Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Sold a third of my SI today at $175, equal to the number I bought last week at $162 when it dipped. I was definitely too heavy into it, still my 3rd biggest holding after shedding these. Nice to put some in the win column. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 61.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fantasycurse42

• stbugs

• BassNBrew

• cosjobs

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trying to time bottoms is very hard. If you believe in the company long term I feel this price is a very strong entry point long term. Set it and forget for a while. When it doubles....take your

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

17 minutes ago, Lomez said:

I'm sorry, but I clearly missed something. Why are magic truffles up 6x in a couple of months? And why do we think there's room to run? 

Dude, don't be messing with people's trips.  

I don't get it either.  GM got Oregon to legalize something???

Edited by beef
1 minute ago, beef said:

Dude, don't be messing with people's trips.  

I don't get it either.  GM got Oregon to legalize something???

Oregon did legalize psilocybin last month.  

Edited by SFBayDuck
28 minutes ago, NajehHejan said:

VYST was an old penny play. Looks primed for another bounce, might be a week or a month or so. In at .029. Pure gamble play. Still looking for the next legit penny play.

ATIX was at the bottom of my watch list yesterday with a big drop.  And it's at the top of the list today +73%(!).  I have no idea if it's legit or not.  

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, SFBayDuck said:

Oregon did legalize psilocybin last month.  

Kind of.....

Without looking it up, my recollection is that our state passed a measure via vote to permit the use of psilocybin-producing mushroom and fungi via licensed therapists.  We can't walk to our local dispensary and add magic mushrooms/truffles to our weed order, but I could go see a shrink and tell him/her that I've got {insert ailment here - let's use 'depression'} and they can administer the drugs to me.  

Another measure was passed which decriminalized the possession of drugs, so I'm thinking yeah, it's basically legal here to do shrooms.  I did them this summer for the first time in years and fell down my stairs, so I'm probably not going to dabble anymore. :bag:

Edited by General Malaise
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 4
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Kind of.....

Without looking it up, my recollection is that our state passed a measure via vote to permit the use of psilocybin-producing mushroom and fungi via licensed therapists.  We can't walk to our local dispensary and add magic mushrooms/truffles to our weed order, but I could go see a shrink and tell him/her that I've got {insert ailment here - let's use 'depression'} and they can administer the drugs to me.  

Another measure was passed which decriminalized the possession of drugs, so I'm thinking yeah, it's basically legal here to do shrooms.  I did them this summer for the first time in years and fell down my stairs, so I'm probably not going to dabble anymore. :bag:

Talk about a bad trip...

• Laughing 4
On 12/8/2020 at 3:04 PM, Bamboo Bill said:

DSGT is one of the stocks that came up for him today. New Chinese EV stock that has produced inventory and has orders already for 2021.

:tebow:

Up 55.64% today, 300% overall

Edited by JoeSteeler
On 12/28/2020 at 10:10 AM, Lomez said:

Not stocks, but related to some of the things we've discussed in here. I know at least a few of you are into PMs (@St. Louis Bob). And kind of fun. 

My grandfather passed away 1 month to the day after I was born. Most of these belonged to him. Some of them are in rough shape. A few look like someone made an effort to clean them up. Not sure what any of that does to value. I've never spent much time looking at PMs. But kind of cool, regardless.

Wait, what?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, KGB said:

I have about 10K in losers as of right now but up quite a bit for the year.  

Should I sell my losers for tax reasons and possibly rebuy them soon after?

If you want to rebuy the same stocks you have to wait 30 days to rebuy them. Nothing wrong with dumping for a loss to offset other gains 

• Love 1

The potential downside is the month out of the market for those stocks could lose you more gains than what you save in taxes.  If they're stocks you want to sell anyway or you want to put that money to work in something else, then it completely makes sense. Just be cautious about what you're selling to do it. 

• Like 5
5 hours ago, NajehHejan said:

VYST was an old penny play. Looks primed for another bounce, might be a week or a month or so. In at .029. Pure gamble play. Still looking for the next legit penny play.

Look at AITX bought last week at .02 today closed at .04 I feel it stil has a lot of room to run.  Also if you have 1200 laying around for a year buy 10K shares of HYSR

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Lomez said:

The potential downside is the month out of the market for those stocks could lose you more gains than what you save in taxes.  If they're stocks you want to sell anyway or you want to put that money to work in something else, then it completely makes sense. Just be cautious about what you're selling to do it. 

And the capital loss is just as useful for the 2021 tax year as the 2020 tax year as long as the taxpayer ends 2021 in the green.  Or close to green since a person could sell some green stocks in December 2021 and immediately rebuy to create some gains to offset.

Edited by Don Hutson
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, Lomez said:

I'm sorry, but I clearly missed something. Why are magic truffles up 6x in a couple of months? And why do we think there's room to run? 

Opinions are changing about these drugs.  You already have cities in the USA which have decriminalized psilocybin like Oakland and Denver and Oregon where basically everything is decriminalized.  We aren't there yet but there is likely going to be a grey area to eventually operate, where its not technically legal but companies will be able to profit.  Microdosing will be popular, I can almost guarantee that.

TRUFF is already bringing in some revenue, they are focused on recreational first and are looking at countries that have more lax laws.  They are already operating in the Netherlands but as of yesterday, looks like they have their immediate sites on making an operation in the Caribbean.   They made an investment in a company in St Vincent yesterday so seems like this is going to be their jumping off point in that region.

“The acquisition of Mera and its coveted licenses would allow Red Light Holland to perform high quality psychedelic product research and development, cultivate, extract and process, and export not just Psilocybin, but with compounds such as Ayahuasca, MDMA, DMT, Peyote, Ketamine and many other natural based plants as well. We are The People’s Company and we want to work closely with countries wishing to develop plant and fungus-based remedies – including treatment clinics, and we now understand that St. Vincent and the Grenadines shares our vision.” said Todd Shapiro, CEO and Director of Red Light Holland.

https://investorintel.com/markets/agribusiness-mmj/agbusiness-mmj-news/red-light-holland-to-make-groundbreaking-investment-in-st-vincent-and-the-grenadines-plant-based-wellness-and-psychedelics-industry/

This may not be a huge winner right out of the gate but we are in the very early stages here and they will have a big headstart on other companies who get in later.

On the other hand, there is buzz about this industry right now too so could be some FOMO setting in.  There aren't a lot to invest in.

Just as I suspected...https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/31/why-jeff-bezos-always-thinks-three-years-out-and-o.html

Even  @Capella makes more than three decisions a day.

As CEO, it is also is critical that Bezos only makes a few decisions a day. “As a senior executive, what do you really get paid to do? You get paid to make a small number of high-quality decisions,” he said.

Bezos, 56, said if he makes “three good decisions a day, that’s enough, and they should just be as high quality as I can make them.”

• Love 1
  • Laughing 1
18 hours ago, McBokonon said:

I swore off Chinese stocks but I’m really bad at sticking to my guns so I’m going with a small play on FUTU - Chinese online brokerage. Looks ready to run.

2 minutes ago, Capella said:

Everything red on my page to close out. Santa really skipped town this year. 

Should have bought FUTU.

I’m getting beat up pretty good otherwise, though.

If $IMMR pulls back to about $10.80 or so I’ll probably add, decent entry point if you didn’t buy in the 9’s. It’s not really acting like it wants to pull back that much but that 2 day run was a little nuts so it’d be reasonable.

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

$FLGT having another nice day. If I was forced to pick 2 stocks that aren’t often talked about to start a new portfolio I think I would include this one. $AAXN might be the other. 

Still less than half the market cap of CYDY

• Laughing 1
51 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

If $IMMR pulls back to about $10.80 or so I’ll probably add, decent entry point if you didn’t buy in the 9’s. It’s not really acting like it wants to pull back that much but that 2 day run was a little nuts so it’d be reasonable.

Order filled at $10.80 🤷🏻‍♂️👍

• Love 1
On 12/22/2020 at 9:34 PM, Desert_Power said:

LOAK trading over 20 now. Going to have to figure out how to do the whole warrant thing eventually.

LOAK SPAC merger went through today. As I had hoped from reading, Merrill automatically split the unit into commons and warrants. The split warrant still isn't trading exactly as it should. Up near 3x~ on this guy, hopefully all SPACs go this well