What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (20 Viewers)

I missed the mention but see your post from yesterday. The end game is they finalize the merger and the ticker changes to the new, permanent ticker and then it’s just a normal stock. Sometime in the first couple months of 2021 they’ll have a shareholder vote to approve the merger and then it will trade as $PSFE. I’m not sure I’ll hang around that long because I’m just trading and have SQ for my fintech exposure, but I liked this because it’s not way above $10.00 and it’s an established company in a rapidly growing segment.
Yep thanks....the bolded is what I'll be looking into more.  Not sure of my exit plan yet, or if I'm going to go longer than the merge, but I have a little time to figure it out.  

SA summary

Another IPO tomorrow is Hydrofarm Holdings, $HYFM. Indoor vertical farming, could catch some weed tailwinds and it would be as picks and shovels. Priced at $20. I’m interested until it inevitably opens up at $90

Last edited by a moderator:
SA summary

Another IPO tomorrow is Hydrofarm Holdings, $HYFM. Indoor vertical farming, could catch some weed tailwinds and it would be as picks and shovels. Priced at $20. I’m interested until it inevitably opens up at $90
Are you high?!? 

Oh. Wait. 

SA summary

This link just takes me to the top of the page. Very interested in this though...

Also, this part made me chuckle -

Major competitive or other industry participants include:

Scotts Miracle-Gro (SMG)

National wholesale distributors

Small regional competitors

You can have fun with numbers all day long And most of them won’t mean a thing.   Problem is I think over time this metric means something.

the Ratio of average hours of work In the USA needed to purchase one share of the S&P 500 Hit an all time high of 141.  In 1980 it was 10, which was the low.

Does ABNB show up on your app/site yet?

If so, you cant do a market order, you have to do limit.  At least on etrade and robinhood its working.

If it blows past $100, I'll be left in the dust probably.

Does ABNB show up on your app/site yet?

If so, you cant do a market order, you have to do limit.  At least on etrade and robinhood its working.

If it blows past $100, I'll be left in the dust probably.
Symbol Not Found

It was that way with Dash until after it was actively trading.

I thought it said BY 8am, though
Not my Fidelity one, it said by 8am to start and minimum of 1 hour to confirm:

The registration statement for Airbnb, Inc. Class A Common Stock IPO is NOW expected to be declared effective and the offering to be priced by 8:00 AM ET tomorrow morning, Thursday, 12/10/2020.  The confirmation period will begin immediately following effectiveness and pricing and will continue for a minimum of one hour.  We will send you a separate notice of effectiveness/pricing and a request for confirmation of indication of interest tomorrow morning after the registration statement has been declared effective.

I doubt they do pre 8am, but you can’t confirm until it’s priced. It's likely a moot point, but I'll give it a try.

Still waiting on pricing to confirm interest. I put in for 300 shares, haven’t got even a luke warm IPO let alone a blazing hot one. Just got lucky to get some LSF and that Academy Sports was a decent return.

ETA: SA has it at $68 so not even as hot as DoorDash which I believe doubled from the starting MSRP. Pretty sure ABNB started in the 40s to 50 so a mild bump.

ETA2: Just got the email and confirmed. :boatloads:

Still waiting on pricing to confirm interest. I put in for 300 shares, haven’t got even a luke warm IPO let alone a blazing hot one. Just got lucky to get some LSF and that Academy Sports was a decent return.

ETA: SA has it at $68 so not even as hot as DoorDash which I believe doubled from the starting MSRP. Pretty sure ABNB started in the 40s to 50 so a mild bump.
$68 form AirBnB

So does Fidelity mark those up to you (if you get chosen) or do you get the $68?  Looks like I won't be owning because I expect this to hit north of $120 by the time I can buy.

So does Fidelity mark those up to you (if you get chosen) or do you get the $68?  Looks like I won't be owning because I expect this to hit north of $120 by the time I can buy.
$68 if I get anything which is slim to none. This is my request to get in on the actual IPOs that Fidelity has access to so no markup. Fidelity is getting scraps from the leads and then I likely and way behind their whales. I have gotten in on an IPO which was undersubscribed, one where the price was never raised and one that I think was bumped up a couple bucks. None were “hot” and I missed out on some nice ones like XPEV (wasn’t hot at the time), CRSR and U. U would have been super sweet.

Symbol Not Found

It was that way with Dash until after it was actively trading.
Don't search for the ticker. When you search for the ticker, it can't find it.

Create a trade ticket. When you populate the symbol in the ticket, it should take.

Don't search for the ticker. When you search for the ticker, it can't find it.

Create a trade ticket. When you populate the symbol in the ticket, it should take.
Thank you.  Orders in at $85 and $90.  I suspect that will be a swing and a miss.

Someone on Twitter created a Google sheet tracking all of the SPACS and their status so @drunken slob can stop looking for his list.

Here you go
That list isn't complete though. Not sure how incomplete because there are so many but one example is they don't list GHIV as having identified a target when they have which is United Wholesale. Appreciate the list though, good place to start when doing your own research. 

That list isn't complete though. Not sure how incomplete because there are so many but one example is they don't list GHIV as having identified a target when they have which is United Wholesale. Appreciate the list though, good place to start when doing your own research. 
Yeah, just got in an edit. He’s still updating and will add other columns like links to investor presentations and whatever else people suggest that seems useful.

ABNB still hasn’t been allocated yet. I did confirm my interest but typically there’s one more email telling me allocations are done go look in your account and see if we let you have any. Most times it’s like unwrapping a piece of coal, but I’m praying for a diamond. 

ABNB still hasn’t been allocated yet. I did confirm my interest but typically there’s one more email telling me allocations are done go look in your account and see if we let you have any. Most times it’s like unwrapping a piece of coal, but I’m praying for a diamond. 
Hey, surprise, coal again. Lol. I guess I’m not rich enough to get thrown free money. I think I’ll be sitting these IPOs out. There’s going to be a big dip as they’ve clearly gotten out of hand so gotta GM get my work done!

Fingers crossed for you.  this is free money.

Hey, surprise, coal again. Lol. I guess I’m not rich enough to get thrown free money. I think I’ll be sitting these IPOs out. There’s going to be a big dip as they’ve clearly gotten out of hand so gotta GM get my work done!
I was momentarily stunned. I went into my account, and Amazon is ALWAYS the first thing listed. When I went in, there was something above AMZN, and for a split second, I thought I'd received an allocation. Forgot I bought ADBE at the EOD yesterday. :kicksrock:

So, I have a bunch of cash sitting idle atm. There just isn't enough I want to buy at these prices, so I've been writing a bunch of puts with it. Most of them expire in Jan.

When I bought my car 2 years ago, I got a decent rate and (partially because my employer had started layoffs) I wanted to keep my $$, so I went the loan route. Now, sitting here unemployed and looking, watching that payment go out every month, I keep thinking I should kill it. The wife and I talked last night about using the cash to pay it off in January, since it's sitting there doing nothing atm. But I'd have to wait until the Jan puts I sold expire or I buy to close the transactions. 

Which got me thinking... is there a better way to do this? Let's say I needed $12.5k. And I had $50k sitting on hand. Could I find 2-4 names I would want to own that I could write puts on, at least 10% OTM, expiration within a year, and make 25% (real, not annualized) on them? The first thing I thought of was SQ, which used to be volatile enough that you could swing that kind of return. I've written a lot of SQ puts over the years. Not so anymore. PLTR qualifies right now. $17.50s practically print money. 30% late in the year. Don't know where it'll sit in a month, but it'll be on the short list. Anyone have thoughts on companies you'd want to own that might swing that kind of return?

So, I have a bunch of cash sitting idle atm. There just isn't enough I want to buy at these prices, so I've been writing a bunch of puts with it. Most of them expire in Jan.

When I bought my car 2 years ago, I got a decent rate and (partially because my employer had started layoffs) I wanted to keep my $$, so I went the loan route. Now, sitting here unemployed and looking, watching that payment go out every month, I keep thinking I should kill it. The wife and I talked last night about using the cash to pay it off in January, since it's sitting there doing nothing atm. But I'd have to wait until the Jan puts I sold expire or I buy to close the transactions. 

Which got me thinking... is there a better way to do this? Let's say I needed $12.5k. And I had $50k sitting on hand. Could I find 2-4 names I would want to own that I could write puts on, at least 10% OTM, expiration within a year, and make 25% (real, not annualized) on them? The first thing I thought of was SQ, which used to be volatile enough that you could swing that kind of return. I've written a lot of SQ puts over the years. Not so anymore. PLTR qualifies right now. $17.50s practically print money. 30% late in the year. Don't know where it'll sit in a month, but it'll be on the short list. Anyone have thoughts on companies you'd want to own that might swing that kind of return?
Look for the ones priced higher than you are willing to pay

Users who are viewing this thread