Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 56.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • fantasycurse42

    3538

  • BassNBrew

    2933

  • stbugs

    2914

  • cosjobs

    1937

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

Good morning.   Value/dividend picks today for those seeking current income, and some long term moderate growth. These stocks are highly defensive.    MDU EXC VZ GIS

What's your prediction for tomorrow.  I am hoping it does exactly what it has done the last two trading days.  Drop down to around $5.10 so I can scoop up some shares and then trade them at the end of the day at around $5.50.  The late push tomorrow might even see it go to $6.00.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

What's your prediction for tomorrow.  I am hoping it does exactly what it has done the last two trading days.  Drop down to around $5.10 so I can scoop up some shares and then trade them at the end of the day at around $5.50.  The late push tomorrow might even see it go to $6.00.

Well as long as we’re hoping...   I hope it spikes to 10ish range, I sell about 10% of what I have and pull out a tidy profit from my total investment.  Tuesday it takes another spike from the good news report to low 20’s and we all start talking about our million dollar number again.  

Edited by dkp993
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Well as long as we’re hoping...   I hope it spikes to 10ish range, I sell about 10% of what I have and pull out a tidy profit from my total investment.  Tuesday it takes another spike from the good news report to low 20’s and we all start talking about our million dollar number again.  

My million dollar number is:  Amazon  :bag:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

What's your prediction for tomorrow.  I am hoping it does exactly what it has done the last two trading days.  Drop down to around $5.10 so I can scoop up some shares and then trade them at the end of the day at around $5.50.  The late push tomorrow might even see it go to $6.00.

I think we hit 6 tomorrow. If the results are great on Tuesday then 10 is in play. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

What's your prediction for tomorrow.  I am hoping it does exactly what it has done the last two trading days.  Drop down to around $5.10 so I can scoop up some shares and then trade them at the end of the day at around $5.50.  The late push tomorrow might even see it go to $6.00.

I think a strong morning in the 6 range. I could see it spiraling upward, but would be very suprised (and a buyer) on any dip.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good article on the Fed and how they'll inevitably buy stocks. The tail is wagging the dog and I suppose this is the problem with a PE guy at the Fed. Powell associates stocks down = job losses. So instead of focusing on growth and jobs, he's focused on propping up the market and hoping that trickles through to employment. 

 https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevincoldiron/2020/07/18/the-fed-is-going-to-buy-stocks/#338883a9eb49

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Caesar said:

My million dollar number is:  Amazon  :bag:

Yeah with only 3k shares my number is up there too, with a cost basis of .68 I’m more then happy though.  But the million dollar number is still fun to talk about. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sporthenry said:

Good article on the Fed and how they'll inevitably buy stocks. The tail is wagging the dog and I suppose this is the problem with a PE guy at the Fed. Powell associates stocks down = job losses. So instead of focusing on growth and jobs, he's focused on propping up the market and hoping that trickles through to employment. 

 https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevincoldiron/2020/07/18/the-fed-is-going-to-buy-stocks/#338883a9eb49

This market is easily the biggest disconnect between prices and fundamentals in 200+ years.  I guess this will keep the ball rolling, though...

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sporthenry said:

Good article on the Fed and how they'll inevitably buy stocks. The tail is wagging the dog and I suppose this is the problem with a PE guy at the Fed. Powell associates stocks down = job losses. So instead of focusing on growth and jobs, he's focused on propping up the market and hoping that trickles through to employment. 

 https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevincoldiron/2020/07/18/the-fed-is-going-to-buy-stocks/#338883a9eb49

I didn't read the article--but if your cliff notes version is what it boils down to--i think thats a horrid plan.  Huge corporations are not concerned with employment--they are concerned with keeping both present and future costs down--which generally is more supportive of automation than it is employment.  Once these big companies get fully automated and are able to make things without the associated costs of labor/staffing/workers comp insurance--those jobs are gone forever.   If Powell and the government really cared about the employment numbers--they should be dumping money into small businesses. Thats where the employers are.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sporthenry said:

Good article on the Fed and how they'll inevitably buy stocks. The tail is wagging the dog and I suppose this is the problem with a PE guy at the Fed. Powell associates stocks down = job losses. So instead of focusing on growth and jobs, he's focused on propping up the market and hoping that trickles through to employment. 

 https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevincoldiron/2020/07/18/the-fed-is-going-to-buy-stocks/#338883a9eb49

He makes a good point about why would companies give up equity when they have access to cheap debt due to the Fed buying bonds. I knew that was bad but didn't think it through to that point. With that one move the Fed turned our market into a ponzi scheme. We really are going full on Japan here, aren't we?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

I didn't read the article--but if your cliff notes version is what it boils down to--i think thats a horrid plan.  Huge corporations are not concerned with employment--they are concerned with keeping both present and future costs down--which generally is more supportive of automation than it is employment.  Once these big companies get fully automated and are able to make things without the associated costs of labor/staffing/workers comp insurance--those jobs are gone forever.   If Powell and the government really cared about the employment numbers--they should be dumping money into small businesses. Thats where the employers are.  

Well his biggest point is that they've created massive moral hazard. If they keep subsidizing debt, they're going to create bigger issues down the road so they're better off buying equity so everyone doesn't issue debt. Then also talks about how folks are invested so retirements rely on the market. Then touches on trying to stave off a recession or depression by keeping the markets up which would help employment. I just think the efficacy of that is horrendous and will lead to massive wealth redistribution. So that is why I highlight it. It's honestly not a long read so I'd recommend it. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sporthenry said:

Then touches on trying to stave off a recession or depression by keeping the markets up which would help employment.

He didn't say "prop up public sector pensions" but might as well.  If these start going belly up, requiring massive tax increases and public sector job cuts, it will be a nasty, nasty downward spiral.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Oh I saw it up 10% in after hours so I was assuming there was some news

Someone up-thread speculated CYDY may be waiting until Tuesday so they weren't competing with the AZN announcement on Monday (no idea what that might be or if an announcement is even going to happen).  I also saw the stock was up ~25% since 7/14 and Motley Fool recommended the stock on 7/18.  Not much to go on, but that's why I originally asked about buying in premarket tomorrow morning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Capella said:

Was somebody doing a cydy interview tonight?

Nothing today.


1. Dr. NP on Dr. Been - 7/18 @ 6pm or 9pm
2. Dr. BP on Dr. Been - 7/20 @ 9pm ET
3. Dr. Yo on Dr. Drew - 7/21 @ 6pm ET
4. Dr. BP on Dr. Yo - Week of 7/27 TBD

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Steeler said:

Someone up-thread speculated CYDY may be waiting until Tuesday so they weren't competing with the AZN announcement on Monday (no idea what that might be or if an announcement is even going to happen).  I also saw the stock was up ~25% since 7/14 and Motley Fool recommended the stock on 7/18.  Not much to go on, but that's why I originally asked about buying in premarket tomorrow morning.

Edited by BassNBrew
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. I bought 1 to 2 months ago when I read about trump committing $1 billion to them. I was surprised there wasn’t a Bob at the time so I assume that I miss read something. It actually went down after that so I’ve just been holding waiting for an excellent point

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Steeler said:

Someone up-thread speculated CYDY may be waiting until Tuesday so they weren't competing with the AZN announcement on Monday (no idea what that might be or if an announcement is even going to happen).  I also saw the stock was up ~25% since 7/14 and Motley Fool recommended the stock on 7/18.  Not much to go on, but that's why I originally asked about buying in premarket tomorrow morning.

If there were some great results, how could that be kept secret?  Someone would be spilling some beans.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Steeler said:

Someone up-thread speculated CYDY may be waiting until Tuesday so they weren't competing with the AZN announcement on Monday (no idea what that might be or if an announcement is even going to happen).  I also saw the stock was up ~25% since 7/14 and Motley Fool recommended the stock on 7/18.  Not much to go on, but that's why I originally asked about buying in premarket tomorrow morning.

Can you link this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sporthenry said:

Good article on the Fed and how they'll inevitably buy stocks. The tail is wagging the dog and I suppose this is the problem with a PE guy at the Fed. Powell associates stocks down = job losses. So instead of focusing on growth and jobs, he's focused on propping up the market and hoping that trickles through to employment. 

 https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevincoldiron/2020/07/18/the-fed-is-going-to-buy-stocks/#338883a9eb49

Fed is anti vol

at all costs smooth out the peaks and troughs. The problem is once they step in they can never stop out.

how in the world can they raise rates when the entire world owes a #### ton of $$$s

despite what they’ve said, I think negative rates are a 50/50 proposition on a 5 year time horizon. They’ve repeatedly said XYZ is off limits and then ended up doing XYZ (under the name ABC).

intersting times!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CR69 said:

He makes a good point about why would companies give up equity when they have access to cheap debt due to the Fed buying bonds. I knew that was bad but didn't think it through to that point. With that one move the Fed turned our market into a ponzi scheme. We really are going full on Japan here, aren't we?

Yes, we are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Oh I saw it up 10% in after hours so I was assuming there was some news

Lots of people speculating about good vaccine news coming from AZN tomorrow.  WSB is loading up on AZN calls.  You know what that means.

Get your put orders in, boys.

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2020 at 12:33 PM, cubd8 said:

My newest portfolio:

BA (45), DIS (45) TGT (25) FOUR (4), FB (2), GS (12), SBUX (11), DKNG (16), UAL (74), UBER (25), GOOG (1), GT (3)

This past week, added some banking stocks:

  • Sold my 1 share of Google at 1512 (made $3 of profit). I decided to share because unless I was going to own more than a handful, I didn't see the benefit and moved it elsewhere.
  • 10 shares of CITI
  • 5 shares of JPM
  • Added additional shares of Goldman (now own 20 shares).
  • Added additional shares of Draftkings after they dropped below 30 (now own 30 shares).
  • Added 3 shares of FB (now own 5).

Updated list

BA (45), DIS (45) TGT (25) FOUR (4), FB (5), GS (20), SBUX (11), DKNG (30), UAL (74), UBER (25), C (10), JPM (5), GT (3)

Next moves: I would like to add more FB and banking stocks. I would like to get my FB number up to 10-15 shares and have just started my dabbling into banking stocks. Short-term, they are all questionable. Longer term, which is what I generally lean on, I feel good. My goal for EOY is to have 20 shares of FB, 25 C, and 25 JPM. Not sure if I will get there as I tend to invest savings, but I am planning on being as aggressive as possible.

How am I looking? So far, on the year, I'm up about 7%. Always looking for advice.

Edited by cubd8
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 17,100 shares. If this hits $10 I'll be more than happy to sell 2000 shares to more than cover my initial nvestment as I missed out last time. I'd love to be free and clear and free roll 15k shares

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Penguin said:

I have 17,100 shares. If this hits $10 I'll be more than happy to sell 2000 shares to more than cover my initial nvestment as I missed out last time. I'd love to be free and clear and free roll 15k shares

I have 15k shares and I would sell a similar amount. That would not cover my initial investment (got in later) but would be a good start. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Not sure how much this actually matters right now but on fidelity the bid/ask for CYDY is 2.42 and 5.81

Feel like this happens often.  6:30-7:00 am and the bid ask is similar to what you posted.  Then it runs up to reality.  No idea why.

ETA Just jumped up to 5.40/5.50 as I typed this.

Edited by unckeyherb
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Penguin said:

I have 17,100 shares. If this hits $10 I'll be more than happy to sell 2000 shares to more than cover my initial nvestment as I missed out last time. I'd love to be free and clear and free roll 15k shares

 

4 hours ago, ex-ghost said:

I have 15k shares and I would sell a similar amount. That would not cover my initial investment (got in later) but would be a good start. 

I must admit, I'd love to feel comfortable with $85-150k in one company. Especially one that is big on potential but short on history.  

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Lots of people speculating about good vaccine news coming from AZN tomorrow.  WSB is loading up on AZN calls.  You know what that means.

Get your put orders in, boys.

Sadly, kind of how I feel about Cytodyn right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Capella said:

Comfortable?

Maybe I read more into the phrasing than was intended. 

If I'm talking about being free and clear and free rolling, that implies a certain level of comfort. Imo. 

For me to keep that much in any one company, I'd have over $3M in equities. Maybe before retirement, but not yet. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cubd8 said:

This past week, added some banking stocks:

  • Sold my 1 share of Google at 1512 (made $3 of profit). I decided to share because unless I was going to own more than a handful, I didn't see the benefit and moved it elsewhere.
  • 10 shares of CITI
  • 5 shares of JPM
  • Added additional shares of Goldman (now own 20 shares).
  • Added additional shares of Draftkings after they dropped below 30 (now own 30 shares).
  • Added 3 shares of FB (now own 5).

Updated list

BA (45), DIS (45) TGT (25) FOUR (4), FB (5), GS (20), SBUX (11), DKNG (30), UAL (74), UBER (25), C (10), JPM (5), GT (3)

Next moves: I would like to add more FB and banking stocks. I would like to get my FB number up to 10-15 shares and have just started my dabbling into banking stocks. Short-term, they are all questionable. Longer term, which is what I generally lean on, I feel good. My goal for EOY is to have 20 shares of FB, 25 C, and 25 JPM. Not sure if I will get there as I tend to invest savings, but I am planning on being as aggressive as possible.

How am I looking? So far, on the year, I'm up about 7%. Always looking for advice.

Plenty of benefit owning one share of google.  I'd rather be diversified among AMZN, Google, and FB than all in FB.  Up 10% is the same weather it's one share of Google or 5 shares of FB.  One share of Amazon went from 1600-1800 to 3000-3400 in a year.

Personally I think Disney is a huge risk without much upside in the next 2 years.  I bought earlier in the year in the 90s and sold around 115.  We could very easily see the 90s again once their earnings are announced especially with any market pull back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Capella said:

Something called synairgen posted positive covid results and is up 400% this morning. 

Quote

 

UK’s Synairgen claims ‘major breakthrough’ treatment

British pharmaceutical company Synairgen claimed its new respiratory coronavirus treatment has reduced the number of hospitalized Covid-19 patients needing to be placed on ventilators.

The drug, SNG001, is a formulation of a naturally occurring antiviral protein called interferon beta, inhaled directly into the lungs via a nebulizer. In a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of 101 patients between March 30 and May 27, the treatment produced a 79% lower risk of patients developing severe disease than those given a placebo. Synairgen also claimed that patients treated with SNG001 “were more than twice as likely to recover (defined as ‘no limitation of activities’ or ‘no clinical or virological evidence of infection’) over the course of the treatment period.”

The study has not yet been published in a peer-reviewed journal, and the full data has not been made publicly available, but Synairgen CEO Richard Marsden said the trial could “signal a major breakthrough” in the treatment of hospitalized Covid-19 patients. —Elliot Smith

 

Looks like they beat CYDY to the punch.

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...