What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (32 Viewers)

I'm really not sure what to think of this as an owner of TDOC shares. 

Long term it's probably good. 

Congrats.  You've done really well.  I know I'm in the minority, but I like to keep a cash position when we're in the middle of pandemic.  Never know when an opportunity will present itself.
Definitely got lucky timing wise. I agree on the cash. I increased my cash a bit when I sold some AMZN at $3k, don’t worry still have plenty. If I ever sell all my CYDY (still have 2/3rds), I’ll be flush but the run up has been crazy. I’m glad we never got fully out. I’ve seen so many 10%+ pops this and last earnings season that I realized it’s way to hard to time things. Doesn’t mean it’s not smart to have enough cash just in case there’s a drop or a fantastic opportunity. 

I'm really not sure what to think of this as an owner of TDOC shares. 

Long term it's probably good. 
I think being in LVGO is better just because it’s popped so much in the past two months.

That said, I think it’s two really solid companies and if they do it right this could be an amazing company long term.

Interesting the Buffet is a big Apple holder and now the company he is buying up (BOA) is downgrading one of his largest holdings.
What do you think this means?
I really don't know.  I just mentioned it because brk.b and Apple come up in many peoples holdings lists and they are kind of rowing against each other at the moment.

I'll go out on a limb and be a solo voice, but I'm not a huge Apple fan at the moment.  I've much rather have/shift my money in Amzn at the moment and I was an Amazon seller in the $3k to $3.4k range.  I should clarify, I still think it's a good company to own, I just think the valuation is high relative to what you are getting moving forward.  Those Amazon results last quarter were huge and they are getting their hands into so many other areas.  This satellite internet deal really has me intrigued.

I’m going to double down in hopes that the Robin Hood or see it as a buying opportunity tomorrowI’m going to double down in hopes that the Robin Hood or see it as a buying opportunity tomorrow
That's my hope, too. It was in the 70s not long ago and analyst rating have a target of mid-50s

I really don't know.  I just mentioned it because brk.b and Apple come up in many peoples holdings lists and they are kind of rowing against each other at the moment.

I'll go out on a limb and be a solo voice, but I'm not a huge Apple fan at the moment.  I've much rather have/shift my money in Amzn at the moment and I was an Amazon seller in the $3k to $3.4k range.  I should clarify, I still think it's a good company to own, I just think the valuation is high relative to what you are getting moving forward.  Those Amazon results last quarter were huge and they are getting their hands into so many other areas.  This satellite internet deal really has me intrigued.
I’m not a big Apple fan based on the run up due to the split. They’ve gained 15-20% mainly due to a split. That’s frothy. At the end of the day a split is meaningless. A stock’s PE ratio isn’t going to be higher because the stock price is lower. I think Apple had a great quarter likely due to people spending the stimulus checks but their revenue had been flatter than most. Heck 2019 revenue was down from 2018. Amazon had a huge revenue bump as well but I think that’s a permanent shift that got kick started sooner.

BYND recovered from its dip that I cussed by buying. Someone in here was talking about getting in if it dropped into the mid 120’s. They pretty much nailed that number, hopefully you got in.

Now let’s get a nice steady run up as people enjoy a delicious low fat and cholesterol, guilt free fake burger this summer.

I really don't get the Disney bump. This market is just beyond my comprehension at this point. 
+1. Sure, they finagled enough to keep a profit but Disney+ is a phenomenal success with CV and revenue is still down $10B (about 50%) and CV hasn’t gone away. They missed the revenue estimate by $1B.

The stock is down less than 20% from it's peak, which was a bit rich. It seems fairly valued right now as if this was a normal year. If you don’t think they’ll truly get back to normal until 2022, then it’s way too high.

+1. Sure, they finagled enough to keep a profit but Disney+ is a phenomenal success with CV and revenue is still down $10B (about 50%) and CV hasn’t gone away. They missed the revenue estimate by $1B.

The stock is down less than 20% from it's peak, which was a bit rich. It seems fairly valued right now as if this was a normal year. If you don’t think they’ll truly get back to normal until 2022, then it’s way too high.
I’m a definite believer in the company long-term, just thought I’d get a hack at it in the 110 range this quarter. Kinda don’t know what to do now because there has to be some pullback at some point. Movies aren’t filming, parks are barely open, cruises aren’t cruising. Maybe I’ll just wait for the next quarter. 

I’m a definite believer in the company long-term, just thought I’d get a hack at it in the 110 range this quarter. Kinda don’t know what to do now because there has to be some pullback at some point. Movies aren’t filming, parks are barely open, cruises aren’t cruising. Maybe I’ll just wait for the next quarter. 
Buy Amzn.

BYND recovered from its dip that I cussed by buying. Someone in here was talking about getting in if it dropped into the mid 120’s. They pretty much nailed that number, hopefully you got in.

Now let’s get a nice steady run up as people enjoy a delicious low fat and cholesterol, guilt free fake burger this summer.
Never mind. My ticker hadn’t refreshed from yesterday’s close  :lol:

It dropped like a rock this morning. Here’s your chance!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't get the Disney bump. This market is just beyond my comprehension at this point. 

I'm selling the shares I have outside my buy and hold account. Which isn't a huge amount but I think this is overvalued now.

I'm still holding my PENN puts and earnings are tomorrow morning. Everyone should but shares or calls, guaranteed profit. 

Bitcoin should be sitting in a consolidation stage as long as the price sits between 10.4k and 11.5k, if it were to drop lower I'll dump some gbtc and try to buy back lower.  If it goes higher, it should have freight train momentum restored.

In the meantime, I'll continue buying.
So is GBTC a long term hold or should I take me 20% gain and run?

This market just doesn't react at all to bad news anymore. Jobs report comes in at 167k when the estimate was 1.8m and it's like it didn't even happen. I'm glad I haven't touched my 401k but damn. 

As an anti-dollar guy, my entire IRA accounts are currently 85% gbtc, 10% ethe, and 5% gdlc and I don't see that changing anytime before the end of the year. 

Now, my risk tolerance is significantly higher than most and I wouldn't recommend anyone following me blindly into the night.  But I would still recommend running towards crypto and not away from it.

Just an FYI for those of you with APPL and Brk.b on your top ten list.

Interesting the Buffet is a big Apple holder and now the company he is buying up (BOA) is downgrading one of his largest holdings.
B of A downgraded AAPL from buy to neutral on valuation but interestingly raised the price target from $420 to $470 at the same time.

That's my hope, too. It was in the 70s not long ago and analyst rating have a target of mid-50s
CEO just gave an impressive interview on CNBC. He's easy to believe in. He also predicts that the next four months will be the biggest ever. I Want  to believe. 

Got out of SE cause it was sitting in the 110s range and wanted a quick resolution in CYDY. DOH.

Any reason for this latest bump up? 
Not sure, other than people are noticing it.

Bloomberg article out today with a profile, though

It’s possible we’re seeing a bit of a short squeeze, too.

Photographer: Michael Nagle/Bloomberg

It gets far less attention than Tesla, the FAANGs or even the Robinhood flavor of the week.

Yet Sea Ltd. has quietly become the world’s best-performing large-cap stock, stoking a debate on Wall Street over whether the Singapore-based gaming, e-commerce and payments company is the next great internet colossus or just Exhibit A in a global tech bubble that’s destined to burst.

For now at least, bulls have the upper hand. Swelling optimism that loss-making Sea may one day become both the Tencent and Alibaba of Southeast Asia has boosted its New York-listed shares by more than 880% in the past 18 months, the largest gain worldwide among companies with a starting market value of at least $1 billion. Short sellers who placed record wagers against the stock in June are retreating at an unprecedented pace.[\quote]

I'm playing it like a precious metal, maintaining a %of my overall portfolio.

I have PMs at about 15% (up now due to price increases) and about 3% of Bitcoin. Looking to add to Bitcoin shares, but think a proxy position through PayPal may be wiser.

I'm playing it like a precious metal, maintaining a %of my overall portfolio.

I have PMs at about 15% (up now due to price increases) and about 3% of Bitcoin. Looking to add to Bitcoin shares, but think a proxy position through PayPal may be wiser.
Gbtc trades at a premium, but a much lower one than other grayscale products and it's trading towards the historic lows of that premium.

I think there's so much room for it to run yet, that you are shooting yourself in the foot by getting cute with anything else.

Now there is talk of coinbase going public this fall.  Now that would be something I'm interested in getting behind.

CEO just gave an impressive interview on CNBC. He's easy to believe in. He also predicts that the next four months will be the biggest ever. I Want  to believe. 
What makes Nikola different than Rivian, Workhorse, Lordstown, Fisker, Nio, or any other non Tesla EV company?

They have zero revenue and are playing in a capital intensive market where EV makes up 3% of vehicle sales.  

I don't understand Tesla's value story - have they ever actually made money from automotive operations (Not just selling emission credits)?

Anyone buying TDOC on this dip?

I got out of it around 190's a while back and was regretting it recently.  Decent opportunity to get back in.

Gbtc trades at a premium, but a much lower one than other grayscale products and it's trading towards the historic lows of that premium.

I think there's so much room for it to run yet, that you are shooting yourself in the foot by getting cute with anything else.

Now there is talk of coinbase going public this fall.  Now that would be something I'm interested in getting behind.
That premium seems crazy. Why not just buy your own bitcoins?

Because it's like buying gold and storing it on your front porch.
many many many easy options to safely "store" BTC these days.

If you trust a company like Square, you can just buy it via the Cash App and store it there. Many similar examples. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't own either one. Kinda want a little TDOC. Good chance to take a position? Haven't digested what the "merger" actual means. 
I personally think it's irrationally down.  TDOC is the better entry if you expect an uptick as LVGO has cash priced in

I guess you should run the numbers...but Wall St computers should have that covered???

each share of Livongo will be exchanged for 0.592 shares of Teladoc Health plus cash consideration of $11.33 per share

I don't own either one. Kinda want a little TDOC. Good chance to take a position? Haven't digested what the "merger" actual means. 
Definitely seems like a good chance. Combined their just released revenue growths for this past quarter are about 100% combined. Kind of an interesting way to basically buy two growth stocks that could be solid for the next 5 years. If they can gain some synergies, that would be even better.

The hard part is that they've both run up a ton. I bought LVGO at $60, which felt bad at first since I watched it sit at $20. Buying it at $130 or TDOC over $200 can appear daunting. I have 100 LVGO shares and no TDOC, so I'll have 60 shares of the combined entity and some cash. I sort of want some more, not sure.

many many many easy options to safely "store" BTC these days.

If you trust a company like Square, you can just buy it via the Cash App and store it there. Many similar examples. 
I really should keep my mouth shut on this subject.  I just know too many people that have been ripped off on these coins and also paid large fees trading these coins.

Definitely seems like a good chance. Combined their just released revenue growths for this past quarter are about 100% combined. Kind of an interesting way to basically buy two growth stocks that could be solid for the next 5 years. If they can gain some synergies, that would be even better.

The hard part is that they've both run up a ton. I bought LVGO at $60, which felt bad at first since I watched it sit at $20. Buying it at $130 or TDOC over $200 can appear daunting. I have 100 LVGO shares and no TDOC, so I'll have 60 shares of the combined entity and some cash. I sort of want some more, not sure.
If you believe they have a better percentage change to go up from here, isn't the smart play to transition from LVGO to TDOC?

Energizer missed earnings and is down quite a bit.  Is Energizer going anywhere?  Are those amazon basic batteries chipping away at the duopoly (rayovac doesn't count).

It's a good time, but it's at the same level it was on July 27, July 14, and still higher than it had ever been before July.

Users who are viewing this thread