What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (12 Viewers)

Allright, maybe one of you guys knows this.  On the phone trying to get a Fidelity rep to explain this, but I feel like Beetlejuice waiting here.

Kid has a UTMA account, which essentially allows for 2k of gains per year tax free.  So I'm trying to harvest gains for him.  Today I sold some KO and then bought some KO.  Damn fidelity just changed the cost basis, but didn't book the gains.  :rant:   WTF?  This isn't a wash sale situation - they shouldn't do that at all.  Is it common for day traders to see this?  I'm lost.

Allright, maybe one of you guys knows this.  On the phone trying to get a Fidelity rep to explain this, but I feel like Beetlejuice waiting here.

Kid has a UTMA account, which essentially allows for 2k of gains per year tax free.  So I'm trying to harvest gains for him.  Today I sold some KO and then bought some KO.  Damn fidelity just changed the cost basis, but didn't book the gains.  :rant:   WTF?  This isn't a wash sale situation - they shouldn't do that at all.  Is it common for day traders to see this?  I'm lost.
You sure they were gains and not losses?  Maybe recheck your buy in price.

I’m up 30% on it since July and I wish I bought it months before when I got the first recommendation at a much lower price. The recent price action is silliness. It moved from the S&P smallcap to midcap index to replace a company that was bought. If it’s name was Kinsla we would have gotten a 50% bump. I think the “removal” from the smallcap index was what moved it as goofy as that sounds. The company that replaced it in the smallcap index went up 10%. Not doing anything with it although it is the worst of the 3 stocks I bought the same day. NVCR and INSP have done much better although all 3 have had bumps. Not planning to do anything near term for KNSL.
I guess I should have been more clear ST. I bought it for the reasons you pointed out above. I was curious why you like the company longer-term?

You have a target in mind for NGA, @BassNBrew ? Nice little day today.
I generally like to target the upper teams for these. However if a target hasn’t been identified then I will trim on days when there is an unusually good pop and try to buy back later

Sucks to be down today. I guess the crazy run since September has to cool down bit. The craziness still hasn’t for some of these stocks.

Can someone please explain to me why BTWN is still moving upwards? I mean the “merger” with Tokopedia which it sounds like was literally just a proposal that was sent was what popped it at first. Tokopedia has basically hired firms and said they are planning to go IPO. Even with that news that basically there is no merger, the stock has run up to new highs.
From what I read people are just betting on Peter Thiel.

Can any of you help a drunk simp sitting in a holler make any sense of this?

Quote:

Offered by

FOLEY TRASIMENE ACQUISITION CORP II

CUSIP

The information provided herein has been independently obtained or developed by various third-party firms through sources believed to be reliable. However, the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information is not guaranteed by Fidelity.

Offer terms

Latest Update:10/09/2020 2:40 PM ET

You may request, at any time, to split your Foley Trasimene units into their individual components. One Unit = 1 Common Share (CUSIP 344328109 1/3 Warrant (CUSIP 344328117) Units must be split in multiples of 3.

Thanks in advance

:banned:

Also got this message this morning:

Offer terms

Latest Update:12/22/2020 11:33 AM ET
CUTOFF DATE: 01/14/2021 7:00 PM ET
EXPIRATION DATE: 01/15/2021 11:00 AM ET
WITHDRAWAL DATE: 01/14/2021

Gores Holdings IV Inc. stockholders will be asked to consider and vote upon a proposal to approve the Business Combination Agreement, dated as of September 22, 2020 by and among the Company, SFS Holding Corp., United Wholesale Mortgage, LLC and UWM Holdings, LLC at the special meeting, to be held on 01/20/2021. Gores IV Holdings Inc. is offering you the right to redeem your shares for cash. The approximate price per share is $10.01, as disclosed in the proxy statement. If you wish to exercise your redemption rights you must submit a tender instruction through your financial services firm. There is no record date for redemption and you do not have to vote in order to redeem. Note: Holders wishing to vote upon the proposals must be a record date holder of Gores IV Holdings Inc's common stock, the voting record date is 12/15/2020. Warrant holders do not have voting or redemption rights. If you own Gores Holdings IV Inc. units, you must have the units split into the underlying common shares and warrants in order to tender the common shares.

Can any of you help a drunk simp sitting in a holler make any sense of this?

Quote:

Offered by

FOLEY TRASIMENE ACQUISITION CORP II

CUSIP

The information provided herein has been independently obtained or developed by various third-party firms through sources believed to be reliable. However, the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information is not guaranteed by Fidelity.

Offer terms

Latest Update:10/09/2020 2:40 PM ET

You may request, at any time, to split your Foley Trasimene units into their individual components. One Unit = 1 Common Share (CUSIP 344328109 1/3 Warrant (CUSIP 344328117) Units must be split in multiples of 3.

Thanks in advance

:banned:
Just make sure you own shares numbeDivisible by three and you’ll have no worriesrs Divisible by three and you’ll have no worries

Also got this message this morning:

Offer terms

Latest Update:12/22/2020 11:33 AM ET
CUTOFF DATE: 01/14/2021 7:00 PM ET
EXPIRATION DATE: 01/15/2021 11:00 AM ET
WITHDRAWAL DATE: 01/14/2021

Gores Holdings IV Inc. stockholders will be asked to consider and vote upon a proposal to approve the Business Combination Agreement, dated as of September 22, 2020 by and among the Company, SFS Holding Corp., United Wholesale Mortgage, LLC and UWM Holdings, LLC at the special meeting, to be held on 01/20/2021. Gores IV Holdings Inc. is offering you the right to redeem your shares for cash. The approximate price per share is $10.01, as disclosed in the proxy statement. If you wish to exercise your redemption rights you must submit a tender instruction through your financial services firm. There is no record date for redemption and you do not have to vote in order to redeem. Note: Holders wishing to vote upon the proposals must be a record date holder of Gores IV Holdings Inc's common stock, the voting record date is 12/15/2020. Warrant holders do not have voting or redemption rights. If you own Gores Holdings IV Inc. units, you must have the units split into the underlying common shares and warrants in order to tender the common shares.
Just ignore it, you don’t need to do anything. You certainly don’t want to trade $11 bills for $10 billsJust ignore it, you don’t need to do anything. You certainly don’t want to trade $11 bills for $10 bills

Just ignore it, you don’t need to do anything. You certainly don’t want to trade $11 bills for $10 billsJust ignore it, you don’t need to do anything. You certainly don’t want to trade $11 bills for $10 bills
That's what I thought. Trading at $12.03 / share now. Thanks

Just make sure you own shares numbeDivisible by three and you’ll have no worriesrs Divisible by three and you’ll have no worries
Thanks for the help, much appreciated :thumbup:

You sure they were gains and not losses?  Maybe recheck your buy in price.
They were using LIFO, no FIFO.  I had to manually reassign lots to get it right.  Took the Fidelity guy a while to understand their issue, so I'm not a complete dolt.

Wonder what Bezos is doing today?  I could go check the ticker to see what what his stock is doing or save the time and just assume it's languishing in purgatory.  

Thank you to everyone in here. Pretty much owe my financial turnaround to this thread.

Never even gave 'capital gains' a 1st or 2nd thought until this year.

:suds:
Not only did it make me money, and a lot of it, it also gave me something to do and people to shoot the #### with while working from home.  For all the suck that happened in 2020, this thread was awesome and saved me from being a total miserable lonely fool.  Thank you all.  :thumbup:

Too late to get in on one of the ARK funds?  

And did anyone else catch Sara Eisen's "Boats and Homes" line a couple minutes ago on CNBC?  She'd be fun to take to the Catalina Wine Mixer.

And did anyone else catch Sara Eisen's "Boats and Homes" line a couple minutes ago on CNBC?  She'd be fun to take to the Catalina Wine Mixer.
I just bought heavily 2 days ago into ARKK and ARKG

I made recent buys into ARKF and ARKG.  About 1/3 of a position each.  I'm going to see what January brings before I go in more or start a position in Q (TSLA pullback?).  Roth, long term, about 20% cash.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Overall not a good day, but it’s because of some high flyers taking a pause like they’ve done a half dozen times since April.

LMND is a new position of mine, jumped in when it dipped into the 80s and jumped a bunch today and the last week.

I'm not saying valuations aren't a little crazy but if you believe we're in the very beginning of a new industrial revolution like I do, don't sweat it so much. I'd buy DOCU at a billion X sales right now because in ten years that's the only way we're doing anything (just an example.) 

Buying tech growth with that thesis (if you believe that thesis) makes traditional ways at evaluating companies pretty much useless. I'm still not buying $SNOW but CRWD, U, SQ, absolutely. Give me more. That's the world in 10-20 years.
Quick and blunt editorial today from Cathie Wood more or less speaking to this

Overall not a good day, but it’s because of some high flyers taking a pause like they’ve done a half dozen times since April.

LMND is a new position of mine, jumped in when it dipped into the 80s and jumped a bunch today and the last week.
I added this to my g/f SEP around the same time. Between that and DKNG she’s up on the day, I’m getting clobbered, and I feel jealous even though these are combined accounts for all intents and purposes.

Not only did it make me money, and a lot of it, it also gave me something to do and people to shoot the #### with while working from home.  For all the suck that happened in 2020, this thread was awesome and saved me from being a total miserable lonely fool.  Thank you all.  :thumbup:
Wish I'd started hanging out in here sooner.

Get the paper get the paper

Users who are viewing this thread