What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (5 Viewers)

culdeus said:
Yeah, I feel at some point it's an unstoppable beast, but could see some heavy regulation.  Who knows. 
It’ll be interesting because unlike Google and FB they aren’t “the” entry point for social media/advertising/search. I can see those two being very similar to the Internet Explorer antitrust action with Microsoft. For Amazon, how can you not say they don’t have competition when you have Walmart, HD, Lowe’s, Best Buy, Shopify, Netflix, Disney, Google, Microsoft, etc. Amazon is huge but kind of like Apple, could you really break it up or say it owns an entire market. If Walmart was never sanctioned or broken up for all the stores they closed then I’d think it would be a very hard argument to make antitrust wise. FB and Google are a bit different IMHO because Google Search or Facebook social media could be made to look very similar to my IE/Windows example.

berndog said:
I appreciate you sharing your insights and improving my financial future.

Previously you recommended EXC and I started a small position. Do you think MDU is a better play? 
Two different companies. Love EXC as well. Strong hold. MDU is just another value play in the utility space but with a lot of infrastructure potential. 

Both are good stocks with good safe yields.

Don Hutson said:
BEEM down 19%  What happened?
Profit taking would be my guess.  New year, first day of the month, time to harvest some of those massive gains?  I mean, the stock did start the year off at $4 or so.  

Of course no profit taking here, no siree.  Why?  Because I'm head-spinningly stupid and I like pain.

VIX +22.90%
I'm up 20% on UVXY and would normally trim here, but will hold overnight and see if this continues.  GA Senate runoff with some new year profit taking/corrections/selloffs...  Maybe get an additional 10-15% rise in the VIX???  

identikit said:
Bought @ 29.70, sold some @ 50, and the remainder @ 40.

Seems like a lot of downward pressure right now.

Not opposed to jumping back in, but I'd want to see it stabilize first.
Opinions are all over the place on FUBO, but I jumped in today at 24.

I'm up 20% on UVXY and would normally trim here, but will hold overnight and see if this continues.  GA Senate runoff with some new year profit taking/corrections/selloffs...  Maybe get an additional 10-15% rise in the VIX???  
The Georgia runoff is why I am waiting to deploy any cash. A republican controlled senate was priced in so if both seats somehow go to the democrats that'll be a pretty big shock to the market, right?

The Georgia runoff is why I am waiting to deploy any cash. A republican controlled senate was priced in so if both seats somehow go to the democrats that'll be a pretty big shock to the market, right?
I think so.  Split congress seems to be WS's preference and makes sense to me.  There's been plenty of talk about the markets needing a little correction anyway.  If it didn't already start, GA Senate going double D seems like it would be a trigger to get that going more. 

Finally got out of TDOC today. Just don't believe in it as much I believed in LVGO on it's own. 

Bought small amounts of SQ and IMMR. 

I've been buying a little more during the runup today. I want more profits. Even if it fizzle today or tomorrow I'm holding while I wait for a 10% market correction, for at least a few more weeks.

When I wanted to watch the Astros last year, my options were to switch to ATT cable or use FUBO
When the season was over, I canceled, because I did not really care about their other sports content that much, so other packages were better value.

I currently have a really good deal with Spectrum, but that ends in March. If I think I want to follow baseball this season, I'm sure I'll move back over to FUBO. 
If your team is on the FOX regional network, this may not be possible.

For example, the Royals are on Fox Sports Kansas City, and all the streaming services are no longer carrying them due to a pissing match with Sinclair Broadcasting, who now owns all of those Fox channels.

For example, the Royals are on Fox Sports Kansas City, and all the streaming services are no longer carrying them due to a pissing match with Sinclair Broadcasting, who now owns all of those Fox channels.
If they were on FOX, I'd have other options, but they are on ATTNET and FUBO is the ONLY alternative (this is as of last June, maybe the landscape has changed again)

Last edited by a moderator:
I currently have a really good deal with Spectrum, but that ends in March. If I think I want to follow baseball this season, I'm sure I'll move back over to FUBO. 
Yeah, I cut the cord before my deal with Cablevision even ended. If you need more sports, then Fubo is the way to go. If not, one of the others will suffice. The prices are all pretty comparable. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Todem said:
I really really hope everyone picked up some BLDP when I was able to post about that one and it was around 15-16 bucks a share. I LOVE THAT COMPANY AS A MASSIVE PLAY ON HYDROGEN power cells. A real deal company. 

MDU I also LOVE!!!!!! Boring utility with massive assets and sources of revenue. And a 3% yield to boot. 

Also buy AMT and Emergent Bio Solutions. (EBS). Those are the buys I have now.
 Thanks GB and Welcome back! 

In on BLDP / MDU / EBS / DIS... thanks! 

BassNBrew said:
Well my New years resolution was to trade a little bit less.  That last about 10 minutes as the NGA I acquired on Thursday was up 19%.  Banked the first win of the year.

Added some of Todem's picks and some from the stock thread.  Chet liked UUUU and it was down 6% so that was a good entry.
Also saw that chet UUUU play and am tailing

If they were on FOX, I'd have other options, but they are on ATTNET and FUBO is the ONLY alternative (this is as of last June, maybe the landscape has changed again)

Yeah, I cut the cord before my deal with Cablevision even ended. If you need more sports, then Fubo is the way to go. If not, one of the others will suffice. The prices are all pretty comparable. 
I've used this link for a year now with no issues.  It's free. Watch any sports.

http://bilasport.net/mlb.html

Also saw that chet UUUU play and am tailing
Interesting, I hadn't seen his rec on UUUU.  That's the only uranium name we're in at the moment and really, we're in it for their Rare Earths.  Great potential here if you're looking for a play in this space.  Really like the management team too.  

• Love
Reactions: KGB
Interesting, I hadn't seen his rec on UUUU.  That's the only uranium name we're in at the moment and really, we're in it for their Rare Earths.  Great potential here if you're looking for a play in this space.  Really like the management team too.  
Long term play out in and out?

Long term play out in and out?
Longer term play as we continue to see interest coming into rare earths.  Not so bullish on uranium as the supply overhang is still considerable, but if you're looking for a domestic producer in the space, this would be one to own.  But it's their rare earths and the ability to process them which makes this company one to put on your watch list or buy if you want exposure here.

Todem said:
Yes. It is a very good yield play with some mild growth. It is a high yield convertable bond fund. I would not have more than 5% of my portfolio in it.
I've soured on selling covered calls after losing out on some big gainers in 2020, but I'm wondering if you squeeze out yield on some of the holdings that you wouldn't mind selling by writing calls on them. Are you more likely to do so this year to chase that yield you're looking for?

Sold a bunch of stuff, added UUUU, MDU and DIS. also got back in to BEEM at $50.39, and doubled my position on BLDP (previously in at $19) because I like 10-baggers and @Todemsays it's one. 

Selling outweighed the buying today though, keeping some cash on the sidelines for a bit.

Would have been a green day except for one fool boat anchoring the day.  I probably don't need to share that name by now.  New year, same results.

Sold the rest of my NGA for a 51% return and the IPV I bought last Thursday for a 10% gain.  

T goes ex-D January 8th.  I suspect if you buy tomorrow you can pick up your two quarters in the next two days and exit on Thursday.

I've soured on selling covered calls after losing out on some big gainers in 2020, but I'm wondering if you squeeze out yield on some of the holdings that you wouldn't mind selling by writing calls on them. Are you more likely to do so this year to chase that yield you're looking for?
If I don’t mind getting called...and I can get very good premiums that make sense and are at least 7-10% out of the money strikes......sure I would write some covered calls this year. We are getting frothy short term. Those calls can help enhance the yield in the portfolio and expire worthless. Also do not go out more than 5-6 months.  

Something tells me anything less than the GDP of the EU will not be received well.  I've got a lot of coin riding on that one.
I think the run-up will be money, but if you’re actively trading it the after hours and next day may not be so great. 

Would have been a green day except for one fool boat anchoring the day.  I probably don't need to share that name by now.  New year, same results.

Sold the rest of my NGA for a 51% return and the IPV I bought last Thursday for a 10% gain.  
You realize that Amazon is the reason NGA popped today, right? They’ve ordered trucks and have the potential to own 20% of the company. They also own a chunk of Rivian and own/own parts of a couple autonomous vehicle companies.

Seems like you owe Jeff a thank you.

I wasn’t close to a green day, just had a bunch up but overall down. Too many of my big guys down to overcome.

I like that Zoom had a nice day. It's really been beat up lately and I was going to have to decide to double down or sell.

Random chinese lithium miners that make up a lot of LIT went bonkers today.

Users who are viewing this thread