Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 57.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • fantasycurse42

    3538

  • BassNBrew

    2947

  • stbugs

    2946

  • cosjobs

    1959

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

First reference.  Brings a tear to my eye. $CYDY #notselling

I don’t think this is going to rattle anyone but they haven’t released any PR after the 5PM hour in the recent history.  Safe to say we off the clock for 11 hours and 47 minutes

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Ref said:

I don’t think this is going to rattle anyone but they haven’t released any PR after the 5PM hour in the recent history.  Safe to say we off the clock for 11 hours and 47 minutes

I always assumed Tuesday after market at the earliest. That’s sort of why I took a little off the table today thinking tomorrow could be easier to pressure with no news. Shorts can use that. Might not work but wouldn’t shock me to dip a bit tomorrow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, DEADHEAD said:

Ok I'm way more chill now. At least I was until I looked at the PTON chart. I should have bought that damn stock in March.

 

Yep

It was on my list of possibilities, but I wouldn't buy the service / product so I didn't buy the stock.

Of course, many other people are thrilled with the product, so I'm the odd ball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DEADHEAD said:

Ok I'm way more chill now. At least I was until I looked at the PTON chart. I should have bought that damn stock in March.

So who's got the Patterson Been details? Youtube? What's up? I want to listen (duh).

You could have bought almost anything in March and be up a ton.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I always assumed Tuesday after market at the earliest. That’s sort of why I took a little off the table today thinking tomorrow could be easier to pressure with no news. Shorts can use that. Might not work but wouldn’t shock me to dip a bit tomorrow. 

I agree.  Might be able to buy in the high 5's and sell at today's close.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

I agree.  Might be able to buy in the high 5's and sell at today's close.

Did they not say Tuesday morning on the PR? I could have swore he specifically said morning, but I may he dreaming. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Making Leronlimab frontline treatment is prob the only in the world he could earn my vote.

ETA: can someone watch this #### and tell me if LL is discussed?

Edited by fantasycurse42
Link to post
Share on other sites

What app does everyone use for trading? I’ve been lurking in this thread for a while, although sitting through the CDNY stuff to find anything else has been painful. Any help would be appreciated. If I could channel all the time I spend looking up football stuff into stocks I might actually make some decent fun money... 

any good places to start besides the fbg forum? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, The Ref said:

I don’t think this is going to rattle anyone but they haven’t released any PR after the 5PM hour in the recent history.  Safe to say we off the clock for 11 hours and 47 minutes

I think if it is AM tomorrow it is more likely 6AM Pacific. They are a west coast company. I can’t imagine them releasing info like this at 3AM local time. 

Edited by This_Guy
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, I-ROK said:

What app does everyone use for trading? I’ve been lurking in this thread for a while, although sitting through the CDNY stuff to find anything else has been painful. Any help would be appreciated. If I could channel all the time I spend looking up football stuff into stocks I might actually make some decent fun money... 

any good places to start besides the fbg forum? 

I use Fidelity. Have all but one old 401k there. Makes everything easy and there’s no trading fees and the app works well.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Otis said:

What happened?  Did we win?  Is there something tongint?

We won this afternoon.  Everyone here cashed out before the crash.  Not many around tonight because we are specing out our yacht and finding a second home with a big enough yacht.  

  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, I-ROK said:

What app does everyone use for trading? I’ve been lurking in this thread for a while, although sitting through the CDNY stuff to find anything else has been painful. Any help would be appreciated. If I could channel all the time I spend looking up football stuff into stocks I might actually make some decent fun money... 

any good places to start besides the fbg forum? 

Reasons Schwab is the bee's knees:

1. Site isn't glitchy.  I've never had problems with Schwab whereas people regularly complain about Fidelity and TDAmeritrade not working

2. Zero atm fees anywhere in the world (checking account is automatically linked to brokerage account)

3. Zero foreign transaction fees when using debit card

4. Zero account fees

5. Zero trade fees

6. I can buy and sell OTC's like CYDY with market orders (others can only use limit orders)

7. $100 bonus if you deposit $1,000 with this link when opening account (I get a bonus, too) https://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/nn/refer-prospect.html?refrid=REFERXYMXZRNX

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, I-ROK said:

What app does everyone use for trading? I’ve been lurking in this thread for a while, although sitting through the CDNY stuff to find anything else has been painful. Any help would be appreciated. If I could channel all the time I spend looking up football stuff into stocks I might actually make some decent fun money... 

any good places to start besides the fbg forum? 

I'm a big fan of fidelity.  If you can get to $25000, then margin access is available.

A few of us actually talk stocks.  If you chime in I'll be glad to give my thoughts.  There have been a few others that I've traded thoughts with on non-cydy stuff.  I know they mostly get ignored, but I'll be sure to chime in if.  Heck, I was the guy who sold Amazon on the last run.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I use Fidelity. Have all but one old 401k there. Makes everything easy and there’s no trading fees and the app works well.

I do like Fidelity

20 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

We won this afternoon.  Everyone here cashed out before the crash.  Not many around tonight because we are specing out our yacht and finding a second home with a big enough yacht.  

No yacht here, just a distillery.

9 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

I'm a big fan of fidelity.  If you can get to $25000, then margin access is available.

A few of us actually talk stocks.  If you chime in I'll be glad to give my thoughts.  There have been a few others that I've traded thoughts with on non-cydy stuff.  I know they mostly get ignored, but I'll be sure to chime in if.  Heck, I was the guy who sold Amazon on the last run.

I just went over $25k. Do I need to request margin access?

Link to post
Share on other sites

:)

Finally, up for the year, while even accounting for deposits. Barely, but we're there.  Losing ~$200k february-April kinda hurt.

until tomorrow. :oldunsure:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

I do like Fidelity

No yacht here, just a distillery.

I just went over $25k. Do I need to request margin access?

Yup.  I think you can do it online.

You should also call them and get your after/pre-market hours trading turned on.

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BassNBrew said:

Yup.  I think you can do it online.

You should also call them and get your after/pre-market hours trading turned on.

Couldn't hurt, but I don't plan on using that much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Made a quick buck on Lowes and Netflix on the earnings over reactions.

Yeah, there can be benefit. 

I just like turning that part off after hours. Work and stocks stop about the same time most days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

We won this afternoon.  Everyone here cashed out before the crash.  Not many around tonight because we are specing out our yacht and finding a second home with a big enough yacht.  

I hope you guys are messing with me.  Because Chet told me to HODL

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Otis said:

I hope you guys are messing with me.  Because Chet told me to HODL

You should just check back in here before starting your work day tomorrow. You'll be able to take the temperature in here in about ten seconds.

  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kevzilla said:

You should just check back in here before starting your work day tomorrow. You'll be able to take the temperature in here in about ten seconds.

Tell it to me straight: are we expecting something good, or something bad?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Otis said:

Tell it to me straight: are we expecting something good, or something bad?

Most of us are expecting something pretty good, but perhaps not a slam dunk. I don't think we'll all face a moment of decision, but you never know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Otis said:

Tell it to me straight: are we expecting something good, or something bad?

I cashed out $5k worth of profit, I’m free rolling $46k worth of Cytodyn...

I’m fully expecting disaster

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fantasycurse42 said:

IDGAF where we close, but I'm officially terrified.

It doesn't matter if it is a freeroll to me, it's $50k I could pull out right now, that I'm not. That's a large wager, imo. 

It’s funny looking at my position of $32k worth of CYDY with an unrealized gain of $27k.  And that’s after I’ve cashed out a whole bunch of profit.

Free roll baby.  Let it ride.

Hell I once ran up $70k in online blackjack from a starting $250 and then blew it all.  I survived that.  I could survive this.

  • Love 1
  • Laughing 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Otis said:

It’s funny looking at my position of $32k worth of CYDY with an unrealized gain of $27k.  And that’s after I’ve cashed out a whole bunch of profit.

Free roll baby.  Let it ride.

Hell I once ran up $70k in online blackjack from a starting $250 and then blew it all.  I survived that.  I could survive this.

I remember that thread.  Your wife should have divorced you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Otis said:

It’s funny looking at my position of $32k worth of CYDY with an unrealized gain of $27k.  And that’s after I’ve cashed out a whole bunch of profit.

Free roll baby.  Let it ride.

Hell I once ran up $70k in online blackjack from a starting $250 and then blew it all.  I survived that.  I could survive this.

Definitely would prefer to take Otis to Mohegan Sun than FC. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Just now, Nick Vermeil said:

Definitely would prefer to take Otis to Mohegan Sun than FC. 

Honestly I’m really fun at casinos.  Sit me at a blackjack table with the drinks flowing and it’s 100% all out Otis.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So I took out starter positions in Goldman Sachs special acquisition and Kensington special acquisition.  By starter position, I mean 10 shares at $10.10 each.  Opened my mail today and see not one, but two manilla envelopes.  I was pretty pumped to see what goodies I order.  Pretty heavy packages, must be something good.  Turns out they were 200 page prospectus.  Must have cost at least $5 a pice to mail.  WTF is paying for that?  

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I’m a blast at casinos. Right before Covid, for the Super Bowl I took my fam to a Caribbean island. Went in to the casino twice. Won $50 on black, walked away, won $25 on a hand of blackjack, walked away... $75 profit baby!!!

 

Edited by fantasycurse42
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Oh I’m a blast at casinos. Right before Covid, for the Super Bowl I took my fam to a Caribbean island. Went in to the casino twice. Won $50 on black, walked away, won $25 on a hand of blackjack walked away... $75 profit baby!!!

 

Best 6 minutes of the vacation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

So I took out starter positions in Goldman Sachs special acquisition and Kensington special acquisition.  By starter position, I mean 10 shares at $10.10 each.  Opened my mail today and see not one, but two manilla envelopes.  I was pretty pumped to see what goodies I order.  Pretty heavy packages, must be something good.  Turns out they were 200 page prospectus.  Must have cost at least $5 a pice to mail.  WTF is paying for that?  

As a shareholder, you are.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...