What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (10 Viewers)

That would suck.

so would walking up to $CYDY being on CNBC with an opening price of $15 and having it run from there and having sold half your posistion.

No Right or Wrong answers here
Yep, that’s why I only sold enough to feel good and not go red. If it goes to the moon, I’ll just have to deal with 14k shares of profit. I’m good with that. 

Good.   Shows you ain’t stupid.

its too late now.  Grab your helmet.  
I take solace knowing we still have the severe/critical should this be a flub and anecdotally, we've helped that population. But yea, officially terrified that I just lit $50k on fire. 

IDGAF where we close, but I'm officially terrified.

It doesn't matter if it is a freeroll to me, it's $50k I could pull out right now, that I'm not. That's a large wager, imo. 
Good.   Shows you ain’t stupid.

its too late now.  Grab your helmet.  
The reality is tomorrow’s news, especially if it’s less than positive, ultimately means nothing. If you got in early you got in for the long-haul for HIV and cancer.   That’s the play even if it goes sideways tomorrow. Many of us (including  @The Ref) have been saying this for a while.  

I guess everyone has cast their dice by now.

HFS, might be my best day ever on the market. Up a half year’s salary today alone.
nice :)

Doesn't matter if you don't sell.
:shrug:   I get it, but if the TSP reflects like it should, I'm going to be very happy later.  Arbitrary but pretty number.

Until the markets fall again. :oldunsure:

This is me too. I've locked in $5k of profit and I've got 7,297 shares I'm rolling along with.

I can't imagine a worse feeling than walking into my account in 2021 and showing a loss on a stock that I started buying at 29 cents that got as high as $10. 
if this is the worst thing that ever happened to you, you've done well in life. 

Will Dr. Bruce Patterson please come on down.  You're the next contestant on Rags to Riches...or is it Riches to Rags...let's find out.

$IBM with a bump on an earnings beat.  

It's been such a laggard that I'm sure I'm the only one around here who follows them, but it's my single biggest holding due to working there for 5 years and buying via the ESPP.  Just been collecting the dividends and waiting for the shares to "qualify" so I get the preferential tax treatment on the sale, but I probably should have sold the last time they crossed $130.  

And now back to all CYDY all the time.

It's been such a laggard that I'm sure I'm the only one around here who follows them, but it's my single biggest holding due to working there for 5 years and buying via the ESPP.  Just been collecting the dividends and waiting for the shares to "qualify" so I get the preferential tax treatment on the sale, but I probably should have sold the last time they crossed $130.  

IBM still exists?  ;)

yeah, this has become "the CYDY and maybe some other stuff when we feel like it thread".  

Fun fact

I was out for 3 hours until right before the close.  So not going to go through four pages of posts I missed.  I see the CYDY was on a Fox biz channel graphic as one of five stocks working on a Covid solution.  Did I win a Honda?

I was out for 3 hours until right before the close.  So not going to go through four pages of posts I missed.  I see the CYDY was on a Fox biz channel graphic as one of five stocks working on a Covid solution.  Did I win a Honda?
Yes a civic.  It was nice to see the ticker (an OTC stock no less) on the screen with some of the other big companies.  

You missed some paranoia.  Some small talk.  

Yes a civic.  It was nice to see the ticker (an OTC stock no less) on the screen with some of the other big companies.  

You missed some paranoia.  Some small talk.  
I was really weird that it traded in that five cent range for three hours.

He will of course be asked about his relationship with Cytodyn, and may even be quoted that his lab prices were too high.  Plenty of opportunity to throw shade there, or just sidestep the question and say that he "loves" Nader.  Will be interesting to see what he says.

Also, curious how his telling of the story of how leronlimab gels with NP's.  NP says it wa someone on his team that called Nader, who then called Bruce who said "Yes, this could work".

From my understanding of watching Bruce's previous descriptions of the story, the discovery that leronlimab could work came from his team, and it was implied they initiated the communications.

Really curious how that goes down....and part of me (conspiratorially) wonders if this is one of the reasons NP pushed his appearance with Drbeen up in order to get the first version of the narrative out, before Patterson could.  DRAMA.

He will of course be asked about his relationship with Cytodyn, and may even be quoted that his lab prices were too high.  Plenty of opportunity to throw shade there, or just sidestep the question and say that he "loves" Nader.  Will be interesting to see what he says.

Also, curious how his telling of the story of how leronlimab gels with NP's.  NP says it wa someone on his team that called Nader, who then called Bruce who said "Yes, this could work".

From my understanding of watching Bruce's previous descriptions of the story, the discovery that leronlimab could work came from his team, and it was implied they initiated the communications.

Really curious how that goes down....and part of me (conspiratorially) wonders if this is one of the reasons NP pushed his appearance with Drbeen up in order to get the first version of the narrative out, before Patterson could.  DRAMA.
Nadar seemed anything but drama when it came to giving credit to scientists for their work.

My understanding is he has between 500-600K stock options in CYDY. 

They could have screwed him completely over but he’s got a hell of a lot of reasons to for this stock to do well in the next 24 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread