What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (11 Viewers)

Looks like ROKU bounced back up. Pretty nice earnings night outside of AYX (only have 40 shares, might dump them, not a big fan anymore). ALRM, TTD, HUBS, FTCH (BABA partnership), ROKU, APPN and SQ all up nicely.
Positive today due to these even with AYX taking a dump. Luckily I’m up in TTD 3x today what I still own in AYX. Why did I sell any TTD? Ugh, what a day it would have been.

Hope you guys tailed me on CVS.  Beat earnings by 32 cents a share, raised guidance.  Still looking at an 11 p/e even with todays bump.
Wrong thread? I hope you tailed me on TTD. Up 23-24% right now. Carrying me today even with Amazon down almost 2%. TTD basically appears to have completely run through the 700s today. I bought it last May at $176. It's up $157 today. Hot diggity. Too bad I sold some earlier this year because I was worried that I had too much. SMH. Still my #2 holding.

Really tempted to sell some today. Didn't work out for me last time, but just feels like ZM/FSLY when I sold them at the top.

Last edited by a moderator:
ACB up 80% today.  At what point do you guys dump it and take some profit?  I bought in when it hit $5.  

Wrong thread? I hope you tailed me on TTD. Up 23-24% right now. Carrying me today even with Amazon down almost 2%. TTD basically appears to have completely run through the 700s today. I bought it last May at $176. It's up $157 today. Hot diggity. Too bad I sold some earlier this year because I was worried that I had too much. SMH. Still my #2 holding.

Really tempted to sell some today. Didn't work out for me last time, but just feels like ZM/FSLY when I sold them at the top.
Yup....wrong thread.

Two successes: Up 45% on PLTR since 10/27 and up 21% on XIACY since 10/28. The hard part is deciding whether to hold longer term when you believe in both, or flipping for the gains. 

ACB up 80% today.  At what point do you guys dump it and take some profit?  I bought in when it hit $5.  
If you weren’t planning to hold it long term, I’d take the double. It’s running up due to the votes. Whether or not that meaningfully helps them versus other stocks you never know.

I’ll be honest, I tend to hold too long on those quick wins. 100% on a stock you thought was oversold is a nice exit.

If you weren’t planning to hold it long term, I’d take the double. It’s running up due to the votes. Whether or not that meaningfully helps them versus other stocks you never know.

I’ll be honest, I tend to hold too long on those quick wins. 100% on a stock you thought was oversold is a nice exit.
Sold half at about 120%. 

Turned around and bought into another Cannabis stock, APHA.  Just saw they bought Sweet Water Brewing company.  Those are 2 of my favorite things.  

Two successes: Up 45% on PLTR since 10/27 and up 21% on XIACY since 10/28. The hard part is deciding whether to hold longer term when you believe in both, or flipping for the gains. 
If you like them long term just hold on. Too hard IMHO to time it. I’ve had what seems like 4-5+ 10% moves every day since Tuesday. I was nervous about TTD’s run up to earnings yesterday. I’m up a #### ton of $$$s on it today. I made the mistake of banking some profits on it back after it recovered from March. Luckily, I reinvested it but, this year is crazy and I have no idea if it’s the new norm. Not CV but the pure volatility and extreme moves.

Sold half at about 120%. 

Turned around and bought into another Cannabis stock, APHA.  Just saw they bought Sweet Water Brewing company.  Those are 2 of my favorite things.  
Sweet Water sounds familiar. Do they have a bar/brewery in Boston?

Anyone have some ACUIF?  Kind of like the Canadian version of TTD.  It jumped much like TTD did, but is only a $5 pink stock, so room to grow (especially if there is an uplist).  Might add if it settles back a bit after todays jump.

Anyone know why I own LPCN (Lipocine)?  Feels like a @ChiefD suggestion.
Summary

Lipocine is about to report data from its clinical study on whether TLANDO can restore testosterone levels in hypogonadal men without the dose titration requirement on November 9, 2020.

Low baseline testosterone levels result in a higher risk of serious complications or even death in patients with COVID-19 infection.

Testosterone replacement treatment using TLANDO might save plenty of lives of elderly men who are infected with COVID-19 infection.

In our follow up article on Lipocine Inc. (LPCN), we will focus on the potential opportunity of its oral testosterone replacement treatment under the brand name TLANDO for patients infected with the COVID-19. Our bullish thesis has been built around the fact that TLANDO might be used as a testosterone replacement treatment in COVID-19 patients, which are dealing with low testosterone baseline levels. If such COVID-19 patients do not receive any kind of testosterone replacement treatments then they face a higher risk of serious complications or even mortality during the clinical course of the disease. There are also other available TRT options on the market, but they require a lengthy titration process and some of them also come with black box warnings. Therefore, if TLANDO receives a green light during the upcoming PDUFA event or if it gets approved for the testosterone-related treatment of the COVID-19 patients in the near future then the company has an enormous commercial opportunity. In that case, we anticipate a double-digit or even a triple-digit increase in the stock price given that the stock has now only a market cap of approximately $78.8 million.
Big news on Monday.  Get in now.

Trimmed all my APPN in my IRA and sold 30 TTD in my IRA so I’m balanced with taxable. Still have half my APPN in taxable account but price to sales is too rich. I was thinking about selling more TTD but I think it’s got better short term potential. I was up almost 400% on TTD and a little over 100% on APPN.

Glad I didn’t trim those earlier when I sold my ZM. I thought about it but they both ran up a bunch from there.

Still feeling like I need to trim more and build up more cash but what a week. So many 10%+ pops.

Waiting for @Whyatt to check in but it seems like Cytodyn may be doing better in their phase 3 trial than HGEN is.

Cytodyn has not been asked to make any modifications to their trial, am assuming this is good news.  Meanwhile HGEN has already been advised to change their endpoint, which they did and now they are being told that the trial needs to be a bigger size than planned. All this to help them achieve their endpoint.

I really hope both of these are approved so not rooting for over another but just looking at this objectively, it seems like Cytodyn may have gone ahead here.

Waiting for @Whyatt to check in but it seems like Cytodyn may be doing better in their phase 3 trial than HGEN is.

Cytodyn has not been asked to make any modifications to their trial, am assuming this is good news.  Meanwhile HGEN has already been advised to change their endpoint, which they did and now they are being told that the trial needs to be a bigger size than planned. All this to help them achieve their endpoint.

I really hope both of these are approved so not rooting for over another but just looking at this objectively, it seems like Cytodyn may have gone ahead here.
I understand how someone can come to the conclusion that HGEN’s trial is not going well. If you’re interested in Humanigen’s explanation of the reasons the trial count grew, check out the webcast from this morning on their website, their CSO does a good job with that. The other endpoint change was made months ago and was a good strategy to match Remdesivir’s path to approval.

My honest opinion, I think today’s announcements from Humanigen is very positive. OWS officials have seen unblinded trial data, and as announced, the US government is going to throw their full support to commercialize Lenzilumab. This is an incredible benefit, a great place to be, and exactly where Remdesivir was sitting back in March and April. Jump to the front of the line, EUA in 5 days after applying, etc.

Making the announcements today was also God’s work, despite my buddy AF’s opinion. These clinical trials have been slow to fill for small companies. The credibility today’s announcements will bring should help enrollment immensely. 

And yes I bought another 3000 shares today.

I understand how someone can come to the conclusion that HGEN’s trial is not going well. If you’re interested in Humanigen’s explanation of the reasons the trial count grew, check out the webcast from this morning on their website, their CSO does a good job with that. The other endpoint change was made months ago and was a good strategy to match Remdesivir’s path to approval.

My honest opinion, I think today’s announcements from Humanigen is very positive. OWS officials have seen unblinded trial data, and as announced, the US government is going to throw their full support to commercialize Lenzilumab. This is an incredible benefit, a great place to be, and exactly where Remdesivir was sitting back in March and April. Jump to the front of the line, EUA in 5 days after applying, etc.

Making the announcements today was also God’s work, despite my buddy AF’s opinion. These clinical trials have been slow to fill for small companies. The credibility today’s announcements will bring should help enrollment immensely. 

And yes I bought another 3000 shares today.
I'll definitely watch the webcast.

The government being behind Lenzilumab is the best thing they have going for them.  They are going to be afforded every opportunity to pass.

Weird day though for them though, definitely not a confidence booster.  They are further out from trial completion now and we have to hope that adding more patients does dial in the efficacy.

It is interesting that they extrapolated the data themselves and published it to the public.  If NP had done that, he would have been absolutely skewered.  If nothing else, an odd change of direction for HGEN as they had been the anti pump so far but you can't call that anything but a pump.

The HGEN thing is bugging me, took a little time to fully process it.

I think its safe to say they were complete and were about to fail the trial.  I'm glad they are being given an opportunity to hit the number still but there is no painting this in a positive light. Sorry @whyatt, your bias came through here.

I would expect it to be a rather big day. 
Why? I have no clue when futures are “active” but it looked flat and Biden was all but a formality. Do you think the final news makes it pop? I’d think the market would be a little less happy about the Senate still being up in the air.

Why? I have no clue when futures are “active” but it looked flat and Biden was all but a formality. Do you think the final news makes it pop? I’d think the market would be a little less happy about the Senate still being up in the air.
Fwiw futures don't open until tonight.

I have researched the heck out of some really interesting stocks I have added to my master portfolio in the past 2 weeks.

Will post here tomorrow. 

This is the time of year we are doing annual reviews, gameplans for 2021, market outlooks, portfolio positioning and rebalancing, tax harvesting and profit taking. 

Market likes certainty and all of Trump’s stupid sparring with China will be removed. I’ll grant that the senate race thing could be a spur in the saddle but I think we will see a pop. 

Todem said:
I have researched the heck out of some really interesting stocks I have added to my master portfolio in the past 2 weeks.

Will post here tomorrow. 

This is the time of year we are doing annual reviews, gameplans for 2021, market outlooks, portfolio positioning and rebalancing, tax harvesting and profit taking. 
Sweet. I have a hard time selling but tech stocks are really pricey. Luckily got in way cheaper on most but still. I’ve been trimming the last few weeks and the first two were really smart moves so far.

I calculated my return this year on my 3 biggest accounts (non-401k) and I’m at around 90% YTD. I don’t want to take the foot off the gas but really feeling like protecting that return and maybe getting a wee bit more conservative knowing that’s an impossible mark to repeat over the next 5-10.

Sweet. I have a hard time selling but tech stocks are really pricey. Luckily got in way cheaper on most but still. I’ve been trimming the last few weeks and the first two were really smart moves so far.

I calculated my return this year on my 3 biggest accounts (non-401k) and I’m at around 90% YTD. I don’t want to take the foot off the gas but really feeling like protecting that return and maybe getting a wee bit more conservative knowing that’s an impossible mark to repeat over the next 5-10.
Sheesh.  Here I am scraping by with 9% and being ok with it. 

Sheesh.  Here I am scraping by with 9% and being ok with it. 
I’ll be the first to say I got lucky with timing and the stocks I picked. I only wish I had started earlier than last year to really invest in individual stocks. Would have had a similar return from 2018 to 2019 and might have retired this year. At the point I can make more than I do now with a good year (say 8-10%), then it’s probably a good time to hang it up and let the wife bankroll us. Really hoping that can be 5 years from now. Won’t be mad if it comes earlier. 

I kept meaning to load up on pot stocks and never did.  Now tricky whether buying the top or just getting started on this run.

I didn't jump into solars after they ran up a few days when the polls shifted really heavily to Biden a few weeks ago, and they just kept running for another 2 weeks.

I kept meaning to load up on pot stocks and never did.  Now tricky whether buying the top or just getting started on this run.

I didn't jump into solars after they ran up a few days when the polls shifted really heavily to Biden a few weeks ago, and they just kept running for another 2 weeks.
I'm in MJ, a pot ETF.  Boring, but in at $11.44 and not selling.

Is Cresco Labs worth a buy?
There’s likely some momentum left but I think there will be a drop back. It’s a matter of when. I was interested since the vote to legalize in a few more states but looking at this article:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/2020-elections-marijuana-on-the-ballot-in-these-5-states-173753954.html 

Weed was already legal in most every state. Does that handful of states really improve weed stocks enough to double or more in a couple days? Getting in Wednesday after the vote was very smart. No clue how long it continues but the rally does smell like a RH/retail investor type FOMO rally. Those do end, just no idea when.

Users who are viewing this thread