we wait for those.  I am under no illusions this is anything but a lottery ticket, but I'm holding mine for now.  

It is quite clear they use a comma when you are down > $1,000, that is for sure....

Teaching kids (14) about investing - what you got? Any good resources? I feel like I can do it from scratch, but if I don't HAVE to...

Polonium2 hours ago

"Citron launched 51 investigative reports against S&P 500 companies, between 2009 and 2015, as well as several Chinese companies, citing allegations of pyramid schemes, ineffective products and accounting, or business frauds.[7] In 2016, the founder Andrew Left was banned for five years by the Hong Kong Market Misconduct Tribunal for disclosing false or misleading information, and so inducing transactions under the Securities and Futures Ordinance.[8][9] Despite being sued by multiple companies for the reports he has released, Left claims he has never lost a case in the United States;[5][10] the National Futures Association sanctioned Left and stated that he “made false and misleading statements to cheat, defraud or deceive a customer in violation of NFA compliance rules.”[11][12]. Left, was also banned in 2016 after he was found culpable of market misconduct in connection with the publication of a research report on Chinese property developer China Evergrande Group.[13]"

This guy spread doubts about GILEAD, TESLA and so forth in the past.

Yahoo conversation. 

I am not winning with CYDY in the same fashion as most of y'all.  I keep buying/selling.  But I have still tripled+ my money now... here's to another double up this time.  :thumbup:  
He got some big headlines a few months ago going after Inovio after their COVID "vaccine" rocketed their stock up. Some will argue these types of people perform a valuable service pushing back against the pumpers and the Jordan Belforts of the world. IMO, most of these guys are just the same kind of scum on the other side of the coin willing to go to great lengths to torpedo any company that comes up on their radar. Sometimes they strike gold by attacking a company that was all hype or even doing things illegally or shady which gives them even more power, but they don't seem to discriminate on who they go after most of the time whether its a legit company or not.

I think it should be illegal to publish "research" if you have a position in a stock either way, but the world has decided that as long as you don't outright lie and you disclose whether you are long or short it's perfectly fine. Caveat emptor.

The following was posted on iHub.  I don't know if it's true.

CITRON FORCED BY CYTODYN LAWYERS TO TAKE DOWN BOGUS REPORT 
CytoDyn's legal team responded quickly to CITRON's illegal short attempt, forcing them to take down the weblink to a bogus research report containing FALSE INFORMATION about the company. The lawyers threatened immediate legal action if CITRON did not cease and desist in the presentation of false information - presumably to influence the stock price.  

The CYDY letter noted that the same language used in the INOVIO research report was used in the CYTODYN report and said there is evidence CITRON is attempting price manipulation and illegal influence by publishing "research" that contains misinformation, baseless conclusions, and opinions designed to defame CytoDyn's Management and the Company. 

We can wait to see if CITRON's fraudulent report results in legal action from CYTODYN.

Teaching kids (14) about investing - what you got? Any good resources? I feel like I can do it from scratch, but if I don't HAVE to...
I gave each of my kids $300 in exchange for reducing their allowance by half for the year.

One put it all into Bank of America.  (apparently came up in a google search).

Other is sitting on the cash, can't decide between Microsoft and Blizzard.

I am giving no input on stock picking, but reviewing every couple weeks and explaining.

Somebody said they were selling SE. Why? Seems like the kind of stock you hold for the next 10 years with the potential for a 5x+
That was me. Sold my shares for a slight profit to go all in on CYDY.  That turned out well!

My ####ty logic...SE seems to have stabilized right now around $105-$110. In 2 weeks we'll find out if CYDY is legit or not. I'm willing to chase the upside of CYDY. 

Also, I saw an article on chasing alpha from end of May that said SE might be cooking the books. It was behind a paywall so I didn't read it, but it was just enough to put some doubt in the stock. 

Again my whole self managed gambling portfolio is only $10k and I've been only been doing this since April. So feel free to just laugh at me.

Somebody said they were selling SE. Why? Seems like the kind of stock you hold for the next 10 years with the potential for a 5x+
Agreed. Definitely among my Titans. Rebalancing tomorrow, I actually boosted it up from 8% to 10% of my IRA. So it won't sell any.

Otoh, I must admit I'm selling a little of my Tesla. Just back to the target 8%, it too had grown to just under 10%. Most of that will go to Disney shares which have underperformed.

I gave each of my kids $300 in exchange for reducing their allowance by half for the year.

One put it all into Bank of America.  (apparently came up in a google search).

Other is sitting on the cash, can't decide between Microsoft and Blizzard.

I am giving no input on stock picking, but reviewing every couple weeks and explaining.
I invested in Blizzards for a while. Resulted in a nice 10% gain to my waistline.

I am not a big winner like the CYDY OG's, but I wanted to thank this thread.  :bow:

I turned $35k that was sitting earning whatever 1% ish interest rate ... into $60k+ over the last few months. @Todem, @chet (I know chet doesn't like me hah), @FreeBaGeL... thanks.  Others obviously, but in particular these guys have served me well.

Never even occurred to me to invest/trade with this money before.  Wish I had been here years earlier, that 35k had just been sitting there growing by the few hundred/month I had forgottenly set to automatic transfer :lmao:    I had literally forgotten this account existed beyond that it was a pseudo rainy day backup.

It has been fun and eye opening.

Took down from Citron but this was what it was.  Sorry if honda

CytoDyn (CYDY)

SEC Must Immediately Halt this Stock Promotion Scheme

We cannot remember the last time we’ve seen a bigger joke of a stock. This is a

$5 billion market cap company with 10 employees who claims to have the cure

for COVID with zero data and a CEO who sold >$30 million of stock ~70% lower

than yesterday’s closing stock price.

The CEO has made inappropriate promotional claims like “this looks the solution

to coronavirus” leading into his most recent stock sale.

On Feb 4th, 2020, the SEC issued an Investor Alert warning about COVID-related

stock promotions. CytoDyn, a Vancouver based OTC-listed biotech company,

appears to be one such stock promotion. The brazen stock promotion scheme

should immediately be halted by the SEC.

Culper Research has also done good work here which covers the history of the

company in more detail.

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/cc91fda7-4669-4d1b-81ce-a0b8d77f25ab/downloads/Culper_CYDY_2-6-

2020.pdf?ver=1591103388830

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/cc91fda7-4669-4d1b-81ce-a0b8d77f25ab/downloads/Culper_CYDY_2-12-

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/cc91fda7-4669-4d1b-81ce-a0b8d77f25ab/downloads/Culper_CYDY_5-8-

CytoDyn has aggressively touted its investigational drug candidate, Leronlimab, as

a potential treatment for COVID-19. However, there is zero scientific data to

support this view. This has not prevented the company from making several

misleading and disingenuous claims in an effort to generate hype around their

drug candidate and stock price.

So far this year, CytoDyn has issued 51 press releases, conducted 5 conference

calls, participated in no less than 24 interviews, and has utilized several third-

party investor relations and stock newsletter services.

CytoDyn has used the increased attention to raise capital multiple times since

January 2020. The company has regularly employed selective and incomplete

disclosure in order to continue to promote the stock.

Page 2

June 30, 2020

© Copyright 2020 | Citron Research | www.citronresearch.com | All Inquiries – info@citronresearch.com

Below are the red flags that should be on the radar of the SEC:

• On April 27, 2020, CytoDyn held its latest investor conference call. Jacob

Lalezari, the company’s interim Chief Medical Officer (CMO) made several

statements implying Leronlimab’s efficacy in treating patients with COVID.

Not only are these claims highly inappropriate given the lack of available

data, Lalezari was presented as an independent medical authority with no

financial interest in CytoDyn

o “It’s clear this drug is working, working better than we ever could

have imagined. The sooner we bring relief to people, the better”

o “I think we’ve shown this could be the one drug that does it all”

o “There’s no doubt in my mind anymore about how important this

drug is going to be for COVID-19”

• On the same conference call, CEO Nader Pourhassan said that he believed

his mother-in-law was alive because of Leronlimab treatment. Though the

Leronlimab trial received clearance in Nov 2018 and expects to enroll 48

patients, enrollment thus far has been just 3, of which 1 is the CEO’s

mother-in-law

o In the absence of real clinical data, the company relies on buzzy

anecdotal reports and makes grandiose claims such as “the patient is

somebody close to me, in San Jose. This patient was … essentially

[on] life support … and is now close to being off ventilator and

they’ve already made plans to ship her to rehab to continue her

care and physical therapy” (2:36, Apr 30th, 2020 Proactive Investors)

• Prior to the April 27 call, the COVID-19 thesis put forth by management was

that Leronlimab would aid in supressing the cytokine storm which has been

leading to complications in many cases. Before this point, Leronlimab was

not framed as anti-viral. On April 24, a letter to the editor was published in

the NEJM that included data from Kidney-transplant recipients that had

been infected with COVID-19. 6 of 36 patients were administered

Leronlimab. Only 1 those patients remained in stable condition without

intubation. CytoDyn management failed to mention this important fact on

their April 27 call despite indicating that the NEJM publication was one of

the subjects of the call. They did briefly mention the reduction in IL-6 levels

in treated patients, but failed to mention the clinical outcomes. Instead,

the company pivoted its thesis and claimed that Leronlimab has been

associated with reduction in viral load observed in blood plasma. This

appears to be a bait and switch whereby management is attempting to

avoid disclosing any negative information to investors. When asked to

Page 3

June 30, 2020

© Copyright 2020 | Citron Research | www.citronresearch.com | All Inquiries – info@citronresearch.com

elaborate on their new breakthrough by a participant on the call, the CEO

refuses to provide any additional detail and ends the Q&A shortly

thereafter

o On April 27, Sanofi / Regeneron announced disappointing results

from their phase 2 trial testing Kevzara (an IL-6 inhibitor) on COVID-

19 patients. This has potential read-through to CytoDyn’s original

hopes for Leronlimab, which is likely another reason the company

decided to pivot away from their original thesis

o CytoDyn’s March 16 press release indicates Leronlimab is being

explored as “therapy for patients who experience respiratory

complications” from COVID-19. There is no mention of anti-viral

properties at any point before the April 27 call

• While CytoDyn continues to avoid disseminating any negative news to

investors, the company never wastes an opportunity to tout anecdotal

COVID-19 success stories. This selective disclosure is alarming because it

fails to portray an accurate picture to investors. To-date the company has

not disclosed full data from the patients they have treated

o “patients with mild-moderate disease were given a dose of

leronlimab, they very quickly come off oxygen. We have many

patients now who were intubated, they were given a dose of

leronlimab, they come off intubation” (6:29, Apr 13th, 2020 Proactive

Investors)

o In response to why the HIV BLA hasn’t yet been submitted: “saving

these peoples lives today is the most urgent thing we could be doing

… we said “ok lets try it” and so we had to put all of our team to save

peoples lives. Thank you, the shareholders, for allowing the company

to be at this point to be able to do that. So we saved some lives, its

been on the news, it’s no fluke or hoax, it happened” (4:11). “For the

good of the humanity we’re going to try it and now it looks like, to

me, that this is the solution to coronavirus” (5:30, Apr 15th,

2020 Proactive Investors)

o “at the end of the day that [offering some ray of hope to help save

the lives of loved ones] is what keeps CytoDyn working, it’s always

been a company with huge heart and a major focus on patients and

it’s also something that keeps us working long hours in the lab to

figure this disease out, and I think we have … the results explain

themselves” (8:05, Apr 30th, 2020 Proactive Investors)

• The company has stated several times that it recently raised capital in the

form of debt convertible into stock at $4.50 per share with no warrants.

Page 4

June 30, 2020

The company has attempted to frame this as validation of their success –

the supposed ability to raise external capital at favorable terms. However,

what CytoDyn fails to mention is that the convertible note has a reset

feature – its conversion price gets adjusted down to wherever the

company’s next equity deal gets priced. As a result, the sticker price of the

convertible financing is largely irrelevant. Furthermore, the financing

included an original issuer discount (OID) of $2.1 million, representing ~12%

of the total principal amount of the financing. Iliad Research and Trading

has a history of financing questionable public microcap entities with similar

structured financings

• On April 28, 2020, CytoDyn disclosed that shareholders, including three

former Board Members, had filed a lawsuit against CytoDyn for unjust

enrichment. The three former Board Members include Anthony Caracciolo

(2012-2019), Greg Gould (2007-2019), and Carl Dockery (2014-2019),

where all three resigned in 2019. Part of the complaint is related to a

contingent share award disclosed on January 28, 2020 whereby

management was to be granted 11.65m shares (currently worth >US$30m)

if CytoDyn achieves breakthrough designation within 6 months. The value

of this award is egregious relative to the milestone involved and the pre-

revenue nature of the company. This award supports the view that

CytoDyn is a stock promotion scheme intended to enrich insiders

• Days later, on Apr 30th, 2020, CytoDyn filed an S-3/A which includes 2

million $0.63 warrants issued to CEO Nader Pourhassan in connection

with the above-mentioned share grant S-3/A. The S-3 also listed Michael

McCarthy from the Dream Team Group, a former stock promotion scheme

exposed by Adam Feuerstein and Richard Pearson Buysstrike

• CEO Nader Pourhassan ultimately sold ~10 million shares (>$30 million)

between Apr 30th and May 4th

• There is an alarming level of management and board turnover as well as

troubling allegations that the CEO has ignored concerns around patient

safety from the company’s former CMO. This struggle resulted in three

additional board member resignations and was well-highlighted in a lawsuit

filed by the same CMO (lawsuit number: 1:19-cv-01563-RGA). Several of

these resigned board members are involved in the above-referenced unjust

enrichment lawsuit

It's not unheard of for companies to respond to these reports with press releases of their own. If they want to get ahead of it and state their own case. No idea if they're in a blackout period related to the data. 

Forget everything you think you know.  This thing could be $1 or $10 tomorrow.  In the short term until data comes out we are in the hands of short and long speculators.

conviction

Its either going to help patients or it’s not.
which is why my advice was to lock in solid gains when people were getting 3X or better.

Anyone who’s smart at this investing stuff - could use some perspective/help

I’m researching international stock ETF that pay a dividend. To diversify all my domestic exposure but guarantee income. I found IDV. The quarterly dividend going back years is all over the map. Dividend yield shows at 7.07%. Last ex date was 6/15. How far do they go back when they calculate the dividend yield? Is it one year average of the last 4 quarters? Is it average of last full calendar year? Trying to determine how sustainable this juicy 7.07% yield is. TIA!

Sorry all. I finally funded my TD account and got in this morning at 9.70. Did the same thing when BLMN “dipped” to 11.67. I should be banned from this thread.
Been there before dude.  Look at BLMN this way, you didn't sell at $9.66 and miss the rebuy on Friday by a few pennies only to be left at the station.  I still think you'll come out ok on that.  We all make mistakes.  For me, most times my regrets are the trades I make too early or hastily.

Sorry all. I finally funded my TD account and got in this morning at 9.70. Did the same thing when BLMN “dipped” to 11.67. I should be banned from this thread.
That’s tough, but stay put with what you’re holding.  

You’ll be glad you did.   

I failed 2 out of 3 tries BLMN, I am 4 for 4 on CYDY.

I imagine this is why people don't do this for a living.. rolling the dice.

I failed 2 out of 3 tries BLMN, I am 4 for 4 on CYDY.

I imagine this is why people don't do this for a living.. rolling the dice.
It's a gamble for sure like Todem said.  I only really worry when I'm not a super long term holder.  The stuff I want to own for 10+ years I don't really care if they bounce around.  Sometimes I hope for it to add more.  I've been taking the winnings from the gambles to accumulate the long term stuff rather than raise the stakes in the gambling.

Users who are viewing this thread