What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (13 Viewers)

For now. 

They've been in camp just over 2 weeks. We'll see how it goes.
NFL will not pull the plug. They might put in other steps teams have to follow but they are going till the end. 

*this is not an endorsement. Just what they’re going to do. 

Football will have worse Covid problems than baseball:

1. Baseball is naturally socially distanced whereas football isn't

2. Football has 3 or 4 times as many players

3. Football has a bunch of cromagnons who aren't going to be safe

4. Football is played in fall and winter when Covid is going to explode
The size of the rosters/crews is a concern, but basketball and soccer have done fine in contact. At the end of the day, there is enough money involved I think they will make it work. Would feel more confident if it were possible to do a bubble. Probably other threads for this though. Thanks for your thoughts.

NFL will not pull the plug. They might put in other steps teams have to follow but they are going till the end. 

*this is not an endorsement. Just what they’re going to do. 
You're probably right.

But most would have said no major conference would postpone or cancel the college football season either. 

I still own 60,000 shares of Cobalt Blockchain because I'm too stubborn to admit this was a disaster and cut all losses.  Just announced some new financing and the stock is wiggling a little.  

Cobalt the metal is also starting to catch some bids, but unless the aerospace industry is resurrected, I don't think the metal is going to move like it did in 2016-2017.  EVs are coming, but absent the airlines coming back to life, I don't think EVs are enough to propel this metal to great heights.  

I still own 60,000 shares of Cobalt Blockchain because I'm too stubborn to admit this was a disaster and cut all losses.  Just announced some new financing and the stock is wiggling a little.  

Cobalt the metal is also starting to catch some bids, but unless the aerospace industry is resurrected, I don't think the metal is going to move like it did in 2016-2017.  EVs are coming, but absent the airlines coming back to life, I don't think EVs are enough to propel this metal to great heights.  
Still holding too!!!!1!

So today sold PPL and bought EXC - turns out me being buried at work was to my benefit as I made a few percent over the last couple of days.  Sold CYDY, HGEN (oof, though my position was tiny), and bought a bit of CSCO with the proceeds.  
Here’s where I’m at with HGEN -> 7500 shares @ average price $3.88.

Not a recommendation, do your own DD. Point and laugh if you like.

Tell me more....or is your HGEN analysis somewhere in here already?  This thing had some crazy highs a few years back 

Last edited by a moderator:

I’ve been able to flip enough on the Gibbs to call my way back to evenI’ve been able to flip enough on the Gibbs to call my way back to even

Tell me more....or is your HGEN analysis somewhere in here already?  This thing had some crazy highs a few years back 
To start, I offered this stock to this board after it’s MAB Lenzilumab was selected by US NIH for a RCT for Covid. As it turned out, I got killed on that buy and have averaged down in a pretty big way. So really I’m updating my position on this after a brutal beat down. :bag:   We will see.

In the meanwhile, I’ve done my homework and think there is opportunity here.

And Tesla thinks they can cut it out of the battery process iirc. just fwiw

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4367483-relief-therapeutics-discovers-promising-covidminus-19-killer

article on rlftf, our latest corona scam stock. Sorry if posted. Guy speculates it’s an 18 dollar stock lol. I love this crap. 
I love this crap, too.  I've profited $64,000 from RLFTF from 3 day trades over the last 6 trading days.  The seed money for this came entirely from the profits from selling all of my CYDY at $6.50.  But you've got science on your side so you should be fine.

For those in MARK, Dan David from Wolfpack (my god what a dumb name) Research was on CNBC and talking about what a scam it is. He’s the guy who wrote a report on $IQ that led to an SEC inquiry. He actually comes off as pretty credible, not like Adam F from Stat. He also went after Portnoy who I guess was pumping this but also just in general.

I think @BassNBrew and @ghostguy123 maybe?

For those in MARK, Dan David from Wolfpack (my god what a dumb name) Research was on CNBC and talking about what a scam it is. He’s the guy who wrote a report on $IQ that led to an SEC inquiry. He actually comes off as pretty credible, not like Adam F from Stat. He also went after Portnoy who I guess was pumping this but also just in general.

I think @BassNBrew and @ghostguy123 maybe?
I just need to stop buying dumb ####. 

Don Hutson said:
I love this crap, too.  I've profited $64,000 from RLFTF from 3 day trades over the last 6 trading days.  The seed money for this came entirely from the profits from selling all of my CYDY at $6.50.  But you've got science on your side so you should be fine.
Lol yes I will be fine. I’m definitely not logging on to brag about 64k, for starters. 

I've only written about Draftkings and RLFTF and you have responded to both.  When did you acquire an interest in RLFTF?
I have no idea what you’re talking about. I haven’t owned draftkings since May and haven’t talked about them here since then. Bought rlftf last week and told the thread your brokerage would waive the fees if you called. You can look it up in here and everything. Or be paranoid I guess. 

For anybody interested in it, Schwab waived my $50 OTC foreign fee for RLFTFLFTFLT — hopefully they’ll also waive the losses I take on it too. 

I called and told them to. 
:yes:  

Don Hutson said:
For those considering buying RLFTF, there is a $50 selling fee in addition to the $50 buying fee with Schwab and I assume Fidelity.  And a few dollars in foreign exchange fees. And if you have a limit order that only partially fills one day, you'll pay the $50 selling fee for each day that you sell.  I've paid $350 in fees for 3 day trades and probably $10 or $20 in exchange fees.
:no:  

stbugs said:
By the way, I know a lot of retirement articles talk about waiting on SS, but every scenario I’ve run works out so much better starting as soon as you can. For example, even thought the monthly payments are well higher, starting at 62 instead of 70 means at 70 we would have already banked $480k (either investing it directly or not spending $480k that’s already invested). Even with modest percentage ROIs, there was no break even point where the wait till 70 payments catch up.

Do your own due diligence but for the old farts in here, something to think about.
In you're single, then absolutely.  Easy math problem.  The 2-player game is much more complex.  Who has earned more?   That changes the answer.  Either with a govt. pension?  That changes the answer (maybe).

In my case my lifetime earnings will be significantly higher than my wife.  I look at SS at longevity insurance for her and plan on waiting until 70.  She claims at 62, gets hers benefit and then at we get mine, hers, and some small spousal amount.  Probably not long after that survivor benefits.

BassNBrew said:
https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/09/11/how-much-do-you-need-to-earn-to-max-out-your-socia.aspx

Unfortunately I'll have to keep working because I won't have 35 max out years.  I'll have to look at the individual years and see how much I would be giving up by drawing at 62.  I do know the benefit is very much front load so having several year 25% short of the max might not matter that much.

That's for the info.
You need 40 credits to be eligible, which means 10 years of work.  As far as maxing out, you really don't get much worthwhile past the second bend point.  The optimum, IMO, if it works out, is to hit the end of the second bend point and tell the world FU and retire (see this page for the PIA chart - that inflection point between 32% and 15% is the spot).  After that your claiming age determines your benefit.

That page will also calculate your benefits based on now (need your SSA data from the official site).  It will also go through scenarios with the wife, etc.

In you're single, then absolutely.  Easy math problem.  The 2-player game is much more complex.  Who has earned more?   That changes the answer.  Either with a govt. pension?  That changes the answer (maybe).

In my case my lifetime earnings will be significantly higher than my wife.  I look at SS at longevity insurance for her and plan on waiting until 70.  She claims at 62, gets hers benefit and then at we get mine, hers, and some small spousal amount.  Probably not long after that survivor benefits.

You need 40 credits to be eligible, which means 10 years of work.  As far as maxing out, you really don't get much worthwhile past the second bend point.  The optimum, IMO, if it works out, is to hit the end of the second bend point and tell the world FU and retire (see this page for the PIA chart - that inflection point between 32% and 15% is the spot).  After that your claiming age determines your benefit.

That page will also calculate your benefits based on now (need your SSA data from the official site).  It will also go through scenarios with the wife, etc.
Thanks for bursting my bubble.  Very good info.  Due to my self-employment years, I'm going to be better of waiting.  Those extra 5 years are going to knock off some low earning years.

As here is the basically schedule.

AdjustmentMonthlyYearly

62 + 1m   -29.58%

63   -25.00%

64   -20.00%

65   -13.33%

66    -6.67%

67     0%

68   8.00%

69   16.00%

70    24.00%

Looks like you should take benefits at 62 or 70.  You only lose 5% a year in years 62 and 63.  You lose 6.67% per year in year 64-66.  After 67 you pick up 8% a year.

I don't know what's going on in here but I'm just gonna lay it out there if anyone talks #### about Mouse Paper we are gonna throw down.  #$Dis4lyfe

That site was freaking awesome. Bass worried me a bit as I was only using the monthly amounts and not worried about credits and earnings. I am always thinking single/married two incomes. They are basically the same as if your wife has been working, she’s going to have the full set of credits as well. That site was awesome to actually understand the whole how many more years to work.

It was interesting to see that the difference (at age 67/full retirement) between me retiring today and in 5 years was $240 a month. To get another $240 a month after 5 years was year 14 or another 9 years. It seems like the sweet spot will be retire in 5-10 years. If I worked another 25 (no way), I only get $89 a month more than 10 more years.

That site was freaking awesome. Bass worried me a bit as I was only using the monthly amounts and not worried about credits and earnings. I am always thinking single/married two incomes. They are basically the same as if your wife has been working, she’s going to have the full set of credits as well. That site was awesome to actually understand the whole how many more years to work.

It was interesting to see that the difference (at age 67/full retirement) between me retiring today and in 5 years was $240 a month. To get another $240 a month after 5 years was year 14 or another 9 years. It seems like the sweet spot will be retire in 5-10 years. If I worked another 25 (no way), I only get $89 a month more than 10 more years.
Yeah - a hidden gem.  For the two player game taking the PIA numbers from the ssa.tools site and plugging it in to https://opensocialsecurity.com/ can give you scenarios and graphs.  

I am a pretty self-directed person, but fully support the idea that one should consider paying for advice on SS claiming.  It shouldn't cost that much (it's a one time type cost) and knowing the scenarios regarding primary, spousal, survivor benefits along with any complications with pensions makes it well worth it.  The ROI on that kind of expenditure is going to be pretty high.

Didn't see anyone mention it but Buffett bought into our, and by that I mean @fantasycurse42's, favorite gold play, Barrick Gold. Nice little 8% pop AH. It has seemingly lagged my pure gold plays and I'm sure Warren can't move the entire gold market but nice to have that tailwind behind us on it. 

Also divested a decent chunk of bank stocks. 
Yep. Saw that. He sold a good chunk of Wells Fargo, Goldman, and JP Morgan shares. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Dalio invested quite a bit in gold in Q2 as well. 

Question for the commodity types:

Wife and I had a conversation about the Derecho that just swept though the midwest this week. She has a soy bean farm that shares equal parts in central Illinois and Indiana, waiting for an update.

Looks like Iowa got flattened. Probably means the upcoming Field Corn harvest is going to be down. This has a chance to affect upcoming costs for simple crap like cereal and other foodstuffs we use daily. (Oh, and Ethanol)

Any thoughts on what you should get into, or, out of?

:banned:
Iowa: get out

Anyone in $FVAC, it's a SPAC for MP Materials, rare earths mining company?  My knowledge is limited to a few articles talking about the FVAC merger and Pentagon deal for rare earths in hopes to keep money out of China.  It's an industry I've wanted to throw a little money at for a long term long shot. 

Anyone in $FVAC, it's a SPAC for MP Materials, rare earths mining company?  My knowledge is limited to a few articles talking about the FVAC merger and Pentagon deal for rare earths in hopes to keep money out of China.  It's an industry I've wanted to throw a little money at for a long term long shot. 
I bought the day it was available but it never moved so sold.  Likely a long term winner IMHO.  

I've been in Lynas (LYSCF) for this for a month or so. They got a Govt contract for rare earths mining in TX. Posted about it in here a few weeks back. 

https://smallcaps.com.au/lynas-wins-us-military-tender-america-moves-rebuild-rare-earth-industry/

Rlftf board said some major Swiss paper put that therapeutic on the front page discussing how successful the drug is against covid. Somebody said it was like their version of The NY Times. That board is full of idiots but everybody seems to expect another big pop tomorrow. 

I've been in Lynas (LYSCF) for this for a month or so. They got a Govt contract for rare earths mining in TX. Posted about it in here a few weeks back. 

https://smallcaps.com.au/lynas-wins-us-military-tender-america-moves-rebuild-rare-earth-industry/
Yes, I'm kind of remember that now, thanks.  That was the other company the Pentagon contract was talking about.  Was also saying it was being protested by some Senators because it's an Australian company.  But even though the materials we're mined in Australia,  it's being processed at a facility in the US (TX).  Also saw something about China owning 10% of the MP company.

Might just have to throw a little at both if this trade war with China is going to continue.  

Users who are viewing this thread