What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (13 Viewers)

That value shopping didn't last long.  Both down double digit %.  I had a buy limit set on DPHCU at $25 that didn't hit.  
It was fast. I saw 10% down and then clicked on it and it was already back over $23. Not sure I want more. It’s still risky and I started with 100 and added 100 at high $18s.

It was fast. I saw 10% down and then clicked on it and it was already back over $23. Not sure I want more. It’s still risky and I started with 100 and added 100 at high $18s.
Same here, I do feel comfortable with what I have in DPHC (short term play).  I wasn't going to change my limit on DPHCU (long term play).  It was only to add 30 more shares.     

Last edited by a moderator:
Market seems to be shrugging off Trump so far, lots of dip buying this AM.  Will be interesting to see what happens as the day goes on if people sell off into the weekend with all of that lingering out there.

Same here, I do feel comfortable with what I have in DPHC (short term play).  I wasn't going to change my limit on DPHCU (long term play).  It was only to add 30 more shares.     
How many shares do you have? I’ve got about a half share (full share I usually invest $8-10k) at 200. Not going to make or break me but enough that if somehow it does catch on in a few years it will be solid. Most of my other SPACs that are pre-merger are all quarter shares. They are more like holding cash since they are barely above the $10 redemption.

Case study on HGEN creating a little pop. It’s lower than Wednesday’s close so just making up for yesterday’s big drop. It’s from a patient a a few months ago, so similar to some of the early anectdotes of the other company just a bit more formal. CYDY used to run opposite the market like that. Up on down days.
Can't really hold its gains.  Seems to run up to 10.50- 11.00 a lot first thing in the morning before retreating below 10, its been a pattern for a couple of weeks now.

edit: as i say this, its starting to run again

Can't really hold its gains.  Seems to run up to 10.50- 11.00 a lot first thing in the morning before retreating below 10, its been a pattern for a couple of weeks now.
Yep, I’ve been watching. If I was a day trader this would be a stock I’d play around in because it’s pretty consistent in terms of the lows in the 9s and ceiling in the high 10s. Problem is that news could jump or bomb it when you aren’t fully paying attention.

How many shares do you have? I’ve got about a half share (full share I usually invest $8-10k) at 200. Not going to make or break me but enough that if somehow it does catch on in a few years it will be solid. Most of my other SPACs that are pre-merger are all quarter shares. They are more like holding cash since they are barely above the $10 redemption.
90 DPHCU, 120 DPHC

So that 90 DPHCU is what, 120 DHPC when you can do the warrant switch because each three is a share and 1/3 of a warrant to turn into a share?
Yes, from how I understand it and why I buy in 3's.  3 shares of DPHCU + $11.50 = 4 DPCH.

Could totally just buy and hold DPHC, but I'm kind of curious to see how the warrant conversion works.  If I hold until then.  I've said that about other W's and bailed.  I may take a little hit if TD adds any additional fees as I'm not totally clear on what they will charge.  

Yes, from how I understand it and why I buy in 3's.  3 shares of DPHCU + $11.50 = 4 DPCH.

Could totally just buy and hold DPHC, but I'm kind of curious to see how the warrant conversion works.  If I hold until then.  I've said that about other W's and bailed.  I may take a little hit if TD adds any additional fees as I'm not totally clear on what they will charge.  
All my SPACs are in my IRA, except FMCI and OPES which arent warrants, and I did buy one or two pre-warrant split (I think) so at least I don’t have to weepy about weird tax stuff. Let me know about the fees. I think Bass said Fidelity doesn’t charge anything on the conversion or something like that.

Still waiting for those IPOs to start trading.

ASO looks like it might open around $14.25, up from $13 IPO price
Nice. They actually lowered the price before the IPO. I think the range was 15-17 or 15-16. Not a great sign but lowing could creat more of a pop. I’m just looking for a net positive for the 15 days I have to hold or lose the chance to participate.

I’m sure it won’t matter but I’m hoping that if I participate enough that somehow my hidden rating (may not exist) will somehow get me playing time for something like the next SNOW. LSF has me nicely up and PTVE is a dog I’ll sell soon. Just want net+ for these two and anything else is gravy for the next one.

Welp, now indication has dropped to around $13.  I think you are correct that by staying active in all the IPOs you are more likely to get some shares of ones with more demand.  (Now $12.33)  🤢
No worries, it’s a place to park cash. Even the PTVE dog still has me up $1600 total with LSF on money that would likely be sitting in cash.

ETA: Looks like both opened and I’m up $90. Like a nice money market return on the cash. That’s all I wanted to hopefully keep getting shares.

Oh yeah, squeeze those MFers hard!
I like this combination of "fire in the belly" stating an intention to vanquish naysayers along with the "head down, just do the work" attitude displayed in the last bolded comment below.

“They say that we have no viable technology or product. As simple as that,” he said in a phone interview. “We’re going to present to the world, publicly, live, everything that will simply crush all these baseless things.”

Nano-X Plans to Disprove Short Sellers, ‘Crush’ Allegations

Nano-X Imaging Ltd.’s shares soared 35% Friday after the company confirmed plans for a live demonstration of its medical imaging technology, with Chief Executive Officer Ran Poliakine saying the presentation will “crush” allegations from short sellers.

The stock has been hammered in recent weeks amid pressure from short-seller reports. Last week, Muddy Waters named the company a short, claiming it has “no real product to sell other than its stock.” That report followed on the heels after Citron’s negative call on the company and set a $0 price target.

Poliakine plans to show the Nanox ARC system in action at the Radiological Society of North America conference in Chicago, which runs Nov. 29 to Dec. 5. The presentation will stream live globally and feature distribution partners and radiologists.

The CEO first revealed plans for the demonstration on Thursday to Bloomberg News, sending shares up about 2% before soaring 28% in postmarket trading, when the company officially announced it would attend the conference.

Nano-X’s stock has been on a roller coaster ride since its debut over the summer. Shares soared 257% from its IPO price of $18 in August to a high of $64.19 on Sept. 11, but have plummeted about 50% since then amid pressure from short-seller reports. Meanwhile, short interest reached a peak of 12.4% of its float on Monday before falling to 9.4% on Friday, according to data from S3 Partners.

Poliakine spoke with a Bloomberg reporter Thursday and slammed the short seller reports and said the demonstration will serve as vindication.

“They say that we have no viable technology or product. As simple as that,” he said in a phone interview. “We’re going to present to the world, publicly, live, everything that will simply crush all these baseless things.”

Nano-X has its share of defenders, too. On Sept. 15, Oppenheimer initiated the company at perform, saying it “represents a potentially disruptive play in the medical diagnostics and industrial screening sector.” Meanwhile, Cantor set a price target implying almost three-fold in returns on Thursday’s closing price. That came the same day that Citron published a report where it called the company a “complete farce on the market.”

Chief among Citron’s claims was that Nano-X “could not get the most simple of FDA clearance.”

Nano-X submitted its 510(K) application to the FDA in January, but in March it received a request for additional information and data. Poliakine said the company plans to submit the additional application this year and still believes it will gain regulatory clearance in all territories it has contracts with by the first half of 2021, in time to ship 1,000 units before the end of that year.

Chief Financial Officer Itzhak Maayan said in the same phone interview on Thursday that he takes the short allegations “very seriously,” but that Nano-X has the full support of strategic partners such as FoxConn and SK Telecom to reach the greater goal of deploying 15,000 units by 2024.

“Over the longterm, the only way to produce value to our shareholders is by executing and deploying 15,000 units on a global basis,Maayan said. “And what they would like to hear from us, and this is what we’re assuring them, is that we are not being distracted by this noise.”

UVXY opened sharply up, of course, but has slid backwards since. If it gives up all of today's spike, I will pick up some at the close.

Added another share of Amazon.  80% of my portfolio is green but Amazon is dragging it red.

Sold some BEEM on the pop.  Flipped some NRGU for a 10% profit.

BTIG with a report out today on BEEM, reiterates price target of $25.

What You Should Know:

We hosted investor meetings with management over the last two weeks, following our initiation (Niche Way To Invest in EV Demand Growth) report in August. Our key takeaways from the calls were 1) BEEM remains well-positioned to win new orders which should allow the company to scale-up production. The delivery of 8 EV ARCs to Electrify America in Fresno on Wednesday continues to prove out the business and positions BEEM as an execution story. The company still has 22 remaining orders with Electrify America that should be delivered over the next few months, 2) the "Sponsorship Opportunity" remains a potential game-changer for the company which has the potential to turbo-charge growth, 3) a lack of EV charging infrastructure whether grid-connected or off-grid (BEEM's solution) needs to be addressed sooner not later as EV demand across the passenger and commercial markets accelerate over the next few years. We reiterate our Buy rating and our $25 PT.

What's the shopping list look like?
Should have been more FVRR (only bought 30 at $122), but stocks like PINS, SE (I know), CHWY, TDOC (have some LVGO already), RGEN and honestly a bunch more. I should have bought these a while ago while nibbling at other stuff but just looking for a drop of it occurs in any of them. Not sure how much of my cash I want to use at this point. Always good to have enough just in case. Today’s not a big dip. If it weren’t for AMZN, I think I’d be even or up.

I like this combination of "fire in the belly" stating an intention to vanquish naysayers along with the "head down, just do the work" attitude displayed in the last bolded comment below.

Holy cow, up almost 60% today. I’ve had some 40% pops before and I’ve never bought one of those scam stocks, so I’m pretty sure this is my biggest one day % gain on a stock.

Hopefully there is another pullback because I sold everything today on the pop for a small gain and would like to get in at a better number.
Hard not to take a profit on this one as it's been a bit herky jerky but of all the stocks I own (outside of NIKE) this is the one I have the most faith in long term.  Their CEO is dynamite and I think he will be taking this company to higher highs.  

Looks like Romeo Power (batteries) the target for RMG spac for all my spac bretheren.  Market seems to approve @BassNBrew @stbugs
Too many to keep track of but man there are so many EV suppliers or EV makers that it’s hard to keep track of now. Also, according to this snippet from the press release, I’m OK not owning it:

Representatives for Vernon, California-based Romeo declined to comment. Representatives for RMG didn’t respond to requests for comment.

Romeo, led by Founder and Chairman Michael Patterson and Chief Executive Officer Lionel Selwood Jr., supplies batteries to electric vehicle maker Nikola Corp., the Financial Times has reported.

What are they actually supplying and in what vehicles? According to the GM hookup with Nikola:

Nikola will be responsible for the sales and marketing of the Badger, but it will be built on GM’s new battery electric truck underpinnings and use GM fuel cell and battery technology. GM also will supply batteries for other Nikola vehicles including heavy trucks.

Again, no thanks on this one.

Anyone else grab Regeneron hoping for a Monday pop if Trump is feeling better? 
That'd be a good strategy.  The stock price absolutely will not fall Monday.  And the price didn't even go up much in after hours trading.  It should be a risk-free bet with a lot of upward potential.

That'd be a good strategy.  The stock price absolutely will not fall Monday.  And the price didn't even go up much in after hours trading.  It should be a risk-free bet with a lot of upward potential.
You jinxed it.  Now we are going to wake up Monday morning to "Trump in critical condition after side effects from Regeneron cocktail".

stbugs said:
Too many to keep track of but man there are so many EV suppliers or EV makers that it’s hard to keep track of now. Also, according to this snippet from the press release, I’m OK not owning it:

Representatives for Vernon, California-based Romeo declined to comment. Representatives for RMG didn’t respond to requests for comment.

Romeo, led by Founder and Chairman Michael Patterson and Chief Executive Officer Lionel Selwood Jr., supplies batteries to electric vehicle maker Nikola Corp., the Financial Times has reported.

What are they actually supplying and in what vehicles? According to the GM hookup with Nikola:

Nikola will be responsible for the sales and marketing of the Badger, but it will be built on GM’s new battery electric truck underpinnings and use GM fuel cell and battery technology. GM also will supply batteries for other Nikola vehicles including heavy trucks.

Again, no thanks on this one.
As I understand it they do the batteries for the Nikola Tre (Nikola's European semi) and GM will do the batteries for the American vehicles. 

There isn't a ton of info out there about the company but their co-founder and CEO is ex-lead designer of the batteries for SpaceX so I guess that's something.

I mainly grabbed it because the market started buying on the announcement and typically the SPACs that have done well are the ones that moved a couple bucks as soon as the merger was announced.

stbugs said:
DPHC

In with you guys but at $25 a share.  500 shares.

I have reason to believe the Sony PS launch may not go as smoothly as hoped. 

Grabbed a couple NOV 20 Puts @ $75 strike on Tuesday. They popped 40% yesterday so I couldn't resist cashing in. 

That said I am going to follow and jump back in if the price gets back down. 

I have reason to believe the Sony PS launch may not go as smoothly as hoped. 

Grabbed a couple NOV 20 Puts @ $75 strike on Tuesday. They popped 40% yesterday so I couldn't resist cashing in. 

That said I am going to follow and jump back in if the price gets back down. 
That wouldn’t be good for them with the new Xbox coming out for the Christmas season. Any reason? Trying to hit the Christmas season but way behind or a technical issue. Assume it would be a huge plus for Microsoft if they couldn’t make it ready for Christmas. 

That wouldn’t be good for them with the new Xbox coming out for the Christmas season. Any reason? Trying to hit the Christmas season but way behind or a technical issue. Assume it would be a huge plus for Microsoft if they couldn’t make it ready for Christmas. 
Without going overboard with info... it's a very challenging time for logistics in this country right now :unsure:  

As I understand it they do the batteries for the Nikola Tre (Nikola's European semi) and GM will do the batteries for the American vehicles. 

There isn't a ton of info out there about the company but their co-founder and CEO is ex-lead designer of the batteries for SpaceX so I guess that's something.

I mainly grabbed it because the market started buying on the announcement and typically the SPACs that have done well are the ones that moved a couple bucks as soon as the merger was announced.
I don’t think they do anything yet. Is Nikola close to a product launch?  Weren’t they the company with the $38,000 in revenue which was the owner putting solar panels on his roof?

Thanks for the input. Doesn’t give me the warm fuzzies to invest after it’s gone up a little. It’s not like KCAC who’s partnered with. Volkswagen already and has a “different” battery. I don’t own KCAC although it’s at its lowest since the announcement. 

Humanigen is up 25% in premarket trading.  It could be a good sign for all Covid treatement stocks.
Pre-market chart showing $16 around 6:15 ET!?  Seems like every morning I look at HGEN it's high pre-market and at open and then trickles down throughout the day.

Pre-market chart showing $16 around 6:15 ET!?  Seems like every morning I look at HGEN it's high pre-market and at open and then trickles down throughout the day.
After hours is a field of land mines. It’s definitely opening up but I’ve seen stocks have huge premarkets only to lose 80% or more of that jump very quickly. It’ll be interesting to see how long it lasts since you’d think that it could be a bad sign as well. Good in general but bad if a competing product somehow falls in that FDA/Administration friends bucket like Gilead. Why wouldn’t they decide to move up Regeneron’s EUA so close to the election if it helps Donnie? Probably not going to start doing that for everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread