Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

RLFTF announced a dilution of 200 million shares is coming.  Swiss Market is trading at .335 chf.  That is .369 usd.  RLFTF closed at .4515 usd on Friday in the US Market.

https://relieftherapeutics.com/newsblog/relief-announces-notice-of-extraordinary-general-meeting-of-relief-therapeutics-holding-ag

Edited by Don Hutson
  • Replies 57.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fantasycurse42

• BassNBrew

• stbugs

• cosjobs

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

First reference.  Brings a tear to my eye. $CYDY #notselling

21 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Seems like a great time to add some GOLD 

Man, I’ve got some cash to use (10-15%ish), but I’m very nervous. I’m glad I wasn’t one of those go to full cash guys because even a tech heavy guy like me is at ATHs, but that worry has grown a lot. There’s a ton of #### that isn’t a good company/future stock that are on fire. Still a gigantic disconnect between real world economy and stocks.

That said, a few things I am watching for long term. One popped 10% this morning on news so a little pissed I waited too long on that. 

7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Man, I’ve got some cash to use (10-15%ish), but I’m very nervous. I’m glad I wasn’t one of those go to full cash guys because even a tech heavy guy like me is at ATHs, but that worry has grown a lot. There’s a ton of #### that isn’t a good company/future stock that are on fire. Still a gigantic disconnect between real world economy and stocks.

That said, a few things I am watching for long term. One popped 10% this morning on news so a little pissed I waited too long on that. 

I'm about 33% cash in my brokerage account now.  My recent buys were in ETFs.  Started a position in MOON.  Added to IPAY, FIVG and LRNZ.  

For you BEEM'ers, has anyone been tracking their institutional holdings?  I see they're around 25% now.  Not sure where to go to look at this data and wondering if the rise is more institutional or retail buying.  Market cap of only $226.9M.  If they're legit, seems like a lot of potential growth yet.  

35 minutes ago, Sideshow Bob said:

Lucky sum#####

No kidding. Funny that his firm was selling last week. The P/S is now around 60, which is very high especially since revenue is actually down 2018 to 2019 and 2019 to 2020. Tulips are getting pricy in EV world.

33 minutes ago, Capella said:

Amazon starting off every day super green and then immediately descending into red has to be frustrating for the day traders. 

I’d think consistent daily patterns would be a day traders dream scenario.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, KGB said:

SO, 

As of TODAY.  What's your best pick for next 12 months?

I like PLTR for something fairly safe

Actually, Im going in on the open.

Who mentioned PLTR last week?  I was looking for something to replace CSCO and flipped the two out.  Bought a good chunk of PLTR.. Wake up this morning and I think I owe someone a beer.  A nice one. 

• Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, Capella said:

Amazon starting off every day super green and then immediately descending into red has to be frustrating for the day traders. 

Amazon bleeding red has been frustrating for longs. Bezos needs to get divorced again so he’s motivated get something done

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, pmedina said:

Well, sold at 42.43; was down over 30% at one point. Ended up making 7% and didn’t want to get greedy after that turn around. 

I don’t blame you. There’s a ton of pops on all kinds of what I’d consider riskier stocks lately. NNOX has no new news and likely won’t for a while. There’s a demo at a conference coming up and then FDA approval. I got out at $38.60ish which was a nice 25-30% gain.

It really is interesting to understand what is driving these stocks. The number of parabolic 1 month charts is staggering. I’d bet that EV stocks are now easily worth more than all the existing car companies combined. There’s kind of a thinking that EVs are this special thing and I’m not quite getting that. If every car made by GM, Ford, Toyota, Honda, etc. made becomes an EV in 2030, how is the car market different? I can see how the energy companies are going to be vastly altered but are people going to buy twice as many cars? Seems like it might not be the best thing for car companies as I’d suspect cars would last a good deal longer and battery prices would come down and make it easy to make your car new again.

Heck Hydrogen stocks are through the roof as well on nothing really changing there. Which is it, EV or hydrogen?

I don’t know the future but I’m not quite understanding the parabolic nature of stocks now. Is it retail/RH investors just trading the crap out of stuff? It’s pretty remarkable and some days I wish I was a day trader but the frothiness is getting very worrisome to me again.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

This is nuts!

Insane, I'm up 178% now.  It's currently one of my top 4 holdings in my Roth/trading account, despite (unfortunately) only taking a half a position when I bought it .

I put a trailing stop loss to pull out my initial investment and free roll the rest, and it's gone up another 11 points today since then!  Just altered that with this continued pop to hold on to more shares.

Edited by SFBayDuck
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Weed stocks running up on Trump kinda sorta conceding on Twitter.

Loaded up a bit of MJ and CGC in case they gap up in the AM.

No idea why but I bought some TLRY just for the day. I’m a glutton for punishment. Let’s go FOMO.

I am laughing still at the EV stuff. Both in a crying way due to missing it. I wanted in on XPEV IPO and was going to buy some below IPO to spite them for not giving me shares, but of course didn’t. And in a there was one stock about EV scooters and go karts. I mean how many years has Razor been around? I’ve still got one of my kids electric scooters. That business was already EV 15 years ago.

I can’t wait until the first LK in Chinese EVs. Even stocks like DPW can quadruple by saying a subsidiary wants to put chargers in fast food restaurants. WTF kind of dumb business plan is that? Unless it’s a Colorado In and Out, isn’t a fast food place literally the last place you’d charge an EV? Gotta love when a simple business plan PR quadruples your stock with declining revenue. Time for a stock offering. I’m betting there will be tons of secondary offerings announced to take advantage of the mania. 

11 minutes ago, eaganwildcats said:

Hey @Whyatt I've been continuing to accumulate $HGEN. Any update on your line of thinking on this one? Let's try to keep it civil in here, folks. Just curious. 

I’ll be honest that he’s the last person to ask. It’s like asking someone who bet big on a game who they think will win, there’s no way to not get a biased answer. I couldn’t even a guess on a good resource. It’s like CYDY. At the end all we had was PRs and Chet. Personally, I wouldn’t be accumulating at all Regeneron just got approval and we now have three positive results on vaccines. The HGEN recommendations were well before any vaccine news. Also, since their trial that is closest to the end is tied to Remdesivir, that’s not going to be helpful with all the bad press tied to that now.

Objectively, I think there’s way more things I’d rather invest in than HGEN. That’s just my opinion and no one else’s. Good luck.

10 minutes ago, beef said:

I really misjudged NRGU and never got back in.  I was expecting this $70 range, but not so soon.  Not going to bet against it though.  

Yeah...I boned this one too.  Good news is I have plenty of MRO, XOM, and WTI which is allowing some participation.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NajehHejan said:

EXPR (the fashion stores Express, mostly in malls) is up bigly the past few days. Still super cheap at around $1.68

Paging @BassNBrew - you think this is a good entry point? Run this POS up to $2 and bail?

I'm going to pass because this cover stuff has me investing scared right now. The malls around here look like an abandoned gold town.  This is the type of stock we should have been finding and profiting on over the sumer (like Nordstrom and Kohl's)

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

I'm going to pass because this cover stuff has me investing scared right now. The malls around here look like an abandoned gold town.  This is the type of stock we should have been finding and profiting on over the sumer (like Nordstrom and Kohl's)

Yeah good point - I went with some calls instead - up 22% so far - fingers crossed

Warren Buffett Hasn't Changed His Investment Philosophy

Mr. Buffett is not a fan of gold as an investment. Here are a few of his comments about the precious metal:

“[Gold] gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility.”

Referring to gold, “it’s a lot better to have a goose that keeps laying eggs than a goose that just sits there and eats insurance and storage and a few things like that.”

“You could take all the gold that’s ever been mined, and it would fill a cube 67 feet in each direction. For what it’s worth at current gold prices, you could buy — not some — all of the farmland in the United States. Plus, you could buy 10 Exxon Mobils (XOM), plus have $1 trillion of walking-around money. Or you could have a big cube of metal. Which would you take? Which is going to produce more value?”

What's interesting about these quotes is that they don't apply to Barrick Gold. Unlike gold, Barrick Gold "keeps laying eggs" in the form of profits and dividends. It doesn't bury the gold in the ground, it sells it to others who bury it in the ground.

And Berkshire Hathaway is happy to collect the dividends from other's foolishness.

Buffet got into GOLD over the summer.  I've been one of the few here not in his fan club.  Divest some JPM at the same time.  Looks like a bad call similar to dumping the airlines in the early summer.  By not in his fan club, I mean that you can likely do better making your own investment decisions.  That said, I will pay attention to what his group is doing because they are obviously smart people with much more insider knowledge than most of us have.  I do like his quotes above.  You can now buy GOLD at a 10-20% discount from Buffet's entry point.  I suspect a mega stimulus deal will send gold prices back up.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Finally got out of RVVTF this morning. Took a few months to get me back in the green so sold for a small profit.  

Trying to get out of these lottery tickets one by one as I learn more about stocks and such.  

Yup, going to put in a trailing stop on this one as it's the first day I've been in the green in months.

ETA:  Or maybe I'm not since Fidelity won't let me do it for an OTC/Pink sheets stock.  Hmmmmm.....

Edited by SFBayDuck