Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

35 minutes ago, Golf Guy 69 said:

The last week wasn'tl kind to it.  I sold 2500 shares today go towards the mountain home @chet got me in Fancy Gap.  Liquidated a few other things but still have 2500 shares and think it is a long term hold for me.  

Congrats. Happy for youCongrats. Happy for you

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 49.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fantasycurse42

• BassNBrew

• stbugs

• St. Louis Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First reference.  Brings a tear to my eye. $CYDY #notselling

"I know, dear, but I'm trusting Chet on this one. Yes, Chet. From the internet. "

I cashed out an underperforming account at ETrade about a year ago and the cash (about $950) just sat there as I had dulled on trading.  My cousin's wife Laura, who I was really close to, then di

On 8/22/2020 at 9:15 AM, kodycutter said:

Anyone looking at Oil? I've been watching XOM and OXY for a bit.   OXY seems to be just bleeding, Buffett got rid of all his common but still has his preferred.   XOM doesn't look to have cut its dividend, OXY has.      

XOM is getting removed from the Dow along with Raytheon and Pfeizer. They’re adding Salesforce, Honeywell, and Amgen. Just saw it on CNBC in case that matters to you.

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

XOM is getting removed from the Dow along with Raytheon and Pfeizer. They’re adding Salesforce, Honeywell, and Amgen. Just saw it on CNBC in case that matters to you.

I still have a chunk of XOM.  Is this like, terrible news for the share price or just kind of ho hum??

I did just see the after hours it's down about what it gained today

Edited by ghostguy123
13 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Wow, I'm really out of it as Raytheon and pfeizer being replaced surprises me.

10 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

I still have a chunk of XOM.  Is this like, terrible news for the share price or just kind of ho hum??

I did just see the after hours it's down about what it gained today

Yeah, definitely a short term hit but it seems to be helping the new additions more than hurting the removals. But I also have no interest in XOM or most oil companies - I can’t see how they become more in fashion pretty much ever.

21 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Where's Todem?  You had XOM as a buy when under 45.  

How does being removed from the DOW change your perspective on the company or your target buy price.....if at all?  TIA

Have you ever heard of anyone buying a dow mutual find?Have you ever heard of anyone buying a dow mutual find?

1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

@stbugs FMCI up 13% today.  Do we ride or sell?

Not sure to be honest. I’m not sure why OPES hasn’t popped a little due to the recent rally of restaurant/CV’s gone type stocks. I actually like FMCI as a potential long term play ever since I got my wife some of their food at Costco and she loves it.

The ones that scare me are the EV ones. I think those could be like the current biotech stocks once CV dust settles. Too many winners right now. Not the way that shakes out in the end, especially with an 800 lb gorilla in Tesla.

14 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I actually like FMCI as a potential long term play ever since I got my wife some of their food at Costco and she loves it.

I am in the same boat.  I bought some of their products from Costco after I owned the stock as a SPAC and they were all pretty darned good.  I was tempted to sell today on the run-up but I held.

2 hours ago, McBokonon said:

Yeah, definitely a short term hit but it seems to be helping the new additions more than hurting the removals. But I also have no interest in XOM or most oil companies - I can’t see how they become more in fashion pretty much ever.

If any of the oil companies can come back it would be the big ones.  The problem is there is such an oversupply, and who knows how long until we return to same demand.

14 minutes ago, KGB said:

Wish I had more than 200 RKT

Wish I hadn't sold all mine at $24.

eta: I still am not sure this forbearance stuff doesn't hurt their numbers.

Edited by BassNBrew
2 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Im holding for a long time on this.  if it dips again, I think ill add 300, then hold.  right now im averaged in at $20.81.  I think at 24 again and im a buyer

How I understand it, they get the loans and sell them pretty quickly.  they did with mine

Edited by KGB
2 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

I'm not sure I see the appeal in this one past a short trade.  The mortgage market high water mark may be now.  Perfect storm.  

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Sand said:

I'm not sure I see the appeal in this one past a short trade.  The mortgage market high water mark may be now.  Perfect storm.  

My thoughts are...

When everyone defaults, new mortgages will need to be done for new buyers.

Pretty rare to get in on the big dog in their industry at the very beginning.  

Refis?

Any talk about Billy Beane's SPAC Redball, which just launched August 17th.  Rumored to be in the market for a premier league team, speculation is it could be Liverpool or Tottenham

RBAC

https://nypost.com/2020/08/23/liverpool-could-be-target-of-group-headed-by-billy-beane/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-08-20/hedge-fund-millennium-buys-stake-in-billy-beane-s-redball-spac

I haven't done a ton of research on it yet but certainly has my interest

Edited by Dwayne Hoover
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, KGB said:

Im holding for a long time on this.  if it dips again, I think ill add 300, then hold.  right now im averaged in at $20.81.  I think at 24 again and im a buyer

How I understand it, they get the loans and sell them pretty quickly.  they did with mine

I don't understand how they're in business.  Every loan I've ever done when I've shopped them they've had the worst rate and highest fees.  Literally last place in both categories on every loan I've ever shopped.

I guess they spend their money on marketing.  Like the Monster Cables of mortgages.

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, KGB said:

My thoughts are...

When everyone defaults, new mortgages will need to be done for new buyers.

Pretty rare to get in on the big dog in their industry at the very beginning.  

Refis?

If anyone defaults in the first three months, they don't get paid.

The gov't just added a 500 basis points to any re-fi.  That every comes out of their profit or gets passed along to the consumer meaning re-fis won't look as attractive.

Per @Chadstroma they are under investigation for regulation violations. 

I believe the guy piloting the mothership owns the Cleveland Cavaliers.

48 minutes ago, Caesar said:

DHT down pretty big (8.64%) pre-market on its ex-div date today.  News from a few days ago:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/dht-holdings-inc-announces-conversion-201500621.html 

This was my question.. so I own DHT, had/have a 31% dividend.

The stock drops 9% = 22% win for the dividend recipient right?  Great news?

Edited by matuski
1 minute ago, matuski said:

This was my question.. so I own DHT, had/have a 31% dividend.

The stock drops 9% = 22% win for the dividend recipient right?  Great news?

Divide the dividend by 4.  31% is for the year, not the quarter.

29 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

I knew I should have sold prior to dividend date.  Time got away from me yesterday.

I don’t know how you manage everything. I check prices every day and I’ve got a small back log of some buys I want to make, but I couldn’t handle the amount of trades and short term stuff you do. Job and kids at home 4 days a week. No chance.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

I knew I should have sold prior to dividend date.  Time got away from me yesterday.

Since I am so new, I don't fully understand the news, but it seems like the stock is being diluted at a lower share price?

I'm still learning the intricacies of this stuff.  Luckily, I am back to where I bought it at and not lower (yet), but at least I will have the dividend, I guess.

1 minute ago, Lacey said:

Anyone still playing RLFTF?  It appears I bought in near the high and wondering if others are adding here?

If not for the $50 charge I'd be buying. I'm just gonna sit tight with my low cost and ride this out.

I think if this thing gets anywhere near a couple of bucks I'm out completely. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Lacey said:

Anyone still playing RLFTF?  It appears I bought in near the high and wondering if others are adding here?

Back in if it hits the 30s. I don’t care enough about it to pay more than that. 

• Like 2

Still following that Houston firefighter story who received the RLF-100 over the weekend. From my completely unscientific perspective, it doesn't appear to be working for him.  

He's still hanging in there, but the latest report on their Facebook page last night has basically the same info as the last day or two. They usually update morning and evening.

• Sad 2

I've been looking for a PANW entry point for a long time. It came last night. Still ok this morning. This will be a rare hold for 5-10 yr. stock for me.

Edited by cosjobs
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, Capella said:

Back in if it hits the 30s. I don’t care enough about it to pay more than that. 

I'm starting to regret buying at .51.  Waiting for a complete plunge to the .30s is probably a better strategy.  It could happen any day now.

Edited by Don Hutson
  • Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, Lacey said:

30 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

I'm back into RLFTF at .51

I placed a limit at 0.50. hasn't hit yet

1 minute ago, Don Hutson said:

I'm starting to regret buying at .51.  Waiting for a complete plunge to the .30s is probably a better strategy.  It could happen any day now.

Yeah, but so could a 20¢ rise. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1