What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (10 Viewers)

Also, damn, we got out a little early on LAZR. I’m not going to complain about getting a great return, but one more day! So hard to judge the peaks. I was looking at some of the China EVs. XPEV hit $75, now at $46. The post frothy drops can be pretty steep.
This and SOXL, and actually almost anything else I sold the last week has continued to 🚀.  Oh well

Thank you for GHIV. A good lesson in patience.
Not sure why it's finally moving, but it's nice to see. I own IPOB (for a while, pre-merger around $11) popping today because of the symbol change announcement happening on 12/21. That seemed to kick start LAZR. It makes little sense as that's window dressing, but I almost wonder if retail investors are almost looking at that as if it's an IPO. That would be comical, but it honestly wouldn't shock me. The reason why I wouldn't be shocked at that is because I read some comments/posts about TSLA and its split. Amazing how people thought they were legitimately getting more shares as free money.

Last edited by a moderator:
RIDE is slipping, wouldn't be surprised if this is back in the teens again soon.  I would like to get back into this one but going to wait it out.  Somewhere in the $16-$17 range would be fine.

This and SOXL, and actually almost anything else I sold the last week has continued to 🚀.  Oh well
This year's market is a crazy one. If you keep looking at what you could have gotten, you will drive yourself nuts. Stay the course and look long term! I'd rather be on my rocket from $11.60 to $29.50 than buying in during the $23 to $33 run it went on after the symbol change but still be at risk for a drop. There will be a drop, just not sure how deep. It will be months, maybe a year before you know the true worth of LAZR from actual revenues and earnings.

Spacmania running wild this morning.  Feel like I should be trimming. Tremendous up 40% since I bought it 3 days ago. Flying Eagle flying.  Account up bigley outside the Bezos boat anchor 

I don’t want to take on anymore GoresV already having 2.5%, but the pullback from the open would be a good entry for those with some cash needing a home

That's a good writeup from Cantor Fitzgerald on HGEN.  Seems like a few think this has a stock price of $25 or better.  Wish CYDY could get a writeup like this at some point, not that I'm complaining here.

The interesting takeaway is this which also could apply to CYDY.  "There will continue to be a need for drugs like HGEN's lenzilumab for the next two to five years"

I agree with this.  People have been critical because there will be vaccines and other competitors but they only need a slice of the enchilada for their stock price to move nicely.  Same for Cytodyn and I do think Cytodyn has more potential diseases it can treat on top of that.
Bought some HGEN on the open.

Got it @ 10.25.

Thanks for the tip, guys

BnB is laughing at my weaksauce returns.

In other news, all IPOC-IPOF are seeing a nice green day.  Maybe the SPAC space is heating back up.
SPACs have totally turned around. They were hot as heck for a while this summer and seemed to cool off in September/October but once the EV stuff took off (lots of EV related SPACs), the tide turned. I remember when RIDE and others dropped after the switchover to the permanent symbol, now it’s the opposite.

Two last remaining spacs in my portfolio that haven’t moved much are Gsahu and  Twtcu. I have a lot of hope for the first. As always, I only nibble with a 1/4 position max on my first buy

SPACs have totally turned around. They were hot as heck for a while this summer and seemed to cool off in September/October but once the EV stuff took off (lots of EV related SPACs), the tide turned. I remember when RIDE and others dropped after the switchover to the permanent symbol, now it’s the opposite.
Yeah, hard to get a handle on this

Two last remaining spacs in my portfolio that haven’t moved much are Gsahu and  Twtcu. I have a lot of hope for the first. As always, I only nibble with a 1/4 position max on my first buy
Still have both of those. I think you have a bunch more than me. Definitely was a worthwhile investment. I remember us discussing parking money in SPACs rather than cash and damn it if it wasn’t a heck of  a plan. Almost wish I parked more cash there. I can’t think of any losers, just ones that haven’t moved yet, but throw in the TTCF, LAZR, IPOB, RIDE, PSTH, SNPRU, IPODU and others having a minimum 6% gain all the way to multiple doubles was pretty nice. I did really well and I had less than half the ones that you had. Probably something like an average 20%+ gain and at least half of mine still haven’t even merged. I’m looking forward to PSTH. Hoping that the high cash amount in that can pull in a whale.

Yeah, hard to get a handle on this
Also, don’t try. If you think there is any fundamental process to the current movement then you’ll do the wrong thing. Ride the wave and sell when happy with the return. SPACs and recent IPOs in general have caught the eye of retail investors.

Still have both of those. I think you have a bunch more than me. Definitely was a worthwhile investment. I remember us discussing parking money in SPACs rather than cash and damn it if it wasn’t a heck of  a plan. Almost wish I parked more cash there. I can’t think of any losers, just ones that haven’t moved yet, but throw in the TTCF, LAZR, IPOB, RIDE, PSTH, SNPRU, IPODU and others having a minimum 6% gain all the way to multiple doubles was pretty nice. I did really well and I had less than half the ones that you had. Probably something like an average 20%+ gain and at least half of mine still haven’t even merged. I’m looking forward to PSTH. Hoping that the high cash amount in that can pull in a whale.
It's certainly been a good strategy. I only bought things really near their NAV so a lot have only budged a little bit. LOAK really taking off lately.

Or GRSVU? What's the difference? Don't see either approaching 11 today.
I don’t know how I got it screwed up but just fixed my IPODU, SVACU and TWCTU positions.

To answer your question the U shares of SPACs contain 1 common share and a fraction of a warrant (I’ve seen 1/3, 1/4 and 1/6). That warrant allows you to buy a share at a set price, which obviously should be below the common share price.

What I fixed is that I didn’t have the right round number of shares. Having 200 shares and a warrant split of 1/4 is fine because you get 50 warrants. 1/6 means 4 of your shares get no warrants. I just bought more shares to get exact numbers of warrants.

Hope that makes sense. That’s also why the U shares tend to be more expensive.

And still trading like a champ. When I am retired, I will be a baller like you. I don't know what your sources are, but man you just pull some random stuff all the time that I've never heard of before.
Probably had a monster buck meander by while I was trading cydy for a $5 profit.  Man it's been a slow/lean year in the field.  

Google rabbit hole is my primary source.  Someone will post a tip here and looking into that will lead me elsewhere.  I was considering Motley Fool and wanted your opinion if you think it would be a fit for me.  I suspect most of their recommendations end up posted here anyway.  Looking for more material to read either way.  I keep reading that Morning Brew is a good read and free.  Thoughts?

Probably had a monster buck meander by while I was trading cydy for a $5 profit.  Man it's been a slow/lean year in the field.  

Google rabbit hole is my primary source.  Someone will post a tip here and looking into that will lead me elsewhere.  I was considering Motley Fool and wanted your opinion if you think it would be a fit for me.  I suspect most of their recommendations end up posted here anyway.  Looking for more material to read either way.  I keep reading that Morning Brew is a good read and free.  Thoughts?
Motley Fool has been fantastic for me, but it is absolutely a long term buy and hold solution. I’ve traded a bunch of things based on discussions in here but outside of CYDY (mainly because it went up so much), none of that has been a big part of my overall portfolio. In fact, I wish I listened to them more when they recommended stuff like FVRR and LVGO back in the 20s and SE in the 30s. No idea if they will continue their torrid returns of the past couple years (wish I started in 2018 instead of 2019 and jumped all in), but if you want more of a set it and forget it portfolio they are great. I know people get annoyed by their ads but I loved their portfolios which aren’t the stocks mentioned in the ads. I bought their Next Gen Supercycle 5G back in June and I’m up probably 40% on a nice chunk I wanted to invest. I’ve ignored a lot of things they’ve sent me mainly because you kind of need a good chunk of new cash to invest and make the fees worth They do have cheaper Stock Advisor and Rule Breakers, which are often things they’ve given me in the targeted ones. They also do blast off portfolios at the start of each year and they’ve been pretty solid. I don’t know exactly what I’ve spent with them, not a small amount, but the ROIs are ridiculous. The 5G one was $1400 and I liked it because it was almost all new stocks and stuff that would benefit like SQ at $82 (SMH, I dove more into the pure 5G plays). I’ve made more than 30x that fee so it was well worth it since I had cash and wanted to diversify.

I am kind of looking for a new one as my cash position is pretty high.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread