Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

41 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Seeing as how you didn’t tell me you liked them so much back in October, would you think an entry now is smart or maybe wait for a bit of pull back? Seems like there will likely be one just based on the run up.

I'd wait for a pull back. Might be a decent one just based on Soros. 

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fantasycurse42

• BassNBrew

• stbugs

• St. Louis Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First reference.  Brings a tear to my eye. $CYDY #notselling

I cashed out an underperforming account at ETrade about a year ago and the cash (about $950) just sat there as I had dulled on trading.  My cousin's wife Laura, who I was really close to, then di

"I know, dear, but I'm trusting Chet on this one. Yes, Chet. From the internet. "

16 hours ago, Bamboo Bill said:

Anyone ever use https://www.thinknum.com/ for research?  Pretty cool site.

Thanks for sharing.  Curious what other places (besides our fine thread) people go to read up and get stock ideas?  I've been reading Stock Gumshoe recently and enjoy their posts and the conversations in the comments.

11 hours ago, stbugs said:

@BassNBrew How did we miss the CIIC SPAC and the news yesterday of the merger? The merger with an EV bus/van company (Arrival from UK) was announced yesterday and the stock moved a few percent. Today it was 23% up and another 22% AHs. Damn, that was ripe for the pickings yesterday.

I haven't been following the SPAC news recently.  I now recently own Shift, Paya, Telmed, Advantage Solutions, that I'm trying to figure out what to do with.

5 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Tattoo Chef down 6% today.  I'm starting to add back the shares I've sold off.

Yeah, if this was in my IRA, I would have sold mid 20s but I don’t get the drops. Their last quarter was solid. It’s weird but the pre-announcement almost hurt them because they went up on that. When they came out with the official numbers a couple weeks later (makes sense to be the same), they dropped.

I know people like to say the market acts rationally, but it doesn’t. Look at TSLA. They never really went down after they didn’t make the S&P due to the split news. They then went up again when they actually got in the S&P. That stock would scare me. So much non-fundamental stuff in the stock price. Their Chinese competitors appear to be doing well and there’s a dozen more competitors coming live soon. I mean cool for the MS analyst to act like EVs are some sort of platform rather than cars and trucks, but if in 10 years all new cars and trucks are EVs, what makes Tesla special?

8 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

I haven't been following the SPAC news recently.  I now recently own Shift, Paya, Telmed, Advantage Solutions, that I'm trying to figure out what to do with.

I’m just a bit disappointed that you didn’t know about it! When I looked I realized what an easy win it was. The actual announcement on Tuesday morning got barely a blip. Up almost 70% yesterday and today.

I have noticed PSTH seemingly on the move up so I wonder if rumors are swirling. I still have a bunch of those SPACs but no idea when they will be announcing. Heck, some of them may have already and got no bump. 

Edited by stbugs
On 8/11/2020 at 1:18 PM, JAA said:
On 7/22/2020 at 10:36 AM, eaganwildcats said:
On 7/22/2020 at 9:26 AM, I-ROK said:

Anyone here invest in cannabis stocks? Which ones?

Remain a fan of $AYRSF

I bought based on this recommendation.

Great news today on the Nevada settlement.  Lets keep the train moving.

I increased my position on AYRSF by 4x yesterday.  They look like a long term player in the bud business.  When I think about marijuana in the US, it is only going to grow (ha ha).  Will it make it to big tobacco levels?  No chance really, but the market is still fledgling and prolly 5-10 years away from saturation.  Im in long on them with the expectation of them being one of the big players.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Dwayne Hoover said:

Start of RIDE pullback, would not be surprised to see this in low 20s soon, if not the teens

Wouldn’t mind since I sold everything already. I’d buy back in lower. 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, stbugs said:
45 minutes ago, Dwayne Hoover said:

Start of RIDE pullback, would not be surprised to see this in low 20s soon, if not the teens

Wouldn’t mind since I sold everything already. I’d buy back in lower. 

Just set a trailing stop loss to sell some if it drops to protect at least a double, and will free roll the rest.  And agree, might buy back in if drops far enough.

Edited by SFBayDuck
2 hours ago, BroadwayG said:

Can someone tell Amazon that stonks go up? TIA.

Riding high on MRO, DKNG, and SE the past couple weeks. Last time I felt this good was about June 8th.

No joke.  Amazon getting it's #### kicked by department stores, Big Oil, tech, grocery stores, utilities, and even cruise ships.  That Bezos fool needs to stop playing and get back to work.

11 hours ago, JAA said:

I increased my position on AYRSF by 4x yesterday.  They look like a long term player in the bud business.  When I think about marijuana in the US, it is only going to grow (ha ha).  Will it make it to big tobacco levels?  No chance really, but the market is still fledgling and prolly 5-10 years away from saturation.  Im in long on them with the expectation of them being one of the big players.

Love it. They continue to impress. Just waiting for the multiple expansion on MSOs and we’ll be sitting pretty. 10% position for me so probably won’t be adding unless some other things do well. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

No joke.  Amazon getting it's #### kicked by department stores, Big Oil, tech, grocery stores, utilities, and even cruise ships.  That Bezos fool needs to stop playing and get back to work.

Um, you are stepping over a fine line there mister. I mean being upset at a 70% return for the year? How’s everything else you listed (aside from tech where Amazon lives) doing for the year? Bad mouth Bezos again and we’re going to have a problem.

• Laughing 1
1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Um, you are stepping over a fine line there mister. I mean being upset at a 70% return for the year? How’s everything else you listed (aside from tech where Amazon lives) doing for the year? Bad mouth Bezos again and we’re going to have a problem.

What have you done for me lately?

Past performance isn't representative of future performance.

70%...big deal...I made that in bathing in Bloomin sauce in three months.  You could have sold your Amazon and bought Nordstrom at $12 a month ago and be up about that amount and then bought your Amazon back off the sale rack.  Elon scoffs at your pathetic 70% chump change.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1
9 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

What have you done for me lately?

Past performance isn't representative of future performance.

70%...big deal...I made that in bathing in Bloomin sauce in three months.  You could have sold your Amazon and bought Nordstrom at $12 a month ago and be up about that amount and then bought your Amazon back off the sale rack.  Elon scoffs at your pathetic 70% chump change.

What has amazon done for me lately? Along with some other stocks it’s almost doubled my net worth this year for one. I’ll take it. 

12 minutes ago, Capella said:

What has amazon done for me lately? Along with some other stocks it’s almost doubled my net worth this year for one. I’ll take it. 

The 49ers were good once upon a time this year also. I’d rather Own the Bucs right now

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

The 49ers were good once upon a time this year also. I’d rather Own the Bucs right now

If you're holding for/through the playoffs, sure. If you're trading them 12 times between now and the end of their next two against  the Rams and Chiefs, maybe not so much. And if EOY is your measuring stick, AMZN is still the Steelers.

No, they might not win the SB, but they're not going to take an ETHE on your lawn either.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Capella said:

Was it this thread @General Malaise and I were talking about the cruise lines? I read last night that Norwegian has a 100k signed up for a test cruise run when they can send it out. Those things are going to be a buy at some point. 

They might be, but it won't be me buying 'em and it certainly will NEVER be me riding on a floating petri dish again in my lifetime.  

30 minutes ago, Sideshow Bob said:

If you're holding for/through the playoffs, sure. If you're trading them 12 times between now and the end of their next two against  the Rams and Chiefs, maybe not so much. And if EOY is your measuring stick, AMZN is still the Steelers.

No, they might not win the SB, but they're not going to take an ETHE on your lawn either.

Low blow buddy.  That's the only thing I still own that's produced worse than Amazon the last little bit.

7 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

They might be, but it won't be me buying 'em and it certainly will NEVER be me riding on a floating petri dish again in my lifetime.  

Haha not buying because you hate the idea of cruising or just don’t think the stock is worth it? 

1 minute ago, BassNBrew said:

Adios Etsy, thanks for showing Bezos how it's done.

Banner couple of days for this guy. Seems like that rotation out came roaring back in. Wish I hadn’t trimmed APPN, rocket ship. One of my underperformers that turned on a dime and has blown up lately. I trimmed some that already doubled but it’s up another 30%.

For Amazon, you are just going to have to wait a bit for the Q4 numbers which with the new closures is likely to be ridiculous.

I think Bezos dropped them mike a while ago taking a $1.50 a share stock (after splits) to over $3000. He can do anything he wants as far as I’m concerned.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Capella said:

Haha not buying because you hate the idea of cruising or just don’t think the stock is worth it? 

I don't hate the IDEA of cruising.  I've been on a cruise.  I hated it.  I hate cruising.  

But the stock offers me what exactly?  A potential for the return to glory days?  I don't get a dividend to hold it, so I'm buying it just in hopes that people flock back to cruises and the stock price returns to levels pre-pandemic.  I'm not saying that WON'T happen - it probably will - but when?  In the meantime, I'd rather put my money to work in stocks that I believe have near term catalysts not already embedded in the stock, companies with growth potential not yet realized or companies that will pay me 5% just to hold their stock and bounce in a narrow trading range.  

I rarely if ever play transport stocks, I have dabbled in oil and gas and only been burned and I generally avoid cyclicals.  If you think cruise lines are coming back in the wake of a vaccine, then you are absolutely right, this is a great entry point.  I have no doubt that there are many many people who miss cruising and are champing at the bit to go on one.  Not the way I'd prefer to spend my vacation dollars, but then again, I don't quite understand myriad things that are popular with the people on our planet.  Looking at you, action figure movies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
43 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Good little day for BEEM! 

Congrats on this call.  I sold too early and I hate looking at this thing now, lol.  You can't go broke taking a profit and all that, but doubling my money would have been better.

3 minutes ago, Steeler said:

Congrats on this call.  I sold too early and I hate looking at this thing now, lol.  You can't go broke taking a profit and all that, but doubling my money would have been better.

Bingo.

I'd sell some here, but I can't.  Firm selling some today, so I'm restricted.  But yeah, I'm up 123% on this thing and would advise myself to unload some if I didn't want to keep my job. ;)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Whoa, man, just whoa.  Let's not go crazy here.  Own a proven winner (Saints, obviously), not those chumps.

On the SPAC subject, for IPOC-IPOF (of which I own them all), what's the deal with the warrants portion?  For 3 of those I own the units which include some warrants, but I don't know if I want to split those off or let them ride as units, etc.  I haven't found much out there on what the warrants entail to know if I should eff with it.

13 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Jesus, it's FLYING now.  

Amazing. Anything EV related is hot. Reminds me of crypto and search engines. If you can make the easy money do it because 95% of these companies will be worthless in 5 years.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Kao-Lin said:

Whoa, man, just whoa.  Let's not go crazy here.  Own a proven winner (Saints, obviously), not those chumps.

On the SPAC subject, for IPOC-IPOF (of which I own them all), what's the deal with the warrants portion?  For 3 of those I own the units which include some warrants, but I don't know if I want to split those off or let them ride as units, etc.  I haven't found much out there on what the warrants entail to know if I should eff with it.

I treat the warrants like an imbedded call option.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Have to think Robinhood or whatever is getting into these.  

100%. Things like this happen all the time, just on an every other week timeframe this year. I mean, I’d bet if you totaled up all the current car companies market caps including Tesla, you could probably match that with the 15 Chinese EV companies and all these ancillary companies. I mean I read about one company making three wheeler units that went up 60% this week. Crazy.

31 minutes ago, stbugs said:

100%. Things like this happen all the time, just on an every other week timeframe this year. I mean, I’d bet if you totaled up all the current car companies market caps including Tesla, you could probably match that with the 15 Chinese EV companies and all these ancillary companies. I mean I read about one company making three wheeler units that went up 60% this week. Crazy.

I do have to say, though, that the new Mustang EV commercial they ran last night during the TNF game was pretty baddasssssss....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Desert_Power said:

I treat the warrants like an imbedded call option.

Agreed. So the IOPD.U has 1/4 of a warrant at I think @11.50. So if you own 4 shares, you'll get a 5th for $11.50 at some point. If you think it ends up above $11.50, it makes sense to hold. Not sure of the timing though.