Top Posters In This Topic

• fantasycurse42

• BassNBrew

• stbugs

• St. Louis Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First reference.  Brings a tear to my eye. $CYDY #notselling

"I know, dear, but I'm trusting Chet on this one. Yes, Chet. From the internet. "

I cashed out an underperforming account at ETrade about a year ago and the cash (about $950) just sat there as I had dulled on trading.  My cousin's wife Laura, who I was really close to, then di

2 minutes ago, Pipes said:

Not sure who mentioned GEVO but thank you.  Got in a couple of weeks ago at 57 cents.  It's having quite a day based on the news of a 1.5 billion $ revenue contracts they just signed. 

Yeah, I got in cheap a month or so ago and sold today for a nice profit.  Can't remember who recommended it either but a big thanks to them.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Great day for tech.

I just set up text alerts for FLGT at $50, $48, $46, $44, and $40.  I may never own this stock again.

Well forever isn't forever, first purchase just made.

• Like 1

MPW - Medical Properties Trust Inc REIT

I'm not big into REITs, but know some here are.  Came across this one from a SeekingAlpha article.  Being hospital and clinics, seems rather pandemic safe, no?   Currently 18.80's, 52-Wk Range 12.35 - 24.29. 

I can't for the life of me figure out TAP.  The financials look good to me.  They did ####can their dividend.  BUD has had a better bounce back.  I'm up on this by 9%, but just added 15% more to my position at $37.18.  Not going to get rich on this, but seems like a pretty safe bet to get a 10% return.

Out of BBQ for a 12% gain.  This was another PPP purchase I had forgotten about.  The PPP loan didn't impact their numbers last quarter.  Too risky and not really a company I wanted to be invested in long term so it seemed like a good time to exit.  9.3m shares and only 41000 traded today.  There have been days with less than 1000 shares traded and I represented 50% of the trading volume.  

9 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

:lmao: Tesla over $2k is ridiculous. 

Oh, it’s beyond ridiculous. Funny that the inclusion in S&P was the catalyst for the run up over $1000 and that begat the split and the split is the reason for the run up to $2000.

The best part is that the only reason they were able to get into S&P (not sure that’s official yet) was because they had 4 straight profitable quarters and the only reason that happened was selling tax credits.

So, the stock has tripled on 3 things that have nothing to do with their products/core business. 🤦‍♂️ I know it’s CV world this year but amazing that a stock can blow up like that for non-business reasons while the business’ revenue and earnings the last 6 months are actually less than the 6 months before that.

Truly insane and amazing at the same time. I wouldn’t touch the stock now and I also am disappointed that I didn’t ride this heavy train when I remember thinking about buying it around $400 in March.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

:lmao: Tesla over $2k is ridiculous. 

Really, I have 23 parked in my driveway right now and 14 more on order.  Don't we all?  😉

Edited by beef
3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Oh, it’s beyond ridiculous. Funny that the inclusion in S&P was the catalyst for the run up over $1000 and that begat the split and the split is the reason for the run up to $2000.

The best part is that the only reason they were able to get into S&P (not sure that’s official yet) was because they had 4 straight profitable quarters and the only reason that happened was selling tax credits.

So, the stock has tripled on 3 things that have nothing to do with their products/core business. 🤦‍♂️ I know it’s CV world this year but amazing that a stock can blow up like that for non-business reasons while the business’ revenue and earnings the last 6 months are actually less than the 6 months before that.

Truly insane and amazing at the same time. I wouldn’t touch the stock now and I also am disappointed that I didn’t ride this heavy train when I remember thinking about buying it around $400 in March.

I'd laugh my ### off if Elon sold all his shares and captured these gains.  This run up has made him billions.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, beef said:

Really, I have 23 parked in my driveway right now and 14 more on order.  Don't we all?  😉

Well yeah.

It's kinda funny to me that the #1 reason I bought at all was my 15yo's infatuation with Tesla. I should have just put his college funds into the stock. Dude would be getting a doctorate "free" and possibly paying for his siblings college.

8 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Well yeah.

It's kinda funny to me that the #1 reason I bought at all was my 15yo's infatuation with Tesla. I should have just put his college funds into the stock. Dude would be getting a doctorate "free" and possibly paying for his siblings college.

Sounds like you owe him a Tesla.

• Laughing 1
8 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Well yeah.

• Sad 1
15 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

14 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

12 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Maybe two Tesla's.

Maybe just a Honda. 

Err, Toyota!

• Like 2
23 hours ago, fantasycurse42 said:

It's good advice, and it is something I've tried to adhere to more and more as I've grown as a professional. On a message board, whatever, I'll let it fly, in a conference room, I'll take a deep breath and hold it in. You should think about my advice as well.

Here’s the thing about the FFA, it’s not a message board. The other forums here are but the FFA is a community where people send rare bourbons, send money in times of need, and are shoulders to cry on when needed. I appreciate everyone in here’s advice and I’m only reporting those that actively support Liverpool :rant: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

That thread was started 14 years ago. I have no point other than our days are whipping past us at a blinding speed as we rapidly approach our ultimate demise, which likely consists of nothingness other than a decomposing carcass for worms to feed on.

I added to $HUBS today.

12 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

That thread was started 14 years ago. I have no point other than our days are whipping past us at a blinding speed as we rapidly approach our ultimate demise, which likely consists of nothingness other than a decomposing carcass for worms to feed on.

I added to $HUBS today.

Tesla, which will trade on Nasdaq under the symbol "TSLA," priced its shares late Monday at $17 each, above the target range of $14 to $16. That allowed Tesla to raise more than $226 million in the IPO.

11 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

I added to $HUBS today.

I’ve got 50 shares of HUBS. I had watched it before the drop and they had great reports so I grabbed it at $142 on 3/9. I think it went to $110 a week later but has been on a roll since. I’ll probably be holding for a while.

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I’ve got 50 shares of HUBS. I had watched it before the drop and they had great reports so I grabbed it at $142 on 3/9. I think it went to $110 a week later but has been on a roll since. I’ll probably be holding for a while.

They have their crap together. I’m in for the long haul.

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Thanks for the reminder. I wish I had the $$$ 10 years ago. I’d be retired and rich. Tesla and Netflix and Amazon, etc. would have been right in my wheelhouse. Damn kids and wife!

1 minute ago, McBokonon said:

They have their crap together. I’m in for the long haul.

Yep and they were one of the purchases where I almost bought more. I made a couple buys on 2/27 and a few more on 3/9 and a few more on 3/16, some just additional shares of the stuff that dropped even more. I think HUBS was above $200 and had a great report but stocks were already dropping so I knew they’d have a great buy point.

7 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Break this one down for me, would you? Unfamiliar.

Solid enterprise software company. Have still been able to grow revenue these two CV quarters. I’m obviously in at a cheaper price but if you are looking a few years out, it should be a solid, better than the market, return.

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Break this one down for me, would you? Unfamiliar.

They help businesses promote themselves across digital platforms and gain intel from it.  That’s a very simplistic explanation but vodka.

They’re really good at it, though.