Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

15 days doesn't matter if it's a company you like and want to hold long-term but it does kind of suck if you're just looking to trade a hot new IPO runner.  Most of the recent IPO runners have topped out around day 2 or 3 and pulled back substantially (33%+) from there.  LMND and BIGC both hit almost $100 and by day 15 were down in the $60's and CVAC was up in the mid $80's and is now well off from there.

Yeah, problem is you never know when there’s a great one coming down the road. I’ll hopefully find out if it even matters based on how many shares I actually get.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 49.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • fantasycurse42

    3538

  • BassNBrew

    2648

  • stbugs

    2594

  • St. Louis Bob

    1585

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First reference.  Brings a tear to my eye. $CYDY #notselling

I cashed out an underperforming account at ETrade about a year ago and the cash (about $950) just sat there as I had dulled on trading.  My cousin's wife Laura, who I was really close to, then di

"I know, dear, but I'm trusting Chet on this one. Yes, Chet. From the internet. "

11 hours ago, skycriesmary said:

It's still way early, but that's how I feel already with EVSI. Brutal when it goes down 25% within a couple weeks of your buy.

UGG, EVSI, I keep holding, might as well.  down like 20%

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the March lows I had a bunch of money earmarked for trading during this crazy market.  I'm looking to move some of those profits into more long term holdings.  Do people think it's better to move that money more weighted into value stuff that's currently beaten down like STWD/EXC/DFS/JPM/XOM or tech staples that could keep running like AMZN/AAPL/SE/AMD?

My obvious thought was to buy the beaten down stuff while it's cheap but at this point I'm not convinced these freaking tech names won't run up even more by the time the value stuff gets back near its highs.

ETA: Already own all of these stocks just looking to add more.  

Edited by FreeBaGeL
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Since the March lows I had a bunch of money earmarked for trading during this crazy market.  I'm looking to move some of those profits into more long term holdings.  Do people think it's better to move that money more weighted into value stuff that's currently beaten down like STWD/EXC/DFS/JPM/XOM or tech staples that could keep running like AMZN/AAPL/SE/AMD?

My obvious thought was to buy the beaten down stuff while it's cheap but at this point I'm not convinced these freaking tech names won't run up even more by the time the value stuff gets back near its highs.

ETA: Already own all of these stocks just looking to add more.  

I'm assuming things are going to get bad.  As far as jobs, housing, etc after the election.

I'm in AMZN already. to my max.

Slowly following buffett into GOLD

Keeping my hopeful homerun of HRVSF

Just purchased JPM today, and im down.  We shall see IF I add.

RKT I'm up 27% and thinking of adding on a dip.  Even if housing crashes, the new owners will need loans is my thought.

Selling my TSLA at probably the wrong time

Holding CSCO for now

Shorted SIRI.

By the election I'm assuming Ill have... AMZN, GOLD, HRVSF, JPM, RKT.

Edited by KGB
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

TSLA stock owners...

When are you planning on selling if at all?

MY purchase price is $1640.  It's hard to imagine this stock being valued more than walmart.  But there are a few events coming.

My thought is to hold Through the ups and downs of all 3.  But a bit nervous as I can see the stock tanking if they get included into the S&P so those market makers can get in cheaper.   I'm a novice.  Thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KGB said:

TSLA stock owners...

When are you planning on selling if at all?

MY purchase price is $1640.  It's hard to imagine this stock being valued more than walmart.  But there are a few events coming.

My thought is to hold Through the ups and downs of all 3.  But a bit nervous as I can see the stock tanking if they get included into the S&P so those market makers can get in cheaper.   I'm a novice.  Thoughts?

Currently #9 in Market Cap.  P/E over 1000.  Could be #6 behind FB in value by the time this all goes down.  

This feels like the biggest bubble in history.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KGB said:

TSLA stock owners...

When are you planning on selling if at all?

MY purchase price is $1640.  It's hard to imagine this stock being valued more than walmart.  But there are a few events coming.

My thought is to hold Through the ups and downs of all 3.  But a bit nervous as I can see the stock tanking if they get included into the S&P so those market makers can get in cheaper.   I'm a novice.  Thoughts?

I told myself I was going to sell at $2000 but I ended up only selling 30% as I am intrigued by what might happen after it splits.  I am worried about the bubble as @Nugget said but this thing has been a bubble for years now.

Ultimately I think I'm going to sell just before the split and hope to pick some back up after a potential fade post-split.

Purely trading it though, not interested in holding very much long-term (maybe a small amount since I could be in for a little bit for free at this point).

Link to post
Share on other sites

For those interested in the IPO fun: https://www.iposcoop.com/last-100-ipos/

You can sort by % returns since IPO.  All of the top 4 and 6 of the top 7 in returns are in healthcare.

5 new healthcare IPOs in the last week and all of them are currently sitting at 20%+ returns.  It's worth noting those returns are based on the IPO price though and not the price by the time it actually hit the secondary market.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Since the March lows I had a bunch of money earmarked for trading during this crazy market.  I'm looking to move some of those profits into more long term holdings.  Do people think it's better to move that money more weighted into value stuff that's currently beaten down like STWD/EXC/DFS/JPM/XOM or tech staples that could keep running like AMZN/AAPL/SE/AMD?

My obvious thought was to buy the beaten down stuff while it's cheap but at this point I'm not convinced these freaking tech names won't run up even more by the time the value stuff gets back near its highs.

ETA: Already own all of these stocks just looking to add more.  

Covid is going to get crazy bad this winter.  The market will likely have another huge crash in the next 6 months.  I'm not looking at any long term holdings until next spring at the earliest.  If I did have long term holdings, I would make sure they are stocks that benefit from a massive Covid outbreak.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

Covid is going to get crazy bad this winter.  The market will likely have another huge crash in the next 6 months.  I'm not looking at any long term holdings until next spring at the earliest.  If I did have long term holdings, I would make sure they are stocks that benefit from a massive Covid outbreak.

Oooooo-k :rolleyes:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

For those interested in the IPO fun: https://www.iposcoop.com/last-100-ipos/

You can sort by % returns since IPO.  All of the top 4 and 6 of the top 7 in returns are in healthcare.

5 new healthcare IPOs in the last week and all of them are currently sitting at 20%+ returns.  It's worth noting those returns are based on the IPO price though and not the price by the time it actually hit the secondary market.

That’s last sentence is key and why I really want to see how this works. I found that site last night as well. That’s where I found all those IPOs that I ended up buying post IPO.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, kodycutter said:

Anyone looking at Oil? I've been watching XOM and OXY for a bit.   OXY seems to be just bleeding, Buffett got rid of all his common but still has his preferred.   XOM doesn't look to have cut its dividend, OXY has.      

With hurricane season hitting, shouldn’t oil start to rise due to supply issues but also the additional demand?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Stocks looking to pop this morning. Tesla and Apple still on a rocket ride. I don’t own Apple outside of knowing how much it already is part of our 401ks. Definitely seems over extended but it and Tesla are just favored so much that it doesn’t matter. Tesla, my lord. Their last two quarters were ok, but they aren’t even profitable except for selling tax credits. Still wish I had bought it in March when it was I think $350. Crazy to think that they are up 6x and their revenue and profit are less in the last 6 months than the 6 months prior.

Edited by stbugs
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wild ride. Still up almost 1% but it seems like the indexes are only green because of the FAANG. I’ve got some red and some green but I’m only up overall because of AMZN and a little of the other thread stock.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2020 at 10:32 AM, -OZ- said:

Bought 100 shares of DFS @  $49.70

Will sell at $52

This might hit faster than expected.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

I wonder if today's stock price rise is from more new WeBull traders.  Not all WeBull traders who want to own CYDY knew that the stock was available on Friday.  More WeBull money could come in for weeks just from them newly finding out that they have the ability to invest in CYDY.

Pretty sure it's because I finally ripped the band aid off on most of the holdings. :shrug:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Buy Li Auto Stock, 2 Analysts Say. The Electric-Vehicle Maker Is 'Differentiating Itself' -- Barrons.com

BY Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
— 9:19 AM ET 08/24/2020

Chinese electric-vehicle startup Li Auto ( LI) got its first Buy ratings -- two of them -- from Goldman Sachs and Bernstein.

Li sold shares in an initial public offering priced at $11.50 on July 29. Shares have settled in about 30% higher, valuing the company's stock at about $12.5 billion.

That isn't high enough, according to both brokers issuing initial recommendations. Goldman analyst Fei Fang set his price target at $20.60 a share. Bernstein's Robin Zhu values Li stock at $21 a share.

Fang's price target is a hair-lower, but he put Li stock on Goldman's "conviction buy" list, reserved for the firms' best ideas. "Li Auto ( LI) 

) is differentiating itself from the broader Chinese auto-making industry by envisioning and creating compelling EV consumer experiences -- and showing a willingness to take on the risk of unconventional technologies and act innovatively," Fang wrote in his report.

Li's SUV includes a gasoline-powered generator that recharges batteries on the fly, serving as a range extender for the vehicle. An onboard generator is an advantage for Li because China's EV charging infrastructure isn't well developed.

Fang expects the company to introduce more extended-range electric vehicles -- including sedans -- over the next few years. In his financial model, he has Li sales rising from 30,000 vehicles in 2020 to 445,000 vehicles in 2025.

Right now, Li is a little smaller in delivery volume than NIO (NIO), another Chinese EV maker. NIO stock, for comparison, is worth almost $17 billion. The company also has a little more debt than Li.

Fang also covers NIO stock. He rates it Sell with a $7.70 price target, implying NIO should be worth about 60% of what Li is worth. The difference in valuation is one way to illustrate how high Fang is on Li's business strategy.

Zhu covers NIO stock, too, and rates shares the equivalent of Hold. His price target is $12 a share.

Looking ahead, investors should expect more Li research reports in coming weeks. The company has only two analysts from large brokerages covering the company, compared with NIO's 14. Analysts are often prohibited from publishing research immediately following an IPO. Goldman bankers, for their part, helped Li raised money in its stock offering.

Li shares were up 4.9% in premarket trading Monday. Dow Jones Industrial Average futures and S&P 500 futures were up 1% and 0.8%, respectively.

Li has a short trading history, but EV stocks in general are on fire this year. The stocks Barron's tracks are up roughly 250% year to date. Stock in Tesla (TSLA), the world's most valuable car company, is up about 390% year to date. NIO shares have gained about 250%.

Write to Al Root at allen.root@dowjones.com

Does anyone own an LI?  I bought a little this morning...

Edited by Guinis72
ETA: This article was listed under news for TSLA
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Guinis72 said:

Does anyone own an LI?  I bought a little this morning...

Every time I touch a China stock, it turns out the books are being cooked.  Sounds like a great stock and if you bought early today it's done well for you already.  I'll probably sit this one out and not jinx it for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Every time I touch a China stock, it turns out the books are being cooked.  Sounds like a great stock and if you bought early today it's done well for you already.  I'll probably sit this one out and not jinx it for you.

Good advice.  I apparently bought at the exact wrong time as I'm already down 2%.  Lol.  I sold 2 TSLA shares to buy it though, which is down even more now.

Btw, sorry for that bad MU advice a few weeks ago to anyone who may have listened, it's up 2% today, but still quite a ways from the $48 where I originally bought it and posted about it!  I've since doubled down and still expect it to make it back to the $50's at some point...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Guinis72 said:

Good advice.  I apparently bought at the exact wrong time as I'm already down 2%.  Lol.  I sold 2 TSLA shares to buy it though, which is down even more now.

Btw, sorry for that bad MU advice a few weeks ago to anyone who may have listened, it's up 2% today, but still quite a ways from the $48 where I originally bought it and posted about it!  I've since doubled down and still expect it to make it back to the $50's at some point...

MU, what's the deal here? I've watched it slide nearly 20%. Very surprising.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Every time I touch a China stock, it turns out the books are being cooked.  Sounds like a great stock and if you bought early today it's done well for you already.  I'll probably sit this one out and not jinx it for you.

Stay away from BABA please.

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Selling the NRGU acquired at $2.79 on Friday for an 8% gain.

I followed you out at 3.11 and rolled into YANG @20.93.  Think China is going to drop with the rhetoric coming out of the RNC this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DEADHEAD said:

MU, what's the deal here? I've watched it slide nearly 20%. Very surprising.

I'm not sure.  JP Morgan still priced it at $65 on 8/14/20 and I haven't seen any negative news.  This is my type of luck  though "- Longest losing streak since Nov. 16, 2015, when it fell for nine straight trading days".  

Quote

Micron Technology Down Seven Consecutive Days So Far, on Track for Longest Losing Streak Since November 2015 -- Data Talk

BY Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
— 12:16 PM ET 08/21/2020

Micron Technology, Inc. ( MU 

 Loading...

) is currently at $42.63, down $0.36 or 0.83%

-- Would be lowest close since April 21, 2020, when it closed at $41.41

-- Currently down eight of the past nine days

-- Currently down seven consecutive days; down 12.07% over this period

-- Longest losing streak since Nov. 16, 2015, when it fell for nine straight trading days

-- Worst seven day stretch since the seven days ending March 20, 2020, when it fell 17.41%

-- Down 14.83% month-to-date

-- Down 20.73% year-to-date

-- Down 55.85% from its all-time closing high of $96.56 on July 14, 2000

-- Down 0.77% from 52 weeks ago (Aug. 23, 2019), when it closed at $42.96

-- Down 28.94% from its 52-week closing high of $59.99 on Feb. 19, 2020

-- Up 23.67% from its 52-week closing low of $34.47 on March 16, 2020

-- Traded as low as $42.48

-- Down 1.17% at today's intraday low

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

EVSI - Wait!

I hate to chuckle, but I never bought any and before was just joking about taking it off my list because of you. This post just reminded me of that. I was interested but I hesitate to jump into a tiny stock ($70M market cap). Their earnings a couple weeks ago had declining revenues from 2019 and even with the recent drop they are still selling at 15x revenue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I hate to chuckle, but I never bought any and before was just joking about taking it off my list because of you. This post just reminded me of that. I was interested but I hesitate to jump into a tiny stock ($70M market cap). Their earnings a couple weeks ago had declining revenues from 2019 and even with the recent drop they are still selling at 15x revenue.

Yeah, it sounds like a joke, but truth is don't buy any stock I dip my toes into. You all have been warned repeatedly! 

  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -OZ- said:

 

On 8/21/2020 at 11:32 AM, -OZ- said:

Bought 100 shares of DFS @  $49.70

Will sell at $52

This might hit faster than expected.

 

Boom.  5% in one trading day.  Great call.  You just retired one day earlier.

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

Yeah, it sounds like a joke, but truth is don't buy any stock I dip my toes into. You all have been warned repeatedly! 

On a serious note, have you had a bad 2020 and do you feel like you are jumping in on “friends” recommendations? If so, definitely think about ETFs and index funds. For instance, it only took me a minute in Yahoo to not feel great about investing due to the high multiple and shrinking revenue. Could get you into sectors without being tied to a single stock that can hurt. I do both since all my 401ks are index type funds and my non 401ks are all individual stocks. I’ve got probably 40 stocks so one stock hitting a rut will eat into performance, but not be an issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ConstruxBoy said:

What is a good exit on VBIV?

I'm targeting $3.50.  Will buy more if it drops below $3.  This is definitely a stock to dribble into because you have no idea which direction it will head, just that it will make large moves.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

Boom.  5% in one trading day.  Great call.  You just retired one day earlier.

Lol. Maybe if I bought more than 100 shares.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, stbugs said:

On a serious note, have you had a bad 2020 and do you feel like you are jumping in on “friends” recommendations? If so, definitely think about ETFs and index funds. For instance, it only took me a minute in Yahoo to not feel great about investing due to the high multiple and shrinking revenue. Could get you into sectors without being tied to a single stock that can hurt. I do both since all my 401ks are index type funds and my non 401ks are all individual stocks. I’ve got probably 40 stocks so one stock hitting a rut will eat into performance, but not be an issue.

:yes:

My ETFs aren't my biggest winners but man do I feel more comfortable hanging on to them long term than almost any individual stock.  I don't feel like I can just ignore the individual companies, even the big ones. But the ETFs I just set and don't sweat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

I'm targeting $3.50.  Will buy more if it drops below $3.  This is definitely a stock to dribble into because you have no idea which direction it will head, just that it will make large moves.

In at $3.17. Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

OKE purchase from Friday hit it's sell limit up a little bit.  Still down 5% on the bulk of my holdings here.  I was up over 10% at one time.  You still loving this stock @Golf Guy 69 

The last week wasn'tl kind to it.  I sold 2500 shares today go towards the mountain home @chet got me in Fancy Gap.  Liquidated a few other things but still have 2500 shares and think it is a long term hold for me.  

Edited by Golf Guy 69
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Golf Guy 69 said:

The last week wasn'tl kind to it.  I sold 2500 shares today go towards the mountain home @chet got me in Fancy Gap.  Liquidated a few other things but still have 2500 shares and think it is a long term hold for me.  

Fancy Gap in Virginia? Nice place. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...