What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (16 Viewers)

:hifive:   even the terrible tankers moving today! 
Torn on whether to sell and attempt to buy back later like I've done double digit times on DHT.  Something feels different this time.  I stare at my last remaining share of Nordstrom now up 135% in 2 months (this is how you participate in a bull run Jeffrey) when I sold the most of the rest for a 25% gain or ING or INN (90%) and wonder if now is the time that the tankers return to their historical valuations.  All the P/E's are around 2.5.

How am I doing? The bulk of my buys were from February - July, I've been adding slowly, but really trying hard to just keep adding to these, investing into them longer-term (I'm not a day trader). I've been seeing the benefits of stocks like Boeing, my cost basis is $142.00 for these, and, in general, most of those companies have good reputations and long-term success.

• AAPL: 38 Shares
  • BA: 45 Shares
  • DIS: 47 Shares
  • DKNG: 50 Shares
  • FB: 10 Shares
  • FUBO: 4 Shares
  • GS: 25 Shares
  • SBUX: 11 Shares
  • SNOW: 5 Shares
  • TGT: 25 Shares
  • UAL: 74 Shares
  • UBER 25 Shares
For the week ahead, thoughts upcoming IPO's for:

• DoorDash, (DASH), Transportation, $90.00 - $95.00, IPOs On TheStreet Opinion: NEUTRAL
  • Airbnb, (ABNB), Consumer, $44.00 - $50.00, IPOs On TheStreet Opinion: BUY

Last edited by a moderator:
Any interest in tracking some real life portfolios?  I have a traditional IRA with about $9000 in it. I won’t be adding to it but I’d like to try a couple predefined moves with it in 2021 and see how it matches up against the market. 

• Love
Reactions: KGB
Any interest in tracking some real life portfolios?  I have a traditional IRA with about $9000 in it. I won’t be adding to it but I’d like to try a couple predefined moves with it in 2021 and see how it matches up against the market. 
how old are you, what are your goals?

Anyone remember the name of the newsletter circa 70-80s (may still be around) that was roughly 16 pages an issue and covered everything from investing, retirement, bargain shopping, insurance...pretty much all things finance.  I think it was publish monthly and was on slick paper.

How am I doing? The bulk of my buys were from February - July, I've been adding slowly, but really trying hard to just keep adding to these, investing into them longer-term (I'm not a day trader). I've been seeing the benefits of stocks like Boeing, my cost basis is $142.00 for these, and, in general, most of those companies have good reputations and long-term success.

• AAPL: 38 Shares
  • BA: 45 Shares
  • DIS: 47 Shares
  • DKNG: 50 Shares
  • FB: 10 Shares
  • FUBO: 4 Shares
  • GS: 25 Shares
  • SBUX: 11 Shares
  • SNOW: 5 Shares
  • TGT: 25 Shares
  • UAL: 74 Shares
  • UBER 25 Shares

• DoorDash, (DASH), Transportation, $90.00 - $95.00, IPOs On TheStreet Opinion: NEUTRAL
You've obviously done well and made good money on these buys.  Personally I would be trimming some of these as I not a fan at the current prices.  My measuring stick would be how will it perform compared to amazon once Bezos gets off his lazy but.

I would trim BA by 50%.  

Wouldn't add anymore DIS and suspect you'll see a dip to build your position..

SBUX PE = 130, Amazon = 90.  Just because they are headquartered in the NW, they aren't a tech company.

SNOW, listen to STBUGs.

TGT, I'd look to continue to add on any pullback.

UAL, bank that profit and go find another.  By the time they recover, we'll be in the next recession.

Torn on whether to sell and attempt to buy back later like I've done double digit times on DHT.  Something feels different this time.  I stare at my last remaining share of Nordstrom now up 135% in 2 months (this is how you participate in a bull run Jeffrey) when I sold the most of the rest for a 25% gain or ING or INN (90%) and wonder if now is the time that the tankers return to their historical valuations.  All the P/E's are around 2.5.
Can you let me know when to sell my DHT and buy back?

Gonna have to sell some AMZN for the AIRBNB ipo, hopefully it has an up hour or 2 in that time 🤣

Airbnb is planning its market debut next week, with its shares scheduled to begin trading Dec. 10. On Tuesday, the company said it plans to sell 50 million new shares at an offering price of $44 to $50 a share

I was somewhat excited about DoorDash because I think it is the best offering in that space, but it's financials are not very pretty.

I was somewhat excited about DoorDash because I think it is the best offering in that space, but it's financials are not very pretty.
Buying into DoorDash based on 2020 might be a bad idea. Hopefully, when all this #### is behind us, I don’t see them doing nearly as well. I used them this year when I travelled and didn’t feel like running out (harder if you Uber and it’s not a walkable place). The cost for normal food was ridiculous. Maybe I like food, but if CV is gone, I’m barely ever using it.

Gonna have to sell some AMZN for the AIRBNB ipo, hopefully it has an up hour or 2 in that time 🤣

Airbnb is planning its market debut next week, with its shares scheduled to begin trading Dec. 10. On Tuesday, the company said it plans to sell 50 million new shares at an offering price of $44 to $50 a share
Does your bold mean they upped the number of shares? I hope I get some at the IPO.

Does your bold mean they upped the number of shares? I hope I get some at the IPO.
Only bolded because it was the important part of the post.

Im trying to get in with 300 shares also.  Then buying if it goes down.  

KGB said:
Is no one in pot stocks?

I'm up 40% on MJ and that was a pretty safe bet as its an ETF.
Bought APHA beginning of November at $5.61.  Currently up about 50%, closed at $8.49 Friday.

ConstruxBoy said:
BassNBrew said:
Anyone remember the name of the newsletter circa 70-80s (may still be around) that was roughly 16 pages an issue and covered everything from investing, retirement, bargain shopping, insurance...pretty much all things finance.  I think it was publish monthly and was on slick paper.
The Fish N Suds report?
Answer - Bottom Line

stbugs said:
Buying into DoorDash based on 2020 might be a bad idea. Hopefully, when all this #### is behind us, I don’t see them doing nearly as well. I used them this year when I travelled and didn’t feel like running out (harder if you Uber and it’s not a walkable place). The cost for normal food was ridiculous. Maybe I like food, but if CV is gone, I’m barely ever using it.
Hitting the vendor for 25-30% of the sale is going to sink them especially with the vendor’s margins getting tighter because of skyrocketing costs. 

Hitting the vendor for 25-30% of the sale is going to sink them especially with the vendor’s margins getting tighter because of skyrocketing costs. 
I can't see how most places could afford that unless it was plus business meaning my restaurant was full and I'm picking up a sale I wouldn't capture.

Well, that was a nice timeout. 

Bought some MGNI during that time. Not sure if it’s a long term hold yet but the action has been good. Started a position in $ZBRA, definitely a long term hold.

$CRWD, $DOCU, $SE, $NNOX, $FVRR, $SQ, $ETSY, $U, $PINS 🚀🚀🚀🚀

I can't see how most places could afford that unless it was plus business meaning my restaurant was full and I'm picking up a sale I wouldn't capture.
Even then you are giving that product away in the sense that there’s no profit. When they call me, I start the conversation with 10%. It usually ends quickly. Sure, does McDonalds or Royal Farms care? No. But to a small business it’s a cost I can’t justify. 
Brief thought regarding costs, prior to the pandemic we paid $20/case for 1000 vinyl gloves. It’s now $70. That’s one item out of 300. 

KGB said:
Is no one in pot stocks?

It’s now almost 3% of my retirement assets lol. I’ve trimmed a little but feel like there’s still a long way to go so I’m not going to sell anymore even though I don’t like having that much tied up in the MJ sector lol. 

KGB said:
Is no one in pot stocks?

I've never really known what to invest in here the MJ space and a lot of these stocks have been beat up this year. I do wonder about the companies behind some of these products vs the stores themselves.  Eventually, with more legalization, the companies making real cartridges/edibles may be the way to go.

That's a good writeup from Cantor Fitzgerald on HGEN.  Seems like a few think this has a stock price of $25 or better.  Wish CYDY could get a writeup like this at some point, not that I'm complaining here.

The interesting takeaway is this which also could apply to CYDY.  "There will continue to be a need for drugs like HGEN's lenzilumab for the next two to five years"

I agree with this.  People have been critical because there will be vaccines and other competitors but they only need a slice of the enchilada for their stock price to move nicely.  Same for Cytodyn and I do think Cytodyn has more potential diseases it can treat on top of that.

Not sure how much longer this is going to last but HGEN $10 calls that expire 2/19/21 are still very reasonably priced IMO.They may have some big news in the next 4-6 weeks and at very least the stock price should be moving in the right direction as we approach.

Right now they are only $2.45, think they do go up again tomorrow though.

Since this is a boom or bust play anyway,  feel like options are a good way to go, especially at this price.

That's a good writeup from Cantor Fitzgerald on HGEN.  Seems like a few think this has a stock price of $25 or better.  Wish CYDY could get a writeup like this at some point, not that I'm complaining here.

The interesting takeaway is this which also could apply to CYDY.  "There will continue to be a need for drugs like HGEN's lenzilumab for the next two to five years"

I agree with this.  People have been critical because there will be vaccines and other competitors but they only need a slice of the enchilada for their stock price to move nicely.  Same for Cytodyn and I do think Cytodyn has more potential diseases it can treat on top of that.
I looked at it and I’m pretty surprised that there’s no change in the target given that the original estimate was a couple weeks before the vaccine news. I get that there will still be a need for therapeutics but I am shocked to see sales estimates from before the vaccine news didn’t change at all after the news.

Man, I’m laughing at KODK jumping 70% premarket because the investigation into the government loan was cleared. That said the loan is still on hold and we are now in a vaccine world. The best part is that according to this article:

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/kodak-kodk-covid-loan-probe-120720?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

The main drug for the loan was hydroxychloronique, the drug that has been proven to do absolutely nothing other than be a favorite of Trump and the doctor/pastor who believed in aliens. Now that Biden is president, does this loan have any chance of happening?

The retail investing group is just headline/FOMO driven. Even with this news, sure doesn’t seem like KODK is a good investment let alone quadruple what it was before this loan.

These are around $2.20 right now.  Going to call my shot here and say there will be definitely an opportunity to get out with at least 50% gain before that point.  Could happen soon even.
HGEN $10 2/19/21 calls.  Called my shot here.  Took about 3 weeks but they made a good move today.  Could exit the position up 67% right now but think I'm going to hold for a bigger win.   Feels like this is going to keep moving North.

Also, damn, we got out a little early on LAZR. I’m not going to complain about getting a great return, but one more day! So hard to judge the peaks. I was looking at some of the China EVs. XPEV hit $75, now at $46. The post frothy drops can be pretty steep.

Users who are viewing this thread