What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (23 Viewers)

Wonder if amazon hits that 3300 again this week with their earnings due. Good day to start, that’s for sure. 
I’m sure it will go down after earnings. $3300 is a huge run up so unless they truly blow the doors off, it will be buy the rumor sell the news. 

I’m up huge on everything today. The smart investor in me says it’s time take some profits, the irrational greedy idiot in me says lambo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m sure it will go down after earnings. $3300 is a huge run up so unless they truly blow the doors off, it will be buy the rumor sell the news. 
Yea thinking of selling Thursday and buying back on the dip. I dunno though, I almost never screw around with that stock. 

Taking a shot on silver here, which I've been watching for (checks notes) 7 years in anticipation of a move.  Maybe NOW is the time?  Jesus.....what a slug.  Here's a 10 year chart.  20 seems like the ultimate point of resistance, but this environment feels a little different.  

Played AGQ because I'm not right in the head.  Also jumped back into NUGT, which is what I've been using on and off with JNUG for gold exposure. But I like to gamble and retirement for me just isn't going to ever happen, so #### it, I say.

Crossed 20 today for the first time in a long time.  I held AGQ through the darkest of times back in March; too stubborn to sell.  I went about two weeks without even opening my PA.  To scared to look.   I was back to green on this thing this morning for a brief moment in time.  

I'm not ready to talk about NUGT yet.  I need a therapy couch and a doll to start. 

Idiot me sold my Zoom on margin and my cash buy back didn't fill.  It's up huge.
That’s why I sit on these. They can jump 10% or more (TWLO and FSLY went up 40% in one day earlier this year) in a day. Also, if I wait until October to sell, that would save me $6k in taxes.

I pity you or your accountant doing your taxes next year.

Yea thinking of selling Thursday and buying back on the dip. I dunno though, I almost never screw around with that stock. 
Long term taxes are much better than short term for me so I won’t be selling until later in the year since I just sold some at $3k to get my cash position back up. I’ll probably sell a couple other things at the end of the year, but I don’t try and time things with these tech stocks. Amazon’s a bit bigger scale so a 5% move like today is huge.

Didn't they make part of their last earnings statement a warning about this quarter's earnings?
They did say they’d continue to invest in CV prep but I think they might be done on the 1 day investment. I think that was Q4/Q1 and that worked out well. What I’m looking more at is the sales growth. They had a pretty insane 20%+ in Q1, which is pretty insane at their size. They are still investing to grow and like the last two quarters are still going to do what they think keeps that growth going. I think they’ll continue to invest in shipping to become self sufficient and start taking 3rd party shipments to maybe get shipping to a no cost, which would be huge consider how much they spend on shipping every year.

That’s why I sit on these. They can jump 10% or more (TWLO and FSLY went up 40% in one day earlier this year) in a day. Also, if I wait until October to sell, that would save me $6k in taxes.

I pity you or your accountant doing your taxes next year.
I would have held, but I accidentally bought it on margin and wanted to free up those funds.  Fidelity defaults to margin when you don't already have a position which is a pia.

Crossed 20 today for the first time in a long time.  I held AGQ through the darkest of times back in March; too stubborn to sell.  I went about two weeks without even opening my PA.  To scared to look.   I was back to green on this thing this morning for a brief moment in time.  

I'm not ready to talk about NUGT yet.  I need a therapy couch and a doll to start. 
The miners are on a run. Time will heal your NUGT wounds.

The results from that astra vaccine seem very positive and they’re down 3% today. Didn’t have a crazy run up last week either. 

I've grown to like Adam Feuerstein despite his anti-CYDY posts (which do have some legitimacy).  He pretty much criticizes everything which is probably appropriate in the pharma world.  Companies only give us slanted news.

@adamfeuerstein

I am NOT a vaccine expert but the Oxford $AZN data look mediocre to me — disappointing relative to all the hype coming into Monday. Is this how others more knowledgable than me see it, too? What am I missing here?

The results from that astra vaccine seem very positive and they’re down 3% today. Didn’t have a crazy run up last week either. 
And the WFH stocks are rallying while re-opening names are getting crushed. Don’t really understand it.

Tonight's interview with Patterson should be interesting.  Nader's timeline was that they might get results today and then do a PR on Tuesday.  It'll be hard for Patterson to do an interview and not let the cat out of the bag.  It wouldn't surprise me if the PR comes out today after the market closes.  Would be good timing with vaccines slated to be talked about on Capitol Hill on Tuesday.

I've grown to like Adam Feuerstein despite his anti-CYDY posts (which do have some legitimacy).  He pretty much criticizes everything which is probably appropriate in the pharma world.  Companies only give us slanted news.
It's tougher for a shill like that to bash a larger entity like AZ; outside of a Goldman or Morgan Stanley report, guys like him aren't moving those kinds of stocks. Their direction will be based on their efficacy, and the market apparently isn't impressed with AZ's vaccine results today. 

You mean the markets are catching a momentarily glimpse of the way the world is right now?  
JPM's base case is 10.5% unemployment at the end of 2020. I'm starting to lean more and more that this Nasdaq action the last couple of months is the "blowoff top" market prognosticators say happens at the end of a bull market.

It's tougher for a shill like that to bash a larger entity like AZ; outside of a Goldman or Morgan Stanley report, guys like him aren't moving those kinds of stocks. Their direction will be based on their efficacy, and the market apparently is impressed with AZ's vaccine results today. 
From a purely humanitarian point of view I really hope they have the golden ticket.  They are well ahead of anyone else and their results (IMO) looked quite good.

Users who are viewing this thread