What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (9 Viewers)

CEO Recent Trades:

CEO John Temperato bought 153,846 shares of NMTR stock on 12/15/2020 at the average price of $0.65.

CFO Recent Trades:

CFO Edward J Sitar bought 61,538 shares of NMTR stock on 12/15/2020 at the average price of $0.65.

Directors and Officers Recent Trades:

Director Mark A Sirgo bought 230,769 shares of NMTR stock on 12/15/2020 at the average price of $0.65.
Must have exercised options.

Aren't all CEO or BOD stock transactions cleared by or reported to the SEC in advance?  I'm sure these moves were public knowledge, but knowing what and where to look for that info isn't always easy.  Or not???   

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the best digital & cyber security companies?  All this Russian hack talk has got me interested.

Anyone invest in any of these ETF's?

BUG

CIBR

IHAK

HACK

Aren't all CEO or BOD stock transactions cleared by or reported to the SEC in advance?  I'm sure these moves were public knowledge, but knowing what and where to look for that info isn't always easy.  Or not???   
i believe selling is set in advance, they can buy at anytime

I just read this about the Telsa addition to the S&P 500.  https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/18/traders-brace-for-wild-action-and-historic-volume-ahead-of-teslas-entry-into-the-sp-500.html

I don't understand how are this Tesla demand in the last minute isn't going to run the price through the roof.  Also AIV is dropping out.  Can't follow everything but a $5 stock paid a $10.15 dividend when it had been paying 41 cents a quarter.

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/aiv/dividend-history

Does it make sense to buy Telsa this morning and the put up an ask price a couple of percent over the price at 3:50?
Been thinking about how it will affect the S&P and it’s individual run up for a week now. Bought more when it got back down to 590 last week but not at this price. 

Picked up 100 shares of cydy at open and sold 5 minutes later for a $15 gain.

Waited too long on TSLA but did buy one share for fun.  May add more later.

Not to be rude, but can you elaborate on your point.  I'm not following where this is leading.
they schedule their sells in advance but can purchase whenever they want. Was answering his question about CEO buy/sell. So all these top company advisors purchasing at the same time seems suspicious thats all im saying.

What's the best digital & cyber security companies?  All this Russian hack talk has got me interested.

BUG

CIBR

IHAK

HACK
I own a lot of ZS and OKTA and should have bought CRWD. That’s all I got.

Might be good for AMZN as it seems that MSFT got hit as well by the same thing and maybe their software was vulnerable. Donny made sure they won that big contract as he doesn’t like Bezos, but if this stays big news it might help out AWS a bit.

so the ceo coo and director all bought shares before this news came out

9 Meters Biopharma, Inc. (NASDAQ: NMTR) shares rose 7.4% to $0.87 in pre-market trading. 9 Meters Biopharma shares climbed over 7% on Thursday after OrbiMed Israel BioFund GP Limited Partnership reported a 16% stake in the company.

they schedule their sells in advance but can purchase whenever they want. Was answering his question about CEO buy/sell. So all these top company advisors purchasing at the same time seems suspicious thats all im saying.
The buys were below the market price from what I'm seeing.  The makes me think they exercised options.

It was a split. I knew it had to be something lol. It'll probably double now because tesla logic. 
Only in this frothy world will a reverse split be seen as good. The fact that the Tesla split and S&P 500 drove 50% of the gains this Summer and Fall are truly amazing.

It's not suspicious, it's usually a bullish sign actually (except for those one-of KODK moments that are obviously nonsense.) For the one you posted, a purchase by insiders could (emphasis on could) indicate they are confident with how their trials are proceeding,.

ETA: plus what BezosNWine said about options

I just read this about the Telsa addition to the S&P 500.  https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/18/traders-brace-for-wild-action-and-historic-volume-ahead-of-teslas-entry-into-the-sp-500.html

I don't understand how are this Tesla demand in the last minute isn't going to run the price through the roof.  Also AIV is dropping out.  Can't follow everything but a $5 stock paid a $10.15 dividend when it had been paying 41 cents a quarter.

Does it make sense to buy Telsa this morning and the put up an ask price a couple of percent over the price at 3:50?
“However, there are billions more that will need to be bought by “closet indexers” that do not officially pay S&P, but nonetheless track the index. No one knows how much these “closet indexers” will buy, but it could be 50%-100% above the “official” $85.2 billion estimate.”

omg 

Also, given the dumping of over stocks, would it make sense to short the market near close?
@stbugs or anyone else...explain the flaws in my thinking here.

“However, there are billions more that will need to be bought by “closet indexers” that do not officially pay S&P, but nonetheless track the index. No one knows how much these “closet indexers” will buy, but it could be 50%-100% above the “official” $85.2 billion estimate.”

omg 
I think they will have some discretion and can buy over the next two weeks.

I'm behind on my retirement fund.  Got to scrap up every little win I can, especially with 30%+ in Amazon dragging me down most days.  Wish Bezos would take notes.
Give it a few weeks. Amazon will jump up. I’m way ahead on the retirement fund just because of this year.

Got to speak with a Motley Fool consultant or whatever they call them. Was really good to bounce some allocation stuff off of him. Need to spend some time deciding what I want to sell and how much of some new stocks I want to buy. Stuff like this is definitely way more fun than working! So looking forward to not working.

CEO Recent Trades:

CEO John Temperato bought 153,846 shares of NMTR stock on 12/15/2020 at the average price of $0.65.

CFO Recent Trades:

CFO Edward J Sitar bought 61,538 shares of NMTR stock on 12/15/2020 at the average price of $0.65.

Directors and Officers Recent Trades:

Director Mark A Sirgo bought 230,769 shares of NMTR stock on 12/15/2020 at the average price of $0.65.
IN NMTR

Give it a few weeks. Amazon will jump up. I’m way ahead on the retirement fund just because of this year.

Got to speak with a Motley Fool consultant or whatever they call them. Was really good to bounce some allocation stuff off of him. Need to spend some time deciding what I want to sell and how much of some new stocks I want to buy. Stuff like this is definitely way more fun than working! So looking forward to not working.
I think I will selling some Amazon near close and buy back at close.  Amazon will have to be the most sold stock to buy TSLA shares.

BUG

CIBR

IHAK

HACK
I've danced a little bit with FTNT and SPLK, nothing serious yet

It's not suspicious, it's usually a bullish sign actually (except for those one-of KODK moments that are obviously nonsense.) For the one you posted, a purchase by insiders could (emphasis on could) indicate they are confident with how their trials are proceeding,.

ETA: plus what BezosNWine said about options
agree

Tattooed Chef up 6% this morning.  Just a small 10% trim here.
Ugh, made the mistake of buying that in my taxable account. Don’t want to lose $1k for taxes. Still like the company long term so likely just holding anyway. If it was in the IRA I would have sold it when it was high 20s awhile back.

I just sold a third of my SI. I was up about 40% the few days I owned it and seemed the smart thing to do. I will look to re-enter below 40 or feel stupid when I have to pay 45.

UVXY 18%

CYDY 11%

SI 10%  6.5%

MMED 8%

TM 5%

ASO 3.5%

AMZN, MSMY, PYPL,  2-3.5% ea

BABA, DELL, HAACU, JNJ, KNX, PLUG, QCOM, VIAC, WMT, KALA 1.5 - 2% ea

Another 3-5% small, highly speculative plays

CASH ~15%  30%
First rebalancing this morning. If VIX continues up, will do another this afternoon.

Ugh, made the mistake of buying that in my taxable account. Don’t want to lose $1k for taxes. Still like the company long term so likely just holding anyway. If it was in the IRA I would have sold it when it was high 20s awhile back.
I'm holding into 2021 too. They have a lot of marketing and new stores stocking their products to come.

If anyone wants to take it a step further with bitcoin, some of the mining stocks worth keeping an eye on as they should offer leveraged returns on this bull run.

I think we have another 300% to go on btc price. Any short term pullbacks are going to do be from the dwindling number of whales exiting their positions for a profit.  These coins are going to be bought by institutional investors with longer term ambitions.

Square's cash app, paypal, and grayscale alone are gobbling up bitcoin twice as fast as it's being mined.  There is an imminent bitcoin supply crisis looming.

Mining stocks in the order I like them for future gains.

1.  DMGGF

2. HVBTF

3. MARA

4. RIOT

5. EBON

And again, these are all going to be leveraged plays so the best time to jump in is going to be on a pullback.

I expect things to bounce around this range, but once 20k resistance is breached it's going to be off to the races.
DMGGF has retreated down from the .60s, what are your thoughts on grabbing it now that is below .50?  Thanks

Was really hoping the downgrade to PLTR would drop the price more.  I want to double my position in this.  
I still have only a 100 share position in it when it dipped below $22. That lock expiration in February looks ominous. 80% of outstanding shares available to trade? Yikes.

It's not all it's cracked up to be.

Users who are viewing this thread