Top Posters In This Topic

• fantasycurse42

• BassNBrew

• stbugs

• St. Louis Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First reference.  Brings a tear to my eye. $CYDY #notselling

"I know, dear, but I'm trusting Chet on this one. Yes, Chet. From the internet. "

I cashed out an underperforming account at ETrade about a year ago and the cash (about $950) just sat there as I had dulled on trading.  My cousin's wife Laura, who I was really close to, then di

9 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

They did the most recent quarter. Are you seeing numbers that indicate it’s in jeopardy?

Not necessarily.  They're just nowhere near covering it organically.

5 minutes ago, guru_007 said:

XOM Payout Ratio154.67% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings)  
N/A (Based on This Year's Estimates)
310.71% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
52.70% (Based on Cash Flow)

Well that doesn't look so hot.

• Laughing 1
1 hour ago, skycriesmary said:

Funny how The Fool is still recommending these shysters. 

I like the fool for ideas, but while they say to let the winners run, they seem reluctant to cut losers. 

2 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

SE has pulled back 3% today for anyone looking to add back shares they sold.

Yeah, if you sold this week it's a good time to buy back.

19 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

I like the fool for ideas, but while they say to let the winners run, they seem reluctant to cut losers. 

They also do Ad pieces like that about companies. That’s not a recommendation like their pay services.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Would be nice if RLFTF moved a little north today. 

It's different to see CYDY up and RLFTF down.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Desert_Power said:

I keep getting tempted to add to my XLE position.

What is up with DKNG today?

Just normal trading on DKNG.  buy in the lower half of the 30's and sell in the upper half.

52 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

How many times a day do you guys refresh your account?

Me: about 100

TD and ThinkorSwim have live tickers all day and updates account balances automatically.  

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Bassnbrew: "maybe per hour, amateur :rolleyes:"

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
2 hours ago, ChiefD said:

I rarely have my account open during trading hours. I have a browser tab open to CYDY's page on Yahoo, and if I have a trade on, I'll have another tab. I have CNBC on and off much of the day too, so I know more or less where the index funds are.

Edited by kevzilla
I'm super lame
11 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Nice, me too. Going to get in on it. 

9 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

I don’t think I have the cash reserve to qualify 

How did you guys get notified?  Nothing in Active Trader nor email for me.

ETA: Nevermind, found it in Active Trader.  Surprised it didn't give me a popup or a notification icon or something.  XPeng the one you guys are talking about?

ETA2: I see the message regarding the offerering, but not how to move forward with it other than "check the device where you registered for alerts", which is this one.

Edited by FreeBaGeL
25 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

How did you guys get notified?  Nothing in Active Trader nor email for me.

ETA: Nevermind, found it in Active Trader.  Surprised it didn't give me a popup or a notification icon or something.  XPeng the one you guys are talking about?

ETA2: I see the message regarding the offerering, but not how to move forward with it other than "check the device where you registered for alerts", which is this one.

Yes, but I couldn’t participate. I’ve got 80 trades in the past year and more than enough household assets. I’m going to chat and see what the issue is. I keep getting pinged by one of their wealth guys so I’ll go down that road if I don’t get through on chat.

13 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yes, but I couldn’t participate. I’ve got 80 trades in the past year and more than enough household assets. I’m going to chat and see what the issue is. I keep getting pinged by one of their wealth guys so I’ll go down that road if I don’t get through on chat.

Where did you have to click through to try and participate? I see the message but no link to do it or anything. 

3 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Where did you have to click through to try and participate? I see the message but no link to do it or anything. 

I did a search for IPOs and somehow got there. There was a participate link and then it told me to #### off and now I’m pissed. Seeking Alpha said to stay away from this IPO. I just want to buy at the actual IPO price not where it opens and then dump and run for cover.

My only other Chinese company investment (LK) didn’t go so well. I’d like to milk China for at least what I lost there, which wasn’t too much. Luckily, pun intended, I only got 100 shares at $24.

Edited by stbugs
8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I did a search for IPOs and somehow got there. There was a participate link and then it told me to #### off and now I’m pissed. Seeking Alpha said to stay away from this IPO. I just want to buy at the actual IPO price not where it opens and then dump and run for cover.

My only other Chinese company investment (LK) didn’t go so well. I’d like to milk China for at least what I lost there, which wasn’t too much. Luckily, pun intended, I only got 100 shares at $24.

I read something about different ipos requiring $25k, $100k, and $500k at fidelity. May have read that wrong

18 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Some brokers might eliminate your ability to buy into IPOs at IPO prices if you sell within 30 days, fyi. I imagine Fidelity probably does but I’m not sure.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

I read something about different ipos requiring $25k, $100k, and $500k at fidelity. May have read that wrong

Yeah, the big ones are $500k. That said there have been a bunch recently. Rackspace, Rocket and CureVac. That last one would have been nice. Kind of pissed I missed all of those. No idea. A few meh ones right around the IPO but 4 of the 8 with significant gains up to 300% and that’s only in the last 5 weeks. 

14 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

$100,000
to participate in IPOs sponsored by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (KKR), as well as follow-on and secondary offerings

$500,000
to participate in IPOs sponsored by Credit Suisse and other underwriters

Damn, I need to check these out but son of a ##### last year there were a bunch of stocks that I own now like DDOG, ZM and FSLY (my cost basis is close here) along with some others on my watch list that I probably would have bought.

4 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

$100,000
to participate in IPOs sponsored by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (KKR), as well as follow-on and secondary offerings

$500,000
to participate in IPOs sponsored by Credit Suisse and other underwriters

The Credit Suisse ones are the good ones. 

4 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

So you have 500k and 36+ trades and it's still rejecting you?  Did the chat guy ever figure it out?

Yep, more than both. Still on chat with a new guy. One of my accounts is a joint one with my wife, so maybe she somehow has to sign off on something. i am asking him about how i can combine them all for one login, PIA cause her company uses fidelity two. i use two of their apps to check stuff.

Got it, up to 500 shares. No idea when I find out if I got any, but I will check what @McBokonon said about selling to early. Found it:

As with any investment, you are free to sell the securities obtained during an IPO whenever you determine it is appropriate for you. However, if you sell within the first 15 calendar days from the start of trading in the secondary market, it will affect your ability to participate in new issue equity public offerings through Fidelity for a defined period of time.

You will be prevented from participating in the IPO process if you are considered a flipper. The defined period of time which you will be prevented from participating depends on how many times you have flipped shares in the past:

First time: 180 days

Second time: 365 days

Third time: permanent ban from participating in IPO process

Edited by stbugs
1 minute ago, McBokonon said:

15 days isn’t that bad. TD is 30, not sure about Schwab.

Yeah, I can handle that. Just like a million things in life, I wish I found out about this before. Pretty cool new door opening. I'll post in here if I get some shares. If it ends up being like 5 shares or something silly, I'll keep trying. I did figure out the problem. My main taxable account is a "cash" account not a "brokerage" account. Kind of silly because I have a small account with like $11 in it that I never use that is a brokerage one so I transferred over shares. You can pay bills, buy stocks and have a debit card in both types of accounts and you can transfer freely between them. I have no clue why there is a designation, but even though I can buy any stock in that cash account, it can't participate in IPOs or doesn't count. Oh well, I'll just transfer everything over there.

35 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Got it, up to 500 shares. No idea when I find out if I got any, but I will check what @McBokonon said about selling to early. Found it:

As with any investment, you are free to sell the securities obtained during an IPO whenever you determine it is appropriate for you. However, if you sell within the first 15 calendar days from the start of trading in the secondary market, it will affect your ability to participate in new issue equity public offerings through Fidelity for a defined period of time.

You will be prevented from participating in the IPO process if you are considered a flipper. The defined period of time which you will be prevented from participating depends on how many times you have flipped shares in the past:

First time: 180 days

Second time: 365 days

Third time: permanent ban from participating in IPO process

So who is getting to buy the shares that are tradeable?  Sounds like a rule to give the investment firms an edge

15 days doesn't matter if it's a company you like and want to hold long-term but it does kind of suck if you're just looking to trade a hot new IPO runner.  Most of the recent IPO runners have topped out around day 2 or 3 and pulled back substantially (33%+) from there.  LMND and BIGC both hit almost $100 and by day 15 were down in the $60's and CVAC was up in the mid $80's and is now well off from there.

3 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

I read that as OR. Is it both?

I thought it was "or" as well (it's a bit unclear on the website) but when I went to actually participate in one it specified it as "and".

Edited by FreeBaGeL