What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (22 Viewers)

I was green about half a percent, the. It went red close to a percent. Now I’m up almost a percent. The volatility in a little over an hour of trading is a day traders dream. It really is chaotic. I really want an end to my short term plays and put myself on coast for a bit. This is hard to watch.
I love it.  Nothing better than stocks like FLGT where you can buy on the dip, sell up 18% in a day and then buy those shares back at an 8% discount.

Looks red to me now. Was all green after the open.

I still think it’s so interesting how much the word split has impacted Tesla and Apple. I legitimately wonder if the new people truly get what it means because this is legit crazy.

FB, AMZN and MSFT also had huge quarters but are up 12%, 8% and 7% since July 30th. Apple is up 25% since the same time announcing a split and Tesla was actually down after earnings and after split announcement days later is up 50%. Again, I truly wonder if all the new investors due to CV, stimulus and no other gambling outlet don’t know that a split is an accounting thing.
I think most of the people buying know what it means, but it's a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy.  Savvy investors buy on the announcement anticipating new investors being more interested at the fakely "cheaper" price, and so many of them (us, I bought too) have the same line of thinking that it ends up driving up the price more than the new investors would before that even happens.

The same thing happened with NKLA in the opposite direction.  There was all the talk about the PIPE shareholders selling when they unlocked that everyone sold off in anticipation of it.  In the end the PIPEs mostly didn't end up selling but there was still the same effect (huge drop) because of everyone selling in anticipation of it.

I bought a bunch of TSLA and AAPL on the split announcements anticipating exactly this reaction.  Wish I'd bought calls instead of shares but I can't complain about all of this month's CYDY paper losses getting canceled out in one move.  I sold about half the TSLA shares at $1995 anticipating a possible big reject off of $2000.  Haven't sold any AAPL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nibbling at JWN under $15.  It's bounced off this level several times.  Earning announcement next week.  The low in March was $12.27,  Everything I've read is they have decent financial health.  AT $14.54 I think it's more likely to hit $16.50 before $12.50.

I follow this thread regularly and have seen recommendations here and there.  I've got a few bucks parked waiting to put somewhere.  If you were picking for the stock contest again, which two or three stocks would you pick that are not blue chips,?  

I put some into Apple at $450 and holding long (even longer after the split).  

My current portfolio is:

AAPL, COBCF (yes, I'm still holding), TVTY (Need to dump this as it's only a few shares), HIPH (thought their CBD water was going to take off, wrong), Last but not least CYDY.  

Yeah, based on the fact that things are "improving" now, I'm betting it'll be back closer to $30B and as you said if it opens higher than it's priced, retail investors never actually see the IPO price. I have enough money at Fidelity that I just signed up for IPO alerts. No idea if I will find anything out and if it will actually be pre-IPO allocations.

Uber was ridiculous. The IPO price pretty much took out the chance of making money, maybe ever, on the stock.

Huh I didn't even know they had that.  I just signed up as well.  I'm expecting little more than a pop-up message when the IPO is tradeable on the platform (after it's already been run-up) though.
Well there was a new IPO today (NNOX) and I didn't notice anything happening different than before.  Not sure what this actually did...

$GRWG had a pretty decent pullback if anyone was interested in starting an AH position. I'm dipping my toe.
It seems like a good entry point for those of us who haven't jumped in yet. Maybe a decent play with MJ, or is there another ETF better suited for the space?

It seems like a good entry point for those of us who haven't jumped in yet. Maybe a decent play with MJ, or is there another ETF better suited for the space?
See above. I bounced. The management team seems like they were extras in the Sopranos.

I’m actually not in any MJ plays so I don’t know. I had STZ for a while but the price action was bad so I sold out a long time ago. I just don’t trust any of them yet.

See above. I bounced. The management team seems like they were extras in the Sopranos.

I’m actually not in any MJ plays so I don’t know. I had STZ for a while but the price action was bad so I sold out a long time ago. I just don’t trust any of them yet.
Oh, jesus. I read the piece, but didn't connect that to GRWG. First cup of coffee wasn't enough, obviously. Yeah, #### those guys.

Funny how The Fool is still recommending these shysters. 

I follow this thread regularly and have seen recommendations here and there.  I've got a few bucks parked waiting to put somewhere.  If you were picking for the stock contest again, which two or three stocks would you pick that are not blue chips,?  

I put some into Apple at $450 and holding long (even longer after the split).  

My current portfolio is:

AAPL, COBCF (yes, I'm still holding), TVTY (Need to dump this as it's only a few shares), HIPH (thought their CBD water was going to take off, wrong), Last but not least CYDY.  
Tech wise, I really like PANW. Network security is ramping up and they are probably in the top tier of companies in the space. Also, most importantly, relatively undervalued right now. 

XOM Payout Ratio154.67% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings)  
N/A (Based on This Year's Estimates)
310.71% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
52.70% (Based on Cash Flow)

ChiefD said:
How many times a day do you guys refresh your account?

Me: about 100
I rarely have my account open during trading hours. I have a browser tab open to CYDY's page on Yahoo, and if I have a trade on, I'll have another tab. I have CNBC on and off much of the day too, so I know more or less where the index funds are.

Nice, me too. Going to get in on it. 

I don’t think I have the cash reserve to qualify 
How did you guys get notified?  Nothing in Active Trader nor email for me.

ETA: Nevermind, found it in Active Trader.  Surprised it didn't give me a popup or a notification icon or something.  XPeng the one you guys are talking about?

ETA2: I see the message regarding the offerering, but not how to move forward with it other than "check the device where you registered for alerts", which is this one.

How did you guys get notified?  Nothing in Active Trader nor email for me.

ETA: Nevermind, found it in Active Trader.  Surprised it didn't give me a popup or a notification icon or something.  XPeng the one you guys are talking about?

ETA2: I see the message regarding the offerering, but not how to move forward with it other than "check the device where you registered for alerts", which is this one.
Yes, but I couldn’t participate. I’ve got 80 trades in the past year and more than enough household assets. I’m going to chat and see what the issue is. I keep getting pinged by one of their wealth guys so I’ll go down that road if I don’t get through on chat.

Users who are viewing this thread