What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (18 Viewers)

WARNING NON CYDY ADVICE SEEKING 😂

When do you sell at a loss to free up money?  Bought MGM after a dip about a month ago and was going to sell like BLMN after a 5% rebound or so. Not wanting to keep long term. Unfortunately, the drop was to 20.26 and I’ve been holding on waiting for the recovery that I’m not sure is coming. When would you sell this at a loss?

When do you sell at a loss to free up money?  Bought MGM after a dip about a month ago and was going to sell like BLMN after a 5% rebound or so. Not wanting to keep long term. Unfortunately, the drop was to 20.26 and I’ve been holding on waiting for the recovery that I’m not sure is coming. When would you sell this at a loss?
When you can make more money by selling.

If you don't feel it's oversold then sell and find something better.

Why isn't all my money in this Vanguard Treasury Bond ETF - name is EDV - here are the returns

1 yr 34.25%

3 yr 54.28%

5 yr 80.32%

10 yr 171.44%

Do I wait for a day that it has a slight rebound (it was 18 briefly a few day’s ago) or just not worry and take my loss?
This is why I drip in.  Let's say I want to "daytrade" 100 shares.  I'll have set buy points in increments of 20.  You won't get as many homeruns, but you'll get a bunch of singles and won't get caught in this position where you feel stuck.

This is why I drip in.  Let's say I want to "daytrade" 100 shares.  I'll have set buy points in increments of 20.  You won't get as many homeruns, but you'll get a bunch of singles and won't get caught in this position where you feel stuck.
Thanks, learning!  

Bought 300 shares all at once 🤕

Give it time. If they don’t get the efficacy out today it’ll tank tomorrow too and then again on Thursday. I think we will see sub-5 again. 
Waiting at $4.90... Honestly, the idiot promised data by Tuesday, he got it out as quickly as he could. I’m sure when it was unblinded it was a huge data dump. I think a little patience here will payoff, after all, we do have an unprepared CEO who appears to have stepped in ####.

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting at $4.90... Honestly, the idiot promised data by Tuesday, he got out as quickly as he could. I’m sure when it was unblinded it was a huge data dump. 
Yea I just don’t understand why he continues to do this. Oversells and undershoots. Makes these unforced errors like saying stuff is coming Tuesday when literally nobody had an expectation about Tuesday. We were all thinking Friday. It’s annoying for sure. 

Yea I just don’t understand why he continues to do this. Oversells and undershoots. Makes these unforced errors like saying stuff is coming Tuesday when literally nobody said anything about Tuesday. It’s annoying for sure. 
This has worked for Tesla for so long that maybe it’s the right playbook. Prob not, but whatever.

Not discussed much but

”Of the 84 patients treated, one patient died 33 days after enrollment due to an event unrelated to leronlimab.”

what if that person is on the treatment arm and died because of rona? That would be extremely extremely bad, no?

edit: not saying this is the case or even likely 

Waiting at $4.90... Honestly, the idiot promised data by Tuesday, he got it out as quickly as he could. I’m sure when it was unblinded it was a huge data dump. I think a little patience here will payoff, after all, we do have an unprepared CEO who appears to have stepped in ####.
Short term dips is all.  If the results come out and they're good, no one will care about what happened during intraday trading on July 21st.

The data isn't that copious, but putting together a coherent, accurate, statistically sound and legible article/study outlining all the relevant aspects of the study takes time.  The top line info is readily apparently likely, but in terms of ensuring the math is correct, looking at other things that jump out that would be worth noting in the data that help CYDY's case, all that takes time and review.  Several folks crunching numbers, review, ensure it's being presented favorably.  Likely the most important release the company has ever made, so they better do all they can to make sure it's as good as it can be.

Short term dips is all.  If the results come out and they're good, no one will care about what happened during intraday trading on July 21st.

The data isn't that copious, but putting together a coherent, accurate, statistically sound and legible article/study outlining all the relevant aspects of the study takes time.  The top line info is readily apparently likely, but in terms of ensuring the math is correct, looking at other things that jump out that would be worth noting in the data that help CYDY's case, all that takes time and review.  Several folks crunching numbers, review, ensure it's being presented favorably.  Likely the most important release the company has ever made, so they better do all they can to make sure it's as good as it can be.
Someone should take NP out of the picture and let everyone else do these things.

He didn't promise any data.  He said he was hoping it would be completed by then.

1000% agree. Just don’t say anything about Tuesday!!

Odds that a couple of lawyery Investigations fishing trips launch today?

CYDY investor alert:  The offices of Barnes, Noble & McFarley Announces Investigation on Behalf of Cytodyn Inc. Investors (CYDY)

The law offices of B, N and M announces an investigation on behalf of CytoDyn Inc. (“CytoDyn” or the “Company”) (OTC: CYDY) investors concerning the Company and its officers’ possible violations of federal securities laws.  

Officers in question failed to include PROMISED EFFICACY data in a recent press release.  CEO Nadar P said that all data would be unblinded, categorized and analyzed with an associate press release on the morning of Tuesday, July 21.  NP failed to deliver on his promises to stockholders.  As a result, the stock price fell many cents. 

If you purchased CytoDyn securities, have information or would like to learn more about these claims, or have any questions concerning this announcement or your rights or interests with respect to these matters, please contact the law offices of us.  

Please call.  We need to work. 

Yea I just don’t understand why he continues to do this. Oversells and undershoots. Makes these unforced errors like saying stuff is coming Tuesday when literally nobody said anything about Tuesday. It’s annoying for sure. 
This has worked for Tesla for so long that maybe it’s the right playbook. Prob not, but whatever.
Telsa has cars rolling everywhere.

Telsa has cars rolling everywhere.

If the one death was in the control arm, that one individual had to account for a lot of SAE’s, no? 
NO.  The dead person's cough wasn't worse.  Temperature was down.  They didn't report feeling worse.

In general - actually in specific - when short term trading (actually in regards to any investment) you need to have measured risk to reward.  Specifically risk $1 in order to make $2+.

In your case $MGM at around $20 with a goal to sell at $21 - you needed to have a stop around $19.50.

But to back up - you needed supportive information to determine why $20 was the buy point and $19.50 was the stop in the first place.  What type of technical analysis did you use to determine that?  On what time frame was that analysis dependent upon?  What was the typical trading range of $MGM within that time frame?

If the answer to any of those is: "I don't know."  STOP.  You are in danger of blowing up your account at some point in the future.

You now probably sit in the uncomfortable position of "forget the cheese, just let me out of the trap."  

I've been there many many times.  Certainly this is a time of irrational opportunity so I can understand the desire to capitalize on that.  But understanding risk and when and where to take it is critical for your long term success.

In general - actually in specific - when short term trading (actually in regards to any investment) you need to have measured risk to reward.  Specifically risk $1 in order to make $2+.

In your case $MGM at around $20 with a goal to sell at $21 - you needed to have a stop around $19.50.

But to back up - you needed supportive information to determine why $20 was the buy point and $19.50 was the stop in the first place.  What type of technical analysis did you use to determine that?  On what time frame was that analysis dependent upon?  What was the typical trading range of $MGM within that time frame?

If the answer to any of those is: "I don't know."  STOP.  You are in danger of blowing up your account at some point in the future.

You now probably sit in the uncomfortable position of "forget the cheese, just let me out of the trap."  

I've been there many many times.  Certainly this is a time of irrational opportunity so I can understand the desire to capitalize on that.  But understanding risk and when and where to take it is critical for your long term success.
I remember years ago one of the trends I looked at you suggested, it had to do with the shorter term moving average over the longer term.  I was thinking it was 10/30 day but can't now remember for sure.  I remember at the time had I followed it I could have limited a couple downsides when those trends inverted.

A poster from Yahoo sent this.

"Dr. Kelly,

Good morning.

I’m sure you have more important things to focus on, but SOMETHING has to be done regarding the crafting of these PR’s. They are awful and this is not the first time the company has issued a critical PR that was confusing, lacked structure, deviated from conventional standards and negatively impacted the share price. I was once in charge of corporate communications for a small company that had a national footprint. Please consider a few changes in the future. Here are some pointers.

1. The PR should start with an encompassing headline; not details. The PR starts with “39% of Patients in Placebo Arm Had SAEs as Compared to Only 14% of Patients in Leronlimab Arm Had SAEs, Which Were Unrelated to Leronlimab.” It should have started with something more like “Leronlimab Demonstrates a 58.4% Reduction in Serious Adverse Events with ZERO SAE’s Attributed To Leronlimab.” That was your headline! That’s what captures the reader.

2. Numbers aren’t presented uniformly. Your bi-line states, “Leronlimab: 5 patients out of 56 (about 9%) reported serious adverse events, none were related to leronlimab”. But in the body of the PR it states, “Eleven (11) SAEs were reported in 6 patients (6/28; 21.4%) receiving placebo compared to eight (8) SAEs in 5 patients (5/56; 8.9%). In one place, the PR refers to “9%.” In another, the PR uses “8.9%” to refer to the same number. Since the two statements aren’t adjacent, the data is more confusing.

3. The author’s framework is completely lacking and had they incorporated better emphasis for the different data points, we would have had a much better communication. For instance, start with the more mild data points and then move towards the most critical cases or vice versa. But, at least have a framework. Start each section with an encompassing statement and then drill down on the data. Sell the sizzle, then present the steak. For instance:

a. “Adverse Events. Leronlimab showed a marked 32% reduction in Adverse Events. 14 out of 28 patients (50%) in the placebo group experienced adverse events whereas only 19 out of 56 (34%) patients in the Leronlimab arm had an adverse event. The between group difference was 32%. None of the adverse events were attributed to Leronlimab."

b. "Serious Adverse Events. Leronlimab showed a 58.4% reduction in Serious Adverse Events. 6 out of 28 patients (21.4%) in the placebo group experienced a serious adverse event whereas only 5 out of 56 (8.9%) patients in the Leronlimab arm had an adverse event. The between group difference was 58.4%. None of the adverse events were attributed to Leronlimab."

c. "Deaths. Only ONE death was reported in the entire trial. The death was not attributed to Leronlimab."

I’ve tried to communicate this to management previously. Apparently, it fell on deaf ears. I pray, the company starts applying a more scientific approach to the crafting of these PR’s. Your stock is down today but for one reason: the PR was poorly crafted. Once is a mistake. Twice is a problem. We shouldn’t need to follow up PR’s with multiple videos. That’s not the way a Fortune 500 company communicates. And yes, that’s the way management needs to start thinking about this. You are now on the global stage and these missteps can’t continue.

I’ve brought quite a few shareholders to the company and my position is x figures. I hope you are open to constructive criticism from those that have a vested interest in the company’s success.

Regards,"

I'm having a really good morning.  If only our little one would launch, it could be a great day.

C is up almost 3%

OKE is up 7%

GRWG is up over 6.5% 

AMCR up 1%

That is basically my portfolio right now besides CYDY.  Gotta start somewhere.  Not connected to my pension or 401K at all.  Just trying to make the money work.  🤞

Someone recommended INN.  While is is down from that point, it's been a great trading stock.  Up 6% today.  It's had several up and down swings in the 5-10% range.  Thanks for point out this stock.

I remember years ago one of the trends I looked at you suggested, it had to do with the shorter term moving average over the longer term.  I was thinking it was 10/30 day but can't now remember for sure.  I remember at the time had I followed it I could have limited a couple downsides when those trends inverted.
These are amazing times for sure.  Many seem to have a midas touch.  And seemingly a semi-trained monkey could fling his feces at the stock page of the Wall St. Journal and make a fortune.

Structured disciplined well-planned trades will win the long term race.

Users who are viewing this thread