Top Posters In This Topic

• fantasycurse42

• BassNBrew

• stbugs

• St. Louis Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First reference.  Brings a tear to my eye. $CYDY #notselling

"I know, dear, but I'm trusting Chet on this one. Yes, Chet. From the internet. "

I cashed out an underperforming account at ETrade about a year ago and the cash (about $950) just sat there as I had dulled on trading.  My cousin's wife Laura, who I was really close to, then di

Started a position in CGRO warratns symbol CGROW a they are taking Israel based Innoviz public.  Innoviz is a LIDAR sector company.
Nikola introduced me to SPACS but only issue have to keep money locked up for a good period of time to really reap the benefits.

I hold warrants of East Stone Acquistion Corp symbol ESSCW at .29 cents

I also hold shares and warrants of Apex Technology Acquisiton Corp taking AvePoint public symbols are APXT/APXTW (14.40/share price and 3.54 warrant price are my cost basis)

Hold warrants in AMCI Acquisition Corporation taking Advent Technologies public symbol AMCIW hold warrants at 1.07

I am also looking at Interprivate Acquisition (IPV) to take another Lidar company public called Adeva

I am also looking at VGAC VG Acquistion Corp headed by Richard Branson

Watching Bridgetown Holdings symbol BTWN which is Peter Thiel's latest SPAC

4 minutes ago, tonysmiles said:

Started a position in CGRO warratns symbol CGROW a they are taking Israel based Innoviz public.  Innoviz is a LIDAR sector company.
Nikola introduced me to SPACS but only issue have to keep money locked up for a good period of time to really reap the benefits.

I also hold shares and warrants of Apex Technology Acquisiton Corp taking AvePoint public symbols are APXT/APXTW (14.40/share price and 3.54 warrant price are my cost basis)

Hold warrants in AMCI Acquisition Corporation taking Advent Technologies public symbol AMCIW hold warrants at 1.07

I am also looking at Interprivate Acquisition (IPV) to take another Lidar company public called Adeva

:thumbup:

6 minutes ago, tonysmiles said:

Down 55% today.  I wonder when is a good time to catch the knife

Flipped some cydy for a $5.25 gain.  5 minutes closer to retirement :lol: I don’t know why I get such a rush trading this dog. Every time I buy I immediately have buyers remorse and can’t wait to dump it. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
22 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

It was a spactacular  day across the board for most spacs 

I think IPOB was due to them saying that it will transition to a new symbol on 12/21. This market isn’t quite rational and right now symbol changes mean pops so that’s pretty much the reason.

33 minutes ago, KGB said:

Down 55% today.  I wonder when is a good time to catch the knife

I don’t think it was really down. It’s a 1 day chart. Maybe the last trade for an old company that used to have that symbol. The BTWNU shares went up today.

Kind of funny with my back of the napkin reasoning why LAZR is overvalued and then two posts right above mentioning two more SPACs bringing LIDAR companies public. There’s also another one that popped earlier this year and is now popping again, VLDR, that was an SPAC. The EV/smart car space is jam packed with LIDAR companies that are probably worth about 40% of GM now and those are only the 4 I know about.

13 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I think IPOB was due to them saying that it will transition to a new symbol on 12/21. This market isn’t quite rational and right now symbol changes mean pops so that’s pretty much the reason.

makes sense...thanks

24 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Kind of funny with my back of the napkin reasoning why LAZR is overvalued and then two posts right above mentioning two more SPACs bringing LIDAR companies public. There’s also another one that popped earlier this year and is now popping again, VLDR, that was an SPAC. The EV/smart car space is jam packed with LIDAR companies that are probably worth about 40% of GM now and those are only the 4 I know about.

Isnt mobile eye supposed to be "the one"?

https://newsroom.intel.com/press-kits/autonomous-driving-intel/#gs.mxpfv7

Edited by KGB
2 hours ago, stbugs said:

How did you even know about it until it popped? Finding these types of things before they pop is hard. Penny stocks also go out of business fast. There’s been a lot of pump and dumps this year.

That said, small cap stocks based on market cap do tend to have higher returns historically but again small cap <> penny stock.

Good luck, but chasing big pops is like finding a needle in a haystack. That’s why a bunch of us liked those SPACs. If they never find a merger you get back almost you entire investment depending on how close to the starting price you bought in and then it becomes an IPO basically when the merger is announced. It’s gotten a bit crazy in some, definitely are going to be losers long term but it’s a less risky way to play smaller companies and get good pops.

Good luck, but I’d work on building up a nice portfolio first and then allocate a gambling amount if you want to take fliers. Fliers as a full investment strategy is likely not going to end well. Last not is do not look at the price of a stock to determine anything. Two stocks mentioned in this thread a ton, CYDY and HGEN. CYDY is a $2 stock and HGEN is almost $10. CYDY has a much bigger market cap meaning that company is worth more. Price is meaningless, just a factor of how many shares the company has. Typically low low prices will be smaller companies but once you get above $10 a share, the price is an indicator of nothing.

My buddy is building his own analysis tool to monitor Reddit trading forms. He's taking into considering the timing and velocity of "up votes" and comparing that against the reputation of the poster. He just told me about it on Friday, so I'm curious to see how his test plays out.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, McBokonon said:

So Marketwatch is writing articles about what one random guy from r/wallstreetbets is doing? 

Other than Fottrell (the Moneyist guy), who is superb, Marketwatch is a dumpster fire.  Truly awful financial reporting.

I have a weird system of finding winners and suprisingly works pretty good not great but good.  I also have to use willpower which means no trading between 9:30 and 10:30 because it is alot of momentum trading.  I look at Yahoo's trending tickets at 10:30 and see what is on there list with abnormally high volume compared to the Average volume number.  Then I comprise a list of 5 stocks and evaluate and make a purchase at 11AM and then I hope it pans out.  It is all speculation. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TripItUp said:

I too plan on getting in on ABNB...lots of shares.

I'm expecting a rocket ship.🚀

I'm in too.  I'm just going to set some aside for the 3-5 year horizon and check back to see how smart I am.

12 minutes ago, hooter311 said:

I'm in too.  I'm just going to set some aside for the 3-5 year horizon and check back to see how smart I am.

I bought some $AIR and $AIR calls hoping folks mess up the ticker on Thursday. Quite the sophisticated machine I've got over here. 

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1
2 hours ago, KGB said:

Might be. I don’t know enough about all of them, but point taken. That’s why I’m glad I got a nice return on LAZR but wouldn’t want to own it at this price. Would have been nice to sell a day later but at $14B, the market cap seems really rich. 

4 hours ago, TripItUp said:

I too plan on getting in on ABNB...lots of shares.

I'm expecting a rocket ship.🚀

Me too. Need to see if I get anything from Fidelity. Put in for ABNB, Certara, Abcellera and ContextLogic (Wish). Will definitely watch the C3.ai one too.

2 hours ago, hooter311 said:

Is the best bet just buying day one or is there any other realistic way to get in at IPO pricing?

1 minute ago, Lacey said:

Is the best bet just buying day one or is there any other realistic way to get in at IPO pricing?

If you plan on being it in the long run, I'm going to dollar cost average buy a little once a day for the first week and then a little more each week for the first 2-3 months.  

34 minutes ago, hooter311 said:

If you plan on being it in the long run, I'm going to dollar cost average buy a little once a day for the first week and then a little more each week for the first 2-3 months.  

So in this scenario you would buy ~15 times.  If this is a long term play you like, what % are you willing to put into it?    I seem to have a bunch of stocks worth ~.5% of my total portfolio/1-2% of my individual funds.  If I stuck with those type of percentages and divided my purchase up into 10-15 pieces, i would be buying a couple hundred bucks a pop on this.  I’m curious for you and others if you put higher percentages into less stocks or if you may just be working with more $.

7 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Flipped some cydy for a $5.25 gain.  5 minutes closer to retirement :lol: I don’t know why I get such a rush trading this dog. Every time I buy I immediately have buyers remorse and can’t wait to dump it. 

Pop into the CYDY thread, there may be some good news. MAYBE.

15 hours ago, KGB said:

Need AMZN to be green tomorrow to sell some for the AIRBNB ipo.

Bezos says no Airbnb for you. Probably should lot at Airshed 

15 hours ago, tonysmiles said:

Thanks for this. Never met a Spac I didn’t like. Some of these are up big premarket

10 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

As long as they don't hire away Bozos to run the operations they should be in good shape.

AMZ profits > TSLA profits > more AMZ stock. The circle of profits.  

🤝

🤝      💰      🤝

🤝

23 minutes ago, Capella said:

AMZ profits > TSLA profits > more AMZ stock. The circle of profits.  

🤝

🤝      💰      🤝

🤝

Elon = 💰

Bezos = :toilet:

• Laughing 1
Just now, The Man With No Name said:

Did a search and didn't find anything. (ELY) Callaway Golf. Anyone here own it? 

Not I. They did guy buy TopGolf which is the only reason it's on my radar - hold a decent amount of $DS (Drive Shack) - a Top Gold competitor. 

17 minutes ago, eaganwildcats said:

Not I. They did guy buy TopGolf which is the only reason it's on my radar - hold a decent amount of $DS (Drive Shack) - a Top Gold competitor. 

Yeah, it looks like it could go way higher than it is now. Bought in November @$17.05 am am enjoying the run up. Topgolf was one reason I bought. Plan on holding long term, for me at least.

Edited by The Man With No Name

Noob here.

Is there an easy way to know something is a SPAC on the trading platforms or you just figure it out with some DD?  So you're speculating, which could be up to a couple years of having your money tied up, that they'll acquire a private company and bring it public?  You will hold your shares all the way through the process?

3 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Tsla dumping more stock on the market. Elon is a genius. 

I haven't checked lately, but is Tesla now valued more than all the other auto manufacturers combined?

Just now, Bobcat10 said:

Noob here.

Is there an easy way to know something is a SPAC on the trading platforms or you just figure it out with some DD?  So you're speculating, which could be up to a couple years of having your money tied up, that they'll acquire a private company and bring it public?  You will hold your shares all the way through the process?

If your brokerage has a company description and describes the ticker as a “blank check company” it’s a SPAC.

• Like 1