Top Posters In This Topic

• fantasycurse42

• BassNBrew

• stbugs

• St. Louis Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First reference.  Brings a tear to my eye. $CYDY #notselling

"I know, dear, but I'm trusting Chet on this one. Yes, Chet. From the internet. "

I cashed out an underperforming account at ETrade about a year ago and the cash (about $950) just sat there as I had dulled on trading.  My cousin's wife Laura, who I was really close to, then di

Call this a noob question, but can someone tell me why you would invest in an Inverse / Leveraged Inverse ETF?

For instance, I see MYY (ProShares Short Mid-Cap400) trading at $35.98 and don't know what the point in parking money in this is :shrug:

Can someone please help a poor dumb drunken slob out?

32 minutes ago, drunken slob said:

Call this a noob question, but can someone tell me why you would invest in an Inverse / Leveraged Inverse ETF?

For instance, I see MYY (ProShares Short Mid-Cap400) trading at $35.98 and don't know what the point in parking money in this is :shrug:

To gamble.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, drunken slob said:

You wouldn't park money in it.  Those are designed for relatively quick in and out trades when you are bearish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

Do I get partial credit for RLFTF?

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1
1 hour ago, drunken slob said:

As already answered, it's a gamble.

One reason might be as a hedge. You don't want to sell all your holdings but you think the market may fall. 

I made a bit of coin in TZA in March. But then lost it and more because I held on too long. But, and this is just mental, having a small amount in it helped me relax as our other investments sank.  We still lost money with everyone else, but at least that gamble paid off at first.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

@hooter311

ETHE...DCA down or is it headed to Zero?

:shrug:

Somehow every time I take a risk in that account I lose. So it's probably gonna go bankrupt

13 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

As already answered, it's a gamble.

One reason might be as a hedge. You don't want to sell all your holdings but you think the market may fall. 

I made a bit of coin in TZA in March. But then lost it and more because I held on too long. But, and this is just mental, having a small amount in it helped me relax as our other investments sank.  We still lost money with everyone else, but at least that gamble paid off at first.

Yeah, I like this approach. I think the mental part of investing is half or more of it. What is the old Yogi Berra quote?

Anyway, having a small amount of a contrarian investment in your portfolio will not really do that much to offset your 98% of "normal" stocks, but if holding it makes you feel a little better and less panic when the market dips, I think it's worth the overall loss. You'll recoup that amount by not selling in dips. 

14 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

RLFTF making a small move

It may be small but it makes an impact.

Come on baby, can we get 69? 

Edited by -OZ-
  • Like 1
On 3/16/2020 at 9:39 AM, Todem said:

Capitulation 

Shopping list we will take positions in. Deploying 12-15% of the 25% cash we have. 30% off the highs was where I was looking and we are going to be in that hot zone today.

AAPL

AMZN

GOOGL

EMR

CSCO

T

EXC

LMT

PG

JPM

INTC

MSFT

GLPI

BA

BMY

TGT

VZ

At some point the most stressed area (Travel/Leisure/Oil)

PEO - This is my oil play

DIS

CCL

DAL

1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

Geez...Target is smoking.  Up 12%

On the master list my friend. 3/16/20 price was at I wanna say 75ish?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

@hooter311

ETHE...DCA down or is it headed to Zero?

I'm completely stumped.  That last SEC filing has now dropped the ETHE to ETH premium from 300% to like 20%.  It theoretically won't trade for less than for 1/11 of ETH but this downtrend is unexplainable.  if this happened to ETHE...GDLC is a flipping time bomb.

1 minute ago, Capella said:

Debating dumping all my cydy and just loading the train on this :lmao: 

Yeah. I have a feeling we are sitting on a powder keg with this thing.  There have been good results on this drug. If that Houston firefighter recovers because of this drug watch out. 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Yeah. I have a feeling we are sitting on a powder keg with this thing.  There have been good results on this drug. If that Houston firefighter recovers because of this drug watch out. 

Just sold 10% cydy and went in for more of this. Why not! 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Geez...Target is smoking.  Up 12%

Would’ve thought they’d be hurt by losing back to school sales. I know that hasn’t factored into sales #s yet but has to be factored into future#s

An inhaler for Covid is a $20B company. I own it at under 4 cents, would’ve loved to get you all in there. I had such conviction (I mean for a stock under 4 cents, as much conviction  as one could’ve).

FOMO is coming, wait for national news outlets to pick up the Houston story. Prayers for Captain Searcy.

Before it blew up, I sent Dr. Javitt an email, he responded and I knew he was the real deal. The management here is the complete opposite of Cytodyn.

Going to sell 75k shares tomorrow, which will clear over a quarter of a lemon in 18 days, and ride my final 125k shares wherever they take me.

@Bob Sacamano

The biggest financial blunder in the history of this forum. 

51 minutes ago, Todem said:

On the master list my friend. 3/16/20 price was at I wanna say 75ish?

Good call (it’s low was $90, pre drop high $129), although I don’t think there’s anything I owned on 3/16 that hasn’t doubled from the bottom. Man I wish I used every bit of cash I had and dove into margin. My entire non 401k portfolio is all up at least 100% from that week. I bought a bunch in those two weeks but didn’t quite go all in and unfortunately bought a couple things on 2/27 and 3/9. They’ve done well but like FLGT which has tripled since 2/27, it went down 2/3rds after I bought it. It’s up almost 8x the bottom had a waited another week or two!

That bottom was awesome.

2 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

An inhaler for Covid is a $20B company. I own it at under 4 cents, would’ve loved to get you all in there. I had such conviction (I mean for a stock under 4 cents, as much conviction  as one could’ve).

FOMO is coming, wait for national news outlets to pick up the Houston story. Prayers for Captain Searcy.

Before it blew up, I sent Dr. Javitt an email, he responded and I knew he was the real deal. The management here is the complete opposite of Cytodyn.

Going to sell 75k shares tomorrow, which will clear over a quarter of a lemon in 18 days, and ride my final 125k shares wherever they take me.

@Bob Sacamano

I think a lot of us got in around 17 cents.

At least I did.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

I think a lot of us got in around 17 cents.

At least I did.  

I saw that. As I was clearing my first $100k, I did scan this thread to see if it had any mentions... you were the first, well done! 

Edited by fantasycurse42
54 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

@Bob Sacamano

Next time don't be a ####### and pretend to know things you don't.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Bluto Blutarsky said:

this is being administered via IV for Covid though, correct?

Clinical trials for the inhaled form begin in 2 weeks. Preprint from NeuroRX shows 19 of the first 21 patients administered the drug (critical patients) survived. That’s intravenous. If you extrapolate those numbers, this is the real deal. Not only that, but life can then resume.

We’ll see, it’s early, but promising. High risk high reward, could go to $0. I’ve already milked the cow, but my preference is obviously north.

Oh, and the Yahoo boards :lmao:

Math isn’t their thing. A lot of outstanding shares, there’s a cap on price with such a large number. They think $100 is possible :lmao: They mute you and think you’re a basher for speaking facts. Meanwhile I was holding more than that whole board combined, such idiots, but the ones in this stock so far are lucky idiots.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Clinical trials for the inhaled form begin in 2 weeks. Preprint from NeuroRX shows 19 of the first 21 patients administered the drug (critical patients) survived. That’s intravenous. If you extrapolate those numbers, this is the real deal. Not only that, but life can then resume.

We’ll see, it’s early, but promising. High risk high reward, could go to $0. I’ve already milked the cow, but my preference is obviously north.

Oh, and the Yahoo boards :lmao:

Math isn’t their thing. A lot of outstanding shares, there’s a cap on price with such a large number. They think $100 is possible :lmao: They mute you and think you’re a basher for speaking facts. Meanwhile I was holding more than that whole board combined, such idiots, but the ones in this stock so far are lucky idiots.

Yea that place is out of control funny. With that many outstanding shares is $10 even somewhat possible? I’m just hoping for 5. 

11 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Next time don't be a ####### and pretend to know things you don't.

Warrant Buffet (a notorious gold bear) sees the trade from my viewpoint (he’s just in after I’m up almost 100% already). I was suspended for basically saying what the greatest investor ever said with his money. I looked at an article from 2014 which was preached as gospel and called it what it was, a lie. My comment wasn’t based on opinion, it was based on fact. Your comment to me is far worse than what I said, I’m just not a baby who hits a report button. We’re adults here, supposedly.

This will help you in your professional career; don’t let prior grudges blind you from facts. 

Just now, fantasycurse42 said:

Warrant Buffet (a notorious gold bear) sees the trade from my viewpoint (he’s just in after I’m up almost 100% already). I was suspended for basically saying what the greatest investor ever said with his money. I looked at an article from 2014 which was preached as gospel and called it what it was, a lie. My comment wasn’t based on opinion, it was based on fact. Your comment to me is far worse than what I said, I’m just not a baby who hits a report button. We’re adults here, supposedly.

This will help you in your professional career; don’t let prior grudges blind you from facts. 

Who hit a report button? 

The issue/amusing part is that you seem to think it is someone's fault besides your own.

4 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I was also unaware we had a grudge. Good to know, I guess.

5 minutes ago, Capella said:

Yea that place is out of control funny. With that many outstanding shares is $10 even somewhat possible? I’m just hoping for 5. 

They have another like 1.3B authorized or something along those lines (and they will be added to float If this stock rises).

Personally, I feel $10 is a stretch. If the inhaler works, maybe, but even then idk. I suspect that a big pharma would step in at maybe like $15B ($5-$6 a share if they dilute). If (and big if) the drug is the real deal, intravenously, prob $3-$4, the inhaler would make the pie in sky $10 number a long shot, but possible.

Personally, I’m holding what I have left and I think $4-$5 is my hope if the drug saves 90% of critical patients.

Also, and this is the best advice you’ll find on this stock. Enable the Swiss exchange. Hold half in the US and half in the Swiss, you’ll be able to react to anything 11 hours out of the day. You basically get a head start on America. These Yahoo idiots have no idea what I’m even saying when I recommend this, but in the event of bad news overnight, could save you a ton on a sell off. Could also get in quicker on that side if you see something positive here. At the very least, you want that exchange enabled. I still only own the Swiss side, but tomorrow while both exchanges are open I’m going to put that in play. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I hold no grudge, but your posting towards me is far from sincere.

I thought your posts to JTG were ridiculous, particularly given you had no idea what you were talking about (my reference above). He has considerably more credibility than you with me (and I'll only speak for myself in that regard, but I suspect I'm not alone).

I thought your calling someone out for having  made bad calls in the past was laughable. Whether they did or not, I have no idea. It really doesn't matter.

Beyond that, I don't really give much thought to you. Sorry. I had no idea you were gone until you came in acting like a tween girl whose phone got taken away.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Good call (it’s low was $90, pre drop high $129), although I don’t think there’s anything I owned on 3/16 that hasn’t doubled from the bottom. Man I wish I used every bit of cash I had and dove into margin. My entire non 401k portfolio is all up at least 100% from that week. I bought a bunch in those two weeks but didn’t quite go all in and unfortunately bought a couple things on 2/27 and 3/9. They’ve done well but like FLGT which has tripled since 2/27, it went down 2/3rds after I bought it. It’s up almost 8x the bottom had a waited another week or two!

That bottom was awesome.

Historic buying opportunity. The once in 10 year we always see. 

Glad we had some cash on hand. It has been pretty glorious. Yeah your right..on the price. Was thinking about a different stock. 

1 hour ago, fantasycurse42 said:

@Bob Sacamano

I think the biggest blunder was your lack of self control: getting yourself banned so you could not pimp it properly

• Laughing 2
16 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Who hit a report button? 

The issue/amusing part is that you seem to think it is someone's fault besides your own.

“You’re a liar telling lies” got me 2 weeks and prevented me from giving you all gold.

The very first bullet point in the article posted and told that “it rings true today” from 2014 highlights a $13B debt load. You know what the debt load is today? $2B.

So what was said is factually a lie (indisputable), so that was a liar telling lies :shrug:

And with my gains on that stock, I’m passionate about it.

There are a handful of posters in this thread that I really would’ve loved to get in on this at the start, under 4 cents. By Sunday night on 8/2 I had more research on NeuroRX and Relief than any human on Earth. My friends who I gave it too have basically offered me their wives. I’m salty that I couldn’t get in here and pass this off to others at that point for stating facts. And that undeserved suspension was the biggest blunder in this forum’s history. Everyone would’ve made $10k, everyone, some would prob be up in the $100s as well.