What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (13 Viewers)

Even after CV, I think there’s going to still be way more video conferencing and way less travel. That said, I wouldn’t buy right now just because it’s moved so much. 
Seems like it for sure. Zoom is my preferred vid conferencing. Teams in second.

I am close to double up territory and will prolly take a bit out but it is always so hard when these things go parabolic like this. They have a great product as well.

Even after CV, I think there’s going to still be way more video conferencing and way less travel. That said, I wouldn’t buy right now just because it’s moved so much. 
Right. Buy low, sell high always works. You just need to figure out if ZM at its current price is low. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like it for sure. Zoom is my preferred vid conferencing. Teams in second.

I am close to double up territory and will prolly take a bit out but it is always so hard when these things go parabolic like this. They have a great product as well.
It is tough. I sold a lot of TTD and lost out on some huge gains. I did reinvest that money so it wasn’t awful and it’s actually still one of my largest holdings. I just had too much to feel comfortable. My FLGT took 1 day to go from triple to double. It wasn’t my favorite so I’ll wait for a little euphoria to go away and get back in but it does feel nice to lock in a gain. I’m now up about 76% for the year so I’m a little antsy to lock in some gains. I’ve got MDB and ZS coming up tomorrow and next week and CRWD is tomorrow although I don’t own it (still could dent things like it). A few other tech stocks similar to what I own reporting over the next week so you worry about that one bad one potentially torpedoing the rest. 

It is tough. I sold a lot of TTD and lost out on some huge gains. I did reinvest that money so it wasn’t awful and it’s actually still one of my largest holdings. I just had too much to feel comfortable. My FLGT took 1 day to go from triple to double. It wasn’t my favorite so I’ll wait for a little euphoria to go away and get back in but it does feel nice to lock in a gain. I’m now up about 76% for the year so I’m a little antsy to lock in some gains. I’ve got MDB and ZS coming up tomorrow and next week and CRWD is tomorrow although I don’t own it (still could dent things like it). A few other tech stocks similar to what I own reporting over the next week so you worry about that one bad one potentially torpedoing the rest. 
These are good problems to have!

Sold some of the OESX that went up way faster than I ever could have imagined and started a small position, about a third, in NNOX. They have created a portable X-Ray machine that, upon FDA approval, they will give away and then charge per scan. The goal is to make X-Ray technology accessible to everyone in the world as opposed to now, where X-Ray machines and CT scans are cost prohibitive and huge. 

FDA decision in the next few months, maybe? Anyway, it’s a gamble, but if it works as intended this could be huge. They have legit partners and surprisingly little debt for a company at this stage, but they also have the no revenue thing until they can deploy.
This is up 29% today, I caught about 25% right after I bought it. This market. :loco:

How long is left on your mortgage?

Short answer is no.  
I just paid mine off.  With the interest savings (I don't see us itemizing again, so interest savings aren't deductible anymore) combined with my savings rate I'll have my mortgage payoff amount back in the markets by end of 2021.

We'll see what the markets do over the next 18 months to see whether I made out.  I tell you, though, when I look at my balance sheet and see liabilities at $200 or whatever my CC bill is at the time is a nice feeling.  I am completely paid off.  Un-#######-touchable.

More than one call? Sell some and let the rest ride. One call? Do you feel lucky?
So, I just have to vent here.

I am brand new to options. This was one option. $.80 call. $80 would be harmless to me. Good one to try this out on. It went to $4.60 on Friday, so I sat on it over the weekend. Then came the news that China was ####ing with the deal. Monday morning, it starts dropping, so I figured they killed it. Sold at $2.50. I mean, 212% profit. Awesome, right?

This call, as of this post, is sitting at $10.90. I just missed out on a $1000 payday(AND STILL GROWING) because I got scared. I’m not looking for pity, or even advice. I just needed to type this out somewhere so I don’t go home and kick my cat into next week.  :wall: :wall: :wall:

I am brand new to options. This was one option. $.80 call. $80 would be harmless to me. Good one to try this out on. It went to $4.60 on Friday, so I sat on it over the weekend. Then came the news that China was ####ing with the deal. Monday morning, it starts dropping, so I figured they killed it. Sold at $2.50. I mean, 212% profit. Awesome, right?

This call, as of this post, is sitting at $10.90. I just missed out on a $1000 payday(AND STILL GROWING) because I got scared. I’m not looking for pity, or even advice. I just needed to type this out somewhere so I don’t go home and kick my cat into next week.  :wall: :wall: :wall:
You have to take wins when it comes to options.  Sounds like you didn't have much to lose here and maybe could have held out a lot longer but in general that's not how I would treat options.  A small win can be fine, better than your option going worthless, which is common.

You got a big win here, worth celebrating.  I wouldn't expect to be hitting on a lot of those like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just paid mine off.  With the interest savings (I don't see us itemizing again, so interest savings aren't deductible anymore) combined with my savings rate I'll have my mortgage payoff amount back in the markets by end of 2021.

We'll see what the markets do over the next 18 months to see whether I made out.  I tell you, though, when I look at my balance sheet and see liabilities at $200 or whatever my CC bill is at the time is a nice feeling.  I am completely paid off.  Un-#######-touchable.
Nice dude. Love it.

Congrats!  

Of course, the day my CC bills are only $200 will be... Probably never. 

This is a subject the wife and I have debated a bit. It's highly likely we'll never be without a mortgage, until we sell and move into a retirement home or just become nomads. But it sure does sound nice to have such low expenses.

:lol:  @Sand and I live in what could practically be called anti-seattle. We'll be among the last to have legalized it.
Oh man. I am not a huge fan honestly but love it as an option for folks who want to partake and I do like going to the shops just to see the whole process in action. Listening to the spiel from the people working there cracks me up how in depth they get about it...rivals the wine people with their descriptions.

Once the local government in your area sees that revenue I think they'll jump on in. 

Yup, same. It's nuts. Been working for a long time to have the nest egg to allow for these big gains so it just feels good.
I’m still amazed at how far we’ve come in 4 years. Took a few years after wife wasn’t working for over a decade to get back into real savings mode and then the last 4 years have been max savings. The last year of investing has been awesome, wish I started stocks earlier. Went from got a lot of work to do/not really thinking about retirement to hey, this might be doable and really nice. I know it won’t continue like this but above market gains for 5-7 years and I may be planning my see ya ####### later exit email.

I just added another one yesterday.  30 yr at 3.25% for an investment property.  

Real estate was easier when you only had to put down 10%.  Just turned $15K into $100k in 16 years.  Wither 25% down, the returns won't be nearly as good.  Going to take 18 years to triple my investment.  You can do that with Zoom in one month.

I’m still amazed at how far we’ve come in 4 years. Took a few years after wife wasn’t working for over a decade to get back into real savings mode and then the last 4 years have been max savings. The last year of investing has been awesome, wish I started stocks earlier. Went from got a lot of work to do/not really thinking about retirement to hey, this might be doable and really nice. I know it won’t continue like this but above market gains for 5-7 years and I may be planning my see ya ####### later exit email.
Hell yeah. Compound interest! This year has been a total boon, and some dumb luck for me. Definitely filling the lack of sports, nerding out on stats fix.

Sounds like you are doing a lot of tech stocks so I'm sure it's been pretty epic :lol:

I play golf with a group of people who are in early 30's (I'm 47) and these dudes just don't seem to be interested at all (I assume they are doing at least the bare minimum to get matching in 401k) so I don't bring it up too much but man they are missing out. This run we have had could be setting them up really, really well.

Congrats on your big hits and hopefully you are sending that email sooner rather than later (or have that in your pocket).

Nice dude. Love it.
Another nice tidbit from having paid things off.  When you have savings and you reduce both the numerator (savings) and denominator (annual expenses) the ratio may well go up; it did for me.  So my savings are now about 30x expenses, up from 25x or so. 

Now I need to get my cash reserves up to stretch me for a decade to get me past that pinch point.   And I just increased that savings by 20k or so each year by paying off the mortgage.  A nice, tight circle.

Oh man. I am not a huge fan honestly
Heck, we don't even have the lottery here yet.  That stuff is way down the list.  :gang2:

I'm not a fan of it, either, as it's nowhere near as harmless as folks portray it to be.  I do think it should be legalized, though.  Alcohol is way, way more destructive.

I considered selling a bunch of stuff off today and going heavy cash, then I read this.
This one is a bit lower and less rare for the last almost 50 years:

https://twitter.com/TKPTrader/status/1270864552603705345?s=20 

That’s a damn good 4-8 month return when you get 10% above 50 day moving average. If you look at the dates most of them are kind of right after the big drops so seems inline with the current timeframe.

I still feel damn antsy but it does lead credence to staying the course for a big longer.

Oh man. I am not a huge fan honestly but love it as an option for folks who want to partake and I do like going to the shops just to see the whole process in action. Listening to the spiel from the people working there cracks me up how in depth they get about it...rivals the wine people with their descriptions.

Once the local government in your area sees that revenue I think they'll jump on in. 
We still don't have the lottery.

BassNBrew said:
How long is left on your mortgage?

Short answer is no.  
6 years.

Looks like smarter to go cash and wait out the upcming doom.  ill be out by election

Is there a good site for pulling P/E or P/S ratio trends for companies over time? (e.g., AAPL P/E ratio by quarter for the last 5 years)

BigJohn said:

No pity here, maybe a bit of advice. First, welcome to the world of trading options. Second, you more than doubled your money. Third, maybe consider buying two options in the future. It’s not unusual for them to double in value and if you can get in the habit of selling half to get your cost basis to zero, then the fear goes away. Letting that other option ride is way easier. Fourth, you more than doubled your money. 

No pity here, maybe a bit of advice. First, welcome to the world of trading options. Second, you more than doubled your money. Third, maybe consider buying two options in the future. It’s not unusual for them to double in value and if you can get in the habit of selling half to get your cost basis to zero, then the fear goes away. Letting that other option ride is way easier. Fourth, you more than doubled your money. 
Explain options to a newb

Users who are viewing this thread